Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

Of the barnacles is Heather the only one with an actual full-time job? I'm not counting the show because I don't believe any of them are filming full-time.  I'm not even sure Whitney does.  

I know Tal was a counselor, but didn't he quit or get fired?  I mean they can't be making any real money from the show.  How are they all surviving?  Heather is the only one who seems able to fully support herself. Does Todd have a roommate?   Isn't he a part-time waiter? How can you live on that? Is Greensboro cost of living cheap?  If it is cheap why live with Shitney? Do they all have family who help them?  It just doesnt make any sense.

All these folks are in their mid 30s, and I think all or most graduated college; I don't get this everybody live with Whitney bit.  I think if Heather didn't have kids she might even shack up there too.  I don't mind roommates, but here it feels akin to a hospital stay in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Of the barnacles is Heather the only one with an actual full-time job? I'm not counting the show because I don't believe any of them are filming full-time.  I'm not even sure Whitney does.  

I know Tal was a counselor, but didn't he quit or get fired?  I mean they can't be making any real money from the show.  How are they all surviving?  Heather is the only one who seems able to fully support herself. Does Todd have a roommate?   Isn't he a part-time waiter? How can you live on that? Is Greensboro cost of living cheap?  If it is cheap why live with Shitney? Do they all have family who help them?  It just doesnt make any sense.

All these folks are in their mid 30s, and I think all or most graduated college; I don't get this everybody live with Whitney bit.  I think if Heather didn't have kids she might even shack up there too.  I don't mind roommates, but here it feels akin to a hospital stay in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Tal claims 2 jobs: therapist & part-time instructor. Todd used to live in NYC, working as a waiter & picking up occasional work in musical theater. I don't think he's doing that any more. Hunter also tries to get work with his band & in the theater in NYC. I think he's given up, too.

MBFFL films from Apr to Octoberish, so whatever else these ppl do probably has to be flexible enuf to work around the filming schedule.

All I know.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Dot said:

MBFFL films from Apr to Octoberish, so whatever else these ppl do probably has to be flexible enuf to work around the filming schedule.

And the cruising schedule. :)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

After watching the show last night, I would also like to know where Heather has been living.  Whit was talking about her new apartment and the "independence" she has gained since breaking up with Buddy, so where was she living before?  Stashed under Buddy's bed in Whitney's attic?  And why didn't she own a mattress?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

After watching the show last night, I would also like to know where Heather has been living.  Whit was talking about her new apartment and the "independence" she has gained since breaking up with Buddy, so where was she living before?  Stashed under Buddy's bed in Whitney's attic?  And why didn't she own a mattress?

Heather & her kids moved into her mom's house after her divorce. She's been there ever since. about 3 years, I think.

• Love 5

From a poster over on the Sister Wives thread a little speculation on what the Browns make, so I guess, if true, Whitney and the gang would be splitting 25,000-40,000 an episode.

"Reality producer Terence Michael has estimated that reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget. TLC is said to spend anywhere between $250,000 and $400,000 per episode on its shows, which means the Browns take in $25,000 to $40,000. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living-details-on-the-sister-wives-star-s-net-worth-146281/"

On 1/6/2019 at 12:15 PM, Irate Panda said:

From a poster over on the Sister Wives thread a little speculation on what the Browns make, so I guess, if true, Whitney and the gang would be splitting 25,000-40,000 an episode.

"Reality producer Terence Michael has estimated that reality families earn about 10 percent of a show’s per-episode budget. TLC is said to spend anywhere between $250,000 and $400,000 per episode on its shows, which means the Browns take in $25,000 to $40,000. 

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/what-does-kody-brown-do-for-a-living-details-on-the-sister-wives-star-s-net-worth-146281/"

I don't know anything about producing a TV show, but $250k - $400k per episode of MBFFL sounds outrageous to me.  They literally just follow a fat girl around with a camera.  I could do it with my iphone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Brooks said:

No, they're following around a sex-starved, boundaryless beluga.  You have to figure in battle pay.

And therapy for the production crew that has to see her naked/half naked all the time, and deal with her shit. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

And the Starbucks and pizza budget.  (Although if Buddy is back delivering pizza, he probably gets freebies or an employee discount, which might save production a few dollars.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Dr. Acula said:

I don't know anything about producing a TV show, but $250k - $400k per episode of MBFFL sounds outrageous to me.  They literally just follow a fat girl around with a camera.  I could do it with my iphone.

I laughed so hard at this. 

But it’s a fair point. I know literally nothing about television production so this is a blind guess, but it seems most of the expenses would be salaries for the crew: camera and sound people, editors, etc. Like, it costs nothing to follow a fat Girl around with a camera but the actual work of making that a television show costs some dollars. And yet I still would have to crunch some numbers to get to 400k an episode. Could this show really cost millions to make per season? How could that be profitable? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dr. Acula said:

Actually, I suspect $400,000 to produce an hour's worth of TV is pretty cheap, all things considered. It's known that so-called reality shows became popular for cables & networks cuz they are so much cheaper to produce than a scripted show with reasonable well-known actors. 

I'll be watching the MBFFL ratings this year. The first S-6 ep showed a viewership slip of some 250,000 ppl. Not a lot, but dangerous -- I would think -- for a show that's gone on for 6 seasons and is (1) recycling old story arcs, (2) prolonging new stories to the point of tedium & (3) coming up with implausible stories for a small town fat woman -- I refuse to call her a girl -- such as vacays to HI & AK for her & all her barnacles.

Anyway, how low would viewership have to go for MBFFL to be cancelled? 500,000? Or was that first ep's viewership just skewed by the bowl games & all Twit's million loyalists will be back for the rest of the season?

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Dr. Acula said:

Hahaha they could just strap a body cam on her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm not sure the Powells can count as barnacles, but I'll put this here for anyone interested: a local news story (You Tube clip) on how Jessica lost over 100 lbs and competes in crossfit and bodybuilding with her father, Will. LINK

• Love 4
On 1/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Dot said:

Actually, I suspect $400,000 to produce an hour's worth of TV is pretty cheap, all things considered. It's known that so-called reality shows became popular for cables & networks cuz they are so much cheaper to produce than a scripted show with reasonable well-known actors. 

I'll be watching the MBFFL ratings this year. The first S-6 ep showed a viewership slip of some 250,000 ppl. Not a lot, but dangerous -- I would think -- for a show that's gone on for 6 seasons and is (1) recycling old story arcs, (2) prolonging new stories to the point of tedium & (3) coming up with implausible stories for a small town fat woman -- I refuse to call her a girl -- such as vacays to HI & AK for her & all her barnacles.

Anyway, how low would viewership have to go for MBFFL to be cancelled? 500,000? Or was that first ep's viewership just skewed by the bowl games & all Twit's million loyalists will be back for the rest of the season?

I need this show, every time i watch its like dont eat anything. Her last exercise could have been inspiring if she had worn sleeves and did more than waddle, i will have to watch what todd is doing, hard to believe its the same dance moves

• Love 1
On 12/15/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sasha888 said:

I've often wondered the same thing. 

In general I'm inclined to dislike Hunter, but one time on the show I remember him saying something that made him my favorite person in that episode...it was the infamous Hawaii 8K episode. On the way to the race, they passed a cemetery, and Hunter said "Oh look at that, that's all the people who died trying to do the 8K..." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ha ha ha, that was an awesome little dig he got in on his sister. I gave him a pass on the passive/aggressive nature of that remark because I figured it had to be hell growing up with Twit.

I thought it was funny Glenn ditched both of them at the tiki bar. He probably was wtf did i do but got stuck there because Glenn was probably pissed hunter wasnt a ceo or a big actor so failed children get abandoned at tiki bars until he feels guilty and collects them

• Love 4
On 1/22/2019 at 10:27 AM, Ketzel said:

I'm not sure the Powells can count as barnacles, but I'll put this here for anyone interested: a local news story (You Tube clip) on how Jessica lost over 100 lbs and competes in crossfit and bodybuilding with her father, Will. LINK

Now THAT's how you do it, Whitney. Jessica has to be rolling her eyes during Whitney's work outs.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

Now THAT's how you do it, Whitney. Jessica has to be rolling her eyes during Whitney's work outs.

On 1/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, Ketzel said:

Wow. That's a really interesting story. If Twit actually pays attention to Jessica about what she's eating, she may get somewhere. That doesn't explain why Jessica chooses exercises for Twit that seems potentially harmful.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

If Twit actually pays attention to Jessica about what she's eating, she may get somewhere.

Dot - You did see Will Powell's videos on eating protocols? There's one where Jessica describes her diet when training for an event. She says she concentrates on healthy, clean, organic food, and on portion sizes rather than calorie counting. She says all her meals consist of 2 ounces of protein, usually chicken breast, 1/4 cup complex carbs, generally brown rice, quinoa or sweet potato, lots of dark leafy greens or brussels sprouts, and a small amount of coconut oil for fat.  Whitney basically mocks her and strongly implies that her training diet is a prescription for an eating disorder.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She says all her meals consist of 2 ounces of protein, usually chicken breast, 1/4 cup complex carbs, generally brown rice, quinoa or sweet potato, lots of dark leafy greens or brussels sprouts, and a small amount of coconut oil for fat

Whitney should be eating a diet like that. It's definitely a weight-loss diet, that sounds like maybe 1200 calories a day and I hope Jessica only eats that way during a cut. Hearing that Jessica used to be heavy is not tremendously surprising. Sometimes people lose a bunch of weight and decide "hey, I want to be a trainer now" and think that their personal experience is a substitute for educating and certifying themselves. I'm sure that when Jessica was in the 230-lb range, she could do a lot of the stuff that she currently makes a 350+ lb Whitney do, but that is not appropriate for a client who is older, heavier, in worse shape, with shot knees, etc.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney basically mocks her and strongly implies that her training diet is a prescription for an eating disorder.

She called it "food moralizing" and was like, "I don't want to make food an enemy," as if people who care for themselves and use food to enhance their health are the ones who demonize food. Newsflash, Whitney: You don't ENJOY food. You don't love yourself and love food for how it augments that self-love, like those people on the stage you dismiss as obsessive. You hate yourself and you use food as a shield and a crutch. You want to talk about "moralizing food"? You WORSHIP food because you are an addict. It consumes you as you consume it. 

That video pissed me off so much. Whitney had no business being on that stage. Gah! (I just finished a training run and I am starving and sweaty and so am in a good place to be rage-triggered by that video. Off to make myself a damn omelette.) 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Dot - You did see Will Powell's videos on eating protocols? There's one where Jessica describes her diet when training for an event. She says she concentrates on healthy, clean, organic food, and on portion sizes rather than calorie counting. . . .

I did see those eating protocol videos. I remember distinctly cuz that's when I realized what a charlatan Will is. Who would anyone with any integrity at all allow Twit to spout such nonsense as she did without calling her out for it?

Anyway, that was a couple of years ago. Maybe Twit, post-HI, has changed her viewpoint. Not that she will ever admit that.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That's not much - about half a boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked. I hope she is eating more than three times a day.

Yeah even at 1200 calories a day you get to eat pretty well if you're smart about what you eat.

Here's my 1249 calorie day today:

Breakfast: Black coffee Non-fat Greek Yogurt (113 g) Blueberries (30 g)

Lunch: Steel cut oatmeal (40 g dry) Two large eggs Sharp Cheddar (28 g) Pickled jalapeno (14 g) Sun dried tomato (12 g)

Dinner: Chicken breast (150 g) Butternut squash (100 g) and butter (7 g) Quinoa (40 g dry) Side salad (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish) w/ low calorie raspberry vinaigrette (30 g)

Dessert/Snack: Pretzel Thins (28 g) Brownie batter hummus (28 g)

Controlling portion size is a method of calorie intake control.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

She called it "food moralizing" and was like, "I don't want to make food an enemy," as if people who care for themselves and use food to enhance their health are the ones who demonize food. Newsflash, Whitney: You don't ENJOY food. You don't love yourself and love food for how it augments that self-love, like those people on the stage you dismiss as obsessive. You hate yourself and you use food as a shield and a crutch. You want to talk about "moralizing food"? You WORSHIP food because you are an addict. It consumes you as you consume it. 

AMEN! I hate the implication that people who eat healthy don't enjoy food. They tend to enjoy food MORE, honestly, because when they eat something they actually taste it. Like when Whitney went cake-tasting with her brother and INHALED the damn cupcakes (Hunter was even like "holy shit, slow down," and he's probably seen it all with this chick). When I have a cupcake, I savor every bite. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney should be eating a diet like that. It's definitely a weight-loss diet, that sounds like maybe 1200 calories a day and I hope Jessica only eats that way during a cut. Hearing that Jessica used to be heavy is not tremendously surprising. Sometimes people lose a bunch of weight and decide "hey, I want to be a trainer now" and think that their personal experience is a substitute for educating and certifying themselves. I'm sure that when Jessica was in the 230-lb range, she could do a lot of the stuff that she currently makes a 350+ lb Whitney do, but that is not appropriate for a client who is older, heavier, in worse shape, with shot knees, etc.

My friend who is a "natural physique" competitor eats like that when she's getting ready for a competition. Near the end she pretty much eliminates ALL carbs from her diet, mercifully for only a short period (merciful to those of us who have to be around her, LOL.) When she's not in competition, her food and exercise are used to help alleviate/control her RA. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

jessica wasn't the trainer who swiped over her head and rolled her eyes in that one video on sm.  it was before her character was introduced.  anyone think that person was booted because you can't mess with will Powells meal ticket

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Dot - You did see Will Powell's videos on eating protocols? There's one where Jessica describes her diet when training for an event. She says she concentrates on healthy, clean, organic food, and on portion sizes rather than calorie counting. She says all her meals consist of 2 ounces of protein, usually chicken breast, 1/4 cup complex carbs, generally brown rice, quinoa or sweet potato, lots of dark leafy greens or brussels sprouts, and a small amount of coconut oil for fat.  Whitney basically mocks her and strongly implies that her training diet is a prescription for an eating disorder.

are you serious.  where is this video.  she is such a mean rude bully.   get your head screwed on straight whitney wtf has to happen to wake your ass up to realize what is and is not normal eating. we all know you binge eat.  your mom knows it, we knew it from the tell all by the look on your face talking about how ashley lost weight on the same diet but you didn't.  that guilty look, seriously,  we all know. we live in a day where there are now medications and therapies for this disorder,  even therapies for your historic personality disorder and plus she is rich enough to afford this, what has to happen.....

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

AMEN! I hate the implication that people who eat healthy don't enjoy food. They tend to enjoy food MORE, honestly, because when they eat something they actually taste it. Like when Whitney went cake-tasting with her brother and INHALED the damn cupcakes (Hunter was even like "holy shit, slow down," and he's probably seen it all with this chick). When I have a cupcake, I savor every bite. 

omg I know, I hate canned tomatoe sauce,  tastes like chemicals and sugar. you notice it once you get your taste buds back.  real stuff takes time so it's like less time your ass is on the couch. I also like to just sub roasted stuff in as a pinch.  The reason a lot of people eat shit is they can't cook or don't know how to use fresh herbs, spices, fresh food in general. youtube people.  bottled salad dressing is also the grossest thing ever filled with sugar and diy takes about 5 seconds.

• Love 5
On 1/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, auntjess said:

If anyone is interested, here's the link to the Lennie episode of Catfish.  I saw just a bit, but had heard it was dull.

this was cringe. I had to watch this thinking why would anyone impersonate lenny. the worst part was when she called the guy she was seeing to let him know she was meeting up with catfish lenny.   The guy said ......ok whatever gave zero shits and she gushed you are so awesome.  what is the deal with these young chicks with no self esteem.   this guy was basically  we are not serious ,  why are you calling me. she thank you for not giving a shit about me... cringe....

• Love 2
On 1/24/2019 at 4:30 AM, Kentuckydaisy said:

are you serious.  where is this video.  she is such a mean rude bully.   get your head screwed on straight whitney wtf has to happen to wake your ass up to realize what is and is not normal eating. we all know you binge eat.  your mom knows it, we knew it from the tell all by the look on your face talking about how ashley lost weight on the same diet but you didn't.  that guilty look, seriously,  we all know. we live in a day where there are now medications and therapies for this disorder,  even therapies for your historic personality disorder and plus she is rich enough to afford this, what has to happen.....

It's posted above, but it's Jessica that said she ate that (about herself), not Whitney.

Was trying to check out Buddy's IG for the latest on Chelsea and saw she isn't even on his IG.  Wonder if they broke up?

56 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Was trying to check out Buddy's IG for the latest on Chelsea and saw she isn't even on his IG.  Wonder if they broke up?

Yes, they did. They are no longer a couple & Buddy appears to be living with Twit again. If not, he is certainly spending a lot of time with her. (Which means he still has no job since Twit doesn't.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, Dot said:

Yes, they did. They are no longer a couple & Buddy appears to be living with Twit again. If not, he is certainly spending a lot of time with her. (Which means he still has no job since Twit doesn't.)

Not surprised, she looked over him before she even stepped foot in Greensboro. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, Dot said:

Maybe he took a year off from delivering pizzas to travel?  
Can you imagine asking for that>

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It occurred to me that those of you who don't follow Twit & Gang on IG wouldn't know Tal has a BF. His name is Jon & that's about all I know about him except my guess that he may not live in Greensboro since Tal's IG page always shows them together on weekends only. I think they got together around the time of the Nov cruise last year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dot said:

It occurred to me that those of you who don't follow Twit & Gang on IG wouldn't know Tal has a BF. His name is Jon & that's about all I know about him except my guess that he may not live in Greensboro since Tal's IG page always shows them together on weekends only. I think they got together around the time of the Nov cruise last year.

Does he spend weekends in the pigpen or does Tal escape?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, princelina said:

Does he spend weekends in the pigpen or does Tal escape?

I know he's spent at least one weekend in Tal's attic room becuz he made omlettes for all 3 one morn.

Actually, I think the house is pretty clean, esp. now that Tal lives there & Twit has a cleaning service come in.

I think Jon is ever so much better looking than Tal, don't you? Or maybe it's becuz I don't think bald men are attractive.

• LOL 2

Agreed, he is very good looking. He looks clean and genuinely pleasant. As far as bald men, I think the ones who are in shape (not hulked up) are attractive Ed Harris comes to mind. What is not attractive to me are the ones who try to compensate by growing pony tails or facial hair. Tal looks creepy and seems a little wooden.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dot said:

I know he's spent at least one weekend in Tal's attic room becuz he made omlettes for all 3 one morn.

Actually, I think the house is pretty clean, esp. now that Tal lives there & Twit has a cleaning service come in.

I think Jon is ever so much better looking than Tal, don't you? Or maybe it's becuz I don't think bald men are attractive.

I agree he is better looking, although I think Tal and Todd are the best looking ones on this show.  Make of that what you will 😈

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree he is better looking, although I think Tal and Todd are the best looking ones on this show.  Make of that what you will 😈

I think Todd is the best looking one on this show.   I love his snark and honesty towards Sweatney, too. 

Tal gives me an alien-looking vibe cuz he's so pale, thin,   and hairless. Plus,  he's such a suck up to Twit. 

I like bald men such as Ed Harris, and even Bruce Willis, and the Rock. 

• Love 5

I appreciate that he has an education and I always hope that he will use it when interacting with that group of immature nitwhits but he does look like an alien. I think it is the wide open eyes in the pale face. I know he can't help how he looks but tonight I feel snarky especially since he acts like a poodle so much of the time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, princelina said:

Hmmm....picking the most attractive person on this show is difficult. I don’t think any of them are outright ugly (well looks wise), but I’d say Todd and Heather are the most attractive show members (but that ain’t sayin’ much).  I think they are both average.  Buddy is the least attractive (looks wise).  Old marble-mouth is so unattractive personality wise, so I’m sure that influences me, but facially and body wise he’s not attractive to me.   Whitney I think can look nice sometimes, but I never know how much is make up or photoshop.  Buddy doesn’t have that luxury, I suppose.

• Love 3

I don't remember exactly when, but there was a Facebook live stream where Whitney was chatting to her fans, when Tal came home and she screamed at him to get over here and be on the live stream with her. He called back he couldn't because he had a date coming over and had stuff to do in the kitchen. Whitney said something to the effect of "that guy's not right for you." Tal practically sang back, "We'll seeee." She returned to the live stream grumbling about how bad his judgment was. My guess is that this was close to the beginning of his relationship with Jon and Whitney was NOT happy about it. But at least then, Tal obviously felt free to invite him to the house.

• Love 6