Type keyword(s) to search

Hired Friends: Whitney's Social Barnacles

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, princelina said:

@Dot is going to be pissed at me but I still don't think [Tal] moved in there - I think he's faking it for storyline.

Not pissed, just scratching my head as to why you want to believe that Tal doesn't live with Twit, esp. now that Donna is gone.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

Not pissed, just scratching my head as to why you want to believe that Tal doesn't live with Twit, esp. now that Donna is gone.

I may change my mind once the season begins.  But for now all I've seen is him waltz through the door with a shoebox of possessions, and I just can't fathom him wanting to give up his cozy home and privacy to live in her pigpen.  Doing it for a paycheck during filming I understand, but I'm just not buying what they are selling :D

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, princelina said:

I may change my mind once the season begins.  But for now all I've seen is him waltz through the door with a shoebox of possessions, and I just can't fathom him wanting to give up his cozy home and privacy to live in her pigpen.  Doing it for a paycheck during filming I understand, but I'm just not buying what they are selling :D

If you wasted as much of your day as I do, you'd see Tal at Twit's house day & night on their SM pages, including the treat of him wandering into her bedroom in his briefs.

• Love 5
On 8/20/2016 at 2:27 PM, TotoGirl said:

A Evening Out with The Barnacles of Twitlandia:

As a group, they pick the restaurant with the largest buffet in town. (Natch.) They are led to their table, nearest the buffet, of course. Buddy is wheezing, his face is turning a strange color & he's mumbling something no one can understand, Todd spins, hip-pops and dance-struts his way to the table, Tal demands a larger bowl for a Fruit Loops appetizer and Heather is shouting "Todd, that C-U-Next-Tuesday thing was awesome! Everybody together now, C--U--Next...." while doing some lame cheerleader pose. Then, in unison, they all demand a larger chair in preparation for the Queen of Twitlandia's arrival....which is announced with a soundbyte of donkey-braying laughter blasted over the sound system. Once everyone is seated, and the Queen's shoes have been removed, they share a pitcher of frappuccinos and toast to the awesomeness of being "besties" with The Coolest Dancer and Best Twerker on Earth.

Ahhhh, what a life they live. I am SO freakin' jealous!!! ;)

I am 62 years old no car,little savings, am not in contact with by half brother my only close relative. I want to thank you for making my life look fantastic compared to theirs.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

If you wasted as much of your day as I do, you'd see Tal at Twit's house day & night on their SM pages, including the treat of him wandering into her bedroom in his briefs.

Is posting pics and videos of yourself on SM in your underwear (or even less) a disease of some kind? Because it seems like anyone who gets too close to Twit is catching it.

I'm not big into SM but I do check my Facebook once in awhile, and out of all the weirdos I've accepted friend requests from (not really wanting to but thinking oh geez, if I don't I'll look like a huge asshole), not ONE person has ever posted pics of themselves in their underwear, a sheet, their bra...not even close.

And I know some fucked up people, so that's saying something!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Dot said:

Haha okay!  That's what I have to look forward to when I retire I guess :D

• Love 4

It's funny because Tal used to be the one of them that seemed the closest to normal, and now he is practically the ringmaster of this shit show. Even Todd seems sane by comparison. At least Todd has the good sense to be creeped out by Whitney on a regular basis.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

It's funny because Tal used to be the one of them that seemed the closest to normal, and now he is practically the ringmaster of this shit show. Even Todd seems sane by comparison. At least Todd has the good sense to be creeped out by Whitney on a regular basis.

My vote for most normal is Todd's cousin, Ashley. It was revealing when she allowed Twit to (supposedly) be her birth trainer or whatever it's called, but said, "Remember, Whitney, it's not all about you."

Ashley seems to drift in & out of MBFFL when she needs a few extra bucks in her billfold, then steers clear otherwise. I call that sanity.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Dot said:

Ashley seems to drift in & out of MBFFL when she needs a few extra bucks in her billfold, then steers clear otherwise. I call that sanity.

Agreed. 

However, just to re-cap, Ashley did the following things:

1) Allowed Twit to be her birthing coach.

2) Let her throw a baby shower (or gender reveal party, was it?) where Twit made it all about herself, of course

3) Had to listen in what I can only imagine was sheer horror while Twit asked to smell the placenta

4) Allowed herself to be dragged to a psychic where Twit turned the spotlight back on herself by performing a bizarre dance (conception dance or something??)

So while I agree that she's the most sane of the bunch, I just thought I'd point out how low that bar is. It's kind of like saying who do you think is the nicest serial killer.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

It's kind of like saying who do you think is the nicest serial killer.

I just spent a few minutes contemplating who the nicest serial killer would be. LOL. And I agree, Whitney's friends are all awful. 

Heather: whiny enabling simp

Ashley: keeps coming back

Todd: attention whore

Tal: sanctimonious jackaninny

Buddy: boorish oaf

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I just spent a few minutes contemplating who the nicest serial killer would be. LOL. And I agree, Whitney's friends are all awful. 

ITA with all your friends' assessments, tho I would add "crashing bore" to Heather.

Then there's the family:

Babs: Southern belle with the vapors

Glenn: enabler & pompous ass

Hunter: jobless hanger-on

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

We need to start a revolution to bring back the word "simp." Let's be honest - it suits Heather perfectly.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dot said:

Babs: Southern belle with the vapors

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 love that description!!! 

She SHOULD get the vapors and pass out on a fainting couch when she hears the crazy shit her daughter says! Instead she usually just says "Ohhhh, Hhhhwhitney..."

• Love 4
On 12/6/2018 at 11:40 PM, Sasha888 said:

So while I agree that she's the most sane of the bunch, I just thought I'd point out how low that bar is. It's kind of like saying who do you think is the nicest serial killer.

LOL! Point taken.

• Love 1

Prepare for itemized insults (hee hee!)

1) Hunter, you're close to dunlap syndrome (as in belly dunlapped over da belt) and your shirt blowing up in the breeze just proves it.

2) Is Heather's hair purple? Really? Grow up.

3) Twit's "clothing" is at least not her usual BRA ONLY but it's the thinnest of fabrics and is in a size that clings to every lump and bump. Gross.

4) Agree about Glenn and Buddy...some people were more prepared for the picture than they were. Guess no one said cheese. (Maybe if they say "cheese", Twit says "WHERE???" and stampedes outta there.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Twit's fupa----overlapping belly--- is definitely hanging low....exercise won't disappear that fat.  

I am sporting a lavender streak in my light blonde hair today and I am 64 .

It's fun and washes out.  I get alot of compliments, mostly from women and young people---teens, 20's. 

I call it being brave and willing to put myself out there, even if others ridicule me behind my back or online. Not that I care. I love getting older cuz less fucks given with each passing year. No harm, no foul. 

But then, I don't have an obese "friend"  to whom I'm barnacled to for $ or free trips.

I do have lovely, obese friends who are intelligent,  beautiful people. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I wonder when this picture was taken?

Remember a couple of months ago when the gang was all in that photog's studio for promo shots? That's when.

ETA: @Ketzel, a date between Oct 17 - Nov 1, from dates on photos in Twit's, Tal's & Heather's IG pages.

Edited by Dot
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

Twit's fupa----overlapping belly--- is definitely hanging low....exercise won't disappear that fat.  

I am sporting a lavender streak in my light blonde hair today and I am 64 .

It's fun and washes out.  I get alot of compliments, mostly from women and young people---teens, 20's. 

I call it being brave and willing to put myself out there, even if others ridicule me behind my back or online. Not that I care. I love getting older cuz less fucks given with each passing year. No harm, no foul. 

But then, I don't have an obese "friend"  to whom I'm barnacled to for $ or free trips.

I do have lovely, obese friends who are intelligent,  beautiful people. 

That's what happens as you age - gravity makes it drop.  I know because I used to have one of those bellies.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Globegrl said:

That's what happens as you age - gravity makes it drop.  I know because I used to have one of those bellies.

It's medical designation is panniculus, aka pannus. And it doesn't go away without surgery. If Twit's skin is already losing elasticity at age 34, her arms are gonna be bat wings if she loses weight. She is more & more becoming a candidate for Dr Now. And I'm sure TLC is awaiting the crossover show.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dot said:

Remember a couple of months ago when the gang was all in that photog's studio for promo shots? That's when.

Thanks, Dot. It's a fairly unflattering shot of everyone in it, but maybe it was TLC's choice for a publicity shot, not Whitney's.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Thanks, Dot. It's a fairly unflattering shot of everyone in it, but maybe it was TLC's choice for a publicity shot, not Whitney's.

See my ETA above.

So it appears from the trailer for the next episode of Catfish  on Facebook (top of the page) that the victim thinks she's been online dating a "reality star." There's a briefly  flashed picture of the "star" she believes she's dating, and it's none other than Whitney's Lennie!  Next Wednesday at 9 on MTV for anyone who might be interested. I'm pretty sure I'm having a headache, or possibly a date with Bruno Mars. What - we've been texting for weeks now!

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So it appears from the trailer for the next episode of Catfish  on Facebook (top of the page) that the victim thinks she's been online dating a "reality star." There's a briefly  flashed picture of the "star" she believes she's dating, and it's none other than Whitney's Lennie!  Next Wednesday at 9 on MTV for anyone who might be interested. I'm pretty sure I'm having a headache, or possibly a date with Bruno Mars. What - we've been texting for weeks now!

Hi, @Ketzel, dear. Bruno here. Your texts have been the highlight of each day I've received one.

Anyhoo, I've got a Q since I'm not Catfish-conversant. If the woman THINKS she is dating Lennie, does that mean it's some other guy? Or does she think it's a real reality star -- whatever that is -- and it turns out to be just Lennie?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

Hi, @Ketzel, dear. Bruno here. Your texts have been the highlight of each day I've received one.

Anyhoo, I've got a Q since I'm not Catfish-conversant. If the woman THINKS she is dating Lennie, does that mean it's some other guy? Or does she think it's a real reality star -- whatever that is -- and it turns out to be just Lennie?

I've only seen the actual show once. My guess is that the answer to your questions would be "tune in next Wednesday and find out!" :)

PS - I know you're not Bruno. He calls me "boo," not "dear."

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

PS - I know you're not Bruno. He calls me "boo," not "dear."

Bish. 😁

ETA: I just looked at IMDb's plot summary. It says the woman thinks she's texting with Love & Hip Hop star, Rich Dollarz.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3

Does it count as catfishing if she was dating Lennie but he wasn’t wearing his disguise and using a fake name or are they saying Lennie was pretending to be Richie Dollaz or is it catfishing because the person is claiming Lennie was a “star”?  So many questions so little time.  I never saw the catfish show.

• Love 1

I think the episode with Richie Dollarz was this past Wednesdy, according to Google:

Nev and co-host Nick Young, aka Swaggy P, are hot on a case to help Sheila figure out if she's being romanced by "Love & Hip Hop" star Rich Dollaz.

Show: Catfish: The TV Show

Season number: 7

Episode number: 21

Air date: December 12, 2018

Previous episode: Rachael & Vance

Next episode: Chelsea & Lennie

Notice that the next episode is "Chelsea and Lennie." So someone named Chelsea thought she was having an on line thing with reality star Lennie. Who turns out to be actually Lennie, but nobody's idea of a star, reality or otherwise? :-D  Just guessing here . . .

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I think the episode with Richie Dollarz was this past Wednesdy, according to Google:

Notice that the next episode is "Chelsea and Lennie." So someone named Chelsea thought she was having an on line thing with reality star Lennie. Who turns out to be actually Lennie, but nobody's idea of a star, reality or otherwise? :-D  Just guessing here . . .

IMDb does list the Richie Dollarz ep as being Dec 12, but there's no ep following, so I assumed -- apparently falsely -- that the date has changed, which happens, and IMDb hadn't caught up yet.

I don't get MTV. I'll be interested to hear the comments next week from any Catfish fans here.

6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Chelsea just happens to be the name of the woman that Buddy would have married yesterday if he could.  Perhaps she saw Twit kissing Buddy in the park and ran to Lennie for comfort?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

Chelsea just happens to be the name of the woman that Buddy would have married yesterday if he could.  Perhaps she saw Twit kissing Buddy in the park and ran to Lennie for comfort?  

This board makes up more interesting storylines than the show....my addition....Heather, betrayed by both Whitney and Buddy, decides to gain 200lbs and start dating Avi. Todd, forever the thorn in Whitney’s side, drops their class to go on tour with Richie Dollarz.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13

I’m not sure if Hunter is considered a social barnacle because I don’t see enough of him and since he’s related to her I imagine some of his loyalty to Whitney is due to that.  I’m not a regular watcher of the show, but the worst/most embarrassing thing (besides his hair cut) I’ve seen him do was not guffawing and falling out of his chair when Whitney claimed not to like cake.   Anyway, after watching the food protocol video where Whitney tells us her parents forbade her to have a job when she was trying to lose weight with Will because it was a full-time, I guess it was just another example of how coddled Whitney has been her whole life.  Has it ever been mentioned if Hunter is equally catered to by their parents?  I believe he’s an actor, is he self sufficient or did Glenn financially support him too?  I guess I’m just wondering if one of the Thore children turned out to be a self-sufficient, socially-appropriate adult?  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I believe he’s an actor, is he self sufficient or did Glenn financially support him too?  I guess I’m just wondering if one of the Thore children turned out to be a self-sufficient, socially-appropriate adult?  

I've often wondered the same thing. 

In general I'm inclined to dislike Hunter, but one time on the show I remember him saying something that made him my favorite person in that episode...it was the infamous Hawaii 8K episode. On the way to the race, they passed a cemetery, and Hunter said "Oh look at that, that's all the people who died trying to do the 8K..." 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ha ha ha, that was an awesome little dig he got in on his sister. I gave him a pass on the passive/aggressive nature of that remark because I figured it had to be hell growing up with Twit.

• Love 6

@Irate Panda, Hunter & his family call him an actor & musician. He has appeared in at least one Off Broadway -- or maybe Off Off Off -- play bc the parents went to NYC to see it. (This was over a yr ago, when Twit was on a CurvyCon panel, so the parents had a two-fer.) Hunter also supposedly has a band.

I seriously doubt he earns a living on his artistic endevours. MBFFL films from Apr-Octoberish, the cruise is in Nov or Dec. And Hunter seems to be there for all of it. So, I think he's actually an unemployed hanger-on, cashing his TLC check, just like the rest of the barnacles.

• Love 3

Tal is totally smitten with his latest BF. I think they got together shortly before the AK trip cuz Tal spent some IG time moaning about how much he missed the guy. The couple spends a lot of time together if Tal's IG page is any indication.

It occurs to me that the more time Tal has spent with his BF, the less time he's had for Twit. Which, I believe, is what has contributed to the rise of Grifter Ryan. Twit seems unable to move thru life without hanging onto some man. If it's only a gay man, so be it.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m not sure if Ryan belongs in this section, but I couldn’t find the link that I originally saw @Dot but the is Ryans before and after from his Instagram

What this tells me is that Ryan is just like most ppl who go thru some form of recovery & then want to become "therapists" & think they are qualified to help others thru a recovery. Very true of reformed alcoholics. Take a look at Buddy in S-5, for example. 

It looks like Ryan's credentials as a fitness trainer are no more solid than Twit's: they both have gone to a gym several times a week for a while, lost a few pounds & gained some muscle definition.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dot said:

It looks like Ryan's credentials as a fitness trainer are no more solid than Twit's:" they both"  have gone to a gym several times a week for a while, lost a few pounds & gained some muscle definition.

they "both"?????? 

Nope on Twit losing a few pounds or gaining muscle definition.  

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Tosia said:

they "both"?????? 

Nope on Twit losing a few pounds or gaining muscle definition.  

I agree. Ryan at least has made some significant changes to his body. That doesn’t make him an expert but at least you can tell he is working out and watching his diet. That makes him not at all like Whitney. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2018 at 4:32 AM, Sasha888 said:

1) Hunter, you're close to dunlap syndrome (as in belly dunlapped over da belt) and your shirt blowing up in the breeze just proves it.

I vote Hunter the one Most Likely to Have an 8-Year-Old Girl's Body Stashed Under His Crawl Space 2019.

He is pasty-sweaty-creepy.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree. Ryan at least has made some significant changes to his body. That doesn’t make him an expert but at least you can tell he is working out and watching his diet. That makes him not at all like Whitney. 

You & @Tosia missed my point, which is both Ryan & Twit are poseurs, not fitness trainers.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

You & @Tosia missed my point, which is both Ryan & Twit are poseurs, not fitness trainers.

Dot, I agree. If Will Powell, Twit's previous trainer, had teamed up with her to do some exercises, that would be a different story. Although Will has only been able to motivate Twit once in her life (and got her to lose 100lbs), he is a certified professional and not just some yahoo who's lost a few dozen pounds. I've been doing martial arts since 1989 but that doesn't qualify me to open my own martial arts school or offer $20/month memberships training people how to swing a broadswoard.

• Love 2

The only time Buddy impressed me at all, and it was just in comparison with the ultra loser BF-for-hire Lenny, was during the parlor game among the 4 of us.  Lenny didn't know anything important about Whit, like her favorite pizza toppings (he had plenty of occasion to observe), but Buddy did pretty well by Heather.   So I think he can be a decent friend, just not a BF.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

No.

The first episode Buddy was in he seemed like a decent guy. Not someone I personally would be attracted to but at least not an asshole.

Moved in with Shitney and it was all over. He started packing on a ton of weight, doing a lot of drugs and drinking, being viciously mean, and downward spiraling.

• Love 8