Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

The biggest question I had after this was how did Chantel get Jose into this country.  It had to cost some money.  Who paid for it?   She couldn't have much money herself, being a student living in a studio apartment.  

I've always gotten the impression that she was the princess that got whatever she wanted.  All I can say, if I was paying for that apartment, I wouldn't be footing the bill while she plays house with her boyfriend. 

Judging from the non-reactions of her parents when she told them she was getting married in a few days, they paid for it, they knew about it, they signed up for the show. JMO

• Love 3

I think this issue about inheritance is because she is currently living off an inheritance trust, mostly likely a monthly disbursement. The man on the show was her step-dad, so it could be based on her real dad's death (if he died) or grandparents who had some assets that passed down. 

I've went back and forth on how much her family knew. They definitely knew he was moving in with her, but I'm not so sure about her getting married. They could have guessed it before she ever told them so they weren't that surprised when she did, but I think Mom would have been much more involved then she was if she knew earlier. She would have made sure there was a real pre-nuptial agreement weeks before because she knows Chantel is too immature to be married or make those types of decisions. I don't think it was a "might happen in the future" issue but a current one, and that is how she had the funds to bring him over here and travel to the DR so many times in the past.

• Love 3

I loved her dress, it was classy, sexy, simple, and the fabric had nice movement to it.

I loved her dress, too, and was happy to see her in something tasteful. It was perfect for the occasion. I was shopping tonight at Macy's and they had the dress on sale- BCBG Maxazria, reg $289 I think. I didn't look to see what it was marked down to. I saw it and thought, "omg that's Anfisa's wedding dress!"

BCBG Max Azria Secha one-shoulder gown. Regular price $298, currently 50% off.  I liked it as well, and this may be the first time we've seen her in something that doesn't have her boobs out.

secha one shoulder gown.jpg

• Love 1
On 11/22/2016 at 2:06 PM, Nancybeth said:

The format for this whole thing was whack.  They should have cut it down to one hour, spent a few minutes with each couple individually and then pulled them together at the end for some topics that would concern the whole group.  I don't need to know what every other couple thinks about Jorge and Anfisa!

Does Chantel have lockjaw?  Seriously, it's almost painful to watch her talk. 

I suspect the rule about the US citizen sponsoring and having to prove they can financially support their fiancee is to make it harder for foreigners to "buy" citizenship. Let's say someone is very wealthy in their country but wants to become a US citizen.  They could simply find some willing guy or gal on the internet (say, Nicole) and either pretend to woo them, throw a lot of cash their way and have them initiate the K-1 process, or just flat out say, "Here's $25,000 to cover expenses and something extra for yourself, pretend to be my fiancee."  Some of that risk is removed when the American partner has to prove that they can support someone.

I wondered the same thing about Chantel. She seriously talks like her jaws are wired shut.

But Nicole by far is the worst human being on that stage. She's still pissed off at Mom for not bringing Azan over. May is nothing more than a bartering chip to her with all of her threats to bring her over there. Azan would be mortified although May might be the more mature of the two it would still be like having Nicole in stereo. They would both be whining and crying at once. 

Azan's timing was too perfect. I think he was indeed mad at his would be mother in law.

10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Jorge is the one paying for 100% of the car and the apartment though. Why should he sleep outside?

Just if he's sloppily stoned and bumping into things. 

Don't want him to accidentally pass out on top of her. She could suffocate.

On 11/21/2016 at 3:00 PM, Kangatush said:

He isn't expecting her to pay for everything.  In order to get the visa, the American needs to show that they can support the person coming in, not that they will be fully supporting that person.  She doesn't make enough.  Doesn't matter if he makes bank in Morocco.

Do we even think he has a job?  he seemed  to take 5 weeks off from whatever... when his beloved was there.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:29 PM, rose711 said:

I think he's embarrassed by her appearance and behavior .

Exactly. He is stuck in this for awhile. He is trying to make it easier on himself. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Christina said:

She would have made sure there was a real pre-nuptial agreement weeks before because she knows Chantel is too immature to be married or make those types of decisions.

I am quite sure there was real pre-nup.   What we saw on the show was done just for the show because the attorney who did the real one probably didn't want to appear on tv.   Plus it's more dramatic if Mama Chantel demands to see it before the wedding can happen.   Just like with all the drama of wondering if Patrick would speak then or forever hold his peace (which you know damn well he is still giving his opinion and not holding his peace).

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Christina said:

They could have guessed it before she ever told them so they weren't that surprised when she did, but I think Mom would have been much more involved then she was if she knew earlier

With this show, anyone who appears on camera signs a contract. Which shows the name of the show and the production company who is filming. They knew.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, lovesnark said:

I'm not the original poster but I think Brooklynista was referring to Chantel overdoing the self tanner and being a nice shade of orange. Girl has lovely skin and doesn't need to slather on tan in a can!

Why do you assume she uses self tanner? Black people rarely use those types of products. She might be wearing a make up shade that's a little off. Or that just might be how her actual skin color looks under those lights.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, bichonblitz said:

Chantal- Yes, the talking through clenched teeth, not moving her upper lip at all is so freaking distracting! It looks like her mouth is wired shut. Why does she do that???? There is just something so weird about her, the brother and the parents. The only time she ever looked happy was when she was drunk at the bar rubbing herself up against strangers. Girl never smiles, never laughs, just blahhhh.

I have a good friend who had a lot of dental work done a few years ago to correct some ugly dental issues from childhood.  She got a lot of crowns and veneers, and for a good bit after, she talked kind-of like that.  She said her mouth felt really different, and it took her some time to get used to it.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Granny58 said:

He could very well be saying, passionately and in French, "you are fat and I hate you." 

When I was in high school, I had a crush on a guy that I thought liked me back.  I later found out he didn't, but just enjoyed messing with me.  He signed my yearbook in German - at the time, I thought it was cute.  I asked a guy I was casually dating (and looking to get away from because he played a lot of games with me as well - I was his girlfriend at times, and just good friend other times - it got old) to translate it for me.  He refused after reading it, saying that I really didn't want to know what it said.  I always assumed that it said something cute or romantic, and he was just jealous, and I never looked into it further.  Years later, when I got an internet-capable computer and got online, I discovered Babel Fish, recalled that he wrote in my yearbook in German, and typed in what he wrote.  Yikes.  What a jackass.  And to clarify, he was American - just somewhat fluent in German.   Needless to say, I immediately thought of that when Nicole was talking about his romantic French speaking.  She doesn't speak French. She has no idea what he's saying.  Someone should send her the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine takes George's dad to the nail salon because he speaks Korean.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Years later, when I got an internet-capable computer and got online, I discovered Babel Fish, recalled that he wrote in my yearbook in German, and typed in what he wrote.  Yikes.  What a jackass.  

I feel unfulfilled that I don't know what he said.

I am totally prepared to scourge him for being a jackass and a douche canoe, but I need to know!

:)

Also, good point about the dental work and the teeth clenching. With Chantel, it could be a habit, but it could also be the result of an unfortunate incident.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I feel unfulfilled that I don't know what he said.

I am totally prepared to scourge him for being a jackass and a douche canoe, but I need to know!

:)

Also, good point about the dental work and the teeth clenching. With Chantel, it could be a habit, but it could also be the result of an unfortunate incident.

I don't recall all of it - I've tried to put it out of my mind, but I remember that he called me a dog (meaning I was ugly).  For "giggles", I'll have to check it out tonight again.  I'm past the point where I think it will bother me terribly.  He moved far away after graduation and I believe my chances of ever seeing him again are slim to none.  I felt slightly bad for thinking my on-again/off-again was just being jealous.  He really didn't want to tell me what it said because it was not nice.  I've made my peace with him in the ensuing years.  We're not buddies, but I have much less hatred for him.

• Love 1

I'm sorry @funky-rat , I didn't mean to dredge up bad feelings for you! The way you wrote it just built such anticipation...

I totally get the point you were making. Once when I was in a mexican border town with some friends in college, a street vendor leaned over and whispered something in my ear in Spanish. I told my friend and he burst out laughing. "OH! He wants to (this sexual thing to you)!" It's been ages but I still wonder if that's what the vendor said or if it was something worse and my friend was trying to protect my feelings.

However, I thought (and said) the same thing about Nicole when she said "he's passionate when he speaks to me in French."

"You don't understand what he's saying!" I feel bad for and exasperated with her mom.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I'm sorry @funky-rat , I didn't mean to dredge up bad feelings for you! The way you wrote it just built such anticipation...

I totally get the point you were making. Once when I was in a mexican border town with some friends in college, a street vendor leaned over and whispered something in my ear in Spanish. I told my friend and he burst out laughing. "OH! He wants to (this sexual thing to you)!" It's been ages but I still wonder if that's what the vendor said or if it was something worse and my friend was trying to protect my feelings.

However, I thought (and said) the same thing about Nicole when she said "he's passionate when he speaks to me in French."

"You don't understand what he's saying!" I feel bad for and exasperated with her mom.

No need to apologize.  I was tormented in school by a number of people, and some days it dredges back up again, but most days I'm good.  I have some pity for Nicole because I think she was treated the same way, and she clings on to anyone who shows her any shred of affection, and she lives in la-la land, sticking her fingers in her ears any time someone tries to pop her bubble.  I also wonder if she has something like PCOS, and just got fortunate enough to get pregnant before it really took hold.  I'm not thin - not by a long shot - and was always chubby, but my weight ballooned like someone flipped a switch when I was about 18 1/2 and I was ultimately diagnosed with PCOS.  But also, I do have food issues, brought on by my also-chubby mother who was constantly yo-yo dieting, gaining and losing 100 pounds several times, and she would try the next fad, and force us on it with her.  When I got a car, and the ability to be away from her, I got good at buying junk and whatnot, and hiding it.  The PCOS didn't help with that.  I knew something was wrong when I was eating 1600 calories a day, and walking 2.5 miles a day, and still gaining weight.  Her mother may have played games with her with food, thinking it would help her, but I can see Nicole's controlling side, and it could be a similar situation.  Just guessing - I have no concrete proof, but see some of me in her - the "You can't tell me what to do" part.  I still get indignant when my mother asks if I've gained any weight, and invites us out to dinner with her, only to look disapprovingly at the choices I've made (and often, they're better than what she's eating).  When I first got out on my own, I was looking for a hot guy - someone who looked like they stepped out of a magazine.  I was going to show everyone who made fun of me that I could get a good guy.  In the end, I took the one who I would have never originally thought to give a second look to because he treats me right.  I grew up, and she needs to as well - especially since she has a child in the mix.  That wasn't to be for us.

• Love 13

I've read two contracts that were leaked, one from Pie Town, the production company for many of the home and garden shows like House Hunters, and one from one of those fake Amish shows. Neither one named the actual show, just the production company. With the fake Amish show, the business that signed the contract allowing filming on their premises thought they were going to be on something else, but it was ultimately used in the Amish show.

I don't know why Sharp Entertainment would limit their contracts by specifically naming 90 Day Fiance, but it's possible. Family Chantel were not very good actors, and I would not be surprised if they did know the name of the show, but I think it is just as likely that they didn't and Chantel is able to pay for it on her own because she is currently living on an inheritance. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina said:

I've read two contracts that were leaked, one from Pie Town, the production company for many of the home and garden shows like House Hunters, and one from one of those fake Amish shows. Neither one named the actual show, just the production company. With the fake Amish show, the business that signed the contract allowing filming on their premises thought they were going to be on something else, but it was ultimately used in the Amish show.

I don't know why Sharp Entertainment would limit their contracts by specifically naming 90 Day Fiance, but it's possible. Family Chantel were not very good actors, and I would not be surprised if they did know the name of the show, but I think it is just as likely that they didn't and Chantel is able to pay for it on her own because she is currently living on an inheritance. 

Very interesting. And I love your Family Chantel. Whenever he speaks, I am in awe of how poorly he speaks English. I mean little by little most people would improve with small baby steps like even recognizing that we say Chantel's family or Chantel's brother as opposed to well you know.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:34 PM, Real Eyes said:

There weren't too many Polish Cossacks.

I think you are assuming any ending of "ky" , "vosky", "yevsky" is Polish.  That is inaccurate.  It is a common surname among Poles, Ukrainians, and Russians.

And Czech's.  My maiden name ended in "sky". Both sets of grandparents came from Prague.

• Love 1

I wandered off to see if I could find the contracts again, and fell into a rabbit hole of complaints about Hot Snakes Media, the production company responsible for the Amish shows, and decided to go ahead and drop this link to a contract between Hot Snakes and the City of Memphis while I continue to read the articles. It's a .pdf and doesn't really add anything to this conversation, other than showing that the contract and permit were in the name of Hot Snakes and not a TV show. If I find the actual contract between the company and participants, I'll post it. 

This show is produced by Sharp Entertainment, not Hot Snakes or Pie Town. I don't see a leaked contract for Sharp, yet. It is bound to happen eventually.

Edited by Christina
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Whenever he speaks, I am in awe of how poorly he speaks English. I mean little by little most people would improve with small baby steps like even recognizing that we say Chantel's family or Chantel's brother as opposed to well you know.

I find his voice to be very annoying.   Especially when he's complaining, "Nobody trust Pedro!"

Well, no, because you appear to be a lazy fellow who can't be bothered to call your girlfriend when you miss your flight, let alone learn the language of the country you're trying to get into.   You lied to Father Chantel and then blamed your girlfriend for your willful dishonesty.   Nor did it help your case when you disclosed that your friends back home are trying to marry American women to get green cards.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Just guessing - I have no concrete proof, but see some of me in her

I don't have PCOS or any of that, but I see some of me in her too because I always measured my value in attention from boys (or lack thereof).  This is why I am really leaning toward lack of affirmation early on and don't snark to harshly on her.  I don't necessarily pity her though because I never gave people around me such attitude OR ran off with "boys."  I guess I just grew up in a different era when that wasn't done though.  Thankfully, I AM grown up and don't have the same issues.  I hope she makes it there. 

• Love 6

I have spent this season watching Chantel and trying to figure out her odd way of speaking, her upper lip never moves...then it hit me, she could be Mira Sorvino in Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion, she has the same speech pattern.

Jorge said in the reunion that he was all set to buy a ring, blah, blah, blah but did not (we saw him buy a stone with cash) what happened to that deal? Anfisa said she "no gonna marry Jorge if he no gonna buy me a ring," but she married him anyway, looks like Jorge called her bluff!  Anfisa also said that she wants a big wedding sometime down the road essentially a fairy tale wedding, who would they invite, Jorges' business associates? All his friends? His bitch sister? (lol). Jorge will probably be on the hook for paying the airfare for Anfisa's family and friends.  BTW, it is really hard to look at the two of them kiss, she does a really strange pucker.  

Nicole realizing it could be 2 years till she earns enough for Azan to go thru the visa process could work to her mother's benefit, that guy is not going to stick around for 2 years, he will move on to another online relationship that will be a more financially viable.  They had nothing to really talk about when they skyped, she treats their relationship (term used loosely when applied to them) like it is a possession.  And while she is committed to earning the money she never once asked her selfless soul mate to help earn some of that money too.  What does he do with his time in Morocco anyway? Does he have a job?  So glad Robalee is digging in her heals about donating to the Green Card Fund.

Alla looked lovely at her wedding, she seems like a very nice person, Matt better step it up for her and her son.  Best moment at the wedding...her sister singing, wow.

I am going to miss this mess.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I find his voice to be very annoying.   Especially when he's complaining, "Nobody trust Pedro!"

Well, no, because you appear to be a lazy fellow who can't be bothered to call your girlfriend when you miss your flight, let alone learn the language of the country you're trying to get into.   You lied to Father Chantel and then blamed your girlfriend for your willful dishonesty.   Nor did it help your case when you disclosed that your friends back home are trying to marry American women to get green cards.

this gives me the giggles that you said he lied to father chantal. LOL

• Love 2
On 11/22/2016 at 4:51 AM, DangerousMinds said:

And maybe reminded that marrying solely for the chance to move to the US and get a green card (instead of applying for valid, legal reasons and waiting your turn) is ILLEGAL and breaks US immigration law.

Yep. But I think since it is so hard to prove GC marriage fraud (I mean, look at Mohammed and Danielle.....) they conveniently forget that. 

Anfisa & Jorge

Anfisa is a disgrace. Even by Russian standards she's a horrible human being. She's what we call a TP (stands for Unintelligent Hoohah in Russian and I'm putting it very mildly here). Blown up sense of self-opinion, lips & boobs. I feel ashamed she's representing my country and I'm worried that a lot of people will think that we all are like that, obsessed with money & Chanel bags. Jorge's fault was to flaunt all those Benjamins and to instill that idea that he's some sort of an aspiring Rockfeller. Anfisa, being not the brightest of them all, jumped to the wrong conclusion and created a fairytale in her mind where they're living in Calabasas next to Kim Kardashian and shopping on Rodeo Drive every Saturday afternoon. Alla's feeble attempt to support her didn't convince me at all. Anfisa is disturbingly damaged and needs to seek therapy. She's delusional and that can cost a lot. Such girls run a very high risk of being abused.

Alla & Matt

Alla is indeed very cold. But at least she's being honest about wanting to live in the US but not paying a heavy price like Anfisa who is openly seliing her body, so she was pretty selective about her potential husband. She doesn't love him, but she finds him good enough. I'm pretty sure her sister will join in very soon. She has a lot of skeletons and works hard to maintain her good image, but she's good at surpressing her anger and calculates well. For example, when Matt's pushy mom basically overran her idea about destination wedding, she wasn't pleased at all, but she followed through because she knew better. Also, when she said she doesn't know anybody who married for a green card, I chuckled. The woman dreamt about going to the US since she was a teenager. I'm pretty sure she was an active use of online dating platforms and going on dates and hearing stories and meeting other women with the same intentions. And Ukraine is generally a hot spot for foreign men seeking a bride.

Nicole & Azan

It's like looking at a younger Danielle. Delusional, naive, clingy & stubborn (but in a bad way). I was perplexed that she was talking to a guy for several months and was actually packing her bags to see him and never bothered to read anything about the country, religion or customs. I dated a Middle Eastern man, and it's not exactly a mentality that you can apply western norms to. It just doesn't work. It's like oil & water. Zamzam is shady. I'm pretty sure he worked in the tourism industry and that's where he learnt his English. And he seems to be one of those open minded Muslims that don't pray or strictly follow anything but do use their background for their advantage when necessary. For example when a horny bizone is trying to attack their every limb in public. He seems to be revolted by the mere sight of Nicole. But she gives him free access to her bountiful oasis and she's madly in love. so while she's gonna work those 10 jobs to apply for K1 visa, he can repeat the I love You mantra on Skype and safely explore other options in case something better pops up. The funny thing is that I don't fully give up on Nicole. I'm actually excited to see her come back the next season all skinny & gorgeous and landing herself a better suitor and totally outplaying Zamzam.

• Love 4

Alla has a lot of skeletons?  Really?  I must have missed that part.  What are they? 

I don't think she is really all that cold either, just not yet comfortable in her new life and not the type who wants to share her emotions with the world.  I think she intends to be a good companion and supporter of her husband and expects her feelings towards him to grow.

• Love 7
On 12/8/2016 at 11:37 PM, MaltWhiskers said:

Nicole & Azan

It's like looking at a younger Danielle. Delusional, naive, clingy & stubborn (but in a bad way). I was perplexed that she was talking to a guy for several months and was actually packing her bags to see him and never bothered to read anything about the country, religion or customs. I dated a Middle Eastern man, and it's not exactly a mentality that you can apply western norms to. It just doesn't work. It's like oil & water. Zamzam is shady. I'm pretty sure he worked in the tourism industry and that's where he learnt his English. And he seems to be one of those open minded Muslims that don't pray or strictly follow anything but do use their background for their advantage when necessary. For example when a horny bizone is trying to attack their every limb in public. He seems to be revolted by the mere sight of Nicole. But she gives him free access to her bountiful oasis and she's madly in love. so while she's gonna work those 10 jobs to apply for K1 visa, he can repeat the I love You mantra on Skype and safely explore other options in case something better pops up. The funny thing is that I don't fully give up on Nicole. I'm actually excited to see her come back the next season all skinny & gorgeous and landing herself a better suitor and totally outplaying Zamzam.

You'll be waiting a long time.  I don't see Nicole wanting to change her eating and/or exercise habits in the near future.  She may give lip service on twitter but girlfriend won't give up her processed fast food.

• Love 2

Nicole has abused her taste buds.  She needs to be in some kind of sugar rehab where she doesn't get any starches or sweets and has to eat vegetables, legumes, meat, nuts, and drink lots of water.  Her passionate when he speaks French boyfriend is right.  She's unhealthy and is going to have real problems in 10 or 20 years.  But Nicole is not a think long term kind of girl.

• Love 4

I can't imagine going from living in London to Kentucky. You must have a very satisfying hoimelife to go without the culture , food, diversity, etc. It sound like your husband chose to live there which is a biug different from these films being dropped into smalltown USA. They may have gathered mist of their Intel on living here from TMZ or the housewives franchise and be expecting a limo to Nobu!

Nicole certainly had skewed expectations when she landed in Morocco. She was waiting foir her flying carpet!

• Love 1

I live in a small, but vibrant city in far Western Kentucky.  We actually have culture and art and all that good stuff.  You can drive 15 minutes and be in a bucolic countryside.  Personally, after spending some time in London, I can't imagine wanting to ever live in London, with their pollution, traffic and slums.  We have none of that here.

• Love 5
On 1/12/2017 at 6:03 PM, Trace said:

I live in a small, but vibrant city in far Western Kentucky.  We actually have culture and art and all that good stuff.  You can drive 15 minutes and be in a bucolic countryside.  Personally, after spending some time in London, I can't imagine wanting to ever live in London, with their pollution, traffic and slums.  We have none of that here.

Honest question: how diverse is your small town? I live now in an upstate small college town that is fairly diverse but I spent time growing up in a small town between Dayton and Cincinnati where everyone was the same. I'm just curious as to the diversity because I think it may the more diversity may be  accepting to immigrants or at least easier to fit in.

Having lived in two very different small towns and currently visiting friends in a white bread, generic suburban small town in Connecticut, I'm wondering if it is more afactor of diversity than size? 

I guess I'm saying that factors other than size and population density might matter more in determine if an immigrant spouse will feel "at home" in the US.

Heck it could just be a question of transit and being to get around without a car if you don't drive or don't have access to a car.

• Love 3
On 10/3/2016 at 10:48 AM, stillhere1900 said:

What doesn't she understand about his religion not allowing PDA in public ? She just kept trying to get him to feel her up in public. She said something about him not showing her off. really ? She's morbidly obese but she thinks that he wants to show her off. really ?!

I'm watching season 4 for the first time and there is absolutely NOTHING likeable about that fucking idiot.  She has the mentality of a 4 year old.  In fact, I prefer Anfisa over her.  

Her complete unlikeability makes me feel sorry for Anza.  I'm sure he had hoped that he could hide behind his Muslim faith (like Mohammed) so he wouldn't have to touch her and didn't think it would take a sledgehammer to keep her off of him.  Not that he isn't true to his faith, but I really think both wanted to get married, not have to touch them at all, and be done with them.  

Neither Danielle nor this idiot evoke any sympathy from me.  They both wanted the hot guy who they could control by dangling the America carrot over their head.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2016 at 11:51 PM, liammaam said:

Also... is it just me, or does Nicole seem proud that she cheated?  I mean, when she first talked about it, she had a cat that caught the mouse kinda gleam in her squinty eyes...

I doubt she even did.  I think she's stupid enough to think if Anza thinks she's desirable to other men, he'll fall for her even more.  There's no reason to confess to anyone in a long-distance relationship when you've never even met your beloved!  

• Love 2
On 9/26/2016 at 8:55 PM, Neurochick said:

I totally disagree with this, here's why.  I find it refreshing to see a black family (yes, I know the father is light skinned, so whatever), and a black father protect his daughter.  I think about Malcolm X's comment that black women are the most unprotected groups in America.  I think Chantel's family should tell her that twerking up against strange men isn't cool.

Sorry for the year later response!  Just now watching it.

I don't see why people think her family is condescending.  She LIED about why he is here.  He can hardly speak English but he's on a student visa.  His family sees through that and probably assumes *HE's* the one lying to them and their precious Chantal.  So of course they are going to be protective and condescending to someone who is already conning them!  She set Pedro up for failure when she decided to go on this ruse.

On 10/17/2016 at 9:37 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

He called her "lazy" and said some other things, otherwise, I would agree he was just voicing concern. I have to keep remembering that English is his 3rd language, so he may come off as brusque. 

Who in their right mind would put someone in as poor shape as Nicole through the heatstroke inducing rigors of the Sahara Desert? Bare arms and bare feet in the desert?  Tight jeans, chafing, and chub rub? Ouch!  This is where the Moroccan native dress a la tunic and loose pants that covers and breathes would have come in handy. Dress for the environment .

He's exactly right -- she's lazy.  There's nothing about her that says, "I'm a motivated person."  The only thing she seems motivated to do is eat (well, shitty fast food) and fuck.  Her parents have clearly coddled her all her life and enabled her to be lazy.  She doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in bettering herself -- whether it is being a good guest, enjoying culture, being a good mom.  

• Love 1
On 10/23/2016 at 8:58 PM, sleepyjean said:

I can't help but wonder if Matt's mom was this welcoming with the three prior brides.

Why does she get to decide that a beach wedding can't happen?

It was an interesting moment when Nicole said she'd NEVER convert to Islam and Azan said he'd NEVER convert to Christianity. I don't suppose it has ever occurred to either of them to discuss how they plan to raise their children. (Assuming May won't be an only child.)

"Nobody's trusting Pedro because of YOU." Yessssss Pedro. Preach! Now go home.

I wonder the same thing.

Matt's a fairly young guy -- with 3 marriages under his belt moving onto a 4th.  Instead of encouraging him to get married, why the fuck aren't they all putting Matt into counseling and telling him he can live a completely happy life -- getting to know a woman first before marrying them.  Has he never even been by himself?  Is he used to mommy running interference constantly that he needs a mom to run his household?  There's something very, very, wrong with him.  I could see why Alla would meet him and actually fall for him.  He's not a bad looking guy.  He doesn't come across like a bad person, except for the jealousy over clubbing.  Seems to be successful.  Anfisa probably would've loved him.  Until the money ran out.  But what the fuck is it when a fairly good looking guy is married 3 times already and he's what 40ish?  Patrick and his brothers are dicks, but someone should be with this guy.

On Alla, I do believe she geniunely loves Matt.  But she's lonely for her sister and friends and is homesick.  

On 10/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, evilmindatwork said:

Depends on the mosque. Sometimes wherever (no segregation), sometimes in the back, and sometimes in a different room altogether. 

I think Anza is hoping to segregate him from her as much as possible and will use whatever in the name of Islam to do it.

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

There's something very, very, wrong with him.

I remember there was a scene where they were talking about some entertainment that Alla wanted, and he suddenly looked at her and with a passive aggressive smile said through clenched teeth: "Of course you don't care about the price, it will be MY credit card paying for it" or sonething like that. That seemed wrong.

Or that time he reminded her that she met her ex in a night club. My husband called him a passive aggresive prick.

Edited by Ivanova
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2016 at 2:33 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

Kind of funny to think of Azan hanging up on the TV show ~ anything to be rid of Nicole!

Also funny to see him cracking up at the sight of her big fits! Like he is so relieved to know she is halfway across the world. 

I'm wondering if Azan will be getting offers from other women? Women who make more money and don't throw big fits? He's gonna wind up doing the K1 with someone else thanks to the show.

Anfisa is damaged, but not all bad. In fact I think she can be quite sweet and wants to be. Unfortunately Jorge doesn't know how to do anything but throw money at her. 

Azan is a good looking guy.  There has to be a woman more attractive with the means.