Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Or he's binge watched My 600 Pound Life  and doesn't want Nicole bringing him over to assist her with deep fried pee pad wontons.

It's not like I haven't learned the hard way to not eat or drink while reading PTV, yet here I am choking. 

1 hour ago, rose711 said:

I think he's embarrassed by her appearance and behavior .

I'm embarrassed by her behavior. Back when I read her Twitter, she admitted she wasn't respectful of his culture and said she regretted it. She largely blew off all other criticisms, so hopefully it is true. She also said something about squandering the time she could have been spending soaking up the culture, but of course, not in those words.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

You actually have a good point here.   She could petition for the annulment and still apply for citizenship.   Not her fault that the guy she married turned out to be a fraud (instead of her).   Lying about a material fact -- like ability to support a spouse -- is fraud for annulment purposes.   But she would have to prove she would not have married if she had known.   Which is harder to prove than you think.  She can't go "yeah, I was only looking to marry an rich American."  Because well, courts are not amused by that.

There's too much footage of Amfisa saying she only wants his money. Scripted or not, that's not in her favor. None of her behavior on film has done anything beneficial.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Yes, as REal Eyes mentioned, Ukrainians and Russians do share a common Soviet identity, even though Alla is an ethnic Ukrainian and Anfisa is Russian - but before 1991 (?) it was all one big country and Ukrainians and Russians often have similar last names and the same first names and Ukrainians can usually speak Russian. 

Anfisa is not ethnically Russian.  She has a Ukrainian surname, but if I had to guess, I would guess she is Tatar.  A lot of Crimean Tatars adopted Ukrainian surnames in order to return to that region.  

Russian and Ukrainian surnames are similar because of history - a lot of Ukrainians were exiled to Siberia (Tchaikovsky, for example, was the great great grandson of a Cossack exiled to Siberia, and that surname is Ukrainian), and a lot of Russians moved to Ukraine over the course of the centuries.

Ukrainians who grew up in cities speak Russian, those in villages generally didn't.  When they moved to cities, they would learn surzhik, which is a sort of half Russian, half Ukrainian.  But most of them never spoke Russian fluently.

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 6

Alla can apply for citizenship after 3 years of getting her green card assuming she stays married. Then she can start the process for a sibling to immigrate. I don't think that will take 15 years. 

It does: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-october-2016.html

The F4 (sibling visas) now being processed are the ones requested in Nov 2003, that's 13 years. Plus the time it takes for Alla to get citizenship (which will be 4-5 years of processing).

• Love 1

Tchaikovsky, for example, was the great great grandson of a Cossack exiled to Siberia, and that surname is Ukrainian

It's not Ukrainian, it's Polish.

Jorge, and I do not pronounce that as George, is a liar and a dumb ass in a dangerous field.

I think his family is Brazilian, and in that case his name is pronounced "George". That's just my guess.

5 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

The format for this whole thing was whack.  They should have cut it down to one hour, spent a few minutes with each couple individually and then pulled them together at the end for some topics that would concern the whole group.  I don't need to know what every other couple thinks about Jorge and Anfisa!

Does Chantel have lockjaw?  Seriously, it's almost painful to watch her talk. 

I suspect the rule about the US citizen sponsoring and having to prove they can financially support their fiancee is to make it harder for foreigners to "buy" citizenship. Let's say someone is very wealthy in their country but wants to become a US citizen.  They could simply find some willing guy or gal on the internet (say, Nicole) and either pretend to woo them, throw a lot of cash their way and have them initiate the K-1 process, or just flat out say, "Here's $25,000 to cover expenses and something extra for yourself, pretend to be my fiancee."  Some of that risk is removed when the American partner has to prove that they can support someone.

OMG Im so happy someone else noticed how Chantal talks...I just cant stand it! such a beautiful girl but terrible habit, and I think she does it on purpose to show her pretty teeth. lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ivanova said:

It's not Ukrainian, it's Polish.

There weren't too many Polish Cossacks.

I think you are assuming any ending of "ky" , "vosky", "yevsky" is Polish.  That is inaccurate.  It is a common surname among Poles, Ukrainians, and Russians.

I think Jorge is a wuss.  In private with her, he bends to whatever she wants.  

In public/on tv, he is brave enough to speak his mind. 

I was in a bad relationship once where I was Jorge.  It's just how you cope.  

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Patrick's haircut is just so odd. It's like 2nd grade bully, hipster douchebag, third reich, Sam Donaldson all rolled into one. Who or what did that to him? Mery Ann? A flowbee?

It's Jim Carey style.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG Im so happy someone else noticed how Chantal talks...I just cant stand it! such a beautiful girl but terrible habit, and I think she does it on purpose to show her pretty teeth. lol.

Ha! That's exactly what I thought. That girl paid for some serious whitening and wants everyone to see those pearly whites! It is so annoying and I would thing she'd have headaches all the time with all that clenching! 

I think Azan is very reserved, but I also don't think he loves Nicole. I keep wondering what in the world they could have in common. 

Alla and Matt seem like the only two that have a chance. That story about her finally telling him she loved him was incredibly sweet. Chantal still seems so immature. Anfisa and Jorge -- I think if they don't fight they can't communicate. It's craziness. Nicole...she needs to raise her daughter and stop thinking about her "fiancé" who I think would ditch her in a heartbeat for a more attractive green card prospect. 

• Love 8

I am surprised that Patrick doesn't always have a black eye because I can't imagine he doesn't make people want to punch him on a daily basis. Julie (?) run far and fast. it would amuse me if her friendship with Alla got her to dump Patrick,

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am surprised that Patrick doesn't always have a black eye because I can't imagine he doesn't make people want to punch him on a daily basis. Julie (?) run far and fast. it would amuse me if her friendship with Alla got her to dump Patrick,

I thought the same thing..makes me wonder how Patrick treats Julie...if I were his GF, I would have tired of his ass a long time ago.

.Alla seems to have a real generosity of  spirit and is far and away the most content and mature of everyone there. Matt reminds me of a hapless movie character, just a nice, inoffensive, gentle, harmless schmoe. Alla commented at the tell all that people for the most part had nothing unkind to say about her, but she found most comments made about her husband were hurtful.  He was for the most part portrayed as a needy, clingy, hard luck momma's boy.  That may or may not be an accurate portrayal of who he really is. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I would watch a spinoff of Julie and Iryna, visiting their new married friends and getting into hijinks.  All three women are smart, sweet and level-headed.

Working title: "Alla In The Family"

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

It's Jim Carey style.  

If the genders were reversed, I think more people would be appalled at the abuse. I feel sorry for him.

• Love 10

Hor-hay in Spanish from Mexico.

His sisters sure look Brazilian to me... Plus, I work with a Portugese guy who is a Jorge pronounced "George".

There weren't too many Polish Cossacks.

I think you are assuming any ending of "ky" , "vosky", "yevsky" is Polish.  That is inaccurate.  It is a common surname among Poles, Ukrainians, and Russians.

Google it, all the sources say that this ending is of Polish origins. It's absolutely not common among Russians. In Ukraine, it's attributed to the Polish nobility (the "pans" or "Shlyakhtich", i.e. high nobility who used to rule Ukraine). None of Tchaikovsky's relatives were exiled; he was a descendant of nobility who earned their position through military service.

• Love 1

Why didn't the SUV Jorge and Anfisa drove to the courthouse have IDIOT scratched into the driver's side? Did he rent one for PVC pipe transport/nuptials? Did he find a body shop that offered 24 hour turnaround time? Burning questions............

It's like, jeez, Jorge, you're getting married today! Can't you drop off the stupid pipe first?

Guy's got NO game. Like, ZERO.

• Love 4
  11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

It's Jim Carey style.  

If the genders were reversed, I think more people would be appalled at the abuse. I feel sorry for him.

I still remember that second lumbering bear hug he went in for after she made it clear that she didn't want to be touched. It was very disturbing and I was glad the camera crew was there.

I think the lack of respect runs BOTH ways in this relationship.

The bottom line is he is three times her size and not afraid to violate her boundaries either.

I worry about her as well on this one ~ especially if she pushes him too far.

• Love 7
  On 11/21/2016 at 9:23 AM, JudyinDallas said:

Did any notice that Anfisa's dress looked a lot like the one that Melania Trump wore on election night, a white one shouldered dress?  It sure seemed similar.  I am sure that she would be pleased to see that (anfisa not necessarily Melania).  

I loved her dress, it was classy, sexy, simple, and the fabric had nice movement to it.

She looks so much better in something not so low cut, where we can pay attention to the expression on her face, her pretty hair, etc.

18 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

There's too much footage of Amfisa saying she only wants his money. Scripted or not, that's not in her favor. None of her behavior on film has done anything beneficial.

I'm just saying she has a case for fraud and he doesn't. If she didn't know about his assets being frozen and the extent of his financial and legal mess until after they married, it benefits her.

Its not illegal or fraudulent to marry primarily for money. She's been very honest. He's been a liar the entire relationship.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I wondered about him but I really think he was just playing a role, although he played the jerk very well indeed...

• Love 1

I haven't even finished watching the 'tell all' that basically told nothing, but I can give these people some credit for not fully participating in the 'jump on Jorge & Anfisa' show TLC tried to make it into. And there was a ton to jump on with those two - the 'two peas in a seriously dysfunctional pod' couple.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Why was Nicole face timing with Azan while in a church?  The conversation was bad enough, I felt like I was watching a 4 yr old.  But the location had me perplexed...I kept noticing the Sanctuary sign in the background and other posters and such that indicated it was a church.  How strange.

My guess is that it's a Mega-Church - they have all kinds of stuff in them, like cafe's, etc.  It could be that she spends time there, and it's also not out of the realm of possibility that Mae is in a daycare there.  Many of our daycares where we live are in churches.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:55 PM, Maggienolia said:

I've always wondered about Chantel's parents. These are people she lies to because she is afraid of what they'll think of her being engaged to Pedro who she's gone to the DR to visit on apparently numerous occasions. BUT they have no problem with her living in a one bedroom apartment together. ????

And why was the bed in the living room??? 

It's a studio apartment.  Most stuff tends to be in one room, with knee-walls or a breakfast bar defining separate areas.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, DangerousMinds said:

They never brought it back. I don't even think there are "set" wedding vows anymore.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I have never heard that line in a wedding ceremony I attended, not ever. And they doubled down on the so-called drama by inserting a huge pregnant pause and camera pan, like they were really expecting someone to stand up and say "I object"

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

No one has, its ridiculous on its face. I'm sure among all of us here hundreds of weddings have been attended, and even the most old fashioned, traditional service hasn't included any such language. (And its not "does anyone object" it's "does anyone know of any impediment which would prevent these two from being lawfully joined" or somesuch--any legal reason, like an already existing wife. Think Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre.) Not "are there any friends here who are butt hurt because no one is paying enough attention to them".  And right at the beginning of the service? Before the minister says "dearly beloved blah blah blah"? Jesus, show. At least make an effort.

And really, if the officiant spoke those words at the ceremony I'll eat my hat. I have no doubt that it was dropped in later in editing.

It was in our wedding - we got married in 1994.  I asked the minister to not say it because the late evil mother of Mr. Funky was off her meds, and I was convinced she'd say something.  He forgot and said it anyway.  And it's been said at more weddings I've been to than not , from mainstream denominations to Fundie weddings.  And the strange dude that married my cousins 3 years ago (nice, but looked like he escaped from ZZ Top, 20 years in the future).  In ours, and most that I attend, the phrase is "If anyone here can show just cause as to why this man and woman should not be married/united (I've heard it both ways), let them speak now, or forever hold their peace".  My wedding is on VHS, and is a day I'd rather forget (thanks to aforementioned late evil MIL), but trust me - it's there.  My heart sank when the minister read it.  Maybe it's a regional thing?  I've not been to a wedding that hasn't taken place in this state, or one or two around it - all in the Northeast US.  The only thing I've noticed that has gotten dropped from the vows over the years is the word "Obey", except for one Fundie wedding I went to.  They had the bride recite that she was to be behind her husband, and some other weird stuff, and they lasted about a year, max.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Ha! That's exactly what I thought. That girl paid for some serious whitening and wants everyone to see those pearly whites! It is so annoying and I would thing she'd have headaches all the time with all that clenching! 

I think Azan is very reserved, but I also don't think he loves Nicole. I keep wondering what in the world they could have in common. 

Alla and Matt seem like the only two that have a chance. That story about her finally telling him she loved him was incredibly sweet. Chantal still seems so immature. Anfisa and Jorge -- I think if they don't fight they can't communicate. It's craziness. Nicole...she needs to raise her daughter and stop thinking about her "fiancé" who I think would ditch her in a heartbeat for a more attractive green card prospect. 

He did buy her a wedding ring, so I can't blame her for thinking he is indeed her fiance.

2 hours ago, rose711 said:

I'm just saying she has a case for fraud and he doesn't. If she didn't know about his assets being frozen and the extent of his financial and legal mess until after they married, it benefits her.

Its not illegal or fraudulent to marry primarily for money. She's been very honest. He's been a liar the entire relationship.

If Jorge starts calling the police when she assaults him or destroys his property, she will quickly have a criminal record and be slated for deportation.

15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He did buy her a wedding ring, so I can't blame her for thinking he is indeed her fiance.

If Jorge starts calling the police when she assaults him or destroys his property, she will quickly have a criminal record and be slated for deportation.

I don't think he has the sense to come in out of the rain, much less call police. Once the protection of the camera crew isn't there, he might, but he'd have to grow some big ones first.

• Love 4

Ok I just need to know - what dirt does Anfisa have on ALL of them for them to be taking her side and trying to defend her actions/emotions/words throughout the entire tell all.  They all seemed scared of her - to say the truth. 

Reality, in my opinion,  is that Anfisa probably does have some true feelings for Jorge. However, it's another reality that she did NOT get a bad edit. She acted horribly the entire time and that's what is shown. She needs to own it and stop with the cry face.  I was hoping THAT is what Alla would have told her in Russian - but instead it was more babying her and sugar coating.  And I was waiting on the edge of my seat for Anfisa to explain herself in Russian, and just let someone translate it. She didn't even do that. IF she has any type of thought in her head, she sure as heck isn't trying to communicate it what-so-ever. 

How hard is it for Jorge to explain to Anfisa - look if you love money so much, that means I actually HAVE to work in order to make it. When you play these games on the phone, etc - it prevents me from making the money and that means YOU won't have any to spend.  

Good luck to those two. I'm sure he can't afford it - just repairing the stuff she breaks regularly has got to cost a fortune. 

Nicole and Anzan - I think he's planning to do the fade out. He'll get busier and busier to the point where she ends it because he's never available to call/talk and that's exactly what he wants so that he doesn't have to be seen as the bad guy. 

Pedro is adorable - but he needs to be proactive and get some English lessons now. He needs to be independent of her translating everything, and I also think she feeds off him needing her in that way. 

I love Alla - wishing her well. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 8

Ok I just need to know - what dirt does Anfisa have on ALL of them for them to be taking her side and trying to defend her actions/emotions/words throughout the entire tell all.  They all seemed scared of her - to say the truth. 

I agree, lilsadone! Anfisa seems to have a lot of respect from the other castmates for unknown reasons. All I can conclude is that they all have decided to support one another after reading posts from their own virtual naysayers online. 

If Alla lived in South Carolina instead of Kentucky, I would totally like to be her friend and hang out. (It's ok, Matt. We won't go to a nightclub.) Seems like a cool chick.

I thought Nicole looked pretty last night. Big upgrade from the sac-like tiedye T-shirt with the '90s surfer dude necklace! 

• Love 2

This could have been a four two hour episode mini series and more interesting. It dragged way too much. 

Jorge, Anfisa just told you she is in this for your money and will leave you after she gets her green card. What is the matter with you?  She is a spoiled and disturbing bitch. Defacing his car was deplorable.  

Nicole, Azan does not love you and his suggestion to lose weight was not all about your health. He is not sexually attracted to your body. He is not a cad for feeling this way, most men do.  It is not wrong, it is fact. 

Matt and Alla are a success story at this point and very sweet.   At this point, is key.  Divorcing 4 times is note worthy. 

I agree GoGamecox, all those who stand to get a green card stand up for those in the same situation.  I cannot come up with anything else.  Alla saying she thinks Anfisa loves Jorge because she has seen her taking his hand to hold, was a depsperate attempt to do this. She had a difficult time getting that out! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I hated how it was obvious that none of them have seen the last two episodes of the season yet. I guess they recorded the reunion early. There was one part where Jorge was talking about driving Anfisa to the airport (old news), but everyone was acting like it was new information. And, strangely enough, Jorge was boldly lying about DroveHerToTheAirportGate. "I gave her $5000 and got her a first class ticket!" We all know now that that didn't happen. I felt like that moment was very revealing to the type of person Jorge is. He acts a certain way for the cameras and then acts a different way when the cameras aren't there. I think that's the real reason Anfisa was crying. Jorge is boldly talking about leaving her on the show and then crying about her leaving him when the cameras are conveniently not there to capture his patheticness. I'm not Team Anfisa or anything, but there's definitely more to the story.

• Love 7

So many spoilers were wrong. They made it seem like most wouldn't be getting married when in fact all the ones who actually entered into the US on a K1 did actually make it down the aisle. The only ones who didn't were those who were allegedly already in process (NarkLowo) or hadn't even applied yet (Azan and Nicole).   I had my doubts about Pedro and Chantal but I would have bet money against Jorge and Anfisa making it down the aisle. Watching those two exchanges vows was like watching two trains one filled with TNT and flint stones and the other filled with dried hay and hot garbage about to collide. 

Can't help but LOL! at Mr.  I want an imported woman because American women are too independent and not domestic enough ironing his own damn shirt before the wedding. Not to mention he has been the only one shown to be doing domestic chores around the apt in prior episodes while Anfisa either lounges around patting her pussy or doing her makeup.

Another LOL and WTF at Anfisa taking selfies in the car on the way to the ceremony. The simpering faces people make to take those pics and post always irk me. 

I want to know what gives A Touch of Elegance its touch of elegance. My suspicion is that they use fancy urinal cakes in the men's bathroom. 

Alla's sister is pretty and the moment between them was very sweet. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, cerealboxkilla said:

He acts a certain way for the cameras and then acts a different way when the cameras aren't there. I think that's the real reason Anfisa was crying. Jorge is boldly talking about leaving her on the show and then crying about her leaving him when the cameras are conveniently not there to capture his patheticness. I'm not Team Anfisa or anything, but there's definitely more to the story.

This. Jorge is damn confusing. He talked about getting an anullment at the top of the show and an hour later he was talking about giving Anfisa the 2nd wedding of her dreams. Which is it son!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

This. Jorge is damn confusing. He talked about getting an anullment at the top of the show and an hour later he was talking about giving Anfisa the 2nd wedding of her dreams. Which is it son!

He appears to fear her telling the host what goes on when the cameras aren't rolling. She was on the verge of doing that when she walked out, I think.   He is doing something she is afraid to mention. She doesn't want to say anything that will stop her green card.  Having no remorse for keying his car or smashing his phone says a lot. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I think Jorge is a liar, straight up. He's lied to Anfisa, he's lied to production, he's liked to his sisters, he's lied to the viewing audience. I think there's something wrong with the guy, in my own personal opinion.

Yeah.  Like he's stoned out of his gourd all the time.  I'd be crying too.

• Love 2

I think the host was ok....loved the silences. 

I think Anfisa is so young and not prepared for life.  All bravado but crumbling underneath it all, we saw that. She strikes me as SO young and unprepared for reality.  And how she talked about how the show presented her.  Well, yes, it did.  She played into it.  But deep down she is just a kid who left everyone and everything and she regrets it. 

Just my take. 

And I think Chantal has an underbite.  No clenching teeth, I think she is conscious of it.  But she did look way different in the tell all. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, rose711 said:

I completely agree with this assessment. As horrible as Anfisa has been, she has never misrepresented herself unless you count all the plastic surgery she's endured. That's more of a misrepresentation to the world though, not Jorge. He seems to like her look, but I wonder what she really looks like. She has stated that she's been in a relationship with Jorge for the money from the beginning and has said so repeatedly. Jorge can't make the case that she's here solely for a green card when her main focus has been money. Jorge, on the other hand, completely misrepresented himself. I feel like he did probably did lure her to America by agreeing to subsidize her lavish lifestyle and to take care of her, and ended up getting way in over his head. While he's probably wealthy for a single guy and probably thinks he's wealthy because he stupidly carries around large wads of cash and can blow 10 grand at a strip club, he's not the Rodeo Drive sugar daddy who is more settled and can provide the American dream that Anfisa envisions. He still has to work in his risky weed business, which may not be as lucrative now that California has legalized recreation marijuana and competition will be stiffer. Methinks that it was dumb luck fortune for Jorge to be able to turn his hobby into a career. He certainly wasn't up front with Anfisa about his felony. Did she even know what he did for a living prior to coming to America?

Do these people talk about anything before going overseas to see each other? It seems like most of their issues could be resolved before meeting each other with discussion. If Anfisa made it clear that she was interested in Jorge only for his money and Jorge had a problem with that, why would see come to the US in the first place? Anyway, in the off chance that Jorge did manage to get an annulment, Anfisa would just manipulate him into pulling it just like Mohamed did with Danielle. I really feel like both got what they deserved here. If Anfisa wanted to marry solely for money, she deserved to get a permastoned dopey Neanderthal with man boobs.  And he deserved an irate Russian with an affinity for breaking expensive gadgets for essentially buying someone solely based on looks. I would say Anfisa is getting a raw deal, but she's making his life a living hell, making this relationship a wash. They're now addicted to the drama. This is a match made in hell indeed.

I like Alla too. She married Matt for essentially the same reason that Anfisa married Jorge, but she's smart enough not to be so brazen about marrying Matt for financial security. I believe it when she said she loves him since she's an honest person. However, I'm not sold on this couple just because Matt's a three-time divorcee for a reason. He doesn't seem like a bad guy to me. He's just a glib Gomer who could be a completely different person off camera. I hope this works out for Matt's sake because Alla could be really good for him or any man really.

I thought Nicole seemed almost normal in the tell all. She looked better than ever and came off better than ever. Granted, the bar was low. She wasn't cross-eyed and drooling like I was expecting and she couldn't bury her face in Azan's armpits since he wasn't there. Speaking of, Azan made the show for me. The fact that he pulled the plug on the camera so he could laugh off the air was priceless. I've never seen him laugh so hard as he did watching Nicole's histrionics in the clips from the show. He was so serious when he was with her in Morrocco. With the safe distance between them, he finally felt the freedom to let out some good belly laughs at the absurdity of this situation. Unlike Alla, I don't believe for a second that Azan loves Nicole and he's just doing this schtick for the green card. He completed the show to save face, but he's probably currently looking for other wealthier suitors to bring him to America ASAP.

I don't care about Pedro or Chantel. I want to know what's going on with River. How's the poor, delicate, sensitive flower River doing with all of this? Will he ever be able to forgive Pedro and his sister for their betrayal? Did the host ask about the Hupy and Abraham online prenuptial agreement? If so, I missed it. And if the sex goes stale and Pedro's English improves, will there be any basis for a relationship for Pedro and Chantel? This couple was a snoozefest and a little too toothy for my taste.

I was really hoping to see the Prince and fantasize that he would've revealed that he's given up on the ladies and has entered a relationship with his close friend who was ever so delicately wiping ice cream off his face. Narkyia was right to not marry him. It's just a shame she wasted all that time and money going to Vietnam and neglecting her parental duties after getting Catfished and being lied to several times.  I think it would've been interesting to have her and Lowo at the reunion.

I think the host did fine, but it was clear that she was just a professional doing her job rather than a fan of the show. A fan of the show would've asked more relevant questions rather than kill precious air time with silly questions and games. It seems like they were just killing time. Ideally time would fly in a tell all show.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 7
On 11/22/2016 at 7:57 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Was the money for airfare, though?  Or was it Anfisa's gift budget?

On 11/22/2016 at 1:46 PM, Kangatush said:

It wasn't the airfare.  They said they would have gotten here and had zero money.  The show would have done airfare, hotel, and probably a modest food budget.  You know that's not enough for Anfisa, hence the delay.

I'm gonna guess the issue is that the show reimburses them for the airfare and hotel and George was unable to front it due to his accounts being frozen (which Shaun never asked him about).  If the show paid for it and gave them the tickets, there'd be little money issues except spending money and he's usually walking around with cash so that should have been ok too.  That he blew 10K on strippers in one night says he's really good at managing money. /s Shades of Apollo Nida from RHoATL.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Got to the part where Nicole's mom says she's not paying for Azan to come to the US and mysteriously Azan's connection is lost.  Yep....he hung up.  No doubt.  And did Nicole call her mom stupid?????

I hadn't noticed the timing! Do you think he could have been pissed off that she wasn't willing to open up her bank account and pay his way? Like perhaps Mr. Azan is a bit passive-aggressive?

Who hangs up on national TV?

18 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Yeah.  Like he's stoned out of his gourd all the time.  I'd be crying too.

Yeah, I think he's stoned a LOT. And, I think that's why she gets mad at him. That's why they have these blowups where she doesn't feel comfortable saying what started it. It's cause he's messed up and lumbering around like a big jacka$$.

I'd make him sleep in the car, too.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I hadn't noticed the timing! Do you think he could have been pissed off that she wasn't willing to open up her bank account and pay his way? Like perhaps Mr. Azan is a bit passive-aggressive?

Skype loses connections easily, however, that makes it that much easier to pretend the connection was lost, so he could've just hung up. I don't know about the timing with what her mom said but I did notice a change in Azan's mood/demeanor when her mom was included, so I'm willing to believe he could've hung up on the whole thing at that point.

I was somewhat impressed with Nicole until her mom was there; then she just became whiny & bratty again, although somewhat more reserved with it due to the environment perhaps. I'm so glad her mom said this is something Nicole has to do & she won't help her - I really hope she sticks by that statement & that Nicole &/or Azan don't pursue the K1 together.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I think the host was ok....loved the silences. 

I think Anfisa is so young and not prepared for life.  All bravado but crumbling underneath it all, we saw that. She strikes me as SO young and unprepared for reality.  And how she talked about how the show presented her.  Well, yes, it did.  She played into it.  But deep down she is just a kid who left everyone and everything and she regrets it. 

Just my take. 

And I think Chantal has an underbite.  No clenching teeth, I think she is conscious of it.  But she did look way different in the tell all. 

I agree, Meow! Anfisa is very young and running on bravado. She got talked into playing that role.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree, Meow! Anfisa is very young and running on bravado. She got talked into playing that role.

Possibly, but all that awful plastic surgery suggests she was preparing for some role; maybe this one didn't work out like she hoped. 

• Love 4

I think Anfisa got talked into playing a role. She had stars in her eyes. In spite of her demeanor she was wowed by the cameras.

There's almost an obedience about her consistent bitchiness. She's doing what she's told. And she had no idea they would use ONLY the clips of her acting bad.

Because her behavior was so outrageous, nobody notices that Jorge is a complete stoner with no idea how to treat a woman right. He kept her cooped up alone all day in a nearly empty apartment. And when she complained he either did nothing or threw things at her.

Now she's being raked across the coals on social media, to put it mildly.

More than any other cast member, I feel bad for her. She is the most misunderstood.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Possibly, but all that awful plastic surgery suggests she was preparing for some role; maybe this one didn't work out like she hoped. 

It's concerning that at such a young age she's like this already. Makes me wonder what the heck happened in her life. I noticed she did not mention a father when talking about having people for her wedding - mom, grandmother, & best friend, were mentioned. Her & Jorge are both sad cases but hopefully young enough to heal & pull it together at some point.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Yeah, I think he's stoned a LOT. And, I think that's why she gets mad at him. That's why they have these blowups where she doesn't feel comfortable saying what started it. It's cause he's messed up and lumbering around like a big jacka$$.

I'd make him sleep in the car, too.

Jorge is the one paying for 100% of the car and the apartment though. Why should he sleep outside?

• Love 5

The biggest question I had after this was how did Chantel get Jose into this country.  It had to cost some money.  Who paid for it?   She couldn't have much money herself, being a student living in a studio apartment.  

I've always gotten the impression that she was the princess that got whatever she wanted.  All I can say, if I was paying for that apartment, I wouldn't be footing the bill while she plays house with her boyfriend. 

• Love 1