Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I can't believe anybody would take Anfisa's side in this but that appears to be the case here. If tables were turned nobody would be saying poor little Jorge has to stay at the hotel alone and that's why he acts up, but that's what I read upthread among other excuses for Anfisa. Jorge looks to me like an abused person and no he doesn't look high. Just because you work with medical marijuana doesn't mean you're constantly "baked". Just because you work as a bartender doesn't mean you're constantly drunk. Same thing. Jorge said that he wants the Anfisa who traveled the world with him so she obviously treated him well for a while. Enough that he fell in love with her. Now she is pouring abuse and insults down on him almost constantly and he seems broken and almost scared of her reactions. There is no excuse for vandalism. There is no excuse for verbal abuse. So now he's left with feeling like maybe she will change back to the old Anfisa. Sometimes the love a person remembers about their abuser is enough to keep them hanging on for a time. And yes she is controlling and abusive. Its not ok just because she is a woman. Jorge is weak minded and now he's screwed because he's been mind-fucked. 

She's basically a teenager still!  She has no real experience of how to act in certain situation.  She throws a tantrum when she doesnt get her way, like a child.  I think when she gets older and look back, she'll be like, I cant believe I did that.  She, like any kid, still has a lot of growing to do.  She purposely pushes Jorges buttons bc she needs attention and interaction.  I'd go stir crazy too if I was stuck in an apartment for hours on end.  Jorge should know you cant leave a young girlfriend that just moved to the US alone, cooped up all day.  She's just waiting for him to come home to stress everything that's been going on in her head!  She needs to try to make friends and maybe get a hobby.  She has too much time on her hand, sitting around, thinking of their relationship.   

• Love 3

Still indulging in her fantasy world that Azan is Alladin and she is Jasmine. Loved that she doesn't admit that in part the reason why her family doesn't like him is that she shit talked him after she got home. 

THIS!!  I kept thinking this while she was talking.  Seriously??  I wanted the "Interviewer" to ask Nicole's Mom what she thought about the "fights" she saw unfold on the series versus what Nicole told her when she got back?  The Mom AGREED with Azan's wish to get Nicole to eat more healthy food and to work out.  What about all the crapola Nicole complained about when she got home?  Nicole is so self-centered and has zero grasp of consequences.  She came home, all het up about how he would not make out with her at the airport...how he refused to cry when she was leaving...and how put out she was over the entire visit, and vomited all of her Bad Feelings about Azan...totally not thinking that she needs  her family's support to continue this relationship (monetarily; taking care of May; and emotional support since he's so far away).  Anfisa needs to come over with her key and write on Nicole's car....

I have liked Azan throughout. He probably thought she was cute and certainly a ticket out of his country's unemployment.  I think he was shocked at her low level of maturity.  He probably figured that once she got to his home that they would 'connect' but all of her complaining was a serious bummer.  I am positive he hung up once the Mom came into the Reunion room.  He knows she hates him, and he was DUN.

Jorge needs to Run Fast....but he will not. He paid for her to be there and he will continue to pay.  He has zero self-esteem and I almost felt sorry for him when he said that he blew $10,000 on one night at a strip joint.  Really?  That actually explained a lot about him.  I thought is was funny that Chantel dropped knowledge on him - "If you adverted yourself that way, then you have to come through on your end."  HEEEE!  Thank you Chantel!

Also, at some point, another Eagle Eyed Poster said something to the effect that Chantel and Peds were trying out for a Telenovela!  I can't get that imagery out of my head!  "Pero Baby!  Don't cry!  I no like you cry!"  "But Baby!!"  I think that if there are ever any such reunions again - where the Immigrant cannot speak English - Peds, Anfisa, and Alla - then they should have translators which subtitles for us!  Seriously!!  I think that Chantel's Spanish is limited so she could not keep up with the narration, and he was curious to know what was going on......Also, Anfisa didn't get it either.  It's only fair that they at least understand what is being said at these things.  TRANSLATORS!! I like Peds and I am unsure why Family Chantel doesn't like him after seeing the series?  I guess they can never not stop babying her?  Hopefully they will think about it and realize that he loves her.  Mr. Eme thought that Peds telling her that his friends wanting to find an American to escape DR is reasonable -- stuff that Peds friends would have said and she took offense.  Not a big deal.

Love Alla.  It seems like she and Matt are getting along and they might last.  Yay.

Narkiya....well at least she has an adorable son.  I loved how he rocked his haircut.  And he has a ton of sense.  Narkiya just wanted to "be married" and she knew that he was sketchy with the lying about the Baby Mama, so I think she just used that info about him trying to get back with the Baby Mama as an excuse to salvage a bit of pride and Get Out.  So be it.  Hoping she finds someone close to home who loves her just as she is.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 4

I felt sorry for Anfisa. Like i said a few weeks ago, this whole mercenary golddigger thing is just an act. I knew for sure during the episode where Jorge drove her to the airport & attempted to send her home. He called her bluff & she didn't go anywhere. Anfisa is miserable. The bitchiness & pouting & sarcasm & demanding money are the only "weapons" she has in this power struggle. The more Jorge disappoints her, the more she digs her heels into the role. It's like a defense mechanism & she sees it's not working. 

I find Alla to be even more callous than Anfisa bc Anfisa is boiling over w emotion & hurt...but Alla is as cool as a cucumber.

Pedro is adorable.

Nicole acted the most mature I've ever seen her on the Tell All.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

So THERE!! ( sticks out tongue)

She did it to put pressure on her mom to co-sponsor Azan.  She was pissed that her mom said no, and she knew what would really upset and worry her mom, who has, apparently, already had one stroke.

But you have to remember that Azan's dick was on the line!

It's a page straight out of Danielle's book.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 4
On 11/20/2016 at 8:46 PM, lallalla said:

Narkiya said "I don't want to get ahead of myself."

I think what she means is, "I don't want to get further ahead of myself", because honey, that train has already left the station.

Oh yeah! She cannot wait for her next cupcake fix! And all that brave single mom b.s. will go out the window.

She's weak, and, I'm sorry, she's stupid. Very stupid.

You really want Lowo schooling your son on how to be a gentleman?

Lady you are pathetic.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Dahlia said:

OK I admit I'm no expert on  how these shows are put together but wouldn't there be a team of producers or writers that would create an outline and compose the questions that should be asked .....something she could refer to that someone involved in the show and perhaps aware of some viewers' questions and concerns had come up with  instead of the rambling dumbass questions that we were subjected to/bored with last night ?

Honestly I think there's a loose script given (like Shaun was obviously directed to hone in on Jorge and Anfisa), but after that it's all on the host, and really how invested they are in the show. I don't think Shaun watches the show at all and was just hired for the reunion. Kevin Frazier seems like he watches the Little Women shows, so he knows exactly what to say and to who. Same thing with Andy Cohen, he's the EP of the RHOs and he knows not only what is shown, but the behind the scenes drama and exploits it all for a messy but highly enjoyable reunion.

The worst reunion host of all time for me though is Dr. Drew, he purposefully softballs the teen moms while grilling the dads and extended family members, the "monkey" scene where he allowed Leah Messer to spill all of her baby daddy Corey's tea but use a safe word when he tried to spill hers has to go down in one of the most inane and biased moments in reality show reunion history. 

• Love 1

As someone who works closely with Ukrainians, I feel the need to make the blanket statement that "Russian/Ukrainian" is not a language or an ethnicity. Most Ukrainians speak Russian as a second language for historical reasons, but unless Alla is ethnically Russian (which she isn't, based on prior statements), implying that she and Anfisa share some common identity is like saying a Quebecois and a New Yorker have a common identity because they both can speak English. Also, their countries are kind of at war with each other right now. 

Alla is a nice lady who can speak Russian. Let's leave it at that.

• Love 11

I can't believe how little effort the producers put into the "Tell-all." Telling Azan to adjust his microphone is not good TV. Work that out ahead of time or edit it out afterwards. Inexcusable.

It's also not interesting to me to try to force participants to say negative things about people who are sitting right in front of them. I'm all for snark, but that's what the internet is for. Not one of these folks is as good at insulting reality show participants as we are.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Well, Nicole lived up to my expectations. Still indulging in her fantasy world that Azan is Alladin and she is Jasmine. Loved that she doesn't admit that in part the reason why her family doesn't like him is that she shit talked him after she got home. So she is still looking for a sponsor, I assume. God forbid she might apply herself to actually getting a I have to admit that by the end, I felt a little bit sorry for Anfisa. She truly made a deal with the devil. She wanted someone with a bankroll, so I'm assuming she posted a profile on one of those foreign bride sites. Jorge  was all up in her profile telling her how rich he was. 

According to them, he saw her facebook profile and tried to contact her.  He said he sent her 10 messages which she ignored.  She only responded when he said he is wealthy.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I loved her dress, it was classy, sexy, simple, and the fabric had nice movement to it.

I loved her dress, too, and was happy to see her in something tasteful. It was perfect for the occasion. I was shopping tonight at Macy's and they had the dress on sale- BCBG Maxazria, reg $289 I think. I didn't look to see what it was marked down to. I saw it and thought, "omg that's Anfisa's wedding dress!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaChavalina said:

As someone who works closely with Ukrainians, I feel the need to make the blanket statement that "Russian/Ukrainian" is not a language or an ethnicity. Most Ukrainians speak Russian as a second language for historical reasons, but unless Alla is ethnically Russian (which she isn't, based on prior statements), implying that she and Anfisa share some common identity is like saying a Quebecois and a New Yorker have a common identity because they both can speak English. Also, their countries are kind of at war with each other right now. 

Hmm, I'd disagree with that. 

I am ethnically Ukrainian (diaspora).  My husband is half Russian, half Ukrainian, raised in Kyiv.

Part of what the USSR did was to meld ethnic identities, particularly Slavic identities.  That was deliberate, so that nationalism (Ukrainian and Belarussian) was destroyed.  It is changing, particularly since the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but before that, there was still a common identity, particularly in Eastern Ukraine and Russia.  Less so in Western Ukraine, for a variety of reasons.

I think you could say that Russians and Ukrainians born there still share a Soviet identity.  I see it in their mindset, in their attitudes.  Ukrainians born in Ukraine have different perspectives than do Ukrainians born in the West.

2 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

I find Alla to be even more callous than Anfisa bc Anfisa is boiling over w emotion & hurt...but Alla is as cool as a cucumber.

That can be cultural.  She is obviously a calm person.  I think she was the smartest of the bunch.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

Yes, as REal Eyes mentioned, Ukrainians and Russians do share a common Soviet identity, even though Alla is an ethnic Ukrainian and Anfisa is Russian - but before 1991 (?) it was all one big country and Ukrainians and Russians often have similar last names and the same first names and Ukrainians can usually speak Russian. 

Edited by Drogo
Removed blank quote.
  • Love 1
On November 20, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Brooklynista said:

This reunion is going to take forever if Jorge takes this long to answer all of his questions. Spit it out! She whips your ass! We already know.

What color is Chantel? She looks like an Oompa Loompa.

I'm not understanding your comment on Chantel's coloring. What are you saying?

12 hours ago, Granny58 said:

it's not the texture...it's the style.  My son would look equally goofy with a mohawk and that "style" River was sporting.   

I thought nothing of the style. I understand its the trend. What I didn't like was Narkiya's son's hair color. I don't agree with kids having their hair dyed.

• Love 1

Anfisa has bad extensions. Jorge finally cut his hair so he doesn't look like Alfalfa.
People can have opinions on other people's hair without it being racist or white elitism.

So Jorge why was your bank accounts frozen?  And why didn't the show pay for the airfare to get to the reunion?  Jorge did throw Anfisa under the bus repeatedly. All was right that they are young and using arguments for excitement.

Alla was the only sincere person there. Matt is still a goober.

Chantal is either a bad actress or a lame-ass. Or both. Tired of her excuses. It's 90 days to get married. Whether she tells her family or not, she could have done the prep work for the wedding, had his family apply for visas etc. But she waits and waits and waits. Probably used to her parents bailing her out.

The host is lame. All those pauses. Asking one couple about the other. boring.

• Love 8
On 11/20/2016 at 8:14 PM, Maggienolia said:

This may not be the place for this question but I'm not sure where else to ask it. In the opening sequences there is a snippet of Alla throwing a chair off a 3rd floor balcony. What episode was that from? I thought I was all caught up and don't remember that scene from any of the episodes. ??? Just a tease clip from TLC or ...??? 

Maybe there's a look back episode? Because I haven't seen that either. Though I am usually multitasking while watching so easily could miss it

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:30 AM, magemaud said:

Well, that's two hours of my life (I'm including the fast forwarding) that I'll never get back.

Magemaud  LOL!!!  I had the exact same thought!  What an awful show. 

I DVR'd this episode and watched it last night. Like others have said I should have come here BEFORE I wasted time watching.   I could only get through an hour of it (and that included the fast forwards).  I hope they don't "drag" in any of these stories into next season or into the 90 "Happily Ever After" franchise.  None of these folks needs any further airtime wasted on them.

Obviously they didn't recruit this cast based on IQ scores.  I have zero tolerance when these folks start complaining and crying about people being mean and unkind on social media.  They should know that this is part of TLC's MO for these types of show.  Guess they are all so dense that they don't realize that this is part of the gig they've signed up for???  Or are they so delusional that they think their participation will bring them future fame and celebrity?

I hope that Niakrya has stopped chasing Lowo around the planet.   She needs to stay home and focus on her son.  He seems like a very intelligent and sensitive young man.  While I understand that she's looking for a strong male role model for him (and everything else for her) I wouldn't let Lowo (even if he had no Visa issues) anywhere near him.  As it was mentioned up thread she needs to get in touch with Big Brothers. Her son deserves that much.  Wait until he goes off to college then she can start "fishing" again (hopefully she won't pull in another Catfish!). 

No way Anfisa is 20. No way. 

Agreed.  My suggestion to Anfisa (since we know she reads what we post) is to get in touch Dr. Dubrow from Botched!  Perhaps TLC can create a crossover story with Bravo.  From what I see, she has some issues with both her lips and her breast augmentation that would make her a worthy candidate for his assistance.  She'd totally love Beverly Hills and maybe after she's had restorative surgeries, some nice (truly) wealthy man could take her under his wing!  Just a thought. 

15 hours ago, Adiba said:

I agree with others that this tell all was pretty bad. How long did we have dead air on this show? Everyone staring awkwardly at Anfisa while she refused to answer questions-- boring. 

I didn't know what was going on - at first I thought they all decided to participate in the Mannequin Challenge!  Very strange. 

• Love 2

Jorge and Anfisa agreed that their marriage is "in trouble" after only a few months, and anfisa has threatened to leave him as soon as she gets her green card. Why didnt the host ask her , why not leave now ? If she is so disenchanted with America, what's keeping her from leaving then ? I was laughing to myself listening to Alla and Anifsa proclaim how Americans think everyone else is trying to get to America so bad. Well..... why then are these people leaving everything behind to marry people they do not love ? For whatever reason - opportunities, stability - it should at least be noted. I have met many foreigners who have left behind everything in their home countries, yet talk sh*t about Americans and this country when they arrive here, a Russian co worker of mine got very angry one time when someone asked her if she married for a GC (she had left her American husband quickly after getting her permenant GC). I remember she screeched "You think everybody wants to be Americans???" I remember scratching my head and thinking NO - but I do think some foreigners from countries that dont have as many opportunities want to live in America, and they should at least own up to that. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

No one has, its ridiculous on its face. I'm sure among all of us here hundreds of weddings have been attended, and even the most old fashioned, traditional service hasn't included any such language. (And its not "does anyone object" it's "does anyone know of any impediment which would prevent these two from being lawfully joined" or somesuch--any legal reason, like an already existing wife. Think Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre.) Not "are there any friends here who are butt hurt because no one is paying enough attention to them".  And right at the beginning of the service? Before the minister says "dearly beloved blah blah blah"? Jesus, show. At least make an effort.

And really, if the officiant spoke those words at the ceremony I'll eat my hat. I have no doubt that it was dropped in later in editing.

He's always off in a corner, drinking Coors light, moodily. Angrily. Seething with resentment. Hoping someone will pay attention to him.

I know- legal reason (in an antiquated ceremony like Jane and Mr. Rochester)it was SO FAKE! The officiant actually said "Is there anyone in the audience who objects to this union?" Bwaahaahaa!! Like that line was ever part of a wedding ceremony. Then 2 seconds later the next scene is "Patrick had a change of heart, now he accepts the marriage" because he didn't yell I object to this union? There was no I object to this Union which means he is happy now about the whole thing! I understand these shows are fake but they did a terrible job with that story.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I thought nothing of the style. I understand its the trend. What I didn't like was Narkiya's son's hair color. I don't agree with kids having their hair dyed.

I've researched this a lot, because I have an 11 year old dying (lol!) to get her hair colored.  Before puberty, it is NOT recommended that kids get their hair colored.  I've asked several sytlists about this.  It has something to do with their hair before puberty vs. after, as well as the chemicals in the dye.  Others here in the profession could probably say it better than me. :)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I'm sorry, but Nicole IS a pig. She's as much a disgusting hole as Anfisa. Jorge, and I do not pronounce that as George, is a liar and a dumb ass in a dangerous field. Selling pot in LA, is freaking scary. A friend of mine had a small medical coop with some friends and they dissolved it because gangs threatened them. 

Channel, fuck off, you lying brat, putting it all on Pedro's shoulders so her family would hate him.  

I don't think anyone has a right to opinion on someone's hair. It smacks of white elitism.

I think Matt is a creep, who didn't back up Alla being treated so badly until he was threatened with HIS wedding being destroyed. 

As far as Matt is concerned....I would venture to say that Alla looked the happiest -- the most content out of all of them. Matt was caressing her hand with his thumb, and his hand on her shoulder several times throughout the broadcast, in a way that loving, intimate partners do.  I've never found Matt a "goober"....but rather, perhaps a "Mr. Deeds" kind of folksy guy.  I never did understand all the bashing of him, because of it.  So he's been married 4 times.  Maybe he's too trusting.  Anyway, he seems to be treating Alla well, and she doesn't seem to mind him.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

Jorge and Anfisa agreed that their marriage is "in trouble" after only a few months, and anfisa has threatened to leave him as soon as she gets her green card. Why didnt the host ask her , why not leave now ? If she is so disenchanted with America, what's keeping her from leaving then ? I was laughing to myself listening to Alla and Anifsa proclaim how Americans think everyone else is trying to get to America so bad. Well..... why then are these people leaving everything behind to marry people they do not love ? For whatever reason - opportunities, stability - it should at least be noted. I have met many foreigners who have left behind everything in their home countries, yet talk sh*t about Americans and this country when they arrive here, a Russian co worker of mine got very angry one time when someone asked her if she married for a GC (she had left her American husband quickly after getting her permenant GC). I remember she screeched "You think everybody wants to be Americans???" I remember scratching my head and thinking NO - but I do think some foreigners from countries that dont have as many opportunities want to live in America, and they should at least own up to that. 

And maybe reminded that marrying solely for the chance to move to the US and get a green card (instead of applying for valid, legal reasons and waiting your turn) is ILLEGAL and breaks US immigration law.

7 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Yes, as REal Eyes mentioned, Ukrainians and Russians do share a common Soviet identity, even though Alla is an ethnic Ukrainian and Anfisa is Russian - but before 1991 (?) it was all one big country and Ukrainians and Russians often have similar last names and the same first names and Ukrainians can usually speak Russian. 

I won't belabor the point-- I'm aware of the history, but 1991 was 25 years ago. These two particular women did not grow up in the same country and don't have a "Soviet Identity."

Edited by LaChavalina
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I've researched this a lot, because I have an 11 year old dying (lol!) to get her hair colored.  Before puberty, it is NOT recommended that kids get their hair colored.  I've asked several sytlists about this.  It has something to do with their hair before puberty vs. after, as well as the chemicals in the dye.  Others here in the profession could probably say it better than me. :)

My daughter (almost 8) wants it too, I bought some hair chalk of all colors. Washes off in the shower, and she can change it and make is different every day. 

54 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

As far as Matt is concerned....I would venture to say that Alla looked the happiest -- the most content out of all of them. Matt was caressing her hand with his thumb, and his hand on her shoulder several times throughout the broadcast, in a way that loving, intimate partners do.  I've never found Matt a "goober"....but rather, perhaps a "Mr. Deeds" kind of folksy guy.  I never did understand all the bashing of him, because of it.  So he's been married 4 times.  Maybe he's too trusting.  Anyway, he seems to be treating Alla well, and she doesn't seem to mind him.

I never liked Matt much until in the very last episode before the tell all, Alla said something in the effect that she would never forgive Patrick if he spoke up during the wedding, and Matt replied super serious "you got that right" or "You can make sure I won't either" (I paraphrase). He does have a limit. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, LaChavalina said:

I won't belabor the point-- I'm aware of the history, but 1991 was 25 years ago. These two particular women did not grow up in the same country and don't have a "Soviet Identity."

Not to get off topic, but I grew up in Ukraine until I was 12 years old. I cook Russian dishes and speak Russian as well. Politics aside, I do feel a Soviet identity...  and in the "diaspora" many people lump Ukrainians/Russians in one category because of the similarites.  Also many people from our parents generation look back to the Soviet times (pre 1991) with fondness. Point is, Alla and Anifsa have a more shared identiy than say Anfisa and an American girl; they can speak the same language and that is probably why Alla felt a sort of "kinship" towards her. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I never liked Matt much until in the very last episode before the tell all, Alla said something in the effect that she would never forgive Patrick if he spoke up during the wedding, and Matt replied super serious "you got that right" or "You can make sure I won't either" (I paraphrase). He does have a limit. 

I had to go back and rewatch this, because I couldn't believe I'd heard what I thought I'd heard:

Alla: "If Patrick objects to our wedding I don't think I'll be able to forgive him."

Matt: "I know I won't.  Hell no."

Good for him.  Matt just wants everyone to be happy, and I think Alla will help him see what an impossible endeavor that is and help him focus on their nuclear family. 

• Love 10

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here...When Nicole's mom came on the show, everyone else was sent out of the room.  They had cameras on them and I think a few times others commented that Azan just wants a green card among other things. I wasn't totally paying attention.

Anyone who managed to stay partially awake through this snoozefest remember what the other couples were saying during this segment?

16 minutes ago, Cranky One said:

When Nicole's mom came on the show, everyone else was sent out of the room.  They had cameras on them and I think a few times others commented that Azan just wants a green card among other things. I wasn't totally paying attention.

Anyone who managed to stay partially awake through this snoozefest remember what the other couples were saying during this segment?

When Azan was talking about Nicole losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle, Anfisa whispered to Jorge "That makes me think he's just after the green card."   I remember only because it struck me as particularly dense and unaware on Anfisa's part.

Not letting up on a Healthier Nicole is the thing that makes me think Azan does like her.  For me, it says he's looking to spend his life with her and wants them to be able to do fun things together, live past 45, etc.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Cranky One said:

I think what you remember is pretty much all the other couples' reactions they broadcast 

6 hours ago, Drogo said:

When Azan was talking about Nicole losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle, Anfisa whispered to Jorge "That makes me think he's just after the green card."   I remember only because it struck me as particularly dense and unaware on Anfisa's part.

Not letting up on a Healthier Nicole is the thing that makes me think Azan does like her.  For me, it says he's looking to spend his life with her and wants them to be able to do fun things together, live past 45, etc.

Or he binge watched My 600 Pound Life  and doesn't want Nicole bringing him over to assist her with deep fried pee pad wontons.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 16

I watched the reunion again and though I still think Shawn Robinson was not the best choice, I thought the reunion with its awkward silences was one of the best reality show reunions I have seen.  I can't stand it when people fight, or talk over each other because to me that seems staged.  This was real, in real life there are awkward silences and pauses and I'm glad TLC let them happen.

Of all the couples, Matt and Alla seemed the most mature, this probably will be his last marriage; the other couples acted like high school kids playing at adulthood. 

I don't know what to think of Anfisa, part of me thinks she's a terrible human being but another part of me wonders how old she really is.  Something makes me think that she's younger than twenty. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

They also remarked that she wasn't respecting his culture despite being told multiple times to quit pawing him.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm not understanding your comment on Chantel's coloring. What are you saying?

I'm not the original poster but I think Brooklynista was referring to Chantel overdoing the self tanner and being a nice shade of orange. Girl has lovely skin and doesn't need to slather on tan in a can!

• Love 11

Shallow observation, because I like Alla, but I hated her wedding hair.  The dress and makeup were great, but the weird asymmetrical hairstyle with the random orchids stuck in it was driving me nuts.  I think she and Matt have turned out to be my favorite couple this go-round!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Was the money for airfare, though?  Or was it Anfisa's gift budget?

It wasn't the airfare.  They said they would have gotten here and had zero money.  The show would have done airfare, hotel, and probably a modest food budget.  You know that's not enough for Anfisa, hence the delay.

• Love 1

I have a question about Jorge's statement that he will get an annulment and Anfisa will have to go back to Russia. Certainly he can petition for an annulment, but my understanding is that there are specific criteria by which annulments are granted. The most obvious criteria would be fraud. But even if the marriage is a sham, isn't Jorge going to have a hard time proving that he was the innocent injured party? He knew full well what he was getting into. They are living together, it's not they married and went their separate ways. I have an acquaintance who was hard up for money. A foreign national paid her 10K to get married. She had no communication with him after he got his green card. They eventually divorced because she wanted to get married for realz. Now that's fraud.  Then there's the Dani and Mo fraud.  I'm not a lawyer, but for me, Jorge's situation just what we have seen doesn't meet the standard for fraud. The other reasons are for bigamy, non-consummation, underage spouse, mental incapacity, duress. Maybe the standard is different for foreign spouses, but it would seem like theirs is a divorce situation, rather than annulment. She doesn't love me like I though she would and doesn't treat me well is not fraud, IMO. 

• Love 4

The format for this whole thing was whack.  They should have cut it down to one hour, spent a few minutes with each couple individually and then pulled them together at the end for some topics that would concern the whole group.  I don't need to know what every other couple thinks about Jorge and Anfisa!

Does Chantel have lockjaw?  Seriously, it's almost painful to watch her talk. 

I suspect the rule about the US citizen sponsoring and having to prove they can financially support their fiancee is to make it harder for foreigners to "buy" citizenship. Let's say someone is very wealthy in their country but wants to become a US citizen.  They could simply find some willing guy or gal on the internet (say, Nicole) and either pretend to woo them, throw a lot of cash their way and have them initiate the K-1 process, or just flat out say, "Here's $25,000 to cover expenses and something extra for yourself, pretend to be my fiancee."  Some of that risk is removed when the American partner has to prove that they can support someone.

• Love 3
On 11/21/2016 at 2:21 AM, lovesnark said:

I don't believe they 'lost' the feed with Azan. I think he hung up. My prediction is that Nicole will get tired of video chatting with Azan (when he bothers to answer) and it won't be long before she finds a local sucker to let her paw him all the time. And, that May will have a little brother or sister shortly thereafter.

Alla is just so sweet and kind!

I'm not quite sure what to think about Anfisa. To me, she seems to be an extremely damaged 20 year old kid who's pretending to be a tough ass grown up. I think there's a big part of her that would love to go back to Russia and hug her grandma.

Kind of funny to think of Azan hanging up on the TV show ~ anything to be rid of Nicole!

Also funny to see him cracking up at the sight of her big fits! Like he is so relieved to know she is halfway across the world. 

I'm wondering if Azan will be getting offers from other women? Women who make more money and don't throw big fits? He's gonna wind up doing the K1 with someone else thanks to the show.

Anfisa is damaged, but not all bad. In fact I think she can be quite sweet and wants to be. Unfortunately Jorge doesn't know how to do anything but throw money at her. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have a question about Jorge's statement that he will get an annulment and Anfisa will have to go back to Russia. Certainly he can petition for an annulment, but my understanding is that there are specific criteria by which annulments are granted. The most obvious criteria would be fraud. But even if the marriage is a sham, isn't Jorge going to have a hard time proving that he was the innocent injured party? He knew full well what he was getting into. They are living together, it's not they married and went their separate ways. I have an acquaintance who was hard up for money. A foreign national paid her 10K to get married. She had no communication with him after he got his green card. They eventually divorced because she wanted to get married for realz. Now that's fraud.  Then there's the Dani and Mo fraud.  I'm not a lawyer, but for me, Jorge's situation just what we have seen doesn't meet the standard for fraud. The other reasons are for bigamy, non-consummation, underage spouse, mental incapacity, duress. Maybe the standard is different for foreign spouses, but it would seem like theirs is a divorce situation, rather than annulment. She doesn't love me like I though she would and doesn't treat me well is not fraud, IMO. 

I'm just prefacing this from what I read as I didn't watch the show.

Jorge threatening to annul her after she gets her green card is illegal and typical of the abuse some foreign spouses suffer with some American spouses or some foreign relatives suffer from their American relatives. It creates a crazy power dynamic. (His threat to send her home seems to be more evidence of how he's abusing her.)

I'm not getting into the law but no spouse has to stay in a marriage where they are being threatened about getting their green card. If she wanted to  self petition, she has a good chance of winning. There are laws protecting her and other foreign wives and parents of US citizens who are being threatened by the US citizen.

She actually has a better case to annul their marriage because he lied to her about his assets, career, criminal history, etc.

There is no different standard for spouses born in other countries. The divirce and annulment law applies equally to everyone. 

Edited by rose711
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Nancybeth said:

The format for this whole thing was whack.  They should have cut it down to one hour, spent a few minutes with each couple individually and then pulled them together at the end for some topics that would concern the whole group.  I don't need to know what every other couple thinks about Jorge and Anfisa!

Does Chantel have lockjaw?  Seriously, it's almost painful to watch her talk. 

I suspect the rule about the US citizen sponsoring and having to prove they can financially support their fiancee is to make it harder for foreigners to "buy" citizenship. Let's say someone is very wealthy in their country but wants to become a US citizen.  They could simply find some willing guy or gal on the internet (say, Nicole) and either pretend to woo them, throw a lot of cash their way and have them initiate the K-1 process, or just flat out say, "Here's $25,000 to cover expenses and something extra for yourself, pretend to be my fiancee."  Some of that risk is removed when the American partner has to prove that they can support someone.

There is a process for an extremely wealthy person to get US citizenship by agreeing to invest money or create a business in the US. I know a ski resort that gets international investors this way.

Wealthy people have more options to get US citizenship than regular people or poor people like all the spouses on the show. They don't need to find a spouse.

https://www.uscis.gov/eb-5

edit to add: the reason for the support requirement is so that the foreign national doesn't become a charge on the US system, such as it is.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3

Regarding support, it doesn't have to just be a US citizen spouse or their family agreeing to support them. Anyone can be a co-sponsor and you can have more than one.

i don't think a corporation can sponsor an individual for a fiancée visa. I've never seen that.

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

Or else it's giving him an out because he knows she's never going to change her ways.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rose711 said:

She actually has a better case to annul their marriage because he lied to her about his assets, career, criminal history, etc.

You actually have a good point here.   She could petition for the annulment and still apply for citizenship.   Not her fault that the guy she married turned out to be a fraud (instead of her).   Lying about a material fact -- like ability to support a spouse -- is fraud for annulment purposes.   But she would have to prove she would not have married if she had known.   Which is harder to prove than you think.  She can't go "yeah, I was only looking to marry an rich American."  Because well, courts are not amused by that.

• Love 1

I really can't stand Shawn Harrison as the hostess-not of this series or MBFFL. One moment I found especially cringe worthy was when she asked Chantel what she was whispering to Pedro. It was obvious that she was translating for him. How did she expect Chantel to respond? By reiterating everything that had been said up to that point on the show? That was awkward. 

• Love 9