Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Northernlights said:

I couldn't think of a better train wreck to watch than those two in Florida.  That would be the absolute BEST!!  

If this happens, you might as well place Nicole's daughter in foster care. As we've seen all season, she's completely willing to throw over care of her own child to hang out with Azan.

But yeah, TLC seems to be banking on the hope that there won't be a "complete shutdown" of K-1 visas next year...

• Love 5

It's not as if American Christian men are big respecters of women either.  Some are; some aren't.  I think each of us can come up with plenty of examples to support either side.   All Muslims are not the same, and all Muslim countries are not the same, and all Muslims living in one country are not the same.  

It seems to me that plenty of men of all faiths or of no faith at all would have little respect for Nicole simply because of her behavior.  

• Love 16
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Lowo is young? Narkiya could definitely find someone in this country. We aren't all shallow.

The problem is, Narkiya is shallow.   She wants the hot young man.   Everything else is optional.   Although whoever posted upthread about how she thrives on the lying may have a point.   She gets to show how "smart" she is, every time she proves he lied to her to.  "See, see, I found out the truth about him.  Aren't I great.   I am going to hold him to telling the truth."   Except if she were really smart, she would kick him to the curb for all the lies.   Who cares if you found out the truth later if you had to go through the lies to get to it.   Life is too short to spend your time playing Clouseau on your fiance's lies all the time.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

If this happens, you might as well place Nicole's daughter in foster care. As we've seen all season, she's completely willing to throw over care of her own child to hang out with Azan.

But yeah, TLC seems to be banking on the hope that there won't be a "complete shutdown" of K-1 visas next year...

I'd vote for putting Nicole in foster care. She acts like a 6 year-old and has zero idea about what it takes to be a responsible adult. She'll never understand that no one will take her seriously unless she puts the needs of her child before her own deluded fantasy of what she thinks she deserves.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The problem is, Narkiya is shallow.   She wants the hot young man.   Everything else is optional.   Although whoever posted upthread about how she thrives on the lying may have a point.   She gets to show how "smart" she is, every time she proves he lied to her to.  "See, see, I found out the truth about him.  Aren't I great.   I am going to hold him to telling the truth."   Except if she were really smart, she would kick him to the curb for all the lies.   Who cares if you found out the truth later if you had to go through the lies to get to it.   Life is too short to spend your time playing Clouseau on your fiance's lies all the time.

Narkiya is going to be the next Danielle Jbali because she LOVES the drama. She loves following Lowo, checking out his stories, stalking him on the web. This show is likely the most exciting and glamorous thing to have ever happened to her. And she is going to keep the drama train a rollin'. If they don't get married I will be shocked.

Happy to be done with Chantal and Pedro - they were so dull I just FF'd through their segments.

Anfisa is not going to have a happy life with Jeorge - he is shifty. He reminds me of Mark/Nikki form a previous season as he dangles rings, wedding gowns, etc. in front of Anfisa but she gets nothing. She has nothing but a lease in her name on that depressing apartment. No furniture. A few meals at what looks like low level restaurants or bags of take out.  No social life as Jorge apparently has no friends. She should have opted to stay at the hotel- at least there would be people around. Alla is getting a much better deal and you have to limbo to get under that low bar.

Nicole bless her heart. I hope that they don't get married. Azan doesn't deserve being stuck in Bradenton with this terrible woman. She will be able to parlay her appearance on this season into some kind of millennial Teen Mom/Jersey Shore/Bachelor career.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Lowo is young? Narkiya could definitely find someone in this country. We aren't all shallow.

I thought you were talking about Melanie right to the end!!

• Love 1
On 11/18/2016 at 6:24 PM, CoachWristletJen said:

I hate to say this lest people run in the wrong direction with it, but I'm starting to wonder if there's something going on with Nicole neurologically ~ like perhaps she had some kind of a head injury when she was little? Something is wrong, with the voice octavation, the way she goes from zero to 60 and cannot stop herself from yelling and interrupting. The way she was getting sooo touchy-feely with poor Azan and they practically had to threaten to cut her hands off to get her to stop. Telling her it was illegal didn't make a difference. Blatant social cues didn't make a difference.

Also, the way she views the world is very lopsided somehow. She's ready to recite Azan's list of failings, knowing full well that it will build her mother's case. But she completely omits her own as if she doesn't even SEE how obnoxious she acted. Like the tape recorder in her head is running but it doesn't record her own behaviors.

Something is wrong.

It's not all  neurological though. A big component of it is willful. Nicole getting her way, over and over again. Acting like a huge brat.

I could see something being not quite right with Nicole. I mean, her 16 year old brother is WAY more mature than she is. She looks and acts like a 12 year old. I just can't believe she's 22!!! The meeting with the lawyer - she just giggles about the lawyer saying they don't have much to make the argument that it is a legitimate relationship. Nicole just takes this WHOLE thing with such a flippant attitude. The cultural differences and religious differences. It's just a big joke to her. Super immature and God help her poor little girl!! 

• Love 6

I feel really sorry for Pedro and Azan. Pedro seems like a genuine, really nice guy who does love Chantel. Sadly, she is an immature drama-queen. Azan also seems like a really nice, caring person who is maybe getting a little pressure from his family to "play nice" with the American for green card reasons. He could do SO much better - either a nice Moroccan girl who will respect his culture and family or a more mature (emotionally) American who is more interested in learning about his culture and language. Nicole doesn't even bother to learn how to say "thank you" to his family after staying there for 5 weeks. 

This whole season has been the biggest train wreck!!! These couples!! Jorge seems like a nice guy (though looking for a stepford wife) and then gets tied up with Anfisa who is... wow... a white hot mess. Narkia and Lowo - are you serious?? It's these "we met through an app" couples that are going to make the visa process that much harder for those couples who Do really have a relationship (beyond internet apps and phone calls) get the visa. 

What's the deal with Matt's speech patterns? Is he trying to mimic Alla?? He's just creepy. Run, Alla. Run.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Trace said:

RUN Azan run!!!  Coming to America is so not worth it honey!! It's not an Eddie Murphy movie.

Amen!!! I get the feeling it's more his family that wants him to continue with the relationship even though it was clear when they finally met that he didn't find her attractive and didn't find her attitude and lack of respect for his culture attractive. You get the feeling that every time he came back after a fight with "I'm sorry. I really do care about you" that it was something his family had pushed him to do. I'd say he's probably already earned his green card after 5 weeks with Nicole. 

• Love 16

Nicole saw the cute puppy in the window and she WANTS it.  No matter that she's told it will grow to be enormous and will present a possible danger to her child and costs way more than she can afford; she WANTS it because it's cute and it licked her and she loves it and it loves her.  This is the extent of her thinking.  She's not thinking about house training or discipline or any of the things a normal person thinks about when acquiring a puppy.  

Anyone who would lie to her parents about getting married will lie about anything. Anything. I sincerely hope that was all something the producers came up with because it is really despicable. 

Jorge thought he could buy a hot wife.  He asked, "When will it end?" Which I saw as inquiring when he will have paid a sufficient bride price.  Anfisa was quite right to say, "Never," because the stay at home hot wife he wants will always continue to need things and want things.  It's as if he wants to buy her and lock her up as his possession.  He has very little thought about what she might need. He doesn't appear to be considerate at all. 

Alla is trying to find a better life for her family.  I have nothing against that.  I hope she finds a way to get her sister to join her.

• Love 6

This may not be the place for this question but I'm not sure where else to ask it. In the opening sequences there is a snippet of Alla throwing a chair off a 3rd floor balcony. What episode was that from? I thought I was all caught up and don't remember that scene from any of the episodes. ??? Just a tease clip from TLC or ...??? 

• Love 2

Holy moly.  You know, I have waffled between shock and awe and disgust for Anfisa... but Jorge deserves whatever she dishes.  They way he laughs like it's funny when she stares at him with what I would regard as pretty darn close to hate, but definitely disgust!   He is also a stupid lug for hauling freaking grow lights in the car- has he not learned by now that Anfisa will NOT stand for that?  He's such a moron.

• Love 14

Do you love me?  Do you really love me?  How much?  Like, how much?  

*tee hee*

GOD-UH

I can't stand her simpering, broken-out face.  She thinks her smile is soooooo cute.  

Azan hates her.  That's allllllll his family forcing him and green-card longing there.

• Love 22

Who made Patrick the sayer of anything?

He is too high on the horse he doesn't have.

Someone take back his imaginary keys, take that wind right out of his non-existent sails, he annoys me, I am now irrationally angry!

Let's all be "thankful" he came around!

Edited by lallalla
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, lallalla said:

Who made Patrick the sayer of anything?

He is too high on the horse he doesn't have.

Someone take back his imaginary keys, take that wind right out of his non-existent sails, he annoys me, I am now irrationally angry!

Let's all be "thankful" he came around!

I figure Patrick has been the one to pick Matt up off the floor or talk him off the ledge with his prior divorces.

Does Jorge have grow lights in his SUV as they drive to their wedding?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Those aren't tears of happiness pouring from Anfisa's eyes.

She's thinking about the $45K dress + the ...what was it almost $100k diamond ring. They really kinda deserve each other. Jorge wants a little wifey. Well. He got one. Though I don't see her cooking him dinner and keeping the house clean. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

It's amazing how hostile this show has become toward their cast members!  They treat them like shit.

The first 2 minutes of the reunion is the most honest/revealing of all the seasons.

Of course Nicole understands why Anfisa is crazy when left alone.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 12

This reunion is going to take forever if Jorge takes this long to answer all of his questions. Spit it out! She whips your ass! We already know.

What color is Chantel? She looks like an Oompa Loompa.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

Jorge, it was not the pressure of the 90 days that caused the stress in your relationship, but rather your mean and nasty finance and the fact that she doesn’t even like let alone love you.  I was surprised to see her tear up during their wedding ceremony.  I have a feeling those weren't tears of joy. 

My eyes got moist when Alla said that both she and Max were very happy and again when the sisters were hugging.  I can’t help but believe that Patrick and his objection to the marriage was much ado about nothing. It seemed that this was their story line.

I wonder if it's really over between Narkiya and Lowo.  Her son seems witty and intelligent; however, I think it’s inappropriate for her to ask for his advice on her love life.    

That conversation between Nicole and Azan was very awkward. TLC knows a ratings bonanza when they see it.  I have a feeling they are going to help her sponsor him.  They are going to be the next Dani and Mo. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Jorge, it was not the pressure of the 90 days that caused the stress in your relationship, but rather your mean and nasty finance and the fact that she doesn’t even like let alone love you.  I was surprised to see her tear up during their wedding ceremony.  I have a feeling those weren't tears of joy. 

My eyes got moist when Alla said that both she and Max were very happy and again when the sisters were hugging.  I can’t help but believe that Patrick and his objection to the marriage was much ado about nothing. It seemed that this was their story line.

I wonder if it's really over between Narkiya and Lowo.  Her son seems witty and intelligent; however, I think it’s inappropriate for her to ask for his advice on her love life.    

That conversation between Nicole and Azan was very awkward. TLC knows a ratings bonanza when they see it.  I have a feeling they are going to help her sponsor him.  They are going to be the next Dani and Mo. 

That was truly awful of Narkiya to go to her son for "advice."  You don't place that kind of burden on your child.  Gross.  Grow up.  She's now almost as repulsive as Nicole is to me.  

• Love 11

Why was Nicole face timing with Azan while in a church?  The conversation was bad enough, I felt like I was watching a 4 yr old.  But the location had me perplexed...I kept noticing the Sanctuary sign in the background and other posters and such that indicated it was a church.  How strange.

Edited by CSunshine76
Bc my iPad doesn't believe Azan is a name
  • Love 4

Alla is NOT feeling Anfisa and Jorge's idiocy.  

They (Jorge and Anfisa) think this shit is funny?  Jorge and Anfisa are a match made in hell. 

Edited by liammaam
Clarification :)
  • Love 11
Just now, ALittleShelfish said:

This host is terrible. There are four couples and she's focusing on a couple we don't really need to know anything more about.  We're not really learning ANYthing new about J&A.  Nothinggggggg.   New host please, TLC.

She really is awful. She was just as bad as reunion host for My Big Fat Fab Life.

• Love 11

Chantal is very sweet. She was annoying on the show but they are both cute. 

I knew that Jorge was a lying broke ass scumbag  he doesn't deserve being physically assaulted but all of the rest - he has it coming.

Alla seems happy - good for her!

Nicole. SMH. I'm suing her for medical bills for whiplash she has ms SMFH so much.  

• Love 14

I've always wondered about Chantel's parents. These are people she lies to because she is afraid of what they'll think of her being engaged to Pedro who she's gone to the DR to visit on apparently numerous occasions. BUT they have no problem with her living in a one bedroom apartment together. ????

And why was the bed in the living room??? 

• Love 3

Now I know why TLC put all their eggs in the Danielle and Mohammed basket - this 'Tell All' is painful to watch, and none of these people has anything interesting to say. It makes Mo and Dani' s debate about feminine hygiene issues seem like Masterpiece Theatre.

• Love 23