Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I really can't stand Lowo (or his "friend" for that matter) for the steady statements of what Nigerian women will and won't do. Few, if any Nigerian women would take a man like Lowo seriously as a suitor, he has nothing to offer them or to potential children. No family worth their salt would allow a guy like Lowo anywhere near their daughter.

And Nigerian women are NOT just shrinking daisies, most Nigerian women I know are extremely well educated, and if they do take crap off of their husbands, trust that there is a trade off (aka hubby is making good money and is giving them a good life), and they're lowkey giving as good as they get. The minute a clown with nothing to his name like Lowo even tried that patriarchal crap, they'd be laughed out the room like Devar's sisters did Melanie.

Not to make everything about Danielle and Mohamed, but if it wasn't for Danielle being married to her kids father, the scenes with Nicole is EXACTLY what their childhoods would've been like, Danielle dragging them to MENA countries to meet their new daddies once a year. This reminds me of a BBC documentary about ladies who would go on Turkish vacations with the children and be shagging random cabana boys in the same suite. It was so gross.

• Love 9
On 11/1/2016 at 11:40 AM, Drogo said:

Anfisa may be on her way back to Russia. Nicole can't get in touch with Azan. Chantel & Pedro worry no one will come to their wedding. Lowo's friend reveals a troubling secret to Narkiya

Jorge the Doormat.

10 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Nicole: "I don't KNOWWWWWW-UHHHH. I don't want to TALK ABOUT ITTT...UHHHH."  Is she older than twelve?  And it's obvious that just talking over others is something her well-meaning (?) mother never told her is rude.  

The most punch-worthy currently is Chantal.  She eyerolls nearly as much as Anfisa does.  And treats Pedro with as much respect as someone who sees a roach in their house. Her expressions towards him are like she just noticed that she's stepped in dog poop. "I don't have a dress, I don't even know if anyone will even be at my wedding."  Well, why do you think? Maybe because you kept your fiancé a deep, dark secret all these months?  Sorry, no sympathy.

Nicole wants what she wants.

• Love 4

And kudos to Nicole's mom for telling her she is not bringing her baby to see Azan. I have a feeling Nicole's mother and sister do most of the child-rearing and they likely worry about what would happen to May if they weren't around. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Frazzle said:

You may be right, but I honestly get the vibe that Patrick doesn't even like Matt. He just seems to bully him under the guise of "looking out for him." Dude's a dick, plain and simple, and Matt is the kind of person who will come back again and again like a kicked puppy.

I think Patrick has a drinking problem.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Nicole: "I don't KNOWWWWWW-UHHHH. I don't want to TALK ABOUT ITTT...UHHHH."  Is she older than twelve?  And it's obvious that just talking over others is something her well-meaning (?) mother never told her is rude.  

The most punch-worthy currently is Chantal.  She eyerolls nearly as much as Anfisa does.  And treats Pedro with as much respect as someone who sees a roach in their house. Her expressions towards him are like she just noticed that she's stepped in dog poop. "I don't have a dress, I don't even know if anyone will even be at my wedding."  Well, why do you think? Maybe because you kept your fiancé a deep, dark secret all these months?  Sorry, no sympathy.

She's not older than FOUR!

• Love 4

Chantel and the pre-nup, wow, her mother would not let it go all for the sake of an inheritance that someday may or may not even be significant, like Pedro will even be around when that happens.

Nicole's mother, love her! She really is good at sticking to her guns about writing a check for the K1 and put her foot down about Nicole taking May to Morocco, someone has to have some sense about things.  How would Nicole pay for the airline tickets for another trip anyway? Mom? I think not.

Jorge and Anfisa, oy vey.  She looked nuts at the restaurant, the eyelashes looked really heavy like she could not even keep her eyes open and the odd lip enhancement gave her a cartoonish look.  She even said she may calm down a little but not much because that's who she is.  When people show you how they are, they are not lying...good luck Jorge. 

Is it just me or does this show keep repeating bits (long bits) from previous shows?  I keep thinking I am watching a rerun with about 15 minutes of new stuff tacked on to a rerun?

• Love 7

During Nicole's talking head, after her mother tried to set her straight, she said: " I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm going to do this,So There!" I fully expected her to stick out her tongue and go NAAAH!

What an insufferable child she is.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, MollysDevice said:

$25,500 is not that much money to earn. I make that much and I'm just an administrative assistant in an office. Nicole could probably easily get a second job and make that much if she really wanted to, and if she's unwilling to do that, she can't care that much about a relationships with Azan. 

Deleted, because I said I wouldn't go there. 

Edited by Granny58
fighting with my inner demons.
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Frazzle said:

I know Alla is looking out for #1 (and her son) first and foremost, but she is still a saint in my eyes for putting up with this group as gracefully as she has.

This made me remember something I pieced together from my Ancestry.com research.  Back in the early 1900s my great grandmother died (who by newspaper accounts was a woman beloved by all who knew her).  They had a slew of kids and she died at about 32 years old (pneumonia).  Great grandfather was older, by 10 years I think.  Anyway, within a year he was remarried to a widow, and didn't have any more children.  I think it is 99% likely that the marriage was not a love match but a good solution to a problem (a bunch of kids, no mom, 1915, widow needs a husband).  So putting a life choice or a love choice is fine with me.  As long as there is respect and affection and can work together - not at all like the situation last season with Nikki and Mark.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

Wow!  Narkiya just found out that Lowo was trying to get back together with his son's mother while he was talking to Narkiya!  Oh My!  Now she thinks there might be OTHER things he's not telling her!  Boyoboy, she's a sharp one, that Narkiya!

when I heard this, though, I thought "well, he SHOULD be involved in his son's life, and you're wrong to want to keep them apart."  

7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

He acts like a battered spouse and whipped puppy. I feel like he damn near flinched when she opened the door to try and talk to the producers.  Someone is wrong with that boy

He actually makes me sad.  He could be my son (age wise) and I hate seeing this. 

• Love 3

Jorge / Anfisa - I feel so bad for him and can clearly see that he is in an abusive relationship.  I think the stigma of being an abused man, coupled with the "failure" of his relationship and proving everyone right is a lot of pressure for him.  

Nicole / Aslan I agree with everyone that she is not May's primary caretaker.  I heard her say more than once "I am my daughter's primary caretaker and we live in a house, alone, just the two of us"  like that's something she's rehearsed and thinks sounds convincing.  Watching Nicole ask her mom to sponsee Aslan was like watching her ask if she could get a puppy.  "But mooommmmmmmmm I'll take care of him!"

Pedro / Chantal - Did this bitch REALLY say it's clear her family has more money than Pedro's.  He is WAY too good for her.  She's not even all that pretty and THAT was all she had going for her ... she has a weird profile in her talking heads.   

• Love 6

In Hanoi, (which was much nicer than I expected) Nark suggested she and Lowo share an ice cream.  Later I see they each have their own.  Sharing ice cream IMO is utterly gross....I was glad to see 2 cones.  LOL.  My own personal peeve.  

• Love 3

If Jorge thinks his engagement with Anfisa has been contentious, lord help him if there's a divorce.  He won't have a dime to his name for the rest of his lonely life.  I was absolutely amazed when Anfisa treated him so badly then threw him the tiniest little bit of hope and he lapped it up like a thirsty puppy.  He'll take any scrap she throws him.  Man that guy is pathetic!

I thought Nicole was using her daughter to blackmail her mom, as in, "Fine.  If you won't sponsor Azan to come here then I'll take May to Morocco."  She knows May is her bargaining chip.  I think there's a chance mom may cave to protect May.  What a heartbreaking dilemma!  Nicole puts on this childish facade but below the surface she's a mean, manipulating spoiled brat.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 13
On 11/14/2016 at 7:11 AM, ChaChaSlide said:

I really can't stand Lowo (or his "friend" for that matter) for the steady statements of what Nigerian women will and won't do. Few, if any Nigerian women would take a man like Lowo seriously as a suitor, he has nothing to offer them or to potential children. No family worth their salt would allow a guy like Lowo anywhere near their daughter.

Most Nigerian families would tell their daughters to kick Lowo to the curb.

On 11/14/2016 at 8:59 AM, MrsSmartyPants said:

Pedro / Chantal - Did this bitch REALLY say it's clear her family has more money than Pedro's.  He is WAY too good for her.  She's not even all that pretty and THAT was all she had going for her ... she has a weird profile in her talking heads.   

Why is that hard to believe.  I sensed that there was some type of inheritance, which was why the parents wanted the pre-nup.  Still Chantal's an idiot who shouldn't marry anybody, the only reason she's not as bad as Nicole is because she doesn't have a child in this mess.  I think Pedro's shady because if he had any balls, or his family had any money,  he would have been on the first plane back to DR.  And because it needs to be said again, Pedro's mom and STFU because her ancestors were just as much slaves as mine were.

Nicole need to forget Azan or else she will be Danielle 2.0, or maybe Danielle is her role model.  I think Azan just wants to come to the USA and Nicole is his ticket.  I can't stand her because she'd think nothing of taking her daughter to Morocco just so she, Nicole can be with Azan, she's the definition of selfish.

I wonder if Anfisa is pouring it on for the cameras, she's already said she wants to be famous, she wants people to recognize her on the street.  Maybe she's hoping TLC will give she and Jorge their own TV show, at least their own segment like it as Dani and Mohammad. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 8

I hope Jorge enjoys getting robbed constantly after the airing of this show. Millions of people now know he carries as much as $10,000 on his person and that he is extremely passive.

And I am now convinced that Nicole respirates exclusively through the skin on her shoulders. There is no other reason why one person would have so many damn shirts with shoulder cut outs. 

• Love 16

I don't understand Jorge's "if I don't get married now, I'll never get married" attitude. I realize that Anfisa is a bitch of the highest order and is clearly manipulating and abusing him, but she hasn't been in the picture all that long to wear him down and make him think he's nothing without her. I think he has had issues for many years and Anfisa pushes all his self hating buttons. He needs to invest his money in a  life coach, a counselor and a personal trainer and he can pull himself out of this. Even if Anfisa leaves, until he changes his mindset, he will just find another predator to use and abuse him. It's actually very sad. And we wastes, wastes wastes his money. He is in an industry that is very unstable, he needs to be banking his earnings because he has no idea when the bottom might fall out.   

• Love 9

Nicole is someone who makes me want to rage and throw shit at the telly. Her sense of entitlement is astonishing. If you keep taking off for weeks at a time, you won't have that sliver of income at all, so your mum will be taking care of two children--you and May--and a grown arse man. You want your mum to take on being responsible for this man for ten years, and she's never met him. And you want her to be okay after all the presumable lies you said about him telling you to lose weight and shut the eff up. What parent in their right mind would ever agree to that crap? The icing on this cake? You want to drag your two year old across the bloody world to meet some random man. Talking about he loves her. The first thought that crossed my mind was, "This child* is out of her mind. He doesn't even love you. Let alone your child." I swear I want to dish out kidney and liver punches, and I'm not even violent. That poor child is a going to be used as a bargaining chip for her petulant, manipulative, mean-spirited disrespectful woman-child of a mum. She might block her mum from seeing May if she doesn't agree. If I ever talked to my mum the way she talked to her mum, I probably wouldn't still be standing. 

Narkiya better not marry that sleazy, scheming scammer. This roach told you his son's mother was dead. That alone is rage worthy. The lack of respect displayed for the woman who carried and mothers his child inexcusable. There's no way he's a prince. Prince of Bullshitlandia, maybe. I don't like that she smashed the ice cream in his face. Now, that was uncalled for. 

The women this season seem to have abusive qualities about themselves, and it's not cool at all. Get mad but keep your hands to yourself, dude. Assault isn't where it's at in any form. Nicole pushed Azan. Narkiya shoved the ice cream cone in Lowo's face. Anfisa gets off on vandalising Jorge's property and just being a nasty piece of a work. At first I thought he was into the whole masochism thing, but now looking at how defeated he looks....yeah, I don't think so.

Jorge looks like someone who is in a toxic relationship and doesn't know how to get out. She does what a lot of people know as "love bombing." She reminds me of a sociopath in that aspect. She thrives off having control, and when she doesn't have it, she love bombs him via constant communication/actions by changing passwords, wiping out his phone, cancelling flights, texting obsessively, calling back to back, pinging the phone, and what it does is, overwhelms him and allows her to gain the upper hand. He seems to have no friends. Even if their faces were blocked out, who is in his corner aside from his three sisters? Messed up situation for sure. I hope they didn't married. When she walked off the stage in the tell-all commercial, she wasn't wearing a ring, and I think he purchased the engagement ring at least.

I just can't with Chantel and Pedro. He deserves better. She grates on my nerves like Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. All the eye-rolling and griping about not having her dream wedding...shut up. You could've had it, but you decided to lie for no clear reason. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Few, if any Nigerian women would take a man like Lowo seriously as a suitor, he has nothing to offer them or to potential children. No family worth their salt would allow a guy like Lowo anywhere near their daughter.

But wait ---- He's a PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seriously, I can't even believe anyone would fall for this scam. One look at this guy's slimy smile and it's obvious he's a scammer.

• Love 4

If Nicole wants to do this no matter what anybody says, she is free to do so.   She is over 18 (chronologically).   But that means not asking mommy for money.   Nicole wants her way but she wants others to pay for it.   Like the immature child is (emotionally).

Lowo can say all those things about his "cultural" because who is going to challenge it?   Narkya the delusional?   

Jorge is being abused.   Who knows how many abusive relationships he's had before this.   Unfortunately, it is a common trait among abuse victims that they truly believe they can't do better or deserve to be treated this way.   So they just go from abusive relationship to abusive relationship until they finally get help to break the cycle.   If they ever do.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I know. What kind of man that young thinks if they don't settle now they never will. Well, if he marries Anfisa she will settle his ass ALLLLLL THE WAY DOWN

2264375202_f3ce219748.jpg

Seriously, I am just looking for the button to FF this mess to the part where Anfisa puts a life insurance policy on his ass and collects double indemnity for his 'accidental death.' I have just thrown up my hands with Jorge. Who the HELL just drives to the airport without luggage (which even the TLC producer remarked upon) to try and buy a ticket outside of a life or death situation? Isn't that what the interwebs are for? I call BS on that one. How does Jorge go from Anfisa must go bitch season with his sisters to 'I don't know what is gonna happen' after she keys his car to totally seeing the light after Anfisa manages to barely contain her malice for 5 minutes? It was like his world light up when she 'opened up' which was her sitting there stone faced and trying not to roll her eyes. He acts like a battered spouse and whipped puppy. I feel like he damn near flinched when she opened the door to try and talk to the producers.  Someone is wrong with that boy. 

Anfisa has an ugly smile, which might be way she doesn't smile that often. Still doesn't account for her serial killer flat effect.

Lowo's friend must have gotten a TLC check and trolling - anyone notice his 'friend or faux' shirt he was wearing. A little too on the nose.

Speaking of which, Matt must get that check too because it makes no sense that he is more upset over this than Matt's own twin and mom. 

Chantal's default setting is to lie. Her parents wanted her to get a legal pre-nup drawn up by an attorney and instead she just printed one off legalforms.com and presented it as valid. I can't see that document being found legal mostly due to the language barrier. Pedro better watch out for her ass. Pedro and Chantal's drama over whether her family would show up was the fakest fake that was ever faked on this show. 

Nicole? Sweet heavens above. Thank goodness for extended family because May would be in a heap of shit if it was solely up to Nicole. Predators target dumb chicks like Nicole with young children willing to let their uncle bad touch asses access to kids because they long for a man.  Her 16 yr brother was spitting nothing but true facts.

He had to go to the airport because he pays with a wad of cash that he may be hiding from the IRS. 

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm not sure he loves it.   He seems genuinely miserable, like an alcoholic who can't find his way out of the bottle, knows he should but just can't.   I think it humiliated him to be browbeaten like that in front of others.

What he needs in his life are some male friends to give him perspective.  He seems very lonely and kind of lost.

No doubt he's miserable, that's the whole point of masochism.  Misery gives him his best hardons.

• Love 4

Sharing ice cream IMO is utterly gross

Oh, please. That's like people who get so grossed out at the thought of borrowing a spouse's toothbrush. Think what else they have shared with their mouths.  

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

And I am now convinced that Nicole respirates exclusively through the skin on her shoulders. There is no other reason why one person would have so many damn shirts with shoulder cut outs. 

I just died.  *all the way dead*

This is gold hahahahaha

• Love 15

When Nicole was at the lawyer's she keep shaking her legs.  I was struck at the poise of the womanly lawyer being contrasted with Nicole's childish body language and language.  I don't think she's all there. 

Her mom said that Nicole likes to "bulldoze" her way through her stupid ideas, and I get it, that's definitely what she is doing with this Azan project.  She will manipulate, push and bully until she gets what she decided she wants out of pig-headed-ness... like she is simply angry at being denied, and the value of what she is bulldozing through is not that important, she may even be aware it's a terrible idea, but being denied is too much to bear and that's what puts her into high gear.

It was also interesting to see her totally different demeanor when she was asking her mom the huge favor of co-signing.  She was all "teehheeeeheee" and "it's just a piece of paper" like it's totally inconsequential.

I am dying of curiosity as to what mom thinks now that she has seen how Precious Nicole was behaving in Morocco.  I hope it reinforced her resolve at not sponsoring this madness.

• Love 20

Honestly Chantal's parents looking over the pre nup before the wedding was not tactful but look at it from their position. Chantal told them she is marrying a guy they barely know that barely speaks English just a week prior. Then on the day of the wedding they get a call last minute it is happening. Chantal and Pedro were not being considerate of her family's feelings and had the nerve to be upset when the family did not show much happiness. It doesn't excuse their tactless behavior that night but I get it.

• Love 3

Nicole is an someone who makes me want to rage and throw shit at the telly. Her sense of entitlement is astonishing. If you keep taking off for weeks at a time, you won't have that sliver of income at all, so your mum will be taking care of two children--you and May--and a grown arse man. You want your mum to take on being responsible for this man for ten years, and she's never met him. And you want her to be okay after all the presumable lies you said about him telling you to lose weight and shut the eff up. What parent in their right mind would ever agree to that crap? The icing on this cake? You want to drag your two year old across the bloody world to meet some random man. Talking about he loves her. The first thought that crossed my mind was, "This child* is out of her mind. He doesn't even love you. Let alone your child." I swear I want to dish out kidney and liver punches, and I'm not even violent. That poor child is a going to be used as a bargaining chip for her petulant, manipulative, mean-spirited disrespectful woman-child of a mum. She might block her mum from seeing May if she doesn't agree. If I ever talked to my mum the way she talked to her mum, I probably wouldn't still be standing. 

Narkiya better not marry that sleazy, scheming scammer. This roach told you his son's mother was dead. That alone is rage worthy. The lack of respect displayed for the woman who carried and mothers his child inexcusable. There's no way he's a prince. Prince of Bullshitlandia, maybe. I don't like that she smashed the ice cream in his face. Now, that was uncalled for. 

The women this season seem to have abusive qualities about themselves, and it's not cool at all. Get mad but keep your hands to yourself, dude. Assault isn't where it's at in any form. Nicole pushed Azan. Narkiya shoved the ice cream cone in Lowo's face. Anfisa gets off on vandalising Jorge's property and just being a nasty piece of a work. At first I thought he was into the whole masochism thing, but now looking at how defeated he looks....yeah, I don't think so.

Jorge looks like someone who is in a toxic relationship and doesn't know how to get out. She does what a lot of people know as "love bombing." She reminds me of a sociopath in that aspect. She thrives off having control, and when she doesn't have it, she love bombs him via constant communication/actions by changing passwords, wiping out his phone, cancelling flights, texting obsessively, calling back to back, pinging the phone, and what it does is, overwhelms him and allows her to gain the upper hand. He seems to have no friends. Even if their faces were blocked out, who is in his corner aside from his three sisters? Messed up situation for sure. I hope they didn't married. When she walked off the stage in the tell-all commercial, she wasn't wearing a ring, and I think he purchased the engagement ring at least.

I just can't with Chantel and Pedro. He deserves better. She grates on my nerves like Hilary from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. All the eye-rolling and griping about not having her dream wedding...shut up. You could've had it, but you decided to lie for no clear reason. 

I could not read this without laughing. The people on this thread need to go into comedy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

I'm reading that in my head as the Chandler/Friends/Pivottttt "Shut up shut up shuuhhhhhh uggghhhpppppp" and a gif of that should be on loop in the lower right of all of our television screens when Chantal is on.  

• Love 4

As a few other posters have already said, watching this show is physically and mentally damaging to the viewer.   I also agree with the poster who said May should be removed from that stupid idiot she was stuck with as a mother.

Just looking at the participants (excluding Alla) is enough to hurl.   TLC, do a humane act and put Narkiya and Nicole on 600 Life.  Find them a shrink with a sledge hammer.

Jorge could snap and pull an Indle King.

• Love 9

Anfisa is playing the "long" game here.  Jorge is the short.   Jorge is her bridge to America and once here, she'll go for another mark, most likely a small business owner with lots of cash and a divorced man, lost in search of pretty young thing.   Whenever Anfisa is challenged with anything, she runs or she shuts down.   A confident woman doesn't do that.   She has Jorge fooled with sex and affection.   These are the only things I could see she has to offer.   To someone starved for affection/attention as Jorge, she's the holy grail.   Jorge comes from a very dark and lonely place.   His sisters are easy on the eyes, even with a couple of pounds over.   But Jorge was one of those guys who couldn't get a date in High School or college, and now that he has the mean$, he's putting it out there for all his high schools friends that he has made it and he can get a girl like that.   (I'm not saying Anfisa is a trophee, quite far from it) but to someone like Jorge, she is that.  And yes, she is a classic case of Narcissistic personality disorder, symptoms include "...have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism"

Anfisa keeps pushing for new limits.  In her mind she's calculating, how far to the edge can I take this guy?   I'm going to break him down and rebuild him as I want to.   She disrupts Jorge's calls on his iPhone while he is doing business and scratched "idiot" on his car.   Those are almost clinical examples of her problems.    Anfisa is just a very small and simple minded little girl (as bad as Nicole) and Jorge is a pawn on her game.

Jorge needs to stop flashing all that cash and being smart about it.  I hope his sisters pick up on this and advise him right.  By the way, I bet that Jorge's upbringing was upper middle class.   You can see from his sisters demeanor, that they were raised with a bit of common sense.   Jorge also has some brains and may have the connections and the product to become a multi millionaire, but he completely lacks emotional intelligence.

Chantal is despicable.   I was disturbed by the way his family treated Pedro only caring about the damn prenup.   I think it's real now and it may have to do with an inheritance.  But there's ways to go about doing those things.   There's a time and place for everything.   And the middle of a ceremony is just NOT the place to discuss prenups.   Chantal truly went wrong about this whole thing.   Lies always have a way of mucking things up.

The drama of Matt's friend Patrick is getting old.  I wish he was single and that Alla's sister would just whip him the way Anfisa has whipped Jorge.   How I love to see loud men be reduced to little mice by the power of love and lust.

Note to Pedros everywhere:   when you move to another city, state or country, have a plan of what you want to do with your life.  Don't let inertia or other people determine what you want to do with your life.   Pedro is in his mid 20s and acts like a 14 year old.   At that time, you should know if you want to be a plumber or banker or a teacher or a broker.  Get your shit together and then get married.    Being attractive is more than just looking good.  

I reiterate that Chantal is also playing a long game of getting on TV for a show or becoming an actress.   Look at the disparity between her and her sister and brother.  She's obviously had plastic surgery in her face, her body and her breast.   If she truly wants to pursue TV, she needs to work on her face, she needs to hit the gym on a daily basis and needs to take acting classes.   I have trouble understanding how people have wishes of entering a line of work, but do nothing in terms of training and educating themselves.   

Someone else said that Nicole is being groomed to be this season's Danielle.  I second that.   She's beyond pathetic but her actions elicit the exact feelings the producers want.   You want to reach through the TV and strangle her or smack some sense into her.   So she started this "relationship" and goes from "meeting him on an app" to calling him my fiance.   Even the attorney tells her that additional contact (trips) are necessary to prove her case.   She had no idea bringing Azan required her to have an income and to pay an attorney to do so.   By the way, the process is straight forward and there are forums online that can help you complete the entire process.   But Nicole is the only barista that can muck up a cup of coffee so she definitely needs an attorney.   Notice how Nicole has no one else in her life (aside mother and brother) who can advise her.    This highlights the importance of having a group of friends who call you out on things.   Nicole has no "system".   I read years ago that dating consists of a series of exchanges and disclosures that allows both parties to learn about each other.   Nicole cannot compress this on a 4-week trip.   Worse than all that, she has no one who can tell her she has more growing up to do and she has no way to see herself next to a group of peers.    This is why is so important to pick and to have a solid group of friends. 

I'm sorry if I veered off the subject of the forum but this show -- as dumb and insipid as it is sometimes -- allows for reflection and to spot personality traits important to keep in check.

• Love 7

In the final scenes at the restaurant, Anfisa looked drugged. It made me wonder if Jorge slipped her some Xanax before they went out.

Nicole's mom & sister need to start building a case documenting all of Nicole's bad decisions, and go for full custody of May. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Snewtsie said:

In the final scenes at the restaurant, Anfisa looked drugged. It made me wonder if Jorge slipped her some Xanax before they went out.

Nicole's mom & sister need to start building a case documenting all of Nicole's bad decisions, and go for full custody of May. 

Hell, her 16 yr old brother would be a more suitable parent.  He has more sense in him than Nicole ever will.

• Love 11

Nichole needs to go to Morocco alone and stay there, leaving her daughter at home with her sister.   That poor child will be better off.  

Doesn't Jorge think to call the airlines to make sure there is a flight available before he leave?   $10k for a ticket?  Are you serious.  How is Anfisa traveling?  First class?   I'd buy her a coach one way ticket, leave her at the airport and drive away.  I say the whole thing was staged.  

Chantels parents are worried about Pedro getting her inheritance?   I don't know the law in Florida but where I live, a spouse is not entitled to the other spouse's inheritance after a divorce.  A prenup is not needed for that.  Plus if Chantel is grownup enough to get married, she should be grownup enough to tell her parents to pound sand regarding the prenup.  Run Pedro.  Run. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Frazzle said:

You may be right, but I honestly get the vibe that Patrick doesn't even like Matt. He just seems to bully him under the guise of "looking out for him." Dude's a dick, plain and simple, and Matt is the kind of person who will come back again and again like a kicked puppy.

Agreed. There's no love or concern in his voice or manner. Just arrogance. That whole show of sitting alone at the bar with his back to everyone at the rehearsal dinner? Matt should have either ignored him or told him in no uncertain terms not to come to the wedding.

Does anyone even say that "if anyone here knows of an impediment to this man and woman being joined, speak now or forever hold your peace" business at weddings any more? And Pat, honey, its not "does anyone object". Its asking if anyone there has proof that one of the parties is married already, or they're brother and sister, or some legal impediment. Not if some butt hurt friend isn't getting enough attention. Sheesh. This is a grown man!

12 hours ago, Northernlights said:

I can't get over what a f'd up mess Nicole is!  Are people seriously that f'ing stupid?  Overgrown dim-witted toddler.  Seriously?  I could have a little sympathy for her except for her entire attitude.  Poor May.  God I hope Nicole's family takes an active role in that sweet little girl's life.

"But Moooooom!" like she was refusing to buy her a pair of earrings at the mall.

2 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Pedro deserves so much better than Chantel. Not once did she express any concern about him throughout this process. She lied, she let her family blame him, and she didn't seem happy at all during the ceremony. 

I felt terrible for Pedro. Chantel was so rude and snappish and downright mean to him. And then her family shows up, all in black like they're going to a funeral. When the mother asked to review the pre-nup I almost fell over. Way to be classy there, Karen. They treated Pedro like he was a piece of furniture. Were we supposed to feel all melty and "awww" when titty baby River showed up and deigned to shake Pedro's hand? Cause I didn't.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Snewtsie said:

For the nth time -- Nicole is not going to lose custody of her child because she is an idiot.   Making bad decisions not grounds for losing custody.   You have to have "extraordinary circumstances" such as prolonged drug use, being gone for months (not just 5 weeks every so often) at a time, or being incarcerated before you lose custody.    Just being an idiot is not enough.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Oh, please. That's like people who get so grossed out at the thought of borrowing a spouse's toothbrush. Think what else they have shared with their mouths.  

I kiss my wife with no problems, but I can't share a toothbrush with her or eat using a utensil she has used without first washing it. Strangely, I can drink from the same bottle or glass as she without any problems. Some people just have these little hang-ups and they (the hang-ups) don't necessarily make sense. In fact, when I first met my wife, I had very complicated rules about what kinds food could touch what other kinds of food on my plate. And some of those rules still apply. For example, beets can't touch anything else on my plate, except potatoes. In fact, I'll generally not take beets on my plate until I can make them the only thing on my plate because I don't want beet juice to touch anything else on my plate (except the aforementioned potatoes, which is fine). It used to be that only corn, peas, and beets could touch my potatoes, but I didn't want corn and peas to touch whatever meat was on my plate. Potatoes could only touch steak, not chicken or turkey (even at Thanksgiving), and gravy was never allowed on anything except potatoes. Deviled eggs still can't touch anything else on my plate, either. I've eased up on it quite a bit from when my wife and I started living together, at which time it was very strict and I simply wouldn't eat the foods that had commingled when they "shouldn't" have. (I would eat around the areas where they had commingled.) So, it may not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Everybody's different and some people can share their spouse's toothbrush. I am one of those who cannot.

• Love 8

TLC....do us a a favour and get all of these women and Jorge sessions with psychotherapists (or psychiatrists) who enjoy challenges and a minimum 12 month package of services with a life coach/mentor.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

For the nth time -- Nicole is not going to lose custody of her child because she is an idiot.   Making bad decisions not grounds for losing custody.   You have to have "extraordinary circumstances" such as prolonged drug use, being gone for months (not just 5 weeks every so often) at a time, or being incarcerated before you lose custody.    Just being an idiot is not enough.

Thank you!

• Love 2

I kiss my wife with no problems

I wasn't talking about kissing.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

When Jorge pulled out the wad of cash and said, "It's a little under $10K, should be enough to buy a ticket," was I the only one that immediately googled flights from LAX to Moscow? You can get a nonstop, direct for under $1K, btw.

Yeah, and the rest was for Anfisa to squirrel away in that LV bag. For her trouble. As one does.

• Love 5

I think Jorge was going to give her the whole $10k wad. Who knows?

Yay for Nicole's mom for not giving in and being the voice of reason, BUT...somewhere in Nicole's upbringing she was allowed to get away with acting like that in my non-professional opinion.

I can't help to think that the fake prenup was signed with an "X" by both of them. My husband and I don't have one so I don't know what is on them, but is there also a lawyer signature on one as a witness or something? Are they notarized? I can't believe Parents Chantal would be all, "Yes! This will do!" about it...fake, Fake, FAKE!

Hey, Matt. Put your bride to be first. Don't allow Patrick to come to your wedding if he says he doesn't know what he'll do.

• Love 5

If Nicole wants to do this no matter what anybody says, she is free to do so.   She is over 18 (chronologically).   But that means not asking mommy for money.   Nicole wants her way but she wants others to pay for it.   Like the immature child is (emotionally).

Lowo can say all those things about his "cultural" because who is going to challenge it?   Narkya the delusional?   

Jorge is being abused.   Who knows how many abusive relationships he's had before this.   Unfortunately, it is a common trait among abuse victims that they truly believe they can't do better or deserve to be treated this way.   So they just go from abusive relationship to abusive relationship until they finally get help to break the cycle.   If they ever do.

It's more than just Robbalee paying for the K1. If Azan comes over and racks up debt or crashes a car, whoever "cosigns" for the visa would be held responsible because Azan isn't working.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

I kiss my wife with no problems, but I can't share a toothbrush with her or eat using a utensil she has used without first washing it. Strangely, I can drink from the same bottle or glass as she without any problems. Some people just have these little hang-ups and they (the hang-ups) don't necessarily make sense. In fact, when I first met my wife, I had very complicated rules about what kinds food could touch what other kinds of food on my plate. And some of those rules still apply. For example, beets can't touch anything else on my plate, except potatoes. In fact, I'll generally not take beets on my plate until I can make them the only thing on my plate because I don't want beet juice to touch anything else on my plate (except the aforementioned potatoes, which is fine). It used to be that only corn, peas, and beets could touch my potatoes, but I didn't want corn and peas to touch whatever meat was on my plate. Potatoes could only touch steak, not chicken or turkey (even at Thanksgiving), and gravy was never allowed on anything except potatoes. Deviled eggs still can't touch anything else on my plate, either. I've eased up on it quite a bit from when my wife and I started living together, at which time it was very strict and I simply wouldn't eat the foods that had commingled when they "shouldn't" have. (I would eat around the areas where they had commingled.) So, it may not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Everybody's different and some people can share their spouse's toothbrush. I am one of those who cannot.

LOL...THANK YOU!  I was the one who made the sharing ice cream remark.  I also hate "wet" food and mouth noises.  Hey, we all have our things, right?

• Love 3