Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Jorge's secret is that he deals in marijuana, which is not legal and the feds could sieze all his shit at any time.

I'm thinking he thinks he's some sort of modern day Scarface and his fiancee, Butterface Mcgee, is Michelle Pfeiffer.  

She is not, by the way. I think they are well suited, attractiveness-wise. It's great that he thinks she's so hot. She's very tech savvy, which sort of makes me think she's been to this rodeo before.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, millennium said:

As a transgender person (FWIW, I hate "trans" the way gay people hate "homo"), I can reliably tell you that many of my sisters would be pleased as punch to look like the fiancee.  

My cousin is trans (female to male) and he looks amazing! He does have some friends male to female who have really gone overboard with the facial plastic surgery....I thought they were beautiful to begin with....but then again....I am 50 and think that anyone who over does facial plastic surgery should just not go too far...I have female cousins who have had their lips and noses done so much that it's scary (Brooklyn, girl btw...its very popular)

• Love 1

Matt's friend Patrick is in love with him.  Every new marriage is a dagger in the heart and he cries out "Why not meeee???"

Its the only explanation for his garage tantrum.  Also, do guys really hang out in the garage in button down shirts and khakis?

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I think Jorge's secret is that he deals in marijuana, which is not legal and the feds could sieze all his shit at any time.

Mmm, I don't think so - he wouldn't go on teevee and risk that, would he? He's an idiot with his love life, but I don't think he'd risk the business that way lol.

I still think he's got one or more kids stashed away somewhere. And don't you know that his Russian hacker would make such a great Insta-Mom!

• Love 2

Waitamin-u-te!!! You mean to tell me I have to wait until September until the next episode? Balderdash! 

What is so disturbing about Jorge's fiancee is that she really only has ONE job - be pliant and sweet until she gets into the USA and gets the ring. But she can't even contain her crazy long enough for him to set foot in Russia. All over a stupid handbag that only depreciates in value. She already has a big fish on the hook, who has spend tens of thousands on her, why show him what a raging, vengeful bitch you are at damn near the finish line? She either is truly mental or has a bigger better fish on the hook to throw this one away so casually and crassly. Hell, maybe a delightful combo of the two. 

Seems like Anfisa fashions herself as a Kardasdian (eww, phooey) in the making. When they were on vacation and she had the selfie stick recording their kiss, her eyes had a hard time staying off the camera and engaging with her boyfriend. LOL!

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Its the only explanation for his garage tantrum.  Also, do guys really hang out in the garage in button down shirts and khakis?

They were at their car lot which I'm assuming has a shop to work on cars.  

4 hours ago, millennium said:

I don't want to foment a debate about the legitimacy or efficacy of marijuana, medical or otherwise.    Let's just say I'll believe in it when it's manufactured by trained medical and pharmaceutical experts, not people like Jorge who, like any drug dealer, seems to be in it for the mad cash.    As for being a stoner, he said growing pot has always been a hobby of his.   The only people I've ever known who grow pot were also users.  JMO.  YMMV.

I don't care what he enjoys in his spare time just like I don't care what color he is, his social status, who he marries, or what's between his legs. He's still a human being no matter his IQ and I think the one he's with is the most wretched I've seen yet on this show. It's so blatantly obvious that she's using him for money that I'm inclined to say, you're right, he must be partaking in his supply at least part of the time. I don't like the term "stoner" because taking a toke does not mean you smoke day and night constantly. Just because you don't know someone who doesn't smoke their own supply doesn't mean people don't exist who don't.

I don't want to debate either. The research is pretty solid and I hope everyone who feels the need to try medically studied natural alternatives to what the FDA is peddling one day will have the right to do so. The federal government has no right to stick their heads up all our asses over every aspect of our lives IMO. I was just saying what he's doing is not illegal. If you want it to be illegal then keep lobbying for change. As of now he's committing no crime and whether or not he's a smoker or uses oil for his own benefit shouldn't matter when talking about his mail order bitch of a bride. 

Agree to disagree, my friend. Let's bond over the guy's general stupidity.

• Love 13

When Jorge said they've been physically together for a total of a month, did he mean sex, or just the time he's been spending $70,000 on her? If they haven't been sleeping together yet, I'm betting on a colostomy bag.

Matt is this season's Mark. Trust me on this one.

I feel sad for Nicole also, she's going to be hurt in the end. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Because Jorge digs it, that's why!

I think this is the key. He loves it that his Princess is fiery, temperamental diva! Is he a modern day Petruchio, who will tame the shrew? Hahahahaha, of course not! If this schlub has ever read a book I'll eat my hat. He loves to show off how much money he has, and that he can land a gorgeous exotic queen.  It increases his status if he can keep her in style.

• Love 7

Jorge is an idiot. Who gives someone their Apple ID and password, someone they barely know? Now she has total control over him. All his contact info is gone...unless he was smart enough to back everything up to iCloud, but I doubt that. I bet he'll let her have his bank info as well and she'll clean him out. I need to find someone who'll spend $70K on me without living with them.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

Jorge is an idiot. Who gives someone their Apple ID and password, someone they barely know? Now she has total control over him. All his contact info is gone...unless he was smart enough to back everything up to iCloud, but I doubt that. I bet he'll let her have his bank info as well and she'll clean him out. I need to find someone who'll spend $70K on me without living with them.

I was thinking that too. I'm surprised she doesn't have his banking/credit card info already. She'll have to turn in her grifter card unless she gets her exquisitely manicured hands on it when she gets to the US. Who the hell gives out his phone and email passwords?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Waitamin-u-te!!! You mean to tell me I have to wait until September until the next episode? Balderdash! 

What is so disturbing about Jorge's fiancee is that she really only has ONE job - be pliant and sweet until she gets into the USA and gets the ring. But she can't even contain her crazy long enough for him to set foot in Russia. All over a stupid handbag that only depreciates in value. She already has a big fish on the hook, who has spend tens of thousands on her, why show him what a raging, vengeful bitch you are at damn near the finish line? She either is truly mental or has a bigger better fish on the hook to throw this one away so casually and crassly. Hell, maybe a delightful combo of the two. 

Sadly, plenty of women have learned that plenty of men get some kind of kick out of being treated badly - and the worse the women behave, the more the men chase after them. Though the same men will complain bitterly about American women being too "independent" - just like Jorge does.

It is a puzzlement, is it not?

• Love 4

I really feel like this season they are doubling/tripling down on the most ignorant and mean-spirited couples they can find. I was able to hate-watch/schadenfreude my way through previous seasons with an almost glee- but for some reason this time, it's literally: *cringe-no* COMMERCIAL BREAK *cringe-oh god why* COMMERCIAL BREAK.

That said, I'm kind of in love with Chantel in the most superficial of ways.

• Love 5

I think it is supposed to be really obvious that Jorge and Enfisa have some kind of arrangement going on between themselves, one that is of the temporary nature - he gets to have sex with a hot girl for a while and she gets entry to the US and lots of expensive gifts. I think that is the way they are looking at it so their relationship (or whatever it is) doesnt shock or outrage me. 

If I were Nicole's mother, Nicole wouldnt be on a TV show, preparing to fly across the world to bring a skeezy guy to marry her for a Visa. I would lock her in the house so she cannot get out and make her miss her flight. Then I would take her to a nutritionist, and work on getting her healthy. I would also spend lots of time with her and build her self esteem because GOOD L-RD this girl needs a self esteem boost, it saddens me watching her speak, it is so obvious. 

But I thought it was sweet that all of Nicole's parents and stepparents sit together for a BBQ without any drama. 

I like Chantel but I did not like the way she was dressed to go to the airport. Also, if he cant speak English very well and her Spanish is fairly elementary, how do they communicate ??!! On a prevous season there was a guy who also only spoke spanish but his fiance spoke perfect SPanish so it worked. Oh well, I guess it adds to the attraction. 

• Love 2

Has anyone seen any footage of Azan's arrival in the U.S.? Is too much to hope that TLC might make amends for the debacle that was Dani and Mo by making sure the Nicole/Azan fiasco doesn't reach the U.S.? 

I'm willing to bet that he doesn't make it.

Full disclosure, my wife and I were on a K-1 Visa so I've got a bit of background on the reality of the situation:
Basically, before the Visa is granted you have to do a number of things- one of which is spend time in person with your S.O. At that point, when you decide you want to get married you file for the K-1. At that point it's anywhere from 6-12 months before you get an interview at the embassy (Azan would have to go to the US Embassy in Morrocco) During which time you have to submit: Proof that you can financially support the immigrant, proof of relationship - which has to be fairly substantial, and lots and lots of other documentation. (A common misconception that this show propagates is that the K-1 Fiancee is a "Trial Run" the truth is that you are supposed to have your shit locked down before you even file for the Visa and the 90 days is just to settle and get your wedding done.

So with those timelines in mind, I'm pretty sure that it would be impossible for Azan to come within any reasonable time unless the production company started with them near the beginning of their relationship.

• Love 10

After watching the Danielle and Mohamed horror show, this Nicole and Azan story seems like "deja vu all over again" (thanks, Yogi).  Not sure I can avoid screaming at the TV this time around. I hope he doesn't make it, his intentions seem quite clear and not honorable.

• Love 4

Here is a stupid question. If Chantel's parents think that Pedro is just coming over to be an exchange student and just moving in with Chantel, what is Chantel's excuse for the camera crew? Documentary on girls who move out of their parent's home? Unless she is in out it with Chantel and acting dumb.

• Love 6

If I am going to be with a dude from another Country or Culture I sure as hell would look up how to act etc...

She didn\t even know where Morocco was! 

PDA are frowned upon and could he not tell she was "a little big" on the videos?

• Love 7

I think that Jorge's secret is that he's a virgin. No way has his Russian Hacker Princess had sex with him yet, so she doesn't know. (Maybe she's done other things with him?) She is dangling that carrot in front of him in order to get a ring, Coach bags, and a green card. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I think that Jorge's secret is that he's a virgin. No way has his Russian Hacker Princess had sex with him yet, so she doesn't know. (Maybe she's done other things with him?) She is dangling that carrot in front of him in order to get a ring, Coach bags, and a green card. 

ooh, good answer! I'll bet you're right. Holding out for marriage like a good girl, no doubt, and will be gone once she's in the U.S. to stay.

Guess that would negate my guess of his having children somewhere LOL!

54 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

I think the end of the Nicole/Azan romance will come--not when he discovers she's big, ignorant, lazy and needy-- but only if he discovers she doesn't have the money to bring him to the U.S. 

Where would she get the money?  She is her parent's dependent, and has a dependent of her own.  Is she working? 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Diamond Dog said:

Chantel is gorgeous, and could land a hot doctor who wouldn't stand her up. Most likely, the airport scene is a TLC derived storyline to create the drama. Pedro already irritates me. 

It was obvious that the airport scene was scripted because she arrived all tarted up but wore sensible flats. Nope. We know this girl would wear fuck-me-pumps for the real meeting. 

• Love 7

Toaster Strudel, does it strike you as odd that Nicole is the only one that has been filmed seeing her prince (gag) before the K1 app starts? Oh if only we'd seen Mo and Dani back in "Dohar"! I'm wondering if this one goes off the rails before she gets to sponsor him. I hope so. Also hope she doesn't come back from Morocco pregnant.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, realitymaven said:

Toaster Strudel, does it strike you as odd that Nicole is the only one that has been filmed seeing her prince (gag) before the K1 app starts? Oh if only we'd seen Mo and Dani back in "Dohar"! I'm wondering if this one goes off the rails before she gets to sponsor him. I hope so. Also hope she doesn't come back from Morocco pregnant.

I'm guessing it's Ramadan there too, so that ship ain't gonna sail. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It was obvious that the airport scene was scripted because she arrived all tarted up but wore sensible flats. Nope. We know this girl would wear fuck-me-pumps for the real meeting. 

Lol I think the flats were less for sensibility and more because she's a tall lady and her fiancé is a shorter man. My husband and I are the same height and I even wore flats to our wedding; they were designer Sophia Webster flats, but flats nevertheless ?.

She could do ALOT better than Pedro though, looks wise. She has a killer body and a pretty face... I kind of wonder if she was an "ugly duckling", if she took awhile to come into her own and didn't realize that she was gorgeous. Low self esteem can be a mutha. Also thought it was weird that she was just moving out at 25, but then again in this economy a lot of young people are taking longer to move out than in generations prior.

Was I the only one who was like "wait-what?" When she said she was working on her BSN at community college?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Was I the only one who was like "wait-what?" When she said she was working on her BSN at community college?

No you're not the only one who noticed, although I assumed she was doing her lower division work. I hope it's one where she gets the RN first at least. Maybe theirs is a love match, it's hard to say.

The speculation about Jorge and Anfisa not having slept together yet is interesting. That could be.

And he spent $70k on her and he drives what looks like a Honda? Anfisa can't be seen driving around in a Honda!

• Love 6

Just because Chantel is attractive doesn't mean she is all 'that'.  She may attract a lot of men but her personality, worldview, character may not appeal to them after an initial attraction.  It will be interesting to watch her story develop as it seems like due to the language barrier that the attraction was physical but now that they will be living with each other a fuller story will develop.

I missed the first half of the episode, but am excited for the upcoming season!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

I'm still holding out for a colostomy bag, or he's sterile....and yes, might be a virgin. I can hear the dramatic music building as he spills the beans.

I'd wear flats to the international terminal at ATL. Those floors are as slick as owl shit. And Pedro's short.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Just because Chantel is attractive doesn't mean she is all 'that'.  She may attract a lot of men but her personality, worldview, character may not appeal to them after an initial attraction.  

The only red flag that went up for me was when Chantel said "I want to be treated like a princess."   So maybe she is more self-aware than we suspect, and has expectations and standards that may be entirely over the top, like what's-her-face from last season who insisted her fiance become a model. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

And he spent $70k on her and he drives what looks like a Honda? Anfisa can't be seen driving around in a Honda!

Next episode previews shows him in something that looks pretty darn fancy. 

• Love 3

It suddenly occurred to me what's different this season and why, perhaps, it's even trainwreck-ier than ever.  Did ANY of these couples meet in real life first? 

I'm reading through last season's recaps and at least three couples met each other in person and then began a romantic relationship...Melanie and Devar (she was on vacation), the Mormons (he was doing his mission in Russia) and Alexei and Loren (she was on a birthright trip to Israel).  The New Orleans couple connected first online, I think, and then met in Thailand, but I'm a little confused by their story. 

The four S4 couples that were profiled on the special all met online, through one forum or another, and since the preview included one half of the fifth couple saying her fiance CATFISHED her, I have to assume they did too. 

It's always felt like the couples that met in real life from earlier seasons (Danny and Amy, Chelsea and Yamir, for example) were a bit more sincere...some of them were trainwrecks too and there's always drama, but at the heart of it were people who were genuinely attracted to one another on every level and were willing to go to great lengths to be together.  And I feel like it's going to be missing this year.

• Love 1

I was thinking about this (why do I waste my time?). I am wishing Fernando's mom from season 3 can slap some sense into Jorge, Nicole and Matt. Or at least make her snide comments after watching each episode.

• Love 4

It suddenly occurred to me what's different this season and why, perhaps, it's even trainwreck-ier than ever.  Did ANY of these couples meet in real life first

Yes it's a requirement for getting a K-1 visa. What this show does (badly) is make it seem like some have never met.  I think Nicole is one exception, as we are going to be shown her first meeting and the time they spend together in Morocco. You know, that country she's never heard of.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Yes it's a requirement for getting a K-1 visa. What this show does (badly) is make it seem like some have never met.  I think Nicole is one exception, as we are going to be shown her first meeting and the time they spend together in Morocco. You know, that country she's never heard of.

They have trying hard to push the fake trial marriage angle. The problem is another network already is airing marriage at first sight, without worrying about the US government prosecuting them for visa fraud. The recruitment pitches before the third season were asking for couples willing to be filmed on their initial meeting so by now we have those who are cast before they have met in person and are being filmed doing a letter of the law to petition trip on their way to marry on day 89 after the issue of a visa and entry into  the US.

I'm a fan of the show because, well, who doesn't like a train wreck?  What I will never get is what's the hurry?  My husband is from England & we did the long-distance relationship thing for at least 10 years before one of us took a leap of faith & moved.  (He did.)  This was before skype & facetime, even at the very beginning of the internet so neither of us had email.  There were a LOT of phone calls, letters, and vacations in both countries.  We hadn't spent more than 2 weeks in a row together when he came to California, so we had the same worries & doubts that these people do, about what normal workaday life would be vs. fun, vacation time.  But at least we felt we'd got to know each other pretty well!

• Love 5

I get that they all have to have been together in person before applying for their K-1 visas.  But all of these couples (I think) first "met" online, through a computer.  The previous seasons featured at least a few couples that became acquainted in more natural spontaneous ways, in real life, before embarking on a relationship.  I'm not slamming online relationships, I'm just saying that we don't have any couples this year who didn't initially meet online, if that makes sense. 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2016 at 7:29 PM, Christi said:

Soooo the girl with the 2 year old has a seemingly nice, big and well adjusted family...unlike whatsherface from ladt season...  Um..why havent they locked her in a basement??. ....like...literally.  I would threaten to call cps or something...no joke...this is awful and they just sit there all southern, drinking sweet tea

What disturbs me about this is I am sure money is tight for that young woman (they looked like normal people and she looked like every random teen mother out there)  and this foray into marriage to a stranger in a strange county has got to cost some serious dough.  I see that as money taken from the care and feeding of that child.  Does she support herself or do we do it for her?  It makes me a bit stabby.  If you are an adult with no children do whatcha want.  When you have kids they should be your priority.  Not picking up some dude from a foreign land and sponsoring his immigration.  The 5K from the show won't help much at all.

• Love 15
On 8/23/2016 at 4:51 AM, millennium said:

I don't want to foment a debate about the legitimacy or efficacy of marijuana, medical or otherwise.    Let's just say I'll believe in it when it's manufactured by trained medical and pharmaceutical experts, not people like Jorge who, like any drug dealer, seems to be in it for the mad cash.    As for being a stoner, he said growing pot has always been a hobby of his.   The only people I've ever known who grow pot were also users.  JMO.  YMMV.

He doesn't strike me as a stoner and I think his occupation is just as legit as a craft beer maker, vintner, or other spirit creator.  He IS an idiot with old school sensibilities regarding women.  His intended is going to take him for everything he is worth.  

Unless they are experts in horticulture it would be crap product.  I know growers and some don't even smoke it.  They like the growing aspect and creating new hybrids.  As someone who has a disease helped by it, I am glad it is there.  I worked at a police dept and 2 officers had parents with cancer.  They tried the pharmaceutical THC and it did not work.  They both got their parents the real thing. 

• Love 11