Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

We decided it must be a pawn shop.  Not that there's anything terribly wrong with getting one's rings there, but I wonder whether the first three Mrs. Matts got pawnshop rings.  

She might of picked out one of the ex's rings. 

• Love 3

Chantel is an immature little twat.  She boned a guy in the Carribbean, got engaged, lied to her family, now she can't own up to her decisions.  She obviously just wants the wedding, not the marriage.  I love how she washed dishes, then gave Pedro the vacuum and said she needed a break so she went out with Gigi.    BTW, Pedro saying "family Chantel" and "father Chantel" is because in Spanish you say, "el padre de Chantel" and "la familia de Chantel" so he is translating it literally.  There is no apostrophe in Spanish.  I think it's cute, and I think he's picking up more English than she is Spanish.

Matt is a doofus.  But I did like when he played War with Max, and looked up the translation of the word.

What foundation of a relationship do Jorge and Anfisa have?  (Actually, what foundation do any of them have?) They don't even like each other, it's so obvious. 

• Love 4
On 2016-10-04 at 2:20 PM, seacliffsal said:

I think that Nicole is a master manipulator.  She probably learned that if she whined, pouted, had a temper tantrum, and talked over others that she would get what she wanted.  Her parents may have babied her and sheltered her when she stated that others were mean to her, etc., so she has the expectation that she will get what she wants.  And, I think that she is so used to getting what she wants that when she can't manipulate a situation she lashes out as when she shoved Azan because he wasn't giving her what she wanted.  I do not think she has a mental disability, I think she is completely self-centered and used to manipulating others to achieve what she wants.  I also think Azan is getting more than he bargained for which delights me to a degree as he probably thought he would be able to manipulate her in order to get to the U.S.

How sheltered could she have been having gone with another guy online moving to texas getting pregnant and ho back home cause he wanted nothing to with her... then cheats with another dude before morrocco.. i wouldnt calm that selfish i would say young and slutty... on top of that did you see her face the 1st day with azan on the terrace it was like sex in her eyes she would have slept with him on the tsble next to his friend if she could...

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Hamburger Earmuffs said:

Every good story needs a compelling villain AND hero. Unfortunately this season is nothing but villains. You always should have someone to root for in these scripted reality shows. Who are we supposed to cheer for? The closest one has to be Alla who is willing to put up with an oblivious, insecure man-child so she can give her child a better life. Mothers are supposed to sacrifice for their children and that is what she is doing. A noble person.

No one else is even close.

Matt- Has not enough emotional maturity yet, and probly never will. Wanting to suck in another poor woman to be controlled as wife number 4. Unable or unwilling to provide the adult emotional stability needed for a healthy relationship.

Anfisa- This seasons Big Bad, honest about wanting to suck another person dry for their money, but a vampire is still a vampire albeit with collagen lips.

Jorge- Emotionally immature (notice a trend). Willing to go bankrupt so someone marginally attractive will be with him, even if they tell him straight up that they are using him. Could do lots of good things with all that money. Probly wants to be cuckolded.

Pedro & Chantel - Just searching for a good looking lay.

Azan - Not the vile, evil person that Mo is but still taking advantage of a child who is much less attractive than he is.

Nicole- Obviously not intelligent and has severe emotional problems, which is bad in itself but she also appears to be a terrible mother and that is unacceptable.

Catfish couple- Dont know much but who has sympathy for someone falling for the Nigerian scams?

What kind of money does Jorge have that he can afford a $48, 000 wedding dress ?

Edited by stillhere1900

One thing the show does get is that you are not just paying thousands in government fees and airfare. There are going to be a lot of expenses in that wedding run up. Being on TV and not just an immigrant without friends and family to put on a local show wedding for does lift the price so the spouse isn't seen as cheap when the show airs back in the old country.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Also, I'm curious to know how he was going to send her a photo of his phone. How do you take a picture of your phone with your phone?

Especially if the phone was supposedly STOLEN!  I just figured Lowo (I can't even pronounce that!) was on his computer when he called her but what would taking a picture of his phone prove anyway? Oh, that's right, she made him produce a dirty plate to prove he had just eaten lunch. The Nigerian Prince sure appears to be a smooth talker and gifted liar. Maybe that's why the couple joined the show so late in the game, and Narkiya is going to wise up before this doomed relationship goes any further. 

• Love 1

When Nicole tossed herself on the floor pouting, mom should have told Azan to come inside and closed the door on her. No reason he couldn't go back online and find a new, less ridiculous American blonde to get him into the States.  What grown woman does that shit??  Was she going to hold her breath til she turned blue? Silly ass.

Also, the tile in their hallway is amazing!

• Love 16

Ehhh taking a picture of your phone is not a big deal, you borrow someone else's phone, you take the picture and you send it to your email account.    It's how I get text messages in my court cases.   But the fact that this woman KNOWS he lies, and just wants to have him prove things because she can't trust him is the bigger problem.    Basically, she's needs to listen to Meghan Trainor and then say "bye, bye, bye."   Find a guy who only lies about whether she looks fat in that dress.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think Pedro understands English more than he's letting on. He even admitted that when dodging the questions from Father Chantel.

I thought the 45K dress was not all that. Maybe on someone else it would have looked ok but on Anfisa it didn't, maybe it's because she always has that same dead look on face all the time

I'm glad the camel survived and wasn't injured. 

Alla doesn't seem like she's into Matt at all, she always gives him the side eye like 'really asshole' everytime he says something. 

The catfish couple are boring. How can she not see he's scamming her? 

You'd think that trying wedding dresses would make her even slightly happy. I've never met a single woman that wasn't happy while trying wedding dresses on. Even the most tomboy, would never put a dress on in a million years was thrilled. I think Anfisa is an alien in a woman's body. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think they will likely get married. I like Pedro a lot; he seems like a star up guy, and he's cute. My husband was born in the Caribbean and is a native Spanish speaker, though he was fluent in English by the time I met him, so maybe that's why I have a soft spot for Pedro. I can see their attraction is pretty mutual, but I do question how ready she is for marriage if she's got to lie to her folks about their circumstances.

I think Pedro is a cutie pie too, and seems nice.  

Was anybody else half expecting Azan to murder her out in the desert?  He was so gleeful!!  Nobody?  Just me then?  

Just kidding.  But sometimes I get the impression that he really likes her and that he seems really decent.  Am I crazy?

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 6

Y'all have me laughing so hard that I'm crying.   Between Honey Boo Boo, no animal being hurt during filming and the white mold wedding dress, I'm dying.  Nicole sitting like a blob on the floor was a problem but the tile was nice just put me over the edge. Too funny!! Thanks, you guys. Have a great day.  :)

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Rudolf said:

$45,000 dress looks like it was assembled by shooting random lace scraps out of a canon.

I wish I could find a full length photo, but just the top will have to do. To me, the gown looks like it's covered with dried cracking globs of toilet paper. (Am I seeing those ginormous nips again?) And she goes into the salon asking for something sleek and sexy but then changes her mind and goes for a totally different look--the full skirted gown and tiara--based strictly on it being the most expensive dress in the store. 

821790_Day_Fiance039_Anfisa_Says-97987cf

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3

I don't mean to monopolize the conversation but I agree with the theory that Azan is tolerating Nicole because his family has agreed that she will be their ticket to American wealth. Immediately after that awkward first meeting, when Nicole asked Azan if his mother liked her, he reassured her that, "She LOVES you!" Of course she does (cha ching!) and Azan isn't going to jeopardize the family's dream by not marrying her no matter how much he is repulsed. And a totally random thought, I was wondering about the bathroom facilities out in the Sahara. I can't imagine Nicole peeing (or worse) behind a sand dune.

I also second the motion that Chantel and Pedro should just go somewhere and get married to satisfy the 90 day rule (why can't the Bishop marry them privately) and then sometime in the future have the big wedding she's always dreamed of. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Especially if the phone was supposedly STOLEN!  I just figured Lowo (I can't even pronounce that!) was on his computer when he called her but what would taking a picture of his phone prove anyway? Oh, that's right, she made him produce a dirty plate to prove he had just eaten lunch. The Nigerian Prince sure appears to be a smooth talker and gifted liar. Maybe that's why the couple joined the show so late in the game, and Narkiya is going to wise up before this doomed relationship goes any further. 

And what embassy will sign off/ verify that via phone call ( unless there is some payola involved of course? :-$ ).Im not sure if I missed it but didnt his name pop up on her phone? If thats case, then he obviously was calling from his own phone.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Chantal looked amazing in all three dresses she tried on. 

I agree.  I think she's really a pretty young woman; now she just needs to stop twerking and bar hopping.

I do agree that Azan's family sees Nicole as their ticket to the USA.  I can see all of them coming over once Azan and Nicole are married.  Props to Nicole for getting on that camel; I really didn't think she'd do it.

Listening to Pedro's struggle English and try to have conversation is just so damn painful. I feel so very sorry for all Chantal's family members who are trying to engage in conversation with him.  Even though her dad hasn't been on screen all that much - he is easily one of the nicer and more reasonable parents I've seen on this show. He seems to be truly concerned for his daughter and wants her taken care of.  Don't wanna get too deep into this but I have to mention that I rarely get to see black women be protected on my screen so I appreciate the inclusion of this black nuclear family. 

Amen to this Islandgal140.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, kktullius said:

Watching the scenes with Nicole and Azan make me cringe... Nicole is so uneducated and narrow-minded.  azan's intentions confuse me because he really does seem like a nice and genuine guy?

nicole in a nutshell:  I swear it's like seeing into Honey Boo-Boo's future. 

I too am confused about Azan's intentions. He seemed so excited and nervous to meet her and seems the same way about the camping trip and ring. I haven't noticed a single quality in Nicole that makes me go 'Aww, I can see why he fell in love with her'. She's a walking billboard for selfish ignorance and while cute-ish in the face, she has zero sex appeal. I tried to picture them in an intimate embrace and couldn't do it. Not without laughing anyway. I think I dislike her more than any other member of the show so far.

• Love 9

I think Anfisa is a materialistic, extremely vain person.  There is no pussy on this planet worth that amount of money.  Jorge, please, see her for what she is.  A high class whore who would never give you a second glance - because she has convinced herself that she is hotter than any American woman (NOT) and that your pathetic ass does not get it.  She got it right on one point.  Now come on!  Have you never had sex before?? She's not all that honey!  She is not attractive, she is vain, she is a money hungry bitch.  And she admits all this!  Some people say that because she admits it, it's ok. No sorry it just backs up my truth. When she whines that she left the wonderland that is Russia for the US?  You're one-word response should be BYE. If it's so wonderful back there - then go back.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Was anybody else half expecting Azan to murder her out in the desert?  He was so gleeful!!  Nobody?  Just me then?  

Just kidding.  But sometimes I get the impression that he really likes her and that he seems really decent.  Am I crazy?

You aren't alone but he may just be a very, very good actor!

• Love 1

I have no idea who that girl in the article's screencap is, but I have one question for her: why are you trying on wedding dresses when you haven't washed your hair? I've got long hair, I know that look.

• Love 1

Anfisa...what can I say? Fake lips, fake hips, fake nips...the only thing real about her is her entitled bitchery.  45,000 bucks for a dress for what will likely be a registry office wedding?

Then her talking head,. "I think he lie to me...he said I could have whatever I want".  Most men are happy to give their wives/girlfriends what they want on the proviso that they can afford it, which isn't always necessarily right now.  She's acting like the daughter of an oligarch, which she's clearly not. And she's using the show to launch a modeling career.  Sorry, Anfisa, you aren't all that. My husband went as far to say that she's not even that pretty to look at and that her fake duck lips really make her look even worse. I can tell you that I'm no raving beauty, either, so if my husband thinks she's gross....

Matt and Alla..I just can't deal with his family and friends. Matt is far too insecure for her. Alla seems to be going through with this to give her son a better life here.  Having been once married to a horrible controlling jerk, I have tended since to pick out beta males, since I found them less threatening.  My husband is gentle and kind, seldom raises his voice, and often prefers to go along with most of what I want to do....he's not a leader or a planner (but I make sure he gets a say in everything) , but we manage to work very well as a team.  Maybe Alla was married to a drunken pig who slapped her around, or he was a controlling jerk. Perhaps Matt makes her feel safe, and he'd likely be able to be a good husband, but he has demonstrated a passive aggressive and unpleasant side of his nature for the cameras, which is a huge red flag.

Nicole and Azan...OMG...whoever said Nicole was Honey Boo Boo all grown up nearly made me spew out my coffee. However since Honey Boo Boo is only like 10 years old, I can't wish the same fate on her that Nicole has experienced.  Just hope that Mama June squirreled away that TLC money so HBB can go to college and not get knocked up at an early age.  Nicole's crying scene with the family was pitiful.  I could see how disproportionately large she was all scrunched up like that. An English speaking relative seems to have finally talked some sense into her, but just when she finally bought off on the holding hands only, he whisks her away to a tent for the two of them.  I can only imagine the drama that comes next week. I hope TLC will update us on the camel.

Pedro and Chantal...Chantal is so shallow and immature, and making poor Pedro complicit in her machinations and leaving him to bumble when he can barely express himself was just...you don't do that to someone you love, mmmmkay? I understand Spanish way better than I can speak it, which I'm sure that's where Pedro is with English.  I think he had to have someone explain the game to him in Spanish and that person was not Chantal. They make a pretty couple, though.  You've got 2 weeks to marry him and your family still isn't in the know? Gurl???

Narkiya and Lowo should be no go.  She seems she can do better all by herself than with that scam artist.  Anyone who wants to get laid that bad can surely find some local action....i can tell you this that if heaven forbid anything happened to my husband or my marriage, I know I'm not going to go that far for a piece of sausage. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Hamburger Earmuffs said:

Every good story needs a compelling villain AND hero. Unfortunately this season is nothing but villains. You always should have someone to root for in these scripted reality shows. Who are we supposed to cheer for? The closest one has to be Alla who is willing to put up with an oblivious, insecure man-child so she can give her child a better life. Mothers are supposed to sacrifice for their children and that is what she is doing. A noble person.

No one else is even close.

Matt- Has not enough emotional maturity yet, and probly never will. Wanting to suck in another poor woman to be controlled as wife number 4. Unable or unwilling to provide the adult emotional stability needed for a healthy relationship.

Anfisa- This seasons Big Bad, honest about wanting to suck another person dry for their money, but a vampire is still a vampire albeit with collagen lips.

Jorge- Emotionally immature (notice a trend). Willing to go bankrupt so someone marginally attractive will be with him, even if they tell him straight up that they are using him. Could do lots of good things with all that money. Probly wants to be cuckolded.

Pedro & Chantel - Just searching for a good looking lay.

Azan - Not the vile, evil person that Mo is but still taking advantage of a child who is much less attractive than he is.

Nicole- Obviously not intelligent and has severe emotional problems, which is bad in itself but she also appears to be a terrible mother and that is unacceptable.

Catfish couple- Dont know much but who has sympathy for someone falling for the Nigerian scams?

He may have a better looking physique, but his face leaves a lot to be desired whereas I think Nicole is cute/fairly attractive face (especially, I would guess, if she put more effort in her appearance, and I don't mean just slapping on 90lbs of makeup).  I don't get how she finds him "hot" at all, but to each their own.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

He looked gleeful indeed, but had he looked maniacal, I think we would have been very afraid. He's not going to off her in front of the camera. I think murder is a capital offense in Morocco, without the lengthy appellate process we have here.

• Love 3

Anfisa and Jorge - he is incredibly stupid.  She does not lie to him she tells him she will take him for everything.

Nicole and Azan - He clearly does not like her.  She clearly can't read a room.  Does she not notice that everyone else is covered up?  The clothing of the region is climate tested.  Longer vestments does protect you from the heat.  I think he does have sex with her because in his culture no girl will.  He just looks at her like he loathes her.  She is severely lacking in maturity, education and self respect.  Loved when Azan's cousin asked her if she even bothered to read up on the region she was going to.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, lallalla said:

He may have a better looking physique, but his face leaves a lot to be desired whereas I think Nicole is cute/fairly attractive face (especially, I would guess, if she put more effort in her appearance, and I don't mean just slapping on 90lbs of makeup).  I don't get how she finds him "hot" at all, but to each their own.

Nicole has a very pretty face and pretty skin, which despite her atrocious diet is nothing short of miraculous.  She must have good genes. Even though Middle Eastern men have a preference for bigger women (12 to 16 US being optimal), she's well beyond that.  I imagine she'd be quite a beauty if she got down to a smaller size to where she could be comfortable walking and doing light cardio. Her personality and gross immaturity is far more off putting to most people than anything else about her.  Maybe Azan sees her potential. I'd think a lot more of him if he helps her reach it. For all of her present shortcomings, Nicole has far more redeeming qualities than Anfisa can ever dream of having.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Hamburger Earmuffs said:

It being the season for Halloween......I found this just a PERFECT description.  I guess Mr. Spock was not the only one with green blood. 

15 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Regarding Chantel, I also don't understand why they couldn't get married at city hall and then have a big wedding later. If she had kept her trap shut about it, they might have even gotten away with not telling anyone they were already married. Or they do the city hall thing because of the 90-day time limitation and have a second wedding later (a la Loren and Alexei). Chantel seems like a drama queen.

Chantel is a thoughtless immature drama queen. Her meltdown over not having the fairy tale wedding of her dreams was ridiculous. A horse and carriage? Sweet tap-dancing Jesus. Honey, you only had three months to begin with! Do you really think the elaborate middle school girl's dream wedding you have in mind comes together that fast? I feel terrible for Pedro, actually. I think he's a nice guy who agreed to Chantel's harebrained scheme, not realizing that she wasn't going to make a clean breast of it as soon as he arrived. She put him in a very uncomfortable position, and I was cringing when he and Chantel's dad were together. I don't fault him, he couldn't admit the truth without throwing Chantel under the bus. Chantel let him twist in the wind and shows no remorse. Don't even get me started on her pouting and sulking while cleaning that tiny apartment. I could have the whole place spotless in 45 minutes. Why does a young fit woman need a break for after washing a couple of dishes?   

15 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Narkiya would have been better off time-sharing some local fuckboi than wasting a sec of time on whatshisface from Alabamvetigeria. This story is as ridiculous as the blatant lies he tells - with a stupid smile on his face no less. His phone was stolen, along with his ring and wallet. Sounds like one of those 2 for one lies - an excuse for not calling/returning calls and also asks for $ for a new phone. 

Why even take Anfisa to a Beverly Hills bridal salon just to ruin their couches with sweat stains as Jorge balks over the price of expensive ass wedding gowns? He said himself that she would want the most expensive one so.... what's the problem?!?! He knows she is a greedy, unrepentant, duck billed, cement faced filled money suck that is willing to bleed him dry and act like a petulant child when she doesn't get what she wants. At this point, I am like either pay up or STFU! I am officially bored of them. I would love to know exactly what he promised her though.

Narkyia is willfully deluding herself. You can feel Lowo's shiftiness right through the phone! His big cheesy grin is so phony and he doesn't lie convincingly at all. "oh, my phone was......stolen! that's it" She does not want to know the truth. Lowo will fleece her for every nickel she has. I hope the sex is worth it. 

Jorge didn't think that Anfisa would want the most expensive dress at a high end Beverly Hills bridal salon? Or he didn't think a wedding dress could cost a year's pay? 

• Love 8

Lowo definitely has the liar's grin. It's the "she bought it!" grin.

Nicole crying in the doorway of Azan's family home. They were so sweet and kind to her. It hurts me that she's using them to fulfill her bottomless hole of need. 

I cannot believe he is going to propose to her.  What a cluster.

Jorge said what he likes about Anfisa. It's a fetish. He likes that she's mean to him. Some dudes are into that. Of course, you can also find a just-as-attractive-as-Anfisa girl who is into that who won't demand a $10,000 a month allowance.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'd be willing to step on Jorge's balls in stilettos  and call him a dumb ass every day for... $5,000 a month? 

Come see me Jorge. We can make a deal.

Hahahahaha..I was going to say the same thing. What a putz.

• Love 7

Nicole and Azan's story is getting more and more bizarre to me. They are actually acting like a real couple having a genuine argument, and what is even more shocking is the way his mother and sisters seem to bond with her. Either this is the story of the season or Nicole and Azan are paid actors, and the show is trying to rebuild the American view of Muslims to repair the image that Mohammed gave. 

17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Nicole has a very pretty face and pretty skin, which despite her atrocious diet is nothing short of miraculous.  She must have good genes. Even though Middle Eastern men have a preference for bigger women (12 to 16 US being optimal), she's well beyond that.  I imagine she'd be quite a beauty if she got down to a smaller size to where she could be comfortable walking and doing light cardio. Her personality and gross immaturity is far more off putting to most people than anything else about her.  Maybe Azan sees her potential. I'd think a lot more of him if he helps her reach it. For all of her present shortcomings, Nicole has far more redeeming qualities than Anfisa can ever dream of having.

I agree. I think that if Nicole worked on herself, even just learning to love herself, just a little bit, she could grow up and be a likeable person. Perhaps she has been obese since childhood and was bullied. That's pretty traumatic and maybe has to do with how stunted her maturity is. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, NoeNoe said:

I too am confused about Azan's intentions. He seemed so excited and nervous to meet her and seems the same way about the camping trip and ring. I haven't noticed a single quality in Nicole that makes me go 'Aww, I can see why he fell in love with her'. She's a walking billboard for selfish ignorance and while cute-ish in the face, she has zero sex appeal. I tried to picture them in an intimate embrace and couldn't do it. Not without laughing anyway. I think I dislike her more than any other member of the show so far.

Did Nicole lick her fingers while eating tagine with Azan's family, and then went back for more? That seems like all kinds of wrong.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Nicole crying in the doorway of Azan's family home. They were so sweet and kind to her. It hurts me that she's using them to fulfill her bottomless hole of need. 

I hate that she's taking advantage of the kindness of Azan's family like this. Plunking herself in the doorway and sobbing, so she'd get hair pats and hugs. Sheesh. She's like a giant four year old. Azan's mother and aunts seem like kind and genuine women. Nicole should be ashamed of herself. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

They're using her just as much as she is using them. If Azan marries this toddler, the whole family can eventually end up in the US together.  The entire family banded together to console her because it's their mission to keep her happy at this point.  Nicole is in for a world of confusion and hurt once the tides turn. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

I agree. I think that if Nicole worked on herself, even just learning to love herself, just a little bit, she could grow up and be a likeable person. Perhaps she has been obese since childhood and was bullied. That's pretty traumatic and maybe has to do with how stunted her maturity is. 

I also considered that possibility.  And, it's no hard to guess that she probably was bullied as a child.  Once, you've been ousted from the pack, learning social mores becomes more of a challenge for those prevented from full participation in them. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

Did Nicole lick her fingers while eating tagine with Azan's family, and then went back for more? That seems like all kinds of wrong.

I dont know... no disrespect, but I heard that some middle eastern cultures put a large plate of food in the middle of the table and everyone digs in from that plate... thats how they were eating right ? maybe it promotes closeness but to me its just gross

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I didn't notice, but I do think she hoards food in her cheeks for late night snacks. Simple foods of course.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I hate that she's taking advantage of the kindness of Azan's family like this. Plunking herself in the doorway and sobbing, so she'd get hair pats and hugs. Sheesh. She's like a giant four year old. Azan's mother and aunts seem like kind and genuine women. Nicole should be ashamed of herself. 

I agree.  I was surprised how quickly she went from shoving Azan into the van to the sobbing helpless little girl.

• Love 4