Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Put A Ring On It / S06.E02: Tweet Tweet

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Of course Maci had the pregnancy test available. She knew damn well she was going to work on getting pregnant because it was the only way she could get Taylor to marry her sorry ass. She was probably testing herself on the regular and bought the mega size box of pregnancy test sticks.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I would like to add one thing: I do not know about Depression as a condition, meaning that I am unaware if in any case of depression you can talk yourself or work yourself out of it but...

I am a 49 year old widow as of a few months ago. My life is over. It was sudden, natural causes and I did not get a chance to say goodbye. When I tell you that the pit of grief you fall into is huge, I seriously am uttering an understatement. About a month after it happened, when I got home every day (coming in the door was an ordeal because he was no longer here), I began getting on an exercise bike with headphones on for a half hour or so. If I was in tears and feeling very emotional, I pedaled faster and stayed on longer. Some days it was 5 minutes, some days an hour. I noticed that it made me sleep a little better and I was not as lethargic as I had been. Of course, accompanying that was the guilt of thinking how dare you not be lethargic and miserable because this is a terrible thing! 

It is a hellish existence but I have a very small apartment mananged to get a stationary bike and a treadmill in here. Cate has a house. If she doesn't want to go out, put some equipment in the basement, fire up the music you like and force yourself to get on the bike. Tell yourself that if you don't want to do it that is okay, but you have to do 5 minutes. Then 5 turns into 10 and you might get into it. It might help her Maybe she is too far gone for self-help but I am just throwing that out there. I do know that once a tragic event or condition grabs you, it can very easily pull you down for the count if you let it. And again, once you decide not to let it, you have to play the "try not to feel guilty" game. 

I wish her luck but think this will be a lifelong issue for her as long as Tyler is around and torturing her. Maybe some exercise at home can provide at least something of a diversion of some kind. 

I am sending you virtual hugs.

I've suffered from clinical depression for almost a decade. I know that running has helped my depression a lot (along with talk therapy and anti-depressants).  I'm not saying that all Cate needs to do is exercise (a la Tom Cruise), but it might help or be part of a plan of attack. Plus, it may give her something to do without Tyler and time for herself. 

• Love 11
On 8/23/2016 at 9:25 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

OMG Tyler-who-has-never-had-a-job, STFU about needing "open concept" and having a couple of acres.  You sound like Kail dumping on her "starter home" that she lived in less than a year.  You wouldn't know open concept if it came up and bit you in the ass.  Too much HGTV viewing when other people your age are at work or school.

Oh, Tyler. I know "open concepts" are all the rage right now, but let me tell you....

As the parent of a toddler, they aren't that great. Yes, your house feels larger. Yes, it's nice to be able to sit in your living room and talk easily with whoever is in the kitchen area. BUT it doesn't work out that great as a parent of a young child. We bought a newer home with an open floor plan when I was pregnant with my first baby and as he's grown into a very "busy" toddler I've realized what a bad idea it is for young kids. You can't block off your kitchen/living room/dining area (whichever part you want blocked off) with baby gates. I have to constantly watch to make sure that our toddler hasn't ran off into the dining area to try to climb onto the table or flip a chair and I have to watch him like a hawk if there's anything in the oven for fear he'll go over and open it while it's hot (or try to climb into the dishwasher or grab a knife out of it). Sometimes I wish these rooms had the kind of doorways/ thresholds where I could just put up a baby gate. Especially now that I have an infant as well, it would make my life so much easier and low-stress. 

Just because it's trendy it doesn't mean it's practical. In my defense, I didn't have a small child yet when we bought the home and was unaware of why it wouldn't be practical. But Tyler has a toddler. He should know. Plus, if he's going to have a "large family," he should really think about that.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

Watching this episode, I was actually surprised that neither Catelynn or Tyler really talked about the adoption. I'm sure placing Carly and getting no therapy or familial support really messed with Cate's depression further, but I'm glad she's at least acknowledged that her issues started well before she even got pregnant the first time. Now if only she can be truthful about how much Tyler brings her down. 

• Love 9

Ugh, Maci's ring is hideous. I wonder how much that cost her? 
@Teapot, I get a bad vibe from Simon, too. He's not even good looking, lol. Matt is friggin' vile, though. 

• Love 6

I haven't watched the second episode yet, so I don't want to read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said but...

MACI WAS BLATANTLY PREGNANT IN THAT SHOT OF HER JUMPING ON THE BEACH.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Ziz said:

I haven't watched the second episode yet, so I don't want to read the whole thread so apologies if this has been said but...

MACI WAS BLATANTLY PREGNANT IN THAT SHOT OF HER JUMPING ON THE BEACH.

You will see her trying to hide her belly throughout. It does not work. You will see her pregnant belly.

• Love 7

Speaking of Maci's pregnancy...has she posted any pictures of her latest miracle child yet? I know people were speculating whether or not he has FAS due to her drinking, but I haven't seen any trace of him besides an Instagram photo that didn't show Maverick's face. 

• Love 3

I think there are a lot of layers to Catelynn's mental health issues.  Some are things that happened to her and some are things she's doing to herself.  I think part of her post Nova depression has to do with the adoption (aside from the normal range of emotions that come with that).  They get to have fun visits with Carly and get the highlight reel of her life.  They had no idea what the realities of parenting are.  I think they thought that when Nova was born, it would always feel like it did when they visited or heard about Carly, so it was likely anti-climatic.  I hope that Brandon and Theresa let her know that parenting any child is not all sunshine and rainbows and Carly is no exception.  That they also had to make great sacrifices to care for Carly.  I feel like C&T have unrealistic perceptions of Carly as this perfect child.  No matter how many kids they have, or how easy of a child they may have, none will live up to Perfect Carly.  Because Perfect Carly does not exist.  And no matter how many kids they have, it will not erase the guilt they feel for placing her for adoption, even though Carly dodged a bullet because of it. 

• Love 11

I have so many thoughts! Farrah's big boobed friend, oh goodness, those suckers were huge!! Farrah remains insufferable but I actually liked her (shocking) during the phone call with Amber. She was also surprisingly nice in congratulating Maci, though that could have been totally fake. I wonder if Farrah will be invited to the wedding?

So Amber and Matt are still engaged but called off the wedding? I'm hoping she will eventually come to her senses and dump his loser ass. Cousin Krystal is sticking with the weirdly spelled monikers. Hello Leightun!!

Why even bother showing us Ryan's girlfriend when he mentions they broke up in the next scene?

When Dr Drew was talking to Cate, he was asking her all these questions about her childhood etc. He's known the girl for 6 years, (granted he's only seen and talked to her at reunions) but I feel like he should already know all of the shit she went through with April. More proof that he does not watch the show.

Don't really care about Maci and her "surprise" pregnancy. Bentley was very sweet when he was hugging her.

• Love 14

So I'm trying to figure out Farrah's big California plans.  She had an L.A. based podcast that started February 25th and abruptly ended three episodes later on March 17th when, coincidentally, she claimed she was raped by an Uber driver.  Concurrently, she bought an $850K townhome in L.A. because of her podcast gig and also to further her non-existent movie career.  Then, after supposedly putting $100K in improvements into the townhouse, she put it up for sale after never living there.  She told the Daily Mail that she was a house flipper and it was her intention from the beginning to buy and flip the townhouse.  The property is currently listed at $899,000 with no offers, so it appears she's going to lose money on her "investment."  Very savvy business person, she is.

http://podtail.com/podcast/farrah-friends/farrah-friends-promo/

• Love 7

Cate's "Well should I go on Weight Watchers or are we going to have a big family?" made me sigh. Thinking that there's no point in losing weight / getting healthy eating habits because you're going to get pregnant soon is such a trap. One I know a lot of people have - I had it, until my doctor convinced me otherwise. I spent a year losing a bunch of weight and then got pregnant right after losing the weight and I was soooo glad I had gotten healthy first. It made eating healthfully during pregnancy that much easier, made my pregnancy weight gain less and made post-pregnancy weight loss much, much easier. Plus it was cool to know that my weight while 9 months pregnant was actually less than my weight was a year before I got pregnant.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

So I'm trying to figure out Farrah's big California plans.  She had an L.A. based podcast that started February 25th and abruptly ended three episodes later on March 17th when, coincidentally, she claimed she was raped by an Uber driver.  Concurrently, she bought an $850K townhome in L.A. because of her podcast gig and also to further her non-existent movie career.  Then, after supposedly putting $100K in improvements into the townhouse, she put it up for sale after never living there.  She told the Daily Mail that she was a house flipper and it was her intention from the beginning to buy and flip the townhouse.  The property is currently listed at $899,000 with no offers, so it appears she's going to lose money on her "investment."  Very savvy business person, she is.

http://podtail.com/podcast/farrah-friends/farrah-friends-promo/

Farrah is a very savvy business person, she might lose a bit of money on the house, but no one bats 1000 in investments. She's done very well in other areas, enough to be worth over $1m. 

44 minutes ago, JoannKB said:

Cate's "Well should I go on Weight Watchers or are we going to have a big family?" made me sigh. Thinking that there's no point in losing weight / getting healthy eating habits because you're going to get pregnant soon is such a trap. One I know a lot of people have - I had it, until my doctor convinced me otherwise. I spent a year losing a bunch of weight and then got pregnant right after losing the weight and I was soooo glad I had gotten healthy first. It made eating healthfully during pregnancy that much easier, made my pregnancy weight gain less and made post-pregnancy weight loss much, much easier. Plus it was cool to know that my weight while 9 months pregnant was actually less than my weight was a year before I got pregnant.

I agree.  I let out a big sigh when she said that. It's to bad she doesn't see getting healthy as priority. If  more babies come along,  great,  but at least she'd have worked on herself. 

I don't think Tyler wants more children. I'm not sure, has he actually said he wants more children? Or was Cate leading the conversation.

I had no idea Matt had been stalking other teen mom's,  lol. How embarrassing for Amber!  As much as I dislike Amber I feel bad for her. She was his last choice( trying not to giggle)  

I always thought Amber was pretty good at seeing the bull coming out of men's mouth.  Remember, when the Walmart guy told her,  the day he met her was the best day of his life? And Amber side eyed him and said really? With complete you are full of shit written all over her face.   Lol! 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, EDTV said:

Farrah is a very savvy business person, she might lose a bit of money on the house, but no one bats 1000 in investments. She's done very well in other areas, enough to be worth over $1m. 

Farrah is a legend in her own mind.  She wants everyone to think she is rolling in dough, but where is the proof of her actual wealth?  For all we know, she could be up to her eyeballs in debt.  And she's going to lose more than a bit of money on that townhouse after all is said and done.

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, teapot said:

If she's worth more than $1M, that's really not enough to maintain her lifestyle: the house in Austin, the condo in LA, that Maserati (I think), all her plastic surgery, I mean she better be worth WELL north of 1M. Not sure why this is a quote. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Is Ryan on drugs?  He looked high in one scene and strung out in another. 

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

16 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Catelynn admitting that she smoked pot twice a day was just, ugh.  Who is watching her baby when she's getting stoned?  Did she ever stop to think that it was contributing to her depression?  

Also, EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Where is her baby when that is happening?  Talk about a smelly house!  Casa Baltierra must reek!

I don't think she equates pot with depression because she is in denial about her drug use (pot, booze, prescriptions, whatever) and I don't think she fully realizes the effects and interactions.

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Catelynn admitting that she smoked pot twice a day was just, ugh.  Who is watching her baby when she's getting stoned? 

Also, EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Where is her baby when that is happening? 

Probably the same place babies are when their parents have a glass of wine.

I think Catelynn's making mistakes in dealing with her depression, but I don't think she's doing much worse than the average uneducated person who's not real smart.

• Love 11

I'm so glad smell-o-vision has not been invented. Amber's dog pee and poop house and Cate and Tyler's weed and tobacco infused house would be too much for my senses. Something also tells me Matt isn't all that interested in hygiene. He looks dirty and smelly. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm so glad smell-o-vision has not been invented. Amber's dog pee and poop house and Cate and Tyler's weed and tobacco infused house would be too much for my senses. Something also tells me Matt isn't all that interested in hygiene. He looks dirty and smelly. 

Did you see all that dog hair on  Matt's his shirt? Like dude, time to invest in a lint/pet hair remover.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Also, EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Where is her baby when that is happening?  Talk about a smelly house!  Casa Baltierra must reek!

I don't think she equates pot with depression because she is in denial about her drug use (pot, booze, prescriptions, whatever) and I don't think she fully realizes the effects and interactions.

Thank goodness Carly was given up. Nova probably spends a hell of a lot of time in her crib when Butch or any other relative is not around. 

There is a big difference between parents who enjoy a beer or drink at the end of the day versus a couple of kids (yes they have not grown up) who admit to pot smoking at least twice a day. Magnify that partial truth at least twice.  This is the same chick who said her homemade cheese and chicken quesadilla dipped in sour cream is worth 7 points according to Weight Watchers' guidelines. 

Jenelle and Amber have been (still are?) in this exact situation. They ingested their meds, drugs, and alcohol while their kids were around. Catelynn is no different. Watching her in these two new episodes makes me feel so bad for what Nova has to endure. 

Farrah - I'd love to see her monthly expenses. Something tells me she spends her money as quickly as she earns it. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

@GreatKazu,  Not that it matters but that quesadilla was not homemade.  You can see both Tyler and Cate eating out of Styrofoam containers.  I looked up the points on weight watchers and it's actually 7 points for half a chicken quesadilla. 

All this talk of quesadillas made me hungry for one. I made a mushroom quesadilla last night,  no idea what the points were. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Farrah is a legend in her own mind.  She wants everyone to think she is rolling in dough, but where is the proof of her actual wealth?  For all we know, she could be up to her eyeballs in debt.  And she's going to lose more than a bit of money on that townhouse after all is said and done.

Wasn't Farrah the one who bought a car via Craigslist and got scammed?

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, imjagain said:

@GreatKazu Not that it matters but that quesadilla was not homemade.  You can see both Tyler and Cate eating out of Styrofoam containers.  I looked up the points on weight watchers and it's actually 7 points for half a chicken quesadilla. 

I meant, it was not a Weight Watcher's food item.. Thanks though as I should have been clearer. :-)

These people are home. Can't they cook a home-cooked meal? Are they that buzzed? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, toodywoody said:

The only reason Tyler needs an open concept house is so he can bitch at Cate over everything she does.

HA! I will love you forever for this. 

21 hours ago, geekamonggeeks said:

I love how Maci and Taylor just so happened to think that she could be pregnant again and they just so happened to have a pregnancy test in the bathroom and it just so happened to have already been opened which is odd because Maci is the only one in that house who could actually take it. That was some of the worst acting on this show---yes, worse than Farrah's weird whisper-cry. 

Yes! At least Farrah's whisper cry is funny. There is nothing entertaining about watching Maci, who goes around giving speeches to young girls on pregnancy prevention, foisting yet another "surprise" pregnancy on us. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, teapot said:

I think Simon may be as big a con man as Matt.

I don't know...I think the dude is definitely shady and I question his intentions, but he's not willing to go all the way. Matt would marry Amber tomorrow if he could. Simon won't even pay Farrah back for the ring. And at least Simon hasn't been caught trying to pursue all Teen Moms, just waiting for one to bite.  He's likely using her for a boost, while Matt is content to suck Amber dry like a pathetic, old mosquito. 

• Love 6

I just looked up a Rubio's chicken quesadilla as an example.  It is 1,100 calories and 54 grams of fat.  I don't have the WW calculator available, but one site said that was 25 points.  That's almost a whole day's worth of food.

I don't actually care if Cate loses weight. I have no investment in that (and I would be a hypocrite if I did, because I can definitely stand to lose some weight).  But, if she wants to do it, she needs to stop fooling herself about nutrition.

• Love 5

Who exactly was that friend of Matt? I didn't understand who he was or why he was staying with them?

For some reason I think he's a contractor who helps him with the "house flipping," i.e. stealing Amber's money.  Of course I'm sure his Indiana licenses are totally up-to-date. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, kdl88 said:

I just looked up a Rubio's chicken quesadilla as an example.  It is 1,100 calories and 54 grams of fat.  I don't have the WW calculator available, but one site said that was 25 points.  That's almost a whole day's worth of food.

I don't actually care if Cate loses weight. I have no investment in that (and I would be a hypocrite if I did, because I can definitely stand to lose some weight).  But, if she wants to do it, she needs to stop fooling herself about nutrition.

Here's the thing about WW. In order to make it work, you need to understand something about food, portion size, preparation, etc. It's clear Cate never learned any of that. All chicken quesadillas are not alike. Most people with a bit of food knowledge understands that. Cate does not. It's not her fault, good lord, look how she was raised. I normally would not encourage anyone to use prepackaged diet plans, but it Cate's circumstance, I think it's the only way she will be able to manage her weight. If she has to chop and weigh and prep, it ain't gonna happen. But she can sign up for Jenny Craig, or medi-fast or whatever it's called and get the prepackaged pre-measured food that she can just pop in the microwave. Once she starts feeling better, she may take an interest in learning about food. 

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Wasn't Farrah the one who bought a car via Craigslist and got scammed?

She tried to sell her car, and got scammed.  Someone sent her a check that was above the asking price, and requested that she wire the difference to a person via Western Union.  She did, only to find out the check she received was no good.  I'm really surprised nobody on the crew told her that she was being scammed.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Here's the thing about WW. In order to make it work, you need to understand something about food, portion size, preparation, etc. It's clear Cate never learned any of that. All chicken quesadillas are not alike. Most people with a bit of food knowledge understands that. Cate does not. It's not her fault, good lord, look how she was raised. I normally would not encourage anyone to use prepackaged diet plans, but it Cate's circumstance, I think it's the only way she will be able to manage her weight. If she has to chop and weigh and prep, it ain't gonna happen. But she can sign up for Jenny Craig, or medi-fast or whatever it's called and get the prepackaged pre-measured food that she can just pop in the microwave. Once she starts feeling better, she may take an interest in learning about food. 

I agree.  I  try to eat as  healthy as possible,  and avoid processed food as much as possible. However,  I knew a woman who lost weight using a combo of jenny Craig and weight watchers.  She told me that she had to learn portion size and what a serving looked like. She struggled with understanding it at first but told me the both programs really helped her. She doesn't do either program now,  but has maintained her weight loss for about 3 years.   I would never advise living on frozen dinners but when you're  just learning, you do what will work for you. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ktwo said:

For some reason I think he's a contractor who helps him with the "house flipping," i.e. stealing Amber's money.  Of course I'm sure his Indiana licenses are totally up-to-date. 

Not sure who it was, but someone (Mkay?) posted a link about the guy. I am remembering something about him and his so-called flipping houses business. Shoot, I might just be wrong. But I swear someone posted he was not from Indiana so how could he even do any work wirhout a license. Someone else help me out here, please. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Very good points. A lot of people do not understand those things so it's easy to look at a list on WW (which can't be totally comprehensive) and say, "sure, 7 points."  It's so unclear how much money they have - if she could afford it, it might even be better to go to a nutritionist who can go over portion size, how may servings of fruit and vegetables to eat, how to choose healthy meals even if she has to eat out, etc.  

• Love 3

If Catelynn can pay to buy 4 cars, go to Hawaii, buy a house, she can surely pay for Jenny Craig or WW or even visit with a nutritionist. But I get the feeling she does not want to put in the work that it requires as well as give up her salt and junk diet. 

• Love 9

Just to clarify, I definitely don't think exercise is the answer to clinical depression. I don't get why there was no plan created when she was away at that facility. Where are her follow ups or tests to see if medication doses are sufficient? Her comment about WW being something she believes would help her in some way is what made me post the exercise suggestion. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Just to clarify, I definitely don't think exercise is the answer to clinical depression. I don't get why there was no plan created when she was away at that facility. Where are her follow ups or tests to see if medication doses are sufficient? Her comment about WW being something she believes would help her in some way is what made me post the exercise suggestion. 

I don't think she's been away yet in the episodes we are seeing.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, geekamonggeeks said:

Maybe it's the name of one of the many women he impregnated and then dumped. 

No Lisa on the list....

Tonight at Amber's house there will be an epic fight that will start with the question  "Who's Lisa?"

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

No Lisa on the list....

Tonight at Amber's house there will be an epic fight that will start with the question  "Who's Lisa?"

I picture it more like, "Who the fuck is Lisa?" , while she sits on the couch and Leah is within ear shot petting 8 dogs, or cleaning up shit. (Or however many they have)

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Matt's "clean and sober" tattoo actually translates to the sounds for the name "Lisa". 

http://starcasm.net/archives/356414

I told ya!  I posted that  "clean and sober"  could not be the translation as the characters were wrong.

Guys  usually go for the chinese characters so they could then lie, if need be, about the meaning. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank goodness Carly was given up. Nova probably spends a hell of a lot of time in her crib when Butch or any other relative is not around. 

There is a big difference between parents who enjoy a beer or drink at the end of the day versus a couple of kids (yes they have not grown up) who admit to pot smoking at least twice a day. Magnify that partial truth at least twice.  This is the same chick who said her homemade cheese and chicken quesadilla dipped in sour cream is worth 7 points according to Weight Watchers' guidelines. 

Jenelle and Amber have been (still are?) in this exact situation. They ingested their meds, drugs, and alcohol while their kids were around. Catelynn is no different. Watching her in these two new episodes makes me feel so bad for what Nova has to endure. 

Farrah - I'd love to see her monthly expenses. Something tells me she spends her money as quickly as she earns it. 

She was either lying to herself or to Tyler.  Just the tortilla would be a lot of points.  Probably has the munchies!

• Love 5

I know I'm really late to this, but wanted to add a few thoughts about the premiere,

Farrah: As many other's mentioned, I was surprised how well she handled the conversation with Amber about Matt. She was calm and supportive throughout. Unfortunately, that was sandwiched between scenes of her having porta potties delivered to her driveway and condescendingly asking Larry if he was going to have a problem with it this year, and the scene where she demands Simon either propose to her or pay an absurd amount of money for an engagement ring that she decided to buy for herself. I don't mean this as an attack, but I genuinely feel like she needs some serious mental help, and I don't mean Dr. Jenn or Dr. Drew. The sad thing is, she seems so narcissistic that I can't imagine her ever accepting any faults or be willing to change, even if she got the best help there is. 

Maci: It's borderline insulting to act as if fans aren't going to see through the blatant BS of them "discovering" she's pregnant... 5 months along! C'mon on now, as a young woman who's already accidentally gotten pregnant twice, if you are sexually active (presumably at least once was unprotected, if not more) go for months without your period, and start to grow a belly, you're not going to think "gee, even though I've been stick thin my entire life, my metabolism just dropped dead out of nowhere, and all the weight is going right to my belly and nowhere else". Maci, please.

Amber: It's sad that Amber is still clinging to this guy despite everything that keeps surfacing about him. It's like she knows, deep down, that this isn't right, but she's so desperate not to be alone that she tries to convince herself otherwise and accepts all his excuses. When she was talking about who to invite to their wedding and said that she doesn't have any friends, that moment stood out to me, and highlighted how lonely she must feel. Before Matt came into the picture, most of her scenes involved her talking to the show's producer because she didn't have any friends to have these conversations with. I'm not sure if she's said whether or not she has depression, but in this episode Gary mentioned that Leah does everything with Matt while Amber sleeps. She has no friends, no job, no ambitions, and is probably terrified of crossing "boyfriend" off that list too. I can empathize with how she feels, but damn, this guy has like 50 huge red flags.... you gotta stop drinking his kool aide Amber and let him go. 

Caitlynn: I hope Caitlynn gets the help she needs to get through this depression. She seems to really want to beat it, but greatly lacks a proper support system. Obviously her family is less than useless, and Tyler isn't helping either. I notice that he says things that he knows he should say at times (i.e. "I just want you to be happy", "I love you no matter what"), but his actions are not supportive. How can you criticize her chicken quesadilla while you are eating a plate of fried chicken and fries? Don't criticize her lack of exercise when you spend your days on the couch too. He should be acting like her partner and doing this with her. Ditch the junk food and fast food and cook healthy meals together everyday. Find a form of exercise you both enjoy and do it everyday. Take up a hobby together to make your life more productive. Or better yet, get enrolled in some classes to work towards jobs you both like. She needs someone to help her and has no one. I do think she lacks motivation in general, but adding depression on top of that is going to make it even harder. Tyler should step up and actually help her. I also think more consistent therapy would really help. She need someone to talk to openly and freely as she probably has so much bottled up inside. And someone who can offer her unbiased and profession support and advice. I hope she finds that too. 

Phew, that was a lot. If you read all this, you're a doll!

Edited by JZone
  • Love 17
On 8/23/2016 at 6:06 PM, configdotsys said:

I would like to add one thing: I do not know about Depression as a condition, meaning that I am unaware if in any case of depression you can talk yourself or work yourself out of it but...

I am a 49 year old widow as of a few months ago. My life is over. It was sudden, natural causes and I did not get a chance to say goodbye. When I tell you that the pit of grief you fall into is huge, I seriously am uttering an understatement. About a month after it happened, when I got home every day (coming in the door was an ordeal because he was no longer here), I began getting on an exercise bike with headphones on for a half hour or so. If I was in tears and feeling very emotional, I pedaled faster and stayed on longer. Some days it was 5 minutes, some days an hour. I noticed that it made me sleep a little better and I was not as lethargic as I had been. Of course, accompanying that was the guilt of thinking how dare you not be lethargic and miserable because this is a terrible thing! 

It is a hellish existence but I have a very small apartment mananged to get a stationary bike and a treadmill in here. Cate has a house. If she doesn't want to go out, put some equipment in the basement, fire up the music you like and force yourself to get on the bike. Tell yourself that if you don't want to do it that is okay, but you have to do 5 minutes. Then 5 turns into 10 and you might get into it. It might help her Maybe she is too far gone for self-help but I am just throwing that out there. I do know that once a tragic event or condition grabs you, it can very easily pull you down for the count if you let it. And again, once you decide not to let it, you have to play the "try not to feel guilty" game. 

I wish her luck but think this will be a lifelong issue for her as long as Tyler is around and torturing her. Maybe some exercise at home can provide at least something of a diversion of some kind. 

First, I want to offer my sincerest condolences.

I agree that Cate would really benefit from exercise, no matter how small. It would help her with her weight goals, and hopefully lift her spirit a bit, as studies show that exercise releases endorphins. And like you said, start with a little and go from there. One step at a time. I hope Tyler also learns the difference between being supportive and being forceful, because when he criticizes her you can tell she shuts down. 

• Love 5