Type keyword(s) to search

PixL Movies - General Discussion

In2You
  • Start Topic

I finally saw Do I Say I Do and I must say I really liked the other couples rather than the main ones. The main ones bored me to tears and for half the movie I couldn't tell main dude and his producer (?) friend apart. I seriously thought it was him sending the blooper tape out. The cameraman Connor and Hannah, the main dude's work friend, were too cute for words. I was rooting for him to get with the girl of his dreams but as the movie went on, I liked the chemistry he had with Hannah. And I so loved their geeking out over the comic con and gaming. I also liked the agent friend and her husband although their rivalry bordered on cringe at times. I kind of wish they had more of an arc where their work relationship strained their marriage and they had to work their way back to each other but I guess there was only but so much time (and it needed to go with the boring main leads). Ah well. I'll probably watch this again and FF through the main story for the other couples.

Edited by MissyPoo

The PixL movie Romantically Speaking starring Heather Morris, Jonathan Bennett, and Teri Polo will be airing on Hallmark this week. It aired earlier today and will repeat on Thursday at 2pm ET. Not sure if this is one of the better ones, but especially thought I'd post it just in case anyone who doesn't have regular access to PixL movies wanted an easy way to catch one. Not seeing another airing on the schedule until March 13 at 4pm ET.

• Love 1

Finally have time to watch the Wedding Do-over. All the promo material for it had me excited cuz we usually don't get this many stills for a PixL movie and they did it in a wedding album kind of way. And I recognize a good amount of actors in the film. I thought Maria and Nicole really looked like mom and daughter. Parker Young reminded me why I needed to see more of him.

I thought the wedding redo business was a fun little twist on the wedding planner job and that the leads had a playful and easy going chemistry.

MV5BMGNjNGZjYjktNmMxZC00NmI2LWExZTItODZk

MV5BMDExM2VmMzEtNmYyNi00YjY5LTlmMDctNzZh

MV5BYjA4YjlmMTctMGZjMi00YmQxLWJiYjQtZWY1

MV5BYzQ2ZmFkYzAtYTIwYS00YmEzLWI1NDAtNzY1

MV5BMjk4ODQ0MjYtOGFjYS00YTU1LWExMDEtZDJj

• Love 2

The next movie is Groomzilla

After four years of courting, Alyssa and Tucker are about to tie the knot. However, suddenly the usually easy going Tucker becomes obsessed with every minute detail of the wedding planning, confusing his friends and family with his high strung antics. Unbeknownst to Tucker, he has come down under the spell of his grandmother's very unique engagement ring

MV5BMGU4ZjU5MTgtNTI1ZC00MTBlLWJmZWEtNGY0

MV5BOGZkYTRkN2YtMzI2ZS00MjAzLTg0NTAtOTBk

Looks like they changed their mind about the movie selection and this month's movie with be The Time Capsule instead

After ten years, a group of high school friends reunite at their alma mater to dig up their old time capsule. When they open it, they make a pact to recreate all their best high school moments. Little do they realize the power of the time capsule to heal broken hearts and inspire newfound relationships.

TheTimeCapsule_1083.jpg

• Love 2
7 hours ago, twoods said:

Did they not have a March premiere movie? I looked through the list and didn’t see one. The time capsule movie looks interesting. 

No they didn't have a March movie. Which was odd because that's when they released the sneak peek for Groomzilla as the next movie.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2018 at 7:26 PM, In2You said:

TheTimeCapsule_1083.jpg

I hope that guy on the right has better hair in the rest of the movie then he does in this pic where it looks like he has a hideous comb over. 

Yikes with Time Capsule. I’m 5 minutes in and the acting is terrible. I will give it another 5 minutes, or else I’m switching to Sisters Of the Groom. The last few movies have been duds. 

(edited)

That one girl's British accent kept slipping in but other than that I enjoyed the movie.

I don't understand why Tom was so upset that Lauren wanted to travel to Argentina after graduation. 

I was with Peter. "You're still mad about that?"

And Peter's reaction to dubstep was hilarious. I can't stand dubstep.

Edited by In2You
(edited)

New Movie premiering May 5 is Brimming with love

http://pixltv.com/brimming-with-love-premieres-saturday-may-5/

Aspiring journalist Allie jumps at the chance to write an article on local coffee shop owner Sam, who has a reputation for playing matchmaker with his customers. Skeptic Allie agrees to be matched, but going though Sam’s process causes her to see that her perfect match might just be the matchmaker.

BrimmingWithLove_0574.jpg

Edited by In2You
  • Love 3

Time Capsule started off slow for me but I ended up digging it. I freaked when I saw a Wayans kid co-leading. I kept trying to figure out which sibling was his parent (I waffled between Shawn and Damon and possibly Kim) until I finally IMDB'd it. (He's the son of the oldest Wayans sister Diedra, in case anyone was wondering). Which then made me feel old because I grew up loving and watching In Living Color. Anywho, I'll probably watch this one again.

I started Brimming With Love the other day and really enjoyed it! I still have to finish it and I have an idea how the guy at the coffee shop and his friend will turn out, but I still want to see it play out. I like how the movie is juggling so many characters with their own stories and hurdles. Makes it interesting.

Hallmark's carousel of the same characters, stories, and faces have been tiring lately so I'm glad to catch up on Pixl's different variety of stories, actors, and settings.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, MissyPoo said:

Time Capsule started off slow for me but I ended up digging it. I freaked when I saw a Wayans kid co-leading. I kept trying to figure out which sibling was his parent (I waffled between Shawn and Damon and possibly Kim) until I finally IMDB'd it. (He's the son of the oldest Wayans sister Diedra, in case anyone was wondering). Which then made me feel old because I grew up loving and watching In Living Color. Anywho, I'll probably watch this one again.

I started Brimming With Love the other day and really enjoyed it! I still have to finish it and I have an idea how the guy at the coffee shop and his friend will turn out, but I still want to see it play out. I like how the movie is juggling so many characters with their own stories and hurdles. Makes it interesting.

Hallmark's carousel of the same characters, stories, and faces have been tiring lately so I'm glad to catch up on Pixl's different variety of stories, actors, and settings.

I like Time Capsule and I havent gotten the chance to sit down and watch Brimming with Love yet but I'm looking forward to it.

• Love 1

I think you'll like it. :-) It was a really cute movie by the end even though some parts were a bit predictable (but that's probably part of the fun). I'm looking forward to watching it again.

I watched Bound & Babysitting for the first time. Where have I been that I missed this movie? It was really cute! The kids were adorable and although the guy friend started out annoying, it ended pretty nice, save for the flimsy manufactured drama. I loved the married couple to pieces. Adding this to my faves list.

On 3/5/2018 at 7:08 PM, In2You said:

The next movie is Groomzilla

After four years of courting, Alyssa and Tucker are about to tie the knot. However, suddenly the usually easy going Tucker becomes obsessed with every minute detail of the wedding planning, confusing his friends and family with his high strung antics. Unbeknownst to Tucker, he has come down under the spell of his grandmother's very unique engagement ring

MV5BMGU4ZjU5MTgtNTI1ZC00MTBlLWJmZWEtNGY0

MV5BOGZkYTRkN2YtMzI2ZS00MjAzLTg0NTAtOTBk

Turns out they'll now be airing it on June 2nd!

The Pixl movie Romantically Speaking with Heather Morris and Jonathan Bennett will be airing on Hallmark this week on Thursday, 5/31 at 2pm ET. They must have the TV rights to this one because they've aired it before, but I have yet to see any of the other Pixls get onto the Hallmark schedule, maybe it was some kind of final fulfillment of the agreement they had with Levinson Productions because it's odd that it's just the one. I didn't catch them when they aired a couple of years ago, but also haven't seen any sign of Pixl movies on Lifetime or LMN either recently. If you happen to know of other airings on non-Pixl cable channels, please post about them.

• Love 1

Finally watched Brimming with Love and it was a really cute movie with lots of chemistry between the couples. The leading man was very charismatic.

• Love 3
On 5/21/2018 at 5:02 AM, MissyPoo said:

I think you'll like it. :-) It was a really cute movie by the end even though some parts were a bit predictable (but that's probably part of the fun). I'm looking forward to watching it again.

I watched Bound & Babysitting for the first time. Where have I been that I missed this movie? It was really cute! The kids were adorable and although the guy friend started out annoying, it ended pretty nice, save for the flimsy manufactured drama. I loved the married couple to pieces. Adding this to my faves list.

Bound & Babysitting was my first PixL movie. I enjoyed the one too and the concept was different.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, In2You said:

Finally watched Brimming with Love and it was a really cute movie with lots of chemistry between the couples. The leading man was very charismatic.

I also really enjoyed it. The story was engaging and I liked the supporting characters, even though their storylines were predictable. I wish that he came to her at the end since the ball was in his court after her article, but I loved their chemistry so ignored that oversight. 

Im not fond of crazy wedding planning so Groomzilla sound sounds unappealing.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, twoods said:

I also really enjoyed it. The story was engaging and I liked the supporting characters, even though their storylines were predictable. I wish that he came to her at the end since the ball was in his court after her article, but I loved their chemistry so ignored that insight. 

Im not fond of crazy wedding planning so Groomzilla sound sounds unappealing.

Though I've watched Darin Brooks in a few things he's never made a big impression on me but I decided to watch Groomzilla anyway. I know his character was supposed to be behaving strangely but his acting was too over the top and cringey. And if my fiance started acting like Tucker did about the wedding planning I'd be questioning his sexuality. 

He really proposed to her in the bathroom! And a public one no less! 

I liked the other couples but did not care for the main one.

That boy from The Bodyguard grew up nicely.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

Yeah, I feel the same way. Although it did bug me that the expecting couple had this big buildup over the secret thing they agreed not to know and the wife seemed a bit underhanded. I would have expected the husband to be upset or at least confront her about his concerns. That seemed a bit too glossed over. But I agree. The secondary stories and couples were better than the main (the father and Kate Vernon were too cute together). I've never been a fan of Darrin Brooks myself and this movie didn't help change my mind at all.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2018 at 5:02 AM, MissyPoo said:

So, this Bound & Babysitting, does it hinge on liking the main actress? Tammin has never been my fave dating back to her Y&R days. If it does hinge on her, can you tell me if her accent was covered well here? Or at least if it matters to her character? Part of the Y&R issue was that she was supposed to be from Wisconsin and could rival sounding as Aussie as the actual character from Australia at times. Just not the best actress even though I did find her more tolerable in recent years on PLL. I have liked Travis Van Winkle in movies like this before and I see Lisa Rinna and Tiffany Hines are in this, so I'm kind of interested even with Tammin, but am a little unsure because of her. @In2You please feel free to weigh in as well.

1 hour ago, JasmineFlower said:

So, this Bound & Babysitting, does it hinge on liking the main actress? Tammin has never been my fave dating back to her Y&R days. If it does hinge on her, can you tell me if her accent was covered well here? Or at least if it matters to her character? Part of the Y&R issue was that she was supposed to be from Wisconsin and could rival sounding as Aussie as the actual character from Australia at times. Just not the best actress even though I did find her more tolerable in recent years on PLL. I have liked Travis Van Winkle in movies like this before and I see Lisa Rinna and Tiffany Hines are in this, so I'm kind of interested even with Tammin, but am a little unsure because of her. @In2You please feel free to weigh in as well.

I don't care for Tammin either but I actually liked her in this movie. And she did a better job hiding her accent than she usually does.

• Love 1

I agree with In2You. I first saw her in Girlfriends of Christmas Past (and she bugged me in that movie), so I worked backward getting to know her work. I was a bit skeptical about seeing her here but ended up liking the movie and I didn't mind her character as the movie went on. I liked how the lead guy got under her skin.  I didn't detect an accent either. 

• Love 2

Yeah I’m thinking of cancelling it because it’s been months since a new one has come out. I rewatched Sisters of the Groom and Same Time Next Week recently, and will probably watch Diagnosis Delicious and Casa Vida again before I cancel the subscription.

12 hours ago, twoods said:

Yeah I’m thinking of cancelling it because it’s been months since a new one has come out. I rewatched Sisters of the Groom and Same Time Next Week recently, and will probably watch Diagnosis Delicious and Casa Vida again before I cancel the subscription.

I dont understand why they take breaks every year with debuting new movies because they have new movies they filmed two years ago waiting for release. 

• Love 1

It's been a long time

A Man for Every Month premieres Feb 2

MEGAN (Carlson Young) is a quirky blogger at a large online news and entertainment company called Newsmaze. Content to sit behind her computer and post cat videos online, she doesn’t do a lot of dating. That all changes when her boss, BRENDA (Jolene Blalock), gives her a new assignment- she must go on a date with each of the 12 Bachelors they interviewed for their Man for Every Month column on eligible men. Megan freaks- she’s terrible at dating- and enlists the help of her beautiful roommate, Vanessa (Justene Alpert) to give her advice. Making everything worse is the fact that Megan must recap her dates in front of the camera for a live vlog directed by a cute new employee, Scott (Aaron Jakubenko). The dates are mostly disasters until Megan finally hits it off with Jack (Justin Deeley), an actor who seems just as quirky as she is.

I was about to cancel my 2 bucks a month subscription since there hasn’t been a new movie in ages. Will give it a chance when it comes out next month.

Edited by twoods

Not sure if Pixl is still making new movies at this point on a regular basis, but just a heads up for fans of what they've made in the past - keep an eye on UPtv's schedule in coming months. They have commercials during their Christmas movies indicating that they will be airing movies daily in the new year. And looking at their current schedule for the next month I noticed three Pixl movies among them that I recognized - Letter Never Sent, It Had to Be You, and Wedding Do Over. So there could be more as the year continues.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

Not sure if Pixl is still making new movies at this point on a regular basis, but just a heads up for fans of what they've made in the past - keep an eye on UPtv's schedule in coming months. They have commercials during their Christmas movies indicating that they will be airing movies daily in the new year. And looking at their current schedule for the next month I noticed three Pixl movies among them that I recognized - Letter Never Sent, It Had to Be You, and Wedding Do Over. So there could be more as the year continues.

A few of us talked mentioned it in the UP thread too. 

• Love 1

So this is weird. I was checking out Pixl on Sling since I haven't looked in a while and saw a movie called Once Upon a Date marked new even though it's from 2017. Does anyone know if this one of the movies they've been holding back in their catalog?

8 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

So this is weird. I was checking out Pixl on Sling since I haven't looked in a while and saw a movie called Once Upon a Date marked new even though it's from 2017. Does anyone know if this one of the movies they've been holding back in their catalog?

It is one that they never released. It was filmed in 2016 I think. I remember hearing about it during filming.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1