Type keyword(s) to search

PixL Movies - General Discussion

In2You
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Jaded said:

PixL really needs to update their website to advertise the fact that they have a YT and now Amazon Channel. They don't even have a link to their YT account on there at all just Facebook. A $2 a mo subscription fee isn't bad at all.

They do have the link to their youtube page. If you click Youtube next to About Pixl. They just need to add Amazon Prime now.

http://pixltv.com/pixl-on-youtube/

The fee is $2 a month cuz you're getting one new movie a month.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, In2You said:

They do have the link to their youtube page. If you click Youtube next to About Pixl. They just need to add Amazon Prime now.

http://pixltv.com/pixl-on-youtube/

The fee is $2 a month cuz you're getting one new movie a month.

I shouldn't have been looking at the website when I was so tired. It was right in front of my face on their site and I missed it.

Can't Buy My Love was really cute. I liked the premise of the lead being an EMT and that the problem was not that her love interest had a lot of money, but that she needed to get past her prejudice of rich people. She also got called out by her best friend, which was refreshing.

• Love 2
(edited)

Aww dangit. We got SlingTV mainly because of Pixl. I would have added it to our Prime acct if I knew. Though we're kind of hooked on Sling and its features now so it's all good. :-) I agree it would be nice to add their availability to the website. I'm glad to see them finally stepping out beyond the YT channel.  I notice UP is also on Prime. I love their "Love Finds You" movies. 

Oh, I still need to see Can't Buy My Love. Hopefully it's available on demand. Sounds like a goodie. :-D

ETA after movie: This was a goodie! I really loved the friendship between the main two gals. Both were there for each other and cheered each other on in not just their love lives but also work, career dreams, and life. The misunderstanding was a tad cliche (Megan should have talked to the dude!) but I liked how it all turned out. The setting was gorgeous, too.

Edited by MissyPoo
  • Love 1
(edited)

There wouldn't be be any romantic TV movies without the misunderstanding cliche, but it's still annoying. I enjoyed Love on the Vines, but there was way too many misunderstandings and people getting upset without confronting the other person to find out what really happened. It was tedious, but I did like that there were three stories going on that interested me. 

Mechanics of Love and Advance and Retreat couldn't catch my attention so I stopped watching after 30 minutes. Next is Jones Unplugged- so far it's decent but Mischa's acting is pretty terrible. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Heh true. I like when they do a little something different with it though instead of the same ol'. Is it sad that I can't remember Love on the Vines? I think I remember the Rachael Leigh Cooke one more (which is sad because that one was forgettable and a bit confusing). I may catch LotV when it swings around the movie carousel. 

I almost started watching Mechanics of Love but then I saw Darcy in it and my interest was lost. Just can't get into anything with her in it. since DeGrassi.

• Love 2

She is pretty terrible. I thought that LOTV was better than the Hallmark vineyard one Autumn Vineyards with Rachel Lee Cook. I liked the leads better.

I saw Hometown Hero and would have enjoyed it more since I love animals, but the lead actor was so wooden. I think he was meant to be a little closed off because of his aloof personality, but the premise was nice.

Diagnosis Delicious is set for a rewatch. Such a cute movie!

• Love 1
On 7/21/2017 at 11:41 PM, In2You said:

This is great news because I think many more would be comfortable adding it this way than through YouTube and they'll increase their viewership. Having said all that, I got all excited and clicked on the link and was presented with still having to pay. Since I saw Prime, I thought it would be included. Too bad, but at least it's still inexpensive. I really am not interested in adding one red cent to my home entertainment budget at the moment, but maybe after I negotiate my cable bill lower. For the time being I'm not budging on that, but as long as everyone keeps enjoying their movies so much, I'm likely to add it eventually.

• Love 1
On 7/23/2017 at 3:13 PM, twoods said:

Can't Buy My Love was really cute. I liked the premise of the lead being an EMT and that the problem was not that her love interest had a lot of money, but that she needed to get past her prejudice of rich people. She also got called out by her best friend, which was refreshing.

Really great to hear this was good and I want to see it especially because I like Adelaide. But man, do I hate hearing the title of this one. I read comments about this initially and was like, oh how great that they are watching the 80s classic Can't Buy Me Love (with Patrick Dempsey), what channel is it airing on? That's really what I always want that name to be associated with outside of the song. Not that this really threatens that, but still wish they would've settled on something else.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JasmineFlower said:

Having said all that, I got all excited and clicked on the link and was presented with still having to pay. Since I saw Prime, I thought it would be included.

Yeah. Prime is a bit deceptive since Prime has now started offering "add-ons."  For instance, I've added Acorn to my Prime because it has some foreign series that look interesting to me. But things like HBO and Showtime are now add-on options with Amazon. It's clever.  They're building their own a la carte cable like system.  I probably won't add PixL because I'm not willing to pay even more for lightweight family-friendly romance.  I enjoy it when it's part of a package I'm already paying for not enough to add additional funds to my budget.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jasmineflower, you can try the 7 day trial for free then cancel it. Pick a week that you don't have much to do so can mow through the good movies!

I also tired of DirectTv that the a la carte Amazon channels sound appealing. Maybe some Hulu and another channel or two- will still be cheaper than satellite but then will lose sports. Decisions, decisions. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Jasmineflower, you can try the 7 day trial for free then cancel it. Pick a week that you don't have much to do so can mow through the good movies!

I also tired of DirectTv that the a la carte Amazon channels sound appealing. Maybe some Hulu and another channel or two- will still be cheaper than satellite but then will lose sports. Decisions, decisions. 

I am totally planning on getting the trial and probably pay for the subscription one month at some point and then cancel it. There doesn't seem to be an incentive to discourage this, so why not.

As for the the satellite TV - I have DirecTV and will be calling to lower my rate, make sure you do the same. If you look online, people do it yearly so I need to get in the game because that bill has gotten out of control. Figure out what's best as a counter offer to their service in your area and use that to get an amount off. For me, I'm finally switching over to FIOS internet and will be using their many triple play offers that include TV as my bargaining point (no actual plans on switching, my sister has FIOS TV and hates it). Many seem to successfully get at least some kind of discount, which is all I'm after. I'm completely unwilling to cut the cord, but do want to get that bill down some.

• Love 1

The online streaming tv really does add up, doesn't it? Especially when there's so much stuff on so many different venues. 

If you guys have one of those streaming sticks, you can try out SlingTV. Our package is netting us about $45 or so a month with our package and upgrades and it includes Pixl and the Hallmark channels. Plus they still feature some free movie weekends from Starz and stuff. We may be cutting the cable cord once our contract runs out.  The only downside is not having the awesome retro channels I love like MeTv, AnTV, H&I, and Cozi.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:39 AM, twoods said:

She is pretty terrible. I thought that LOTV was better than the Hallmark vineyard one Autumn Vineyards with Rachel Lee Cook. I liked the leads better.

I saw Hometown Hero and would have enjoyed it more since I love animals, but the lead actor was so wooden. I think he was meant to be a little closed off because of his aloof personality, but the premise was nice.

Diagnosis Delicious is set for a rewatch. Such a cute movie!

Pixl finally showed this one again and I liked it! Much cuter than the Hallmark one.  It's not one of my faves but I may watch it again if it comes on. 

Sweet Surrender is showing tomorrow (err..later today?). I've been eager to see that one since the premise sounded nice and it came recommended from my ma. 

Love Diagnosis Delicious! That's up there with some of my faves like Casa Vita. :-D

• Love 1
17 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

Really great to hear this was good and I want to see it especially because I like Adelaide. But man, do I hate hearing the title of this one. I read comments about this initially and was like, oh how great that they are watching the 80s classic Can't Buy Me Love (with Patrick Dempsey), what channel is it airing on? That's really what I always want that name to be associated with outside of the song. Not that this really threatens that, but still wish they would've settled on something else.

Ha, I agree. I have to keep mentally correcting myself so I don't get confused. The song still pops up in my head though.

I'm eager to see this one again, though.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, JasmineFlower said:

I am totally planning on getting the trial and probably pay for the subscription one month at some point and then cancel it. There doesn't seem to be an incentive to discourage this, so why not.

As for the the satellite TV - I have DirecTV and will be calling to lower my rate, make sure you do the same. If you look online, people do it yearly so I need to get in the game because that bill has gotten out of control. Figure out what's best as a counter offer to their service in your area and use that to get an amount off. For me, I'm finally switching over to FIOS internet and will be using their many triple play offers that include TV as my bargaining point (no actual plans on switching, my sister has FIOS TV and hates it). Many seem to successfully get at least some kind of discount, which is all I'm after. I'm completely unwilling to cut the cord, but do want to get that bill down some.

Just got my DTV rate lowered when they started trying to charge me for a sports package I don't use that I had been getting free for years. They ended up giving me HMM  and Aspire for free too since they never upgraded my box and I wasn't getting some of the channels I was paying for.

• Love 2

I saw that Pixl premiered a movie this past weekend, Same Time Next Week, but it's not on the Pixl channel yet. I wonder how long the lag is for new movies. Bummed because it looks cute.

8 hours ago, twoods said:

I saw that Pixl premiered a movie this past weekend, Same Time Next Week, but it's not on the Pixl channel yet. I wonder how long the lag is for new movies. Bummed because it looks cute.

It was uploaded to Youtube 3 days ago. Wonder what the delay is with Amazon Prime

• Love 1

Same Time Next Week was very good. It was sweet, believable, and sad. I liked how realistic the storyline was, with them hanging out over 3 months so we got to see them fall in love. Definitely one of my favorites.

So far, I am enjoying Rescuing Madison with Ethan Peck. I need to stop watching so many movies on my day off.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

I liked Malese on The Flash so I'm excited to see her in this movie. The other two guys in the movie are hot so no complaints there either. Waiting for Amazon to add it so I can watch. 

Pixl has had a couple of duds. Mechanics of Love, and Advance and Retreat were pretty terrible. 

Ended up watching Sisters of the Groom and it was cute. The meddling sisters were annoying, and there were a lot of storylines going on but the actors all had good chemistry and made it work. It is on my list for a rewatch. Malese was absolutely gorgeous and loved how the actress that played her sister actually looked like she could be her sister. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

Bah. I missed taping it. Which is weird because I was scrolling to see if there was anything I wanted to record this weekend but I think it weirdly got buried in the Love Comes Softly marathon. Going to scroll back and catch it especially since it got a thumbs up from you, twoods.

I kinda thought Advance and Retreat was cute but not as good as some of the others that stand out like Diagnosis Delicious, Can't Buy My Love (LOVE that one), Late Bloomer, Change of Heart, Mr. Write, and stuff. I bypassed Mechanics of Love because I'm not a fan of the actress and she's usually in duds for me. Bad Date Chronicles was another miss for me.

• Love 1

I dunno, I tried sitting down to check it out and it just didn't grab me when it premiered. Could be my mood or interest at the time just not being there, but since you dug it, I may give it a try again to see if a second watch will work.

• Love 1

I really liked Sisters of the Groom and it had alot of actors I've enjoyed in other roles. Been a fan of Jeremy Sumpter since Peter Pan and I've been a fan of Malese for awhile too.  I had seen Savannah Jayde in a Hallmark movie a few years back. Definitely on my favorite tv movies list.  

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
On 9/2/2017 at 6:40 PM, twoods said:

I liked Malese on The Flash so I'm excited to see her in this movie. The other two guys in the movie are hot so no complaints there either. Waiting for Amazon to add it so I can watch. 

Pixl has had a couple of duds. Mechanics of Love, and Advance and Retreat were pretty terrible. 

Ended up watching Sisters of the Groom and it was cute. The meddling sisters were annoying, and there were a lot of storylines going on but the actors all had good chemistry and made it work. It is on my list for a rewatch. Malese was absolutely gorgeous and loved how the actress that played her sister actually looked like she could be her sister. 

This sisters trying to hook him all with the ex girlfriend(she looked so much older than him too) felt unnecessary but I enjoyed all the side stories which are a staple in PixL movies. And I'm glad there were no wacky hi-jinks that are usually present in these fake girlfriend/boyfriend stories. And I don't mind the kiss waiting until the end when it's a good passionate kiss.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2

The October movies premieres Oct 7th and is called Woman of the House and stars Kirsten Prout

A woman who is feeling nostalgic about her college days takes a job as sorority house mother to her former college chapter only to find that it is in shambles.

13549477_872138902929706_2081069289_n.jp

13397546_1070441329702528_2100865209_n.j

Edited by In2You

Woman of the House was decent. I was annoyed with the lead acting like an airhead, but I understood why she wanted to help the sorority and her life. I probably won't watch it again, but it was pleasant enough.

Do I Say I Do? premiere 11/4/17

Relationship therapist, Jessica Bender (Becca Tobin), has finished her book, “Do I Say I Do?”, finally fulfilling her contract with her ex-boyfriend Mike’s (Ryan Kelley) publishing company. Jessica’s excitement at being done with Mike is tempered when he reminds her of a clause in her contract, which obligates her to do promotional videos for the company’s website. As they are forced to work closely together, Jessica begins to realize that she may still have feelings for her ex.

BeforeYouSayIDo-Unit2_0455.jpg

I'm trying to get into the new movie but the leads are annoying and have zero chemistry. Pixl, please don't follow in the steps of Hallmark with mediocre movies- the past two have been duds. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, twoods said:

I'm trying to get into the new movie but the leads are annoying and have zero chemistry. Pixl, please don't follow in the steps of Hallmark with mediocre movies- the past two have been duds. 

I skipped Woman of the House because the actress annoyed me in previous things. I really liked Sisters of the Groom but I'm on the fence about this one.

• Love 3
On 11/8/2017 at 6:59 PM, twoods said:

Yea I loved Sisters of the Groom, and Woman of the House was nothing special so you didn't miss out. I wonder if December's movie will be a Christmas theme.

Dec 2nd is Undercover Angel

p13730098_p_v7_aa.jpg?w=270&client=cbc79dav-0614.jpg?itok=WIZSa2Aj&timestamp=150

A single mother buys a rundown property, intent on transforming it into the ideal family home, but the task proves to be a difficult one to accomplish alone. However, help arrives in the form of a guardian angel, who offers to fix not only the house, but also her life. Romantic drama, starring Shawn Roberts, Britt Irvin and Katharine Isabelle.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2

I'm not all in on Pixl just yet, playing catch up and only been able to see 2 movies so far, so maybe I'm missing how they do things, but I find their lack of an easy-to-find press release announcing future movies and a concrete release schedule so strange. It doesn't make me want to subscribe when I'm unsure of what they are putting out in the future. The movie @In2You posted (thanks for the heads up) isn't on their site yet. It's a week away, why the delay?

Anyway, I've noticed from checking their site and Facebook that they are airing more and more of the old Hallmark movies that were Larry Levinson productions like Undercover Bridesmaid, Taste of Romance, and Wedding Daze among others. Does anyone with the Amazon Prime subscription know if basically everything on the regular channel's schedule is available as part of the their Prime Channel subscription? When I look on Amazon, this doesn't appear to be the case but not sure I can see everything they offer without the actual subscription either.

• Love 1

Nope, they don't put any of the old movies up that they televise on their channel, which is annoying. The only new movie that goes up about 7-10 days into the month is their new movie. All the older movies have been on there since I subscribed (maybe about 20-25 of them).  I'm a little disappointed and will probably cancel my subscription in January. 

• Love 1

I don't know why they don't advertise new movies until  a couple days before airing. Especially when they're trying to expand and many of the actors they use are familiar younger actors. 

• Love 1

Another dud with Secret Millionaire. I love the lead actor in other Hallmark movies but the actress bugged, and the side storyline with the best friend trying to choose between two guys was also not interesting. 

• Love 2

Wow, I thought it was just me who couldn't stand the actress. Not even Steve Lund could save this one for me so I gave it an early pass. On a brighter note, I notice Can't Buy My Love, The Joneses Unplugged, and Mr. Write are back on rotation. I love the heck out of those movies and would rather go for some rewatches.

• Love 2

Those are some more good ones. I'll need to track those faves down as well.

Hopefully, it's turning around though. I saw a sneak peek of a movie called Brimming With Love and it looked cute. I'm guessing that's the next premiere although IMDB has it listed for a 2017 release. Not sure what the story is behind that but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

28 minutes ago, MissyPoo said:

Those are some more good ones. I'll need to track those faves down as well.

Hopefully, it's turning around though. I saw a sneak peek of a movie called Brimming With Love and it looked cute. I'm guessing that's the next premiere although IMDB has it listed for a 2017 release. Not sure what the story is behind that but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I was wondering when Brimming with Love would premiere. It was filmed in 2016. And still wondering when Once Upon a Date will be released as well.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:55 AM, In2You said:

I was wondering when Brimming with Love would premiere. It was filmed in 2016. And still wondering when Once Upon a Date will be released as well.

That's strange they've been holding it for 2 years. Hopefully, it premieres soon since it looks like it may have a release ahead of it. I'll have to check out the Wedding one. The lead guy looks like he'd be worth admission alone.

As for the other movie, IMDB also shows that one with an incorrect release date. Stranger and stranger.

Edited by MissyPoo
(edited)
4 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

That's strange they've been holding it for 2 years. Hopefully, it premieres soon since it looks like it may have a release ahead of it. I'll have to check out the Wedding one. The lead guy looks like he'd be worth admission alone.

As for the other movie, IMDB also shows that one with an incorrect release date. Stranger and stranger.

They've been holding a few movies back since 2016

Edited by In2You