Type keyword(s) to search

PixL Movies - General Discussion

In2You
  • Start Topic

The family movie channel available on Dish Network and Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pixlmoviechannel

The latest movie featured is Late Bloomer Starring Italia Ricci and Nathan Parsons

Botanist, Jenny Taft (Italia Ricci), has traveled all over the world with her boyfriend, Owen (Derek Krantz), in search of the rare heart orchid. There’s a myth that states that the rare flower will only bloom when a couple finds true love, but Jenny doesn’t buy into it. When Jenny heads out to California to assist her mother Eileen (Beth Broderick) with the sale of her childhood home, Jenny is flooded with memories of the cruel treatment she received as a teenager. As luck would have it, Jenny bumps into her high-school crush Shane (Nathan Parsons), now a teacher at their alma mater. In hopes of making amends for the mean prom night prank he played on her so many years ago, he now asks Jenny to accompany him to the prom he’s chaperoning. Jenny finds herself torn between her relationship with Owen and re-kindled feelings for Shane. Will a kiss from one or the other get the heart orchid to finally bloom?

Was It Had to Be You also on PixL? Saw that on LMN in a few days so taped it. Thank goodness more ethnicity in some movies- getting sick of the same Hallmark crap they keep feeding us.

49 minutes ago, twoods said:

Was It Had to Be You also on PixL? Saw that on LMN in a few days so taped it. Thank goodness more ethnicity in some movies- getting sick of the same Hallmark crap they keep feeding us.

Yes It Had to Be You is also a PixL movie. And a very good one too with a diverse cast. I really enjoyed that one when I first watched.

41 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I don't get PixL :-(

You can still do the free trial for their YouTube channel (they post all their new movies there) to see if you like it. And on Tuesdays at 8 pm on LMN they'll be showing a movie from PixL every week. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Thank you!! These movies look really good! :-)

If you plan on doing the free trial I recommend doing it after new movie comes out since it's a 14 day trial

• Love 1

I absolutely loved It Had To Be You- much more enjoyable than anything I watched on Hallmark this year. Good acting, great chemistry between the two love stories, and there was another storyline with the father/daughter dynamic so it wasn't all about the romance. Plus, diversity! Looking forward to see the other PixL movies that will be airing every Tuesday- thank you Lifetime. 

• Love 2

Caught another PixL movie called the Reluctant Nanny. It was pleasant enough- the kids were sort of annoying but again it was better than most of the movies so far on Hallmark. Looking forward to Casa Vita next week.

• Love 1
On 8/31/2016 at 2:09 AM, twoods said:

I absolutely loved It Had To Be You- much more enjoyable than anything I watched on Hallmark this year. Good acting, great chemistry between the two love stories, and there was another storyline with the father/daughter dynamic so it wasn't all about the romance. Plus, diversity! Looking forward to see the other PixL movies that will be airing every Tuesday- thank you Lifetime. 

Do you know if the movie will be repeated? I saw the first new romantic movie they aired but forgot about the new movie this Tuesday.

35 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

Do you know if the movie will be repeated? I saw the first new romantic movie they aired but forgot about the new movie this Tuesday.

It Had To Be You will repeat at 10 pm ET after Casa Vita 

35 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

I think it may be repeating this weekend or next Tuesday after Casa Vita.

More on Diagnosis Delicious

Maya-Stojan.jpg Ryan-Rottman.jpgChef Dave Oberlin’s (Ryan Rottman) career is in shambles when his altercation with a famous food critic goes viral. After being blacklisted by the elite restaurants, Dave is forced to take a teaching position at his friend’s culinary arts school. When cardiologist, Dr. Nina Kirby (Maya Stojan), is up for a promotion at the local hospital the Head of Cardiology informs her if she gets Dave on board to teach the Healthy Living seminars she would be a shoo-in for the position. The only problem is Nina can’t cook and she doesn’t want to learn. With a little coaxing from her best friend and coworker, Olivia (Tanya Chisholm), Nina agrees to take Dave’s class. When Nina presents Dave with the Healthy Living seminars he’s disinterested in working with her due to her lack of class participation. In her effort to persuade him to get on board, Nina and Dave come across some unexpected common ground.

Diagnosis-Delicious.jpg

28 minutes ago, VMepicgrl said:

My television's guide is showing A Nanny's Revenge after Casa Vita on Tuesday. :-( I did a search to look for upcoming airings and it isn't showing at all. I'm sad I missed a good one. 

Your TV guide could just be listed wrong that happens sometimes. Still check in after Casa Vita anyways. Plus its available on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmbr2Am7Ib8

Edited by In2You
2 hours ago, VMepicgrl said:

My television's guide is showing A Nanny's Revenge after Casa Vita on Tuesday. :-( I did a search to look for upcoming airings and it isn't showing at all. I'm sad I missed a good one. 

Sorry! I swear I saw it again this week and after Casa Vita but you're right- it's not on. Hope you find it online.

Edited by twoods

BTS pics from the recently wrapped The Time Capsule courtesy of Greg Wayans ( Of the Wayans Family). This one is set to premiere next year

Greg, Shanica Knowles,  Director Bradford May, Penelope Mitchell, and Shane Harper

13768301_545954292263089_147422870_n.jpg

Alongside Family Matter's Reginald Vel Johnson 

14145597_1485060044846166_855149707_n.jp

Casa Vita was so good! I was smiling through most of it and the sad/emotional parts I got teary eyed (okay maybe there were parts that I was actually crying at). The leads had such fantastic chemistry, and the other storylines were really good as well (including the friendship with the baseball players and the Vita family relationship). I wanted to watch it again right after but it's so late. Definitely on my top 5 favorite TV movies that I would watch over and over again.

Plus, Wallace from Veronica Mars! And other familiar faces. Can the casting crew and writers from PixL work for Hallmark?

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, twoods said:

Casa Vita was so good! I was smiling through most of it and the sad/emotional parts I got teary eyed (okay maybe there were parts that I was actually crying at). The leads had such fantastic chemistry, and the other storylines were really good as well (including the friendship with the baseball players and the Vita family relationship). I wanted to watch it again right after but it's so late. Definitely on my top 5 favorite TV movies that I would watch over and over again.

Plus, Wallace from Veronica Mars! And other familiar faces. Can the casting crew and writers from PixL work for Hallmark?

I rewatched again because I enjoy it every time I watch. The Mexican restaurant and the baseball concept appealed to me because it was fresh. The little extra touched like having Ariana explain some of the ingredients used in the kitchen were a nice touch. It helped that it had some actors I always enjoy like Lindsey Morgan, Jean Luc Bilodeau,  and Esai Morales. And since Casa Vita they started casting a lot of recognizeable young actors in addition to old favorites. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 3

Wish I saw it.

Did anyone catch Letter Never Sent on LMN? It was pretty boring and I turned it off after 10 minutes once I realized the entire movie was going to be about a whiny adult who can't tell a girl how he feels after a kagillion years. Not interested.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, twoods said:

Wish I saw it.

Did anyone catch Letter Never Sent on LMN? It was pretty boring and I turned it off after 10 minutes once I realized the entire movie was going to be about a whiny adult who can't tell a girl how he feels after a kagillion years. Not interested.

I tired watching Letter Never Sent on Pixl awhile back but got bored and started watching another movie. I prefer the movies from this year much better. Its looks like they aren't showing any Pixl movies on LMN next week.  I wonder if they will the following week.

• Love 1

November 5 is the premiere of Advance & Retreat

Life is good for marketing professional Allison (Riley Voelkel) – she’s well on her way to earning a stellar promotion all while dating equally successful co-worker Bryce (Brandon W. Jones). Her biggest rival for the position, Vanessa (Whitney Anderson), has the boss’ eye, but Allison has a plan. To win the promotion, she needs to impress her boss, Nathan (C. Thomas Howell), at their annual company retreat. Of course, she has a head start since she used to be a camp counselor. The only caveat, this year’s trip happens to be the site of Allison’s first heartbreak: her old camp. And who should still be working there but the handsome as ever ex-boyfriend who broke that teenage heart, Cody (Casey Deidrick). But was it all a misunderstanding? Allison’s tasked with navigating not only the obstacle course but her relationships…past and present.

Finally got around to watching Advance & Retreat and I liked it. It was another PixL story with a diverse cast and a more than one couple developing their relationship. The camp setting was different and and made for some interesting interactions. In addition two leads rekindling their past relationship( great chemistry together) and the leading lady feeling conflicted about her current relationship with her boyfriend there was also the young assistant with dreams of moving up in the company and finding her voice. Then there was the one employee on maternity leave struggling to feel useful  while working from home and deal with her fears of impeding motherhood.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

Pixl will be airing Love on the Vines on January 7th

Summary: Diana has to work with Seth to save her uncle's vineyard after he dies.

CAST:

Margo Harshman ... Diana Armstrong 
Steve Talley ... Seth Vincent 
Brittany Underwood ... Amelia 
Catherine Mary Stewart ... Jill Hanson 
Samantha Figura ... Suzy Hanson 
DeVaughn Nixon ... Theo Wyckoff 
Jack Wagner ... Grant Gerritson 
Erinn Westbrook ... Liz Preston 
Danielle Langlois ... Adriana Gerritson 
David DeSantos ... Tom Kirkbride 
Parker Harris ... Paul Gerritson 

MV5BZjA5NzNmNTQtNGJlNC00ZmQ4LTk2MTUtODAz

A Moving Romance airs on February 4th 

A-Moving-Romance.jpg

Interior designer Olivia Wilson (Ambyr Childers) loses her job in New York. With newfound time on her hands she decides to head home to California to surprise her dad, Neil (Jim O’Heir) for the 25th anniversary of the family business, Wilson Family Movers. Upon arrival she meets the newest member of the Wilson team, Scott (Keegan Allen). With business coming to a halt, she and Scott work together to get things back on track.

I have a couple PixL movies that I need to watch. Keep forgetting to though mainly because I'm still trying to clear out my DVR so I can call AT&T.

• Love 2

Finally saw Diagnosis Delicious and absolutely loved it. I can't figure out why Hallmark doesn't hire Pixl writers- maybe some of their movies wouldn't suck so much.

I really enjoyed the leads and storylines. It helped that there were many little storylines that intertwined so it wouldn't be boring. Plus, there was so much diversity. I hope I find the leads in other movies because I liked their acting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, twoods said:

Finally saw Diagnosis Delicious and absolutely loved it. I can't figure out why Hallmark doesn't hire Pixl writers- maybe some of their movies wouldn't suck so much.

I really enjoyed the leads and storylines. It helped that there were many little storylines that intertwined so it wouldn't be boring. Plus, there was so much diversity. I hope I find the leads in other movies because I liked their acting.

This one was written by Joelle Sellner who also wrote It Has to Be You which was another one I loved.  I wish Hallmark would be a little more adventurous with their casting like PixL as well. Liking using more young popular actors who may not fit their sugary sweet conservative mold. And giving minorities in their movies actually plots beyond being the friend who disappears halfway through the movie.

I'm sure you'll like Late Bloomer too. That one is a good one. Even my friend who doesn't like these types of movies enjoyed it.

• Love 1

I did like Late Bloomer a lot. The movie flew by and I liked the subplot, but Diagnosis Delicious and Casa Vida have been my favorite. I also loved It Had To Be You.

Any other movies you recommend?

19 minutes ago, twoods said:

I did like Late Bloomer a lot. The movie flew by and I liked the subplot, but Diagnosis Delicious and Casa Vida have been my favorite. I also loved It Had To Be You.

Any other movies you recommend?

I have a link to A Moving Romance. It wasn't my favorite one but it was still cute. Can't Buy My Love/The Big Grab was one I enjoyed. Hopeless, Romantic was one I  liked too.  And I really enjoyed  Twist of Fate.

I forgot to add that I loved the ladies friendship in Diagnosis Delicious.  It was nice to see them both so supportive of each other and their careers at the hospital, help each other navigate through their love lives, and do light heated things like having a talk over a tub of ice cream.

CsM_0dUWgAA5m56.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)

Saw Casa Vita again and that movie gets better the more I watch it. I can see them make another one where Early is struggling to be a hitting coach and Arianna is opening her new restaurant. Make it happen Pixl!

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
On 6/5/2017 at 3:36 PM, twoods said:

Hallmark used to air more of the movies. But Larry Levinson makes the Pixl movies, he owns the channel and almost all Hallmark movies up until a few years ago were produced by him. But he ran afoul big time of the WGA, he hadn't paid millions of residuals to writers and he tried to get around paying them fairly, and it makes it very difficult to work with someone on one of the guilds' shit lists. So, Hallmark distanced themselves from him and his Pixl movies and the channel have a very limited reach, all of which is a result of the WGA problems. Before this came about, Larry was producing the majority of the movies and constantly had almost the entire lineup of his production schedule running on Hallmark. He should have paid his writers fairly and not looked for shortcuts.

• Love 3

THat explains why Hallmark movies have decreased on quality the past few years. 

I watched Hopeless, Romantic and a Moving Romance and thought both were cute. I liked the premise of a Moving Romance because it was different, but the ending seemed rushed. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2016 at 1:02 PM, twoods said:

Wish I saw it.

I tried watching this the other day and thought it was just me. I couldn't get into it at all.

On the other hand, I saw How Not to Propose and enjoyed it though the lead chickie kind of got on my nerves with the way she treated her guy (I liked her in the Randall family movie though). Also saw the newest one The Joneses Unplugged. I almost bypassed it because the movie poster and blurb didn't catch my interest but ended up loving it!

19 hours ago, MissyPoo said:

I tried watching this the other day and thought it was just me. I couldn't get into it at all.

On the other hand, I saw How Not to Propose and enjoyed it though the lead chickie kind of got on my nerves with the way she treated her guy (I liked her in the Randall family movie though). Also saw the newest one The Joneses Unplugged. I almost bypassed it because the movie poster and blurb didn't catch my interest but ended up loving it!

I liked the brother and he friend's story in How Not to Propose but not the main couple's. 

I'm rewatching Late Bloomer this weekend.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissyPoo said:

Yes! I loved their chemistry and geeking out moments.

I need to rewatch Late Bloomer. That was another good one with an actress I really like (Antoinette Robertson).

I like Antoinette too! That was my first introduction to her and I really enjoyed her there and now she's in Dear White People 

• Love 1
On 7/11/2017 at 7:13 AM, In2You said:

I like Antoinette too! That was my first introduction to her and I really enjoyed her there and now she's in Dear White People 

Oh, that's right! I still want to see that, though I don't have Netflix. :-/ If I'm remembering the character she's playing from the movie, she will knock that part out!

If you remember that show Hart of Dixie, she was in that for a while but I thought she was super underused. I'm glad she's starting to get more juicy parts. :-) 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yay! I go to the free trial but will probably shell out the whopping 2 bucks a month to get some decent movies in my life. I saw Secret Summer and enjoyed it a lot. I thought that the premise would be boring but it kept me entertained with the brother storyline and kids who weren't annoying.

Going to watch Cant Buy My Love next. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

PixL really needs to update their website to advertise the fact that they have a YT and now Amazon Channel. They don't even have a link to their YT account on there at all just Facebook. A $2 a mo subscription fee isn't bad at all.

• Love 2