Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Week 4, Night 2

• Start Topic

If things do not work out with Jared and Caila it is entirely his fault, I hope he is watches this show back and sees how seriously he screwed things up.  The TH's from Ashley are a serious burn. 

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, bblancobrnx said:

ETA - The twins CAN NOT be as dumb as they are portraying. I am pretty sure we learned the world's continents in like third grade....and maybe learned the first president of the USA even earlier than that. How one could go through their entire life into their 20's and not know what "Europe" is, well that is a very sad reflection on the US education system. I am just baffled at how that is even possible. Is this really representative of the current "information at you fingertips" generation? Or did TPTB just go out of their way to find the dumbest, most insulated people in the world?

Please do not blame the US education system for the twins.  I know educators aren't always perfect and the education system has many flaws, but THAT is not for a lack of being taught basic information; that is either a total and complete lack of caring, or it's fake.   Personally I think it's a little bit of both.

I don't think Carly is falling for Evan at all.  I think she likes him, and she wants to fall for him, but mostly I think she doesn't want to leave Paradise alone again.  I still think Evan is creepy and wish for better for Carly.

I love Nick and Jen and hope they make it.  

Ashley has moved from "crazy girl just looking for love" to a horrible witch, but I'm really pissed at Jared for not standing up for Caila and shutting Ashley down, and even more at the producers for allowing her to come back just so she can stir up more crazy and possibly ruin a potential real relationship. She's no longer amusing, and regardless of how anyone feels about Caila or Jared, they deserve a chance to at least find out if they could be a match.  If they did happen to make it out of Paradise as a couple however, I would love to hear what Caila has to say about Ashley's THs and the fact that Jared just sat there and didn't say a word in her defense.  And assuming they made it out of Paradise together, how on earth is Caila going to deal with Ashley being Jared's good friend and pulling this crap on them for the rest of their lives?  I couldn't do it.

• Love 15

Ashley. GIRL. GET A GRIP. Real talk: you need to get far away from this franchise and everyone associated with it. Immediately. You are marinating in a toxic stew of romance novels and rom coms* and One True Perfect ForeverLove TM. Stop talking to Jared. Stop talking to anyone who knows Jared. Move across the country and meet new people. Meet a therapist! Stop punishing yourself with the fiction that if you're not with your One True (imaginary) Fated Love, your life is worthless and you are worthless. Stop banging your head against the wall and claiming someone is forcing you do that. You can stop. You can just stop

*Not that romance novels and rom coms are necessarily bad, of course; but when you're a fantasist divorced from actual reality and basing your own self worth purely on whether you're in a relationship? They are poisonous to you. 

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, alannaofdoom said:

Ashley. GIRL. GET A GRIP. Real talk: you need to get far away from this franchise and everyone associated with it. Immediately. You are marinating in a toxic stew of romance novels and rom coms* and One True Perfect ForeverLove TM. Stop talking to Jared. Stop talking to anyone who knows Jared. Move across the country and meet new people. Meet a therapist! Stop punishing yourself with the fiction that if you're not with your One True (imaginary) Fated Love, your life is worthless and you are worthless. Stop banging your head against the wall and claiming someone is forcing you do that. You can stop. You can just stop

*Not that romance novels and rom coms are necessarily bad, of course; but when you're a fantasist divorced from actual reality and basing your own self worth purely on whether you're in a relationship? They are poisonous to you. 

At this point I believe that Ashley is also playing the role that the producers have set her up for.  The crazy is real, but this mean girl schtick, that wasn't Ashley of old.  She knows what gets her more screen time, and she knows that if she brought a shred of sanity to the island (I know it's not an island, but the Survivor references upthread seem to fit) instead of crazy, she'd be right where Sarah is now.

• Love 4

My thought is that Izzy realized Vinny was becoming too serious too soon for her.   Just because she dated a guy for a month and spent most of that time with him doesn't mean she has to stick with him for life.   She met a guy, liked him more than the other guys until someone else she wanted to date came on the scene.   She chatted the new guy up, let Vinny know she was keeping her options open.  That's all she owes him.   

Now we have Carly trying to make fetch happen.   I know this show is scripted, but the Izzy situation seems much healthier to me.   Is this a new millennial dating thing where you don't date various people until you're ready to settle down?    That sounds like settling to me.  Carly is a settler, and Izzy is an explorer.   

Ashley Insaneonetti needs a restraint order.   From Caila, and the show.  Jared is a simp who deserves her crazy cake.

caila may be boring, but she has self respect and maturity, other than Her indecisiveness. Fuck Jared.   Go after the hot guy who took twin horse riding.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I would have started my convo with Ashley after that with "Listen bitch, why are you here?!? You were voted out! Hello!! Where's this supposed open mind? Go the fuck home and stop trying to play spoiler on my relationship with a man you can never have. Grow up."

And to me, that would be great drama/television!  I can only imagine that this franchise has become so cartoonish that the only people we see are those vying for a future in reality TV.  Does Ashley have any kind of job? This makes, what 2 years she's been employed by the BachelorNation?  If some of these folks actually went out, made themselves useful, built a little confidence (and ego), who knows? They might meet real people.  If that was, of course, their intent....

10 hours ago, this-one-is-mine said:

Caila should say to Jared "I'm not going to defend my feelings for you to your mentally unstable stalker. If you are going to be listening to every poisonous thought that she plants into your head in an attempt to break us up, I'm not interested in dealing with your ass."

Ashley and Jared are a package deal.  Any friend of hers will have to listen to her non-stop blathering lunacy, and any girl he is interested in, well, you know.

It's one thing to play into stereotypes, or fulfill the "story" of the show, but another to be so bizarre as to make people question your sanity. But we are talking about the show, so does that mean it is a success? Oh, good heavens...

34 minutes ago, Kerri Okie said:

Ashley has moved from "crazy girl just looking for love" to a horrible witch, but I'm really pissed at Jared for not standing up for Caila and shutting Ashley down, and even more at the producers for allowing her to come back just so she can stir up more crazy and possibly ruin a potential real relationship. She's no longer amusing, and regardless of how anyone feels about Caila or Jared, they deserve a chance to at least find out if they could be a match.  If they did happen to make it out of Paradise as a couple however, I would love to hear what Caila has to say about Ashley's THs and the fact that Jared just sat there and didn't say a word in her defense.  And assuming they made it out of Paradise together, how on earth is Caila going to deal with Ashley being Jared's good friend and pulling this crap on them for the rest of their lives?  I couldn't do it.

Ashley is being obnoxious, but if Jared really wanted to pursue Caila in a serious way, he'd ignore Ashley's crap.

Did I just imagine that when Ashley first arrived on the scene and found them together, she told Jared Caila was a backstabbing whore? And then called her a robot who wasn't into him at all? And then he tells Caila Ashley is his good friend, giving him good advice, who never said anything bad about Caila to him? I can't decide if he's a master manipulator or just a clueless coward.

Caila. Sweetie. That is no way to confront the obsessed mean girl in love with the guy you are dating. Here's how you handle an Ashley:

(1) Lean into her space. Way in. Look her in the eyes with laser-like intensity.

(2) In a low, even tone, say words to the effect of this: Listen, you little bitch. Jared and I are together, and you are going to stay the fuck away from him and from me or I swear to God you are going to regret it.  Oh, and when I say together? I mean TOGETHER. So go peddle your crazy virgin ass to some other guy, because you are NEVER going to be with Jared. Nod your head if I am making myself clear. Good.

(3) Return directly to Jared and seduce him as publicly as possible.

If the guy was really into Caila, that should pretty much work, but since Jared is at least as much into "being friends" with Ashley, as he is being in a relationship with Caila, it probably won't. Because Ashley will run to Jared weeping over how mean and ugly Caila was to his dear friend, and I would bet Jared would comfort the poor thing. Followed by a discussion with Caila about how into her he is, and all but Ashley is his dear friend . . .

Ugh on the whole thing.

• Love 13

Carly is definitely settling.  I think she was definitely not that into him, but then she quickly realized she was not going to do better.  I do believe she has come to have affinity for him as a person though.

• Love 3

I had written a whole long post about why this Ashley lunacy is just not cute anymore, which disappeared when I went to submit it because of site upkeep happening at the same time dammit.

I see many others feel the same way I do about it. She's crossed the line and had become the mean girl who is lying and manipulating to get others to do/be what she wants them to do or be. 

I fully believe she contacted other women before the show as a pre-emptive strike against any one else who dared to look Jareds way. Pretending they have some great friendship so that the other can be shamed away from pursing any kind of relationship with her wishy washy Jared. Yes. Wishy washy is what you prove yourself to be Jared, allowing your "friend" to pull that kind of crap. 

Ashley has become a lying bitch mean person, using true insane stalker techniques. Not a cute heart eyed emoji, anymore. You can see the steam coming out of her head at the reality of Jared and Caila being attracted to each other. I thought they made a cute couple.

Too bad for you Jared that you didn't put a stop to it right off the bat. Wave bye bye to the spark you genuinely had for Caila who did absolutely nothing wrong except to cause a spark in you. Caila doesn't seem the type to put up with crazy, or bad taste.

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

The twins have probably found there is an advantage to pretending to be dumb.  They won't stop until it doesn't work for them anymore. Some men like stupid in a woman....I would imagine a number of them end up on Paradise Island.

I agree a lot of men like stupid women. But they want Amanda-stupid, not twin-stupid. Amandas mostly keep their mouths shut, so they don't embarrass you in public. The twins have their boobs out to meet the president.

• Love 9

Vinny , tho it hurts like hell now, you are going to do GREAT, once you heal from the shock of getting dumped by Izzy. She was attractive in her makeup last night on the couch after paradise, and looked different, better, than she had on the beach. So did Vinny. He looked hunkier.    

Get ready for all the women who are lining up now in hopes of meeting you. I guarantee they are! Beauties a'plenty who liked what they saw. :)

Edited by SassyCat
was unnecessarily mean. what comes over me about this show? I dunno, but I have to get a grip, lol.
  • Love 5

Am I making this up, or do I correctly remember that Evan was a pastor at one point? I can see that, actually. His kindly nerdiness seems a little different when you look at him in that context. I feel like he probably is the nicest person there and that Carly has more of a catch than some people realize.

Also, Vinny is better-looking than Lamp and seems to be a decent sort besides. Izzy has gone down in my estimation from being a down-to-earth sort of person to a befuddled adolescent who doesn't know what she wants. Good luck with that 'finding a mate' thing. 

Edited by LittleCabbage
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ashley basically bad mouths Caila to Jared and what does Jared do?  Run to Caila and say well I heard this, I heard that.

I love that Jared was trying to make it sound all casual, like he happened to overhear that "people" felt this way and Caila cut right to Ashley. She might be indecisive but she's not stupid. I don't blame her for being unsure about Jared. On the one hand, I do think she likes him, but he comes with HUGE baggage and I think she's like "do I want to be part of a threesome?" because anyone who dates Jared is going to be dating Ashley I too. He is not getting rid of his backup plan any time soon.

2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I don't think they are that stupid.  I think they are simply playing a part for T.V.

This is why I can't stand them. I do think they are playing it up for the camera but I don't find it amusing anymore. They have gone to the well too many times and it is bone dry now. Yes, you're dumb, you're dumb blondes, we get it. Why are you confused about why you are still single? Oh, right because you're dumb....and tediously boring. But everyone likes different things. I just think that dumb blonde routine is the root of why two reasonably attractive, big boobed blonde twins can't seem to attract the guys. Even the guys on this show have standards. lol

• Love 8

While I agree with the posters who want Ashley 'handled' away from Jared and Caila, the best way to do this is really two on one: the two of them vs. Ashley.  They need to present a united front, say their piece and then proceed to ignore Ashley for the duration.  No more off-side convos, no more gossip - it ends NOW.

Unfortunately, I don't think the producers will allow for it, but it does need to end with Ashley on the outside, where she deservedly belongs.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

And Daniel really is an odd duck, isn't he?  He has said some pretty insightful things, yet he continues to spout the weirdest shit most of the time.  Are all Canadians like that, or was he home schooled?    ; )

Were you?  There's 35 million of us.  He knew more about World Geography and American History than whichever that twin was.

Also, Vinny is better-looking than Lamp and seems to be a decent sort besides.

I agree Vinny seems like a good guy but I personally am more attracted to Lamp.

The whole issue for me though, is simply that Izzy didn't handle the situation well.  I was going to write more about this, but then I was simply writing that there was no good way to handle it.  If Izzy just asked Vinny for some space, THEN went after Lamp, it would still be totally obvious.  So she just cut right to the chase.  I guess she was in too deep with Vinny for this to look okay no matter what.  It seemed only a couple of weeks ago that she was desperate for Vinny to give her a rose instead of another woman.  Now Vinny should go after her (I forget who that was.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Maybe it's just the Canadian thing, but I do get a serious early Norm MacDonald vibe from Daniel's delivery. That almost befuddled-seeming deadpan followed by the little twinkle in his eye as he enjoys the absurdity that comes out of his mouth.

• Love 12

Carly basically crammed every rom-com cliche into that one speech "He was there the whole time and I didn't see it...Even when I look like shit he looks at me like I'm the most beautiful woman in the world...." Sorry she is full of it. To quoth Chad: "Are you seriously vibing this guy??" I wailed when Evan got the date card, why not someone like Nick?  

Did you catch Jade's reaction when Josh's name was mentioned? She no like him.

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 4

I think the date card was pre-determined and Evan and Carly had the best story this week. Josh and Amanda are really into each other and had no "relationship breakthrough" to do, Grant and Lace had their massage date and Nick and Jen aren't a real couple ( I suspect). They also needed a seperate segment for Jared and Caila so Ashley could weep some more. I think Evan and Carly are probably nice people in real life but they both fell into the low man on the totem pole trap and come across as a bit desperate. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Nick and Jen aren't a real couple ( I suspect).

Well, no. They're known each other four days. I don't think any girls Nick's type have been on this season. Andi and Kaitlyn were both smart and witty. Jen's conversation is pretty bland.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, whimsey98 said:

But that is how Evan looks at her.  Why not Nick?  Has Nick shown any interest in Carly? She can't make something happen that won't. Evan may not to be the taste of anyone here, but how does that matter in relationship to Carly who has somehow worked her way out of the island group think that Evan isn't worth a woman's time a day to maybe he is worth one woman's attention.  Has he been goofy?  Yes.  Has he shown poor judgment?  Yes.  But that's not the problem of anyone here. 

Actually I don't care.  I'm much more interested in looking at her very sweet dog (from Carly's Twitter feed).

CqV5gxSW8AMLYrb.jpg

No the question was, why didn't Nick get the date card so that he could go out with Jen? Nobody thinks Nick would go for Carly. 

Editing to add that Carly is beautiful and IMO there's no reason why Nick wouldn't like her. It's just that they have shown no interest in each other.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I know I am the only one here that feels this way but I actually liked Bachelor Pad better.

YOU ARE NOT. Absolutely NOT the only one. I feel very passionately about this. The only time I ever agreed with Chris Bukowski was when he showed up on Bachelor in Paradise and proclaimed that Bachelor Pad was the best show in this franchise anyway. They had fun games like having to make out with all of the opposite gender contestants blindfolded which shook up couples, ex-fiances who had to remain part of the same team while one was falling in love with someone else, voting booths, and ultimate screw-over finales when the underdog kept all the money for himself. It was brilliant, and Bachelor in Paradise will never be that. Who is actually watching this show for the love stories?! Not me.

I have nothing really to add about this episode except that I loved Caila's green top and she looked banging on that date, and that grey crop top with pigtails that Ashley I. had on at the end of the episode reminded me of my 6th grade wardrobe.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, huahaha said:
49 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Nick and Jen aren't a real couple ( I suspect).

Well, no. They're known each other four days. I don't think any girls Nick's type have been on this season. Andi and Kaitlyn were both smart and witty. Jen's conversation is pretty bland.

I had forgotten Jen was on this show until last night!  She seems sweet and I guess she is getting edited out because she isn't behaving like a howling monkey a'la Ashley.  But yeah no major problems/issues going on with her & Nick either.  Walls being up is a common (I think) thing to happen early in a relationship. 

Edited by Dirtybubble
Double Post

Andi and Kaitlyn were both smart and witty.

Kaitlyn was smart and Andi was witty? Okay... I would say what Andi and Kaitlyn were that Jen doesn't seem to be, are strong and dominant personalities which Nick admitted to being his type on his date with Amanda. That's when she responded in her nails on a chalk board voice about being sweet but not a pushover, except she said it how she says everything, where it was almost like she was asking him a question. 

For the record, that isn't to say that I don't think Jen is strong but just that her personality isn't this dominant personality like these other women. I agree with a comment above that so far she just seems normal, almost too normal for this show and so she's being ignored in favor of Ashley and her histrionics and all the other drama that's going on.

I don't think she's a pushover because I think she was very assertive in how she approached the conversation with Nick. She's just not going to be a drama queen and be loud and aggressive, which unfortunately for her is not really the personality types that get a lot of screen-time. I don't know what happens between her and Nick but based off of both their social media activities post show, especially hers, there is clearly no hard feelings.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I strongly dislike Fake Josh and Amanda both, so I hope they pair up, get married, yada yada, and I never see either one of them again. PLEASE. And what's up with Ryan Beckett coming to Paradise and not getting a date card? That's a first, come to Paradise to never be seen again. Too bad for me since he's a hottie mc hottie IMO.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Kaitlyn was smart and Andi was witty? Okay...

Well, maybe more the other way around. :)  Andi was a district attorney who went to Wake Forest, and Kaitlyn was funny enough to get Amy Schumer's stamp of approval. Jen is pretty and nice but not really a dynamo. (Not that she needs to be to get a nice guy generally, just to be Nick's type.)

• Love 1

Wow Nick is almost 10 years older than Jen! I think Nick does approach this situation with some maturity--I kind of like their slow-burn romance developing rather than just a hookup. It's pretty amazing how Nick has really grown on me--I used to compare him to Peter MacNicol now he's my favorite!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kbilly said:

Wow Nick is almost 10 years older than Jen! I think Nick does approach this situation with some maturity--I kind of like their slow-burn romance developing rather than just a hookup. It's pretty amazing how Nick has really grown on me--I used to compare him to Peter MacNicol now he's my favorite!

Nah the Peter MacNicol comparison still fits. It's the hair. 

eta: I also think Nick just likes the chase and a challenge. I thought it was interesting that Jen said she noticed when she pulls back a bit or he thinks she's doing that, that's when he'd be more attentive and closer to her. I liked her saying she wanted him to be that way without her having to pull back, essentially saying she wasn't interested in playing games. YMMV but amidst all the Ashley nonsense and even Carly and Evan's nerd/cool girl rom-com relationship, I thought this scene was nice because it seemed like two normal adults having a normal conversation. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LittleCabbage said:

Am I making this up, or do I correctly remember that Evan was a pastor at one point? I can see that, actually. His kindly nerdiness seems a little different when you look at him in that context. I feel like he probably is the nicest person there and that Carly has more of a catch than some people realize.

Also, Vinny is better-looking than Lamp and seems to be a decent sort besides. Izzy has gone down in my estimation from being a down-to-earth sort of person to a befuddled adolescent who doesn't know what she wants. Good luck with that 'finding a mate' thing. 

Is Evan really kind?  I see a manipulative shit stirrer who leaves his young kids to go a a stupid reality show.   There is a reason he is reputed to be well off but dateless.   Well off men who are kind have to beat suitors off with a stick.   

• Love 7

This is slightly off-topic (sorry!), but it's extremely timely, so I figured I'd post this here (don't know where else it would go):

I was watching a "Law & Order" rerun on WE the other night and a commercial came on for Patti Stanger's "Millionaire Matchmaker" show (it's moved from Bravo to WE).  Anyway, Ashley I. will be on this Friday night's episode (WE; 10 p.m.)  I just confirmed it on WE's website:

10:00PM

MILLION DOLLAR MATCHMAKER

THE CRYING VIRGIN AND THE GULLIBLE

SEASON 1, EPISODE 8

Ashley must let go of her past and open her heart; Dakota has to learn to turn a blind eye.

Edited by MMLEsq

Really Caila looks like she could, smiling the entire time, hold Ashley's head under water then go running for help about the "accident". 

Ashley reasons like a toddler and it's tiring. Jared isn't helping.

I laughed when I saw the lamp in Brett's credits shot.

Josh must so be that guy who orders for you without bothering to find out what you like or dislike.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Really Caila looks like she could, smiling the entire time, hold Ashley's head under water then go running for help about the "accident".

Wow. I see the reverse!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And what's up with Ryan Beckett coming to Paradise and not getting a date card? That's a first, come to Paradise to never be seen again. Too bad for me since he's a hottie mc hottie IMO.

He did get a date card. Jared tried to sell him on Ashley so that she would leave him and Caila alone, but Ryan didn't fall for that and took one of the twins instead. The date was a total snooze fest though; the only thing I can remember is twin's hideous fuchsia-and-black Fredericks of Hollywood getup. Ryan is 10 years older than twin and doesn't seem prone to silliness, so the two of them don't have much in common.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Jared needs to be called out on mealy-mouthing everything and playing both sides of the fence. He's delusional to think he can be friendly with Ashley and take her advice on women. Caila was right to call him out on it. She's going to be pissed when she sees all the names Ashley called her and the fact that Jared greeted those insults with... silence.

7 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Ashley has become a lying bitch mean person, using true insane stalker techniques. Not a cute heart eyed emoji, anymore. You can see the steam coming out of her head at the reality of Jared and Caila being attracted to each other. I thought they made a cute couple.

Too bad for you Jared that you didn't put a stop to it right off the bat. Wave bye bye to the spark you genuinely had for Caila who did absolutely nothing wrong except to cause a spark in you. Caila doesn't seem the type to put up with crazy, or bad taste.

Absolutely agree. Ashley is a horrible person - really, no amount of innocent lovesickness justifies "I can make out with his mind." - but JARED is the central figure here and needs to set Ashley straight if he really wants a chance with Caila.

Carly commented in a tweet last night that many people had doubts about Caila's intentions. Maybe she's had the world's best edit, because I honestly don't know where this is coming from. Based on Caila's reactions to a guy gyrating at her and her overall reservedness, couldn't it actually make sense that she might be attracted to low-key, quiet Jared?

But, just for giggles, let's say she's just stringing Jared along for fun. What good would it do - for her - to mess with an unstable stalker? Her 'brand' is being a sweet girl. 

Sure, she changed her mind several times about a date (that she really wasn't that into), but is that really worse than Carly's complete 180 on Evan? And her smiling all the time .. is that really worse than Ashley's perpetual waterworks?

I don't think Caila would have been a great Bachelorette but I don't see anything wrong with what she's done here. And I can't believe I wrote all of that.

• Love 14

Gosh Jared and his ego kill me. Shut Ashley down or in the words of Beyoncé "put a ring on iit". (Holy shit she's so big the iPhone gives the sign above the last e!)  I never typed her name before.  

Men are pretty simple, dear Ashley. They like good blowjobs, great food, laughter and as a general rule not a whole lot of analysis. So her claim that she gets  his brain or whatever the fuck she said just shows how much she's missing the mark. I'm so over her and angrier I added fuel to the fire instead of spending my time how gross  Evan looked in that hellhole of a steam pit and I thought Carly looked gorgeous. 

That guy hits my "oh no fucking way" meter on a 100. And it's not just looks- it's just....him. 

And did Calia and Jared really make out in that cesspool? 

I I get you have to check your self respect and dignity at the door of Paradise, but do they have to surrender their don't want disease from kissing in the waters of worst disease of your life come true card?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Were you?  There's 35 million of us.  He knew more about World Geography and American History than whichever that twin was.

I agree Vinny seems like a good guy but I personally am more attracted to Lamp.

The whole issue for me though, is simply that Izzy didn't handle the situation well.  I was going to write more about this, but then I was simply writing that there was no good way to handle it.  If Izzy just asked Vinny for some space, THEN went after Lamp, it would still be totally obvious.  So she just cut right to the chase.  I guess she was in too deep with Vinny for this to look okay no matter what.  It seemed only a couple of weeks ago that she was desperate for Vinny to give her a rose instead of another woman.  Now Vinny should go after her (I forget who that was.)

Love your first line, Ms Blue Jay! It also reminds me of how often, when I am travelling in the states, an American will ask me if I know some random person at the other end of the country just because we are both Canadian. I am sure it has happened to many other Canadians on this board.

Which leads me to my second comment, which is rather funny. After many years of not watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette I watched Ben's season, then watched Jo-Jo's with a bunch of ladies on my street who have been watching as a group for several years. As it turns out, Daniel's hometown is an hour away from mine. Within the first couple of epis one of the ladies told us that one of her co-workers used to date Daniel. None of us commented much on it as Daniel didn't have much to say or do and was gone fairly quickly. Now I am watching BIP for the first time ever and would love to know if Daniel has always been this odd/funny or if he is putting on an act. However I don't remember which neighbour told us about her co-worker, and I don't want anyone to know I am watching BIP - lol. Though I have to say I do find it much more entertaining that the other two series.

• Love 3

There's an ad out for a movie about (I think) a couple that hires a live-in surrogate, and the surrogate goes all Fatal Attraction on them.  Every time I see the ad, I think that Jared and Calia should get married and hire Ashley I. as their live-in surrogate.

• Love 5

I commend Caila for the way approached Ashley. She was pretty calm and reasonable. I would have had a hard time  being like that--Ashley's such an awful person when it comes to Jared. If the situation was reversed, I think people would be talking about putting out a restraining order. She -does- realize that some day he's going to have a relationship, fall in love and...get MARRIED, right?  She doesn't even seem to be trying to accept reality.

Vinny looked very handsome on the aftershow.  Izzy looked surprisingly good, too. I'd never noticed her on the show and thought she was very plain, but tanned and ... maybe a little thinner?...she was quite stunning.  I don't know what was different.

At first I confused Jade and Tanner with that fake couple from last summer.  I enjoyed seeing them--and their ability to see through Ashley's manipulations--once I figured it out.  They really do have a nice vibe (unlike, say, Amanda and Josh, who both seem so smug and neither one of them is anything special--Josh, in particular, is obnoxious.).

• Love 2

Does anyone really believe the Ashley/Jared stuff?  Or even the Chad stuff for that matter?  It may be that some of this stuff is real, but I think half these people are assigned roles which they agree to play along with (Ashley onion and a few others come to mind as well).   None of them need shrinks, but hopefully they have good brokers.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Which leads me to my second comment, which is rather funny. After many years of not watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette I watched Ben's season, then watched Jo-Jo's with a bunch of ladies on my street who have been watching as a group for several years. As it turns out, Daniel's hometown is an hour away from mine. Within the first couple of epis one of the ladies told us that one of her co-workers used to date Daniel. None of us commented much on it as Daniel didn't have much to say or do and was gone fairly quickly. Now I am watching BIP for the first time ever and would love to know if Daniel has always been this odd/funny or if he is putting on an act. However I don't remember which neighbour told us about her co-worker, and I don't want anyone to know I am watching BIP - lol. Though I have to say I do find it much more entertaining that the other two series.

I'm sure none of the people in the Bachelor/Bachelorette viewing group will judge you for watching BiP (and I'm sure a good portion of them watches it too). The whole point of BiP is too see more of the people who've been on the original shows. It would be so great if you could find out more about Daniel and report back!

FWIW, I've given up on trying to hide my Bachelor/ette/Pad/In Paradise habit a long time ago. If anyone is going to think less of me because I enjoy trashy TV on Monday nights, I don't want to be friends with them anyway. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Fable said:

Does anyone really believe the Ashley/Jared stuff?  Or even the Chad stuff for that matter?  It may be that some of this stuff is real, but I think half these people are assigned roles which they agree to play along with (Ashley onion and a few others come to mind as well).   None of them need shrinks, but hopefully they have good brokers.  

I go back and forth.  If the Jared/Ashley story is scripted, then it's seriously bad writing.  There's been no arc or character change for either of them.  It's the same repetitive thing over and over.    I think right now I'm leaning towards Jared and Ashley just being self-involved morons.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I'm sure none of the people in the Bachelor/Bachelorette viewing group will judge you for watching BiP (and I'm sure a good portion of them watches it too). The whole point of BiP is too see more of the people who've been on the original shows. It would be so great if you could find out more about Daniel and report back!

FWIW, I've given up on trying to hide my Bachelor/ette/Pad/In Paradise habit a long time ago. If anyone is going to think less of me because I enjoy trashy TV on Monday nights, I don't want to be friends with them anyway.

I think I will ask a couple of the ladies next time I see them if they remember who it was who worked with Daniel's ex. Then I will ask her as I am curious. It may take me a bit of time to track down who it was (and to see if she asked for any more info) but if/when I find out anything I will report back here.

• Love 5

Ok, someone help me here. 

Jade and Tanner come back to this show, as an example of a couple who is a "success story"  of the show.  they met on the show, got married, and are living happily ever after. 

This is the same Jade and Tanner who are going on "marriage Boot Camp - reality Stars", a show where reality show couples who are having marital issues are put through the paces, to complete tasks to reveal their deep-seated issues so they can decide whether to stay together or divorce. 

So, which reality is real?

• Love 2