Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Week 4, Night 1

• Start Topic

"Makeover Day" would be awesome.  Izzy and Sarah would have both looked light years better with a shorter (maybe shoulder length?) bouncier hair style (with maybe some strategic highlights or other coloring).  And yeah, I imagine in Las Vegas the twins look like a million other women there, but imagine if they--and Lace, and Ashley--were stripped of the heavy makeup and false eyelashes and given just a modest amount of makeup so they looked like the young women they are.  How refreshing would that be.

Oh, and watching Evan kiss Carly? Still not a good kisser. To compare, there was one scene on Bach'ette where Luke kissed JoJo that I thought was pretty hot--now that was a kiss. (Though in other scenes I thought Luke's kisses looked pretty chaste.)

• Love 3

I don't find Izzy ugly at all.  She's an average looking girl with enough self confidence to talk like an adult to a hot guy she's interested in.   For fuck sake, the point of this show is to hook up and date.   She's attracted to another guy.   She's not betrothed to Vinny, nor should she feel bad for wanting to date someone else.  I'll take Izzy's plainness over the other inches of spackle bimbos any day.    Self confidence trumps "hot" any day.  Shit, I don't even know who she is, but she doesn't bug me at all.  

• Love 10

I know I'm in the minority concerning "girl code" and this show (I hate the expression btw but it's the clearest way to explain). If you are friends with a woman enough to hang out, Skype, talk on the phone, then don't go after the man she loves. Period. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

I look at this totally differently, only because Ashley is such a psycho.  I believe that once she found out who the women were that were potentially coming on Paradise, she reached out to all of them and expressly mentioned she would not want them interested in Jared.  She is a nut, I do not see her as above doing this.  I am sure they all politely said sure OK Ashley, I won't, I mean what else can you say?  Who would say, "Sorry Ashley I reserve the right to like him if that ends up happening"?  I am sure if Ashley could have had every woman sign an affidavit agreeing to stay away from Jared she would have.

Same thing with her claims to have met his family, etc.  For a person obsessed like Ashley meeting Jared's family probably means she found out when they were all going out to dinner somewhere and showed up at the restaurant like "What a coincidence running into you!  Hello Jared's Mom I am Ashley I!".

If you think about it all of the things she is saying could be attributed to her obsession with him and pushing herself on him. 

• Love 14

I still don't think Ashley I should have been allowed to just decide  to stay.  Why bother handing out roses if people can just decide not to leave?

I laughed that Izzy wants to trade up from the barber for the hairdresser.  I guess she does have a type.

Maybe the people with the date cards should be able to pick anyone of their choosing.  Then the person asked can't refuse the date.  It might help break up some couples that get in the rut of staying together to just stay on the show. 

Carly still doesn't seem very happy.  She has her free rose with Evan.  But they don't act like a happy couple to me.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, nutty1 said:

I have only 2 thoughts.....

Nick is without a doubt the voice of reason this season.

And thank goodness Caila wasn't The Bachelorette!

THIS!  I always expect this from Nick but never realized how dull Caila is. 

7 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

I believe that once she found out who the women were that were potentially coming on Paradise, she reached out to all of them and expressly mentioned she would not want them interested in Jared.  She is a nut, I do not see her as above doing this.  

I bet she did.  The speculation on how did Caila and Ashley ended up meeting, solved!  

23 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I think Izzy is quite appealing (of course I'm a straight woman who doesn't wear makeup). She has a cute smile and an engaging attitude.

Ha ha!  I am a straight woman who wears make up.  I thought a little light foundation, mascara and some blush would have been the way to go! 

Why in the world did the contestants allow Ashley I. to return?  I wish someone had just flatly stated "No".  I think the rest of these idiots would have gone along with that.

Caila continues to impress me.  She's great, and one of the hottest girls ever on the franchise.  

I know this show SEEMS like its been on forever, but I think they've only been in Paradise for a couple of weeks in real time as of last night's episode.  No one there has anything approaching a "real relationship"; they're all merely vacationing together.  You would think that Vinnie and Izzy are some old married couple, when they've actually just met.  They all just need to date other people and see what happens.  if anything "real" occurs, they can work it out after they return home.  Anything else is just ridiculous.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I don't find Izzy ugly at all.  She's an average looking girl with enough self confidence to talk like an adult to a hot guy she's interested in.

Average looking?  Wow.  I think Izzy is pretty.  I guess in Hollywood/L.A. standards she might be average but anywhere else I would think guys would be tripping over themselves to be with her.  Enh, what do I know though.  And I agree if she's attracted to someone else then yeah go for it.  She's not married or engaged to Vinny.  She had the decency to tell him, however hurtful it may have been to him, so go pursue Mr. Fluffy Hair. 

1 minute ago, Gregg247 said:

Why in the world did the contestants allow Ashley I. to return?  I wish someone had just flatly stated "No".  I think the rest of these idiots would have gone along with that.

That whole thing bugged the shit out of me.  Are we honestly expected to believe these dunces just let her stay because they said so?  She was allowed to stay so we, the viewing audience, get to experience her snotting and sniffling her way thru at least 3 or 4 more episodes.  Gah, I don't like this chick. 

• Love 5

So Carly likes Evan because he's a good person, and she just realized that's what she should be looking for. Meanwhile, he admits he faked an injury to get her attention. Sounds like a liar to me. And he practically assaulted Carly when she admitted she liked him, although I think he saw that playing on tv more as passion. He is so gross. I think Carly can do much much better.

I can't see Caila ending up with any of these BIP guys. Her dad is a CEO, and apparently she is in sales and a top seller at her company (someone I know knows someone who knows someone who works with her and she's very successful in her field).  So I can't see her settling for the Applebee's manager (Jared) or male hairdresser (Brett).  I actually thought her indecisiveness was hilarious. It's Jared, after all. That boy needs a taste of his own medicine. But hey, at least he felt he had it coming, listing all the women whose hearts he broke. A rare moment of self-reflection on BIP.

What's with Josh and the pizza? I think a production assistant shows up with random slices throughout the evening and feeds Josh just like at a zoo.

I'm in the camp that Izzy is odd looking, but I don't think her stomach flip-flop reaction upon seeing Brett is unusual. Sometimes, it just happens.  Vinny should be grateful she was honest. It would have been hanging over her head the whole time she was there. Why pretend it isn't happening? And if she was okay with letting go of Vinny so fast, well, sorry, what is she supposed to do? Marry the guy because they had a pleasant start?

I think Lace and Caila and Jennifer are the prettiest girls there. I"d like to see Ryan without his beard. I don't like this hipster beard trend. I always wondered what Robbie (JoJo's castoff) looked like underneath his.

Maybe they should make Jared or Vinny the Bachelor.  A Jared season would send Ashley off the edge.  But since so many women like him it'd be a good choice. Or maybe bring back Arie, once and for all.  

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I still don't think Ashley I should have been allowed to just decide  to stay.  Why bother handing out roses if people can just decide not to leave?

And then she turned around and did not use her second chance but it was merely a ploy to stalk Jared and connive even more.

Dear Ashley's dad - please come get her out of "paradise" and into an inhouse rehab center.  She is certifiable.

22 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

So Carly likes Evan because he's a good person, and she just realized that's what she should be looking for. Meanwhile, he admits he faked an injury to get her attention. Sounds like a liar to me. And he practically assaulted Carly when she admitted she liked him, although I think he saw that playing on tv more as passion. He is so gross. I think Carly can do much much better.

I caught that too.  He is such a weasel.  He grosses me out now.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

They were told to say yes, production wanted her back. 

47 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

What's with Josh and the pizza? I think a production assistant shows up with random slices throughout the evening and feeds Josh just like at a zoo.

I had one of the best pizzas in Mexico.  It is all about the crust for me and they nailed it.  Might be why we see him eating it often or it's the only food available on the fly late at night.  

Maybe they should make Jared or Vinny the Bachelor.  A Jared season would send Ashley off the edge.  But since so many women like him it'd be a good choice. Or maybe bring back Arie, once and for all.  

Yes anyone but the choices we have now.  I would LOVE to see Jared as the bach!   Though a Jef fan I would welcome Arie, he is a good guy. 

We saw him on his bed, not feeling well.  My guess is that he didn't need to go to the ER but production seized the moment to create some drama.   They are unabashedly exposing their manipulation and I love it!   I think they fed him the 'I faked it line.'

Carly has always been looking for a good person, they all are.  He came on too strong right out of the gate and it was off putting for her.  Most would respond, whoa! slow down.  If she were desperate like many say, she would have latched onto him immediately.  She needed some distance to see him more clearly.  I get that. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Izzy is so very hard to look at.

Yes! but only from the side! Her profile is t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. but straight on she is very pretty. So strange!

Nick and the Lamp for the win! They have the two best personalities in Paradise!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, portergirl99 said:

Yes! but only from the side! Her profile is t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e. but straight on she is very pretty. So strange!

Nick and the Lamp for the win! They have the two best personalities in Paradise!

I don't know why he (Brett?) is called the lamp.  Can someone fill me in, please? 

12 hours ago, backformore said:

Hayley pretended to be interested n Daniel in order to get the rose, then acted like he was being a creep because he wanted to spend time with her.  Then she wears lingerie on a date with a new guy.

Seriously, WTF was that outfit? Lingerie on top, shorts on the bottom? Or was that just straight up lingerie that she thought was fit to wear in public? I know those 2 are cocktail waitresses so they probably dress like that for work, but other public places are different...

Izzy, last week you were "in it to Vin it" and now you're trying to switch boyfriends with him sitting right there! I guess that's one way to let Vinny know, just raise your voice slightly. "Not ONE person...except for this one guy over here." But there's been like 6 other guys in between and she didn't even give a second glance to ONE of them! Ok, point of the show, but just silly the way she phrased it. 

That was such a dick move. In no way is she obligated to be in love or ready for marriage after 2 weeks, but if you've spent 2 weeks calling yourself part of a couple, you owe the other half of that couple a conversation BEFORE you start "exploring options" right in front of him. Also, Vinny seems like a genuinely good guy, so she's probably making a really stupid choice. 

Also I'd like to remind Izzy that she is not exactly the Belle of the Ball here... it's just inexplicable that someone could get their circuits flipped that quickly and easily! The most "stable" (used oh so loosely and relatively with this bunch) couple but then she's reaching out to another guy and is "75%" on the guy who she was lucky showed interest in her and was even thinking marriage?!? Yikes. The crazy on tonight's show was soooo ott it was like (no offense meant here) everything people say they hate about dealing with women in social situations. I personally came away thinking maybe Izzy is more crazy than Ashley I even.

Yeah and I hate to even go there, but she's at the bottom of the pile looks-wise, even in this extremely small selection of women. Of course new guy is going to act interested since his date fell flat and he's going to be kicked out if he doesn't find a rose somewhere, but the minute a really hot girl comes walking down the stairs, she'll probably get cast aside. Which frankly, she'd deserve at this point. 

I missed the first hour so I couldn't figure out where Sarah had gone, I thought she must have left on her own. So Ashley I just asked to stay??? Lol

Ashley I reminds me of Baby's sister from Dirty Dancing.  I guess that would make Jared her "Robby".

I said the same thing last night! When she was prancing around in the half top with her hair pulled up, she looked just like Lisa! 

Ashley's got to be in on the joke. She seems to have a decent head on her shoulders in non-Jared related activities. It would be more likely that she knows it's what keeps her in the Bachelor-sphere, and so she milks it. It would be a shame if it detracts her -- or Jared -- from actually finding The One in real life, though.

Ashley's totally playing the reality tv game. Did you catch her glance over her shoulder to look for the cameras when she was mournfully howling her way down the beach? And in the previews, they show her squeezing her eyes shut with fake tears and then popping one open to make sure people were watching. 

I sure hope she's making enough between the show and the Instagram hawking to not need a regular job though because I can't imagine anyone leaping to hire someone who behaves this way in front of millions of viewers. 

That gyrating guy was wearing the same bathing suit as Brett, so that was her date humping around her face as she sat in that chair. I'd of said stop thrusting your dick at my face, jerk. Why do men think that women like that? I think he was trying to imitate Carl who was not being told to cool his jets, by Emily or Haley, I forget who was the "lucky" one on this date.

No wonder Caila ran back to Jarod as fast as she could get herself away from Brett. Yuck.

I loved Caila shutting down lap dance guy, I would have done the same. That booze cruise looked terrible and such a wrong fit for Caila. Good for her for dancing and seeming to have fun before the raunchiness set in. Of course Emily was right at home there. 

Wait, Jen's still there? I already forgot she was there. Has she talked this episode?

Ha, I read this and was all "Who's Jen???" Again, I missed the first hour so I assume her only screen time was getting a rose? 

When Caila left you can see exactly how Jared keeps Ashley just barely strung along. He pretends to be annoyed but loves the attention. 

Yep. He doesn't say much to actually encourage her, but he doesn't do anything to discourage her either. Ashley's celebration at "winning" by default was cracking me up. "Girl loves boy, boy loves someone else who doesn't love him back so...girl gets boy by accident! Yay!!" 

• Love 3

@familyvan:  (why isn't my quote function working?)

I look at this totally differently, only because Ashley is such a psycho.  I believe that once she found out who the women were that were potentially coming on Paradise, she reached out to all of them and expressly mentioned she would not want them interested in Jared.  She is a nut, I do not see her as above doing this.  I am sure they all politely said sure OK Ashley, I won't, I mean what else can you say?  Who would say, "Sorry Ashley I reserve the right to like him if that ends up happening"?  I am sure if Ashley could have had every woman sign an affidavit agreeing to stay away from Jared she would have.

Same thing with her claims to have met his family, etc.  For a person obsessed like Ashley meeting Jared's family probably means she found out when they were all going out to dinner somewhere and showed up at the restaurant like "What a coincidence running into you!  Hello Jared's Mom I am Ashley I!".

If you think about it all of the things she is saying could be attributed to her obsession with him and pushing herself on him. 

Yes, I agree!   And "we text every day"  could be that she texts him good morning and good night, and a thousand things in between, and he says "thanks"  or "OK".  Though Ashley says she came on to meet someone, it's pretty clear she came back to return to where "they fell in love" to re-kindle the romance. 

I also do not buy, for one minute that Ashley was in a car heading out of paradise, and said "turn the car around, I'm going back!"  and the driver complied.  That was all set up.  The producers didn't want her to leave, and they forced the others to agree to let her stay.   It sets up a bad precedent, though - can't anyone, in the future, decide to "put it to a vote"  instead of leaving?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

We saw him on his bed, not feeling well.  My guess is that he didn't need to go to the ER but production seized the moment to create some drama.   They are unabashedly exposing their manipulation and I love it!   I think they fed him the 'I faked it line.'

Yes! Was just going to ask if anyone else thought Evan isn't smooth enough to fake an illness to get the girl. Pretty sure he had some issue and then latched on to the storyline of faking it either to 1) not be embarrassed, or 2) appear more "cool" than he is. Somehow in Evan's mind he's bought the producer line of this making him have more game.

• Love 3

Ashley's got to be in on the joke. She seems to have a decent head on her shoulders in non-Jared related activities

Except she was an emotional mess over Chris Soules, when she was on The Bachelor. Which leads me to believe that it's not just Jared who is inciting the waterworks. It's probably how she learned to get her way throughout life.  

I also do not buy, for one minute that Ashley was in a car heading out of paradise, and said "turn the car around, I'm going back!"  and the driver complied.  That was all set up.  The producers didn't want her to leave, and they forced the others to agree to let her stay.   It sets up a bad precedent, though - can't anyone, in the future, decide to "put it to a vote"  instead of leaving?

Of course not. It was time for Sarah to leave, once again. But maybe Daniel was given the option to give the rose to Ashley, only if he wanted to. Otherwise, they'd find another reason for her to stay. I'm sure the producers called the driver's cell phone and told him to turn around after a five minute drive.  

Then she wears lingerie on a date with a new guy.

OMG, that was so funny. Trash, trash, trash. Now at least Caila's off the shoulder horse riding getup doesn't seem as bad.

We saw him on his bed, not feeling well.  My guess is that he didn't need to go to the ER but production seized the moment to create some drama.

When I saw him on the bed, he looked like he was sleeping to me. The whole thing look faked, IMO.  

• Love 3

What is the point of eliminations if you can just come back? What is the point of date cards if Grant can just plan his own date (or ask producers to plan his own date)? The massage, hot tub and champagne was a hell of a lot better than the booze cruise "date"! That said I could really care less about Grant and Lace, I am so uninterested.

Favorite laugh out loud moment for me: Ashley shows back up, and Nick groans.

Me too, it was hilarious because it was 100 percent, all of America's reaction.

Carl is hot. The other new guy with the beard who Daniel said should be on Seniors Paradise (!!!!)...I felt bad that his only option was one of the twins--she's sooo young for him.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, backformore said:

It absolutely sets a bad precedent. Now anyone who comes on the show and has no shame or self respect that they were voted out by not getting a rose can just whine and beg their way back in with a cast vote. Absolutely ridiculous! Good thing I am here just for the drama and really don't care about anything else or I might actually be bothered by it! Anything that gives me more of Ashley I's sweet tears to nourish myself is a welcome addition!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bblancobrnx said:

Good thing I am here just for the drama and really don't care about anything else or I might actually be bothered by it!

Yes, this. I just view the whole thing as a scripted show with non-actors. Kind of like semi-improve. The plot is scripted but the actors are allowed to make up the dialog, so long as it fits the narrative. The show has it's stars, your Twins, Ashley, Nick and you're bit players. Unfortunately, Sarah was a bit player whose storyline was played out so she doesn't get to come back, but there is still more drama to squeeze out of the Ashley/Jared saga, so she stays.  I think they had Daniel pick the Twin because they wanted the Barbie Twins to stay and Ashley to stay and it was easier to work in the Ashley begs to stay story. I can't seen anyone buying that these morons would allow not one but BOTH twins to stick around after neither gets a rose.

Honestly, the writing for this show is better than some I watch.

• Love 5

What is the point of eliminations if you can just come back? What is the point of date cards if Grant can just plan his own date (or ask producers to plan his own date)? The massage, hot tub and champagne was a hell of a lot better than the booze cruise "date"! That said I could really care less about Grant and Lace, I am so uninterested.

Good point!  Isn't Grant sweet that he set that up?  Hired a masseuse, went out and bought champagne,  did he build a hot tub, too?  Wait!  how the hell did he do all that without a cell phone or internet?  oh, yeah, he didn't.

We've seen contestants set up dinners, massages - one of the twins even baked a cake.  If they have all these options, why does it look like they are all spending all day with nothing  to do except cry, complain, and make out?  Why aren't they ALL going on dates all the time?  Or hanging out in the kitchen, making elaborate dinners  for each other?     Oh yeah, because they're not really doing these things on their own, the producers are setting it up. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, adhoc said:

Vinnie to Izzy: You're just going to throw away what we have because he...looks good?

That is so funny, coming from a man.

That's one of the things I like about BiP. It shows that men and women are basically the same. And also that someone can look like one type of person (Jared being standoffish, Izzy being committed, Emily caring whether a guy knew which twin was which) until the right person walks in and flips the switch.

Ashley doesn't deserve any sympathy, in my opinion. She's behaving like a cartoon character. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed that Izzy wants to trade up from the barber for the hairdresser.  I guess she does have a type.

Maybe the people with the date cards should be able to pick anyone of their choosing.  Then the person asked can't refuse the date.  It might help break up some couples that get in the rut of staying together to just stay on the show. 

Carly still doesn't seem very happy.  She has her free rose with Evan.  But they don't act like a happy couple to me.

LOL! I didn't even think about the new guy being a hairdresser and Vinny a barber. 

Your date card idea is perfect. I'm so sick of seeing these couples. It's boring. The only interesting part of the Rose ceremony was the question of who Daniel will give his rose to. Pathetic.

• Love 2

I say, since it's so scripted anyway, the date card reads "Vinnie, you and Lace will be going on a date today. Wear your bathing suits, things are going to be wet!" Basically, let production pick. Or hell, make them play spin the bottle. Whoever the bottle lands on, that's their date. If you are in a "relationship" it isn't going to be destroyed by one date with someone else. If you decide you would rather stay with your "boo" then the two of you pack your bags and get off the show. See how fast these power couples break up when they realize they aren't going to be televised anymore.

I don't believe "true love" can be found on a what 4 week vacation in the armpit of Mexico so give that up show and go with hook ups and drama.

• Love 4

There is a thread called "how would you improve the show?" -  I can think of ways to improve it, but the main thing is to not encourage the establishment of "couples"  right off the bat - to encourage all the participants to spend time with other "dates" to test the waters and see who they might like spending time with.  At least that way, the rose ceremonies wouldn't be a done deal each week, with each person giving a rose to their boyfriend/girlfriend.

I don't believe "true love" can be found on a what 4 week vacation in the armpit of Mexico so give that up show and go with hook ups and drama.

Right -  and the idea that they have until the last episode to decide if they want to break up or get engaged!  No they don't!  they can actually DATE outside the show, even if it means they don't get that Neil Lane diamond!

• Love 4

Predict Izzy is going to get used for a rose by Brett who will then summarily dump her because, in my humble opinion, he is higher on the looks scale than she is and he knows it.  One thing I love about this show (and I do LOVE this show and have watched every single episode since it's inception) is that while some of it is clearly scripted the parts that aren't (like Nick's groan when Ashley I. reappeared) are so fucking fantastic.  Snaggle Tooth Jared and Caila seem to be a pretty good pair who might actually work out in the real world even though it pains me to say it since she bugs the crap out of me. 

Daniel's communication style and brand of humor is fascinating. I could never hang out all day in a bikini and drink like these people do without feeling massively bloated and lethargic- oh to be 25 again. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, backformore said:

No they don't!  they can actually DATE outside the show

Wake up, you are having that scary dream again where people actually exist without a camera crew following their every move. These people cannot LIVE outside the Bachelorverse, let alone date.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Average looking?  Wow.  I think Izzy is pretty.  I guess in Hollywood/L.A. standards she might be average but anywhere else I would think guys would be tripping over themselves to be with her.  Enh, what do I know though.  And I agree if she's attracted to someone else then yeah go for it.  She's not married or engaged to Vinny.  She had the decency to tell him, however hurtful it may have been to him, so go pursue Mr. Fluffy Hair. 

That whole thing bugged the shit out of me.  Are we honestly expected to believe these dunces just let her stay because they said so?  She was allowed to stay so we, the viewing audience, get to experience her snotting and sniffling her way thru at least 3 or 4 more episodes.  Gah, I don't like this chick. 

I think she's pretty too.  She's considered average for this show based on not wearing 10 pounds of makeup and having a big nose. That's why I like her.  She doesn't try to look like the stereotypical high maintenance hot chick.  

• Love 1

but the main thing is to not encourage the establishment of "couples"  right off the bat - to encourage all the participants to spend time with other "dates" to test the waters and see who they might like spending time with. 

I'm pretty sure the show does do that, especially because it ups the chances for drama and tears, when someone takes someone another person liked. Why else do they have people constantly coming in and leaving and coming with date cards, etc. They want people dating other people and moving from one person to another and any drama that comes with that. However, some people, like Jade and Tanner last season, go on one date and decide that's it and don't try to date anyone else. I guess they can force them to date other people but that'd be kind of disturbing - more disturbing than normal for the show. I do think the whole engagement or bust thing at the end of the season is bullshit though. Of course I think the pressure to be engaged is stupid for the Bachelor/ette as well and continue to firmly believe that if that pressure was removed, the franchise would probably have more successful relationships. 

17 hours ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

Looked to me like a diaper with the sides cut out. It's been a while since I had toddlers, but at times that bikini's cut gave her a case of apparent droopy-drawers.

That bathing suit was really unflattering. Reminded me of "granny underpants." Brief panties, as opposed to bikini, are just not a good look.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Random observation -  I finally figured out which celebrity Daniel reminds me of - Rob Gronkowski, the tight end for the New England Patriots. Similar looks, same goofy aspect.

Daniel reminds me of Tom Cruise in looks, dry humor, and alien conversation. Tom inhabits his human suit a little more believably... but only just.

• Love 3

I like that Daniel's different and actually has a sense of humor. But, if I were really being honest, he also gives me kind of a weird, creepy vibe. I think his cold, hard-to-read personality might get old quickly in real life.

TPTB must think the "hotness" of having blonde twins outweighs the entertainment from the drama/suspense of seeing one sent home without the other.  They may be right, that they're a better "personality" when there are two of them, but it's still kind of annoying that both get to stay when only one gets chosen.

Nick is far and away my favorite. If you were matchmaking for him from this group, would you choose anyone? Personally, I don't see it, but I wish he and Clare could have gotten together. I don't know if they'd have had chemistry, but they're two of the few people to appear on this show that I actually think I'd like to hang out with in real life.

• Love 6

Jared likes the attention from Ashley.  I think they might actually be friends, but she's also infatuated with him.

I think we now know why Caila wasn't the Bachelorette.  Who would watch 2 months of "should I go out with him or him"  never mind a proposal.  She has a lot of growing up to do.  I also get the impression she really has no dating experience.  I don't blame her for going out on the date, Jared was dumb to tell Ashley to stay.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scenicbyway said:

I think we now know why Caila wasn't the Bachelorette.  Who would watch 2 months of "should I go out with him or him"  never mind a proposal. 

And in that interminable yes, no, maybe, no, yes discussion with the new guy, when he kept saying he was confused, she just kept saying, "yeah", "yeah", "yeah"

• Love 4
18 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Does Carl speak? Or just do half-assed stripper moves in silence in the background?

Does it matter? ;-)

Still don't see any appeal to Jared, but when he went in for the kiss with Caila after she got back from her date, it was the most passion he's shown on this franchise.

I loved Daniel encouraging Ashley to "slut it up" to determine what she liked. I've never laughed so much at this show as I do when he's talking.

On a real note, he's not totally wrong. I'm not encouraging her to sleep around, but she should just go out with guys and date and maybe kiss them for the hell of it. She reminds me of someone who maybe was really nerdy when she was younger and doesn't know how to handle being hot. She still has this awkward vibe about her, down to obsessing over Jared the way a 13 year old fangirl obsesses over a celebrity. If she were to play around with different guys (which doesn't need to be sexual at all) she might find out more about herself and relationships which is clearly an area in which she's very inexperienced.

• Love 8

Spoiler ALERT!! There is currently a spoilerish ad blurb in the 'Sponsored Content" linked to a supposed end-game spoiler article. So if you dislike such things you might want to be carefull scrolling down until it's out of the rotation.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1

It seems to me that the producers told the cast to vote Ashley back in.  Nick's verbal pain and the comments of others about how tired they were of Ashley really indicate that if they really could have had a say, they would have told her to leave.  Daniel and Nick are trying to be kind by telling her to move on and that Jared is not for her.  However, Jared's actions do not match his words and that continues to lead Ashley on.  I agree with others that he likes the attention.  He was very clear that he told her there would never be a romantic relationship, yet when Caila was gone, they were lounging together.  Then Ashley said rude things about Jared and he did not make any comments about it.  I was so happy when Ashley left and totally disappointed when she was allowed to return.

I don't really like the Twins, and their manipulation and then rejection of Daniel just reconfirmed that.  

Since the season began there have been a few times when it feels like Josh and Amanda see themselves as Bachelor Royalty.  She made some statement when all of the cast was together and it just appeared that she expected everyone to agree.  I find her very boring.

So, yes, I am all in for the remaining episodes.  Let's see what other mischief the producers will bring...

• Love 3
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can barely look at Ashley in the midst of that manipulative howling.  When she's contorting her face and stretching out those huge red lips, it really borders into Faye Dunaway as Mommy Dearest.  And then the artfully displayed hand on the forehead, like she's present a refrigerator at The Price is Right - I just can't.  Jorge does not get paid enough to listen to that shit.  And Ashley does not get paid enough to throw away every ounce of dignity.  She needs an intervention.

I was thinking Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane (I know this isn't Bette but the funniest pic I could find)

babyjane2.jpe

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

4 weeks?  Try 18 days, that is if you arrive on day 1 and stay until the end.  Seriously.  18 days.

i don't like letting Ashley I allowed back. For one, it bothers the "play by the rules of the game" in me, but more it perpetuates that being annoying works.  She's not good TV and it's a shame producers et al condone and encourage  such boring shit and antics. 

While watching it pan out on TV I found Izzy horrible. Mostly because I had a not so nice thought that she's ugly. But reading here and thinking about my own youth at summer camp I've changed. You can fall in and out of love (read: I'd love to make out with him) so quickly in these fake environments.  As said above- props to her for saying it. 

Was it hot Ryan or the other guy who said he hoped Sarah was there? The one talking to Jared.   That broke my heart to hear!  Fuck you producers and that timing. She may be annoying (and let's call a spade a spade- these guys don't want a girl missing part of her arm) and this guy had her on his list?  Oh this show can be cruel. 

Ive written a serious sounding post I know as if I feel any of this matters. Truth is I Pinot Grigio the hell out of this show. Sometimes with friends- sometimes with just my dog. 

• Love 13

I was genuinely excited during two points in this episode:

1) When Jared said he was contemplating leaving in the first ten minutes of the episode.

2) When Ashley didn't get a rose and was 'sent home.'

Unfortunately, my excitement was short lived in both instances. I know the producers love juicy drama but the whole Jared/Ashley story line has run dry. Ashley's waterworks were mildly entertaining during Chris Soules' season, and I could tolerate them in BIP2, but at this point it's just become predictable and grating.

Also I find it odd how she's always sobbing when talking about 'love,' and grinning maniacally when she's trashing other women (this time it's Caila; last season it was Clare; and before that it was Britt/Kelsey). It's okay to dislike other women who are "pursuing your guy," but her glee over disliking people is weird. Remember when she called Clare old and undesirable? (Clare was in her early 30s I think.) Even if it is all an act, you've got to have a couple of screws lose to agree to come off as such a lunatic on television. 

Edited by Koala
  • Love 6

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but Jared needs to cut the cord. So does she, and if she had any self respect left at this point, she would find a way to do it. Take some time to mourn, sure, but if you spend enough time completely away from him, with no contact, you will move on. Promise. No matter how unlikely it seems now. But he is not helping. He thinks he is, but being her friend at all is not helping. Telling her he cries about her is not helping. Telling her repeatedly that he wants her to stick around is not helping. Until he says flat out "I don't want to be with you romantically, and I don't think we should be friends, because spending time together is not good for either of us," she's going to see every kind word from him as encouragement, and at this point, there is no way he doesn't know that. She will cry like nobody's business if he tells her that and follows through, but neither of them can move forward in life until he does or until she picks herself up and takes herself out of the situation.

Caila's flip-flopping: Oh. My. God. That was ridiculous. It's one date. The stakes on this decision are not that high. Good grief.

And Vinny and Izzy... OK, setting aside the fact that they have known each other for, like, a week, let's proceed like they are genuinely in a legit relationship. I really feel like their situation is a perfect example of why so many relationships fail. Society has tried so hard to convince us that if you really love someone, all others basically disappear and you can't possibly ever be attracted to someone else. And if you do find yourself attracted to someone else, that's a sign that you're not really in love or fully invested or whatever in your actual relationship. Which is an insanely stupid attitude. You do not have to confess every little crush you have on someone else. If you have the sort of relationship where you can acknowledge these things, and no one freaks out, great. But if not, just keep it to yourself, and don't fool yourself into thinking that occasionally lusting after someone else means you're not really into your partner, and that it is therefore a Big Deal that must be addressed or even pursued. Ugh.

All that said, in this case, they have only known each other for an extremely short time, so if you want to go for it with someone else, knock yourself out.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Padma said:

Nick is far and away my favorite. If you were matchmaking for him from this group, would you choose anyone? Personally, I don't see it, but I wish he and Clare could have gotten together.

Oh, Nick and Clare would be wonderful. They are both a bit older than your typical Bachelor idiots so I think they would share a less idealized view of sexcapades. They would also look so very pretty together. I'm shallow. At least where this show is concerned.

39 minutes ago, Koala said:

It's okay to dislike other women who are "pursuing your guy," but her glee over disliking people is weird.

That is what bothers me most on the long list of things that bother me about Ashley. Where Carly comes off as snarky when she makes catty comments, when Ashley I does it comes across as very petty and cruel. I think because Carly makes her comments with a hint of a wink while Ashley comes across as dead serious. If she is not, and is playing a role girl needs to take some acting lessons because she just comes across as bitter and mean spirited.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

Caila's flip-flopping: Oh. My. God. That was ridiculous. It's one date. The stakes on this decision are not that high. Good grief.

No kidding. As a confidant/advisor of mine likes to say regarding decisions "This isn't life or death. If you decide to do it and it works out, great. If it goes terribly, again, not life or death." Her flopping back and forth like a fish out of water was totally ridiculous. This is the kind of woman that will either drive you crazy with every little decision like, say, what to eat for dinner or push until the point that you just make all the decisions. That can wear on you.

Okay, we're doing pizza, cool? I'll call. Every day a new struggle for the basic decisions in life. Imagine how tortured she would be if she actually had to make a "big" decision. Ugh. I'd pass.

As for Izzy, here's why it looks so bad imho, she changed the rules she was playing by mid-stream. Granted as we've been saying... it's been a matter of only days but time is escalated when you are with someone 24/7 with nothing to do but talk, drink, eat and make out/pursue the other one sexually. It's like Vegas Time... Izzy has been playing the "Spend all my time with one guy, don't even look at others when they come in" game and has found a partner that wants to do the same and that's been the 'reality' for their relationship. Then allasudden the lamp guy comes on and flips her circuits and she says "Well, now we're playing the 'I can date someone else if I'm interested and if not I'll come back to you' game and he's like 'Oh yeah, well fuck that.' And I don't blame him. She helped craft the rules together with Vinny and she can't just change them when it suits her to. Especially as she talked to the lamp guy before telling Vin what was going on which is also pretty shitty.

Edited by Wandering Snark
Added ramble about Izzy...
  • Love 5