Type keyword(s) to search

Better Late Than Never - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really felt like the "Monk" was a set-up.  I feel that they would have been kicked out in the very beginning as they couldn't behave (except George).

Was not a fan of the food, but loved Jeff and his "bullfighting".

• Love 3

Not the strongest episode, agree there were too many restaurant shots, but I still loved it. 

I was cracking up during the tomato fight because when Terry was flinging those tomatoes he looked like he still had a pretty good throwing arm and could do some serious damage, lol.

I thought the bullfighting was cute.  Totally thought that wasn't a real monk in the monastery.

I thought there was more George in this episode, so I was happy about that.

• Love 3

I think this one had more "setup things" than some of the others, but it was still fun. I mean, they obviously have to arrange filming permits and permissions for the places they shoot, but the monk was definitely a setup similar to the etiquette coach, and I'm sure they had to make special arrangements for George to just destroy the door in the zombie room.

As soon as the "monk" lit the candle and said they had to be silent while it was lit, I wondered how long it would be before someone blew it out.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:30 AM, Ohwell said:

Not the strongest episode, agree there were too many restaurant shots, but I still loved it. 

Too many for sure!  I liked the first one that was $2K a plate, that was fun but the others, meh.  I've already said I'm tired of the food gross outs.  Still, even a not strong episode makes me laugh.

I also totally believe the monk was an actor.  He was pretty good though with his disapproving face.

I've always wanted to do one of those escape rooms.  I liked Bill trying to drum up drama "there's a zombie! he's getting closer!".  Hee.  Oh and when Bill confidently stated that persimmon was on the periodic table.

Jeff being chased by the bulls was fun and I liked the flamenco dancing.  I feel totally cheated that we only got one little glimpse of the guys dressed as the Village People and signing "YMCA", come on, show!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, raven said:

I feel totally cheated that we only got one little glimpse of the guys dressed as the Village People and signing "YMCA", come on, show!

Yeah what was up with that?  Why didn't they show more?

• Love 2

Jeff and Terry doing their Henry and Bill impressions and then cutting to Henry sounding like Jeff had me LOL.

I loved the whole market scenes and Bill and Henry getting lost.  "Stay still" "Like a pot of clay???"  I love how Henry doesn't want to bargain, I never want to do it and am terrible at it.

17 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I laughed hysterically during the go-kart scene

Henry wiping down the go-kart!!!   Henry thinking he won when he had only done 4 out of 5 laps ROFL.

They should have a man-picnic every episode, as long as they all keep their clothes on.

Season finale next week :(

• Love 6

Terry dismounting the camel like a champ set the tone for the entire episode.  And it was yet another good one.

I could watch these guys doing anything, anywhere ... anytime.  Now that they've started, I don't ever want them to stop!

Bring on a new season - STAT!!!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

The highlight for me was watching George and the kids at the boxing gym.  He really is a sweetie.

I wonder if they have enough energy left for another season?  South America, perhaps?

As a non-fan of professional boxing, I'd never paid any attention to George Foreman before this show.  Now I believe he's an exemplary role model for inner city youth.  He's an absolute cupcake of a man, so sweet.

I, too, hope the guys have enough energy for another season.  I'm ready for it immediately. 

• Love 11
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The highlight for me was watching George and the kids at the boxing gym.  He really is a sweetie.

I wonder if they have enough energy left for another season?  South America, perhaps?

George is the highlight of most of the shows for me.  He always seems like the moral compass when the guys go too far.

It was sweet watching the rapt attention of both the little boxers and his travel buddies.  Rarely do we see the guys looking serious and behaving themselves in such a genuine way.  

• Love 9

Be still my heart - George in the gym was just too much.  I could watch an entire hour of just him teaching kids.

When Bill asked Henry why he doesn’t like to bargain did Henry really reply “I’m a Jew”?

18 hours ago, mojoween said:

When Bill asked Henry why he doesn’t like to bargain did Henry really reply “I’m a Jew”?

Closed captioning for Henry's answer was "I don't know", which is what it sounded like to me. 

While I wouldn't want to travel to Morocco, I was glad that the guys seemed to have a great time.  

The scene when they were in the desert and singing with that musical group, there was a shot of Henry wearing the hat with the tassel and wagging his head around that cracked me up.  They all seemed to be enjoying themselves, even George.

I can understand it if this is the last show because they might be getting too tired to do another trip.  If so, I'll miss these guys.

• Love 4

Echoing Ohwell, I am going to miss these guys!  I really hope they can do another series, but I worry about Shatner. I'd love to see them go to South America or Australia/NZ/the S. Pacific, but if this is all there is, I am happy to have been able to see it.

• Love 5

What a fun show.   All the guys seem to get along.    George was more into this time.    Jeff Dye has a Facebook chat after shows and answers questions.   He said he would like a legions show with women.  

Really enjoyed Jeff’s standup and how supportive the guys were especially Terry “pops”.    

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The scene when they were in the desert and singing with that musical group, there was a shot of Henry wearing the hat with the tassel and wagging his head around that cracked me up.

That cracked me up as well!  So did the entire campfire/s'mores scene.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

That cracked me up as well!  So did the entire campfire/s'mores scene.

“Why didn’t you take it off?”

”It was on fire, Jeff.”

This was one of their best episodes of both seasons, I laughed almost through the whole thing.  They are such a random foursome but it WORKS.

I also loved Terry getting excited about William finally acknowledging he was Captain Kirk.

I told my husband I wish they could do North America but it would probably be a logistical nightmare.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2018 at 1:50 PM, mojoween said:

I also loved Terry getting excited about William finally acknowledging he was Captain Kirk.

This was great!

Terry in his solo interviews reminds me of my mother - she would say something goofy or tell a bad joke and then just sit there and laugh.

The rug shop was fun but I found it hard to believe that they both bought the same rug.  My favorite interactions are just the guys together, unless they are going down memory lane, like Henry with his family.

Whatever is happening, I spend the hour pretty much laughing throughout so I really hope it comes back.

• Love 5

One thing I noticed when Jeff was doing his stand-up was how many times he said the word “like.”

Now, I am often guilty of this because I’m an old Valley Girl, but since I didn’t hear Jeff do that in his interviews or when he was doing stuff with the guys, it surprised me.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

I had the pleasure of meeting Henry Winkler at Wizard World in Philly. What you see is what you get. He would periodically go down the line of people waiting to meet him to thank us for waiting. He asked my name and said,"I'm Henry.  Thank you for waiting" and shook my hand. And that was before I actually got to the front of the line to get my autograph and picture. A real class act. 

In the years I've been going to Wizard World, I've never met Bill (although he walked right by me once).  I've heard stories though.  

• Love 6

Well, I'm not terribly surprised. They were kind of running out of places to go (yes, I know, four continents left plus Antarctica), and they are, what, three years older than when the first series was filmed (which I believe was summer of 2015).  Second series was May/June 2017, and the world ain't quite what it used to be for travel....

Still, I really enjoyed the show, and I'm gonna miss 'em.

Even The Sidekick.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Too bad. I guess older actors and older viewers can't have a tv show they enjoy working on and watching. I'll miss this show.

I agree.  I'm still mad that they cancelled Harry's Law a few years ago.  Older audience, great show = cancellation

• Love 3