Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Spencer & Katy

Oh FFS, Katy Perry???

How the hell did Max keep a straight face while saying, "Meow Meow Bitch"? And more comedy gold from Max with, "Well, she kissed a girl and she liked it."

When Spencer said that he re-listened to KP's songs and heard the clues that she had planted in them for him, the catfish situation moved to another department -- the Psych Department. Then, the details of the confrontation scene and Harriett's follow-up call... get that man to a behavioral health facility and a barbershop. Nev wanted to have a laugh about it in Spencer's face, but if I was faced with a person like that, I think I'd feel nervous and concerned. Then again, maybe that is precisely how Max and Nev were feeling, and that's why they stumbled at the close of their follow-up call with Spencer and told him to "Be good. Aaaand party on!"

Oh, and the ring...poor chap thinks the very old and very cloudy emerald is a head-turner. Bless his heart. 

And Nev, putting on a cockney accent and "good morrow" -- don't be a stupid American traveler, Nev. Save your cutesy antics for when you're back in the US. 

I admit I had some hotel envy in this episode --- that place in Gloucester looked so cool. 

I'm late to the party but I just wanted you to know Tara, this is the BEST RECAP EVER. MASSIVE PROPS. I was snorting with laughter all over the place. I am going to watch this episode just because I get the sneaking feeling that this deluded fool might just have wanted a free trip to England, or if he really was empty headed. Katy Perry, I hope you have good security girl.

• Love 1

I was watching this repeat episode today.  I actually read that the real Katy P. did send Spenser a shoutout about how horrible his catfish experience was.  I bet he took that as code word for," I can't say that it was really me, but, I'll send you an anonymous text later on."   He may never accept that it wasn't the real Katy P.  I bet he gets convinced that another celeb starts sending him message later on. 

• Love 1

OMG I just saw this episode.   Up late, home all day sleeping due to the flu.  I was ready to turn off the tv and head off to bed, then I saw Spencer say his girlfriend was Katy Perry.  WTF.

Yeah Katy just goes online to find guys, poor wallflower has had no luck dating in Hollywood.  And for six years?  If Katy really wanted to meet him, she'd have chartered a plane to Knoxville the next day.  

Harriet said she had set up the profile or site when she was a kid, probably doing it as a gag.  One person thought she was really the Katy Perry, so she probably responded like WTF is wrong with this person.  She shouldn't have kept it up for 6 years.  I'd say he was gullible, but no he's delusional and very scary.  When he has two people who's job is to find out details on catfishes tell him no, it's not Katy, it's Harriet, and then he says nahhh.  

So "Katy" deleted her contacts, why wouldn't Spencer find out how to contact her agent or contact her in other ways?  I think Harriet probably did send him an email, he got it and refused to believe it.  Katy, real Katy, make sure everyone in your security team has Spencer's picture.

Did Spencer seem like he was somewhere on the Autism spectrum? 

I googled the episode to see when this originally aired, and it was all over the media, so hopefully his family has gotten him into some counselling.

Since Harriet now is a big Gaga fan, does she have a Gaga page?  Is she catfishing as Gaga?

• Love 3