Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Spain

yeswedo

Why did Mike's cellmate get 3 years?  I know it was explained, but I completely zoned out pretty much everything outside of Louis' arc.

I liked Louis being honest with the designer.  Put yourself out there Louis, get your happy ending.  I also still love the friendship between Donna and Louis.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 3

Yeah, it sounds like they hammered Kevin with the hardest possible sentence for the crime he committed, then offered him an "out" if he turned on Sutter, which he refused to do since it would also incriminate his wife, so he's stuck serving it.

So, yep, so far Mike is over-identifying with Kevin's situation, taking it too personally to be productive, and is on track to compromise his early release for Kevin's sake. I hope this case takes a less-predictable route! But I'll settle for interesting.

It was nice to see Mike and Harvey working together again, doing what they do best: Irritating the crap out of people! That was about the only positive for me here. I didn't hate this episode, but I didn't like it either. Rachel's story doesn't seem to have anything to SAY about the Innocence Project or the justice system in general, it's just something to keep her occupied for a little while, which is disappointing but at least she has something to do besides pine for Mike. Jessica rocks at everything she does, which I appreciate, even though she's not doing much. Louis is a buffoon to the extent that it is painful to watch, but at least his story with the architect isn't over before it even really started. Basically, I had little to no positive or negative feelings about the majority of the episode. It's all just, meh.

Once again, wardrobe seems to be the only department working on this show who still seems like they give a damn.

• Love 4

I'm gonna agree with Slovenly Muse... I didn't love it, but neither did I hate it. It was just OK. I feel like they're casting several potential arcs and then they troll the forums to see which ones have fans biting. Unfortunately, I'm not as riveted as I was a few seasons ago. 

Is Rachel fighting for this prisoner because she wants to believe that maybe someone out there will fight for Mike one day? I know that may not make much sense but, to me, her character has become the person who's whole world centre's around Mike and everything she does somehow ties back to him. I'm just waiting for her to talk about how this makes her feel closer to Mike. -_-

I'm getting the feeling from Jessica that she's given up. They're making it seem like she's fighting for her firm, but her heart doesn't really seem to be in it. She looks so damn fierce while doing whatever she's doing though. Damn, I want her wardrobe.

I was actually hoping that when the interior designer found out about Louis' big plan to buy the house just to keep her close, that she would go running for the hills. I don't find it sweet or romantic. To me, it is disturbing. Bordering on psycho-stalker. And why Donna was encouraging it had me even more confused. She should've stuck to her guns and insisted he drop the charade and just ask her out.

Mike. Oh Mike. Just... serve your time. Rachel will wait for you. Help out people in prison. Figure out what you're gonna do when you get out. But this back n forth with the roommate / Harvey's client / Cahill.... it's getting dull. Although I must say, I keep watching with the hope that there will be some big reveal. I remember being bored with some stories a few seasons back and then the season finale had me on the edge of my seat. So I'm holding out for another one of those.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

Boring is the only word that can describe what this show has been reduced to.

How has it happened to get so boring so quickly?  I used to love this show, and I don't want to be tired of it....but, it is bordering on awful.   I like the clothes.  That's about it.   Oh, and Louis and the real estate agent is sort of cute, depending on where they go with it.

22 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

How has it happened to get so boring so quickly?  I used to love this show, and I don't want to be tired of it....but, it is bordering on awful.   I like the clothes.  That's about it.   Oh, and Louis and the real estate agent is sort of cute, depending on where they go with it.

I've grown tired of the Louis character. In the beginning he was an asset to the show, now he has the maturity of a prepubescent kid. He has zero social skills.

I will  give the writers credit for the exchange between Louis and Donna on the "wood". That is a classic, especially the ebony part since Donna had a thing with a brother.

Edited by CaptainCranky
  • Love 1

So:

1. Harvey represents Sutter, but doesn't want to move for a dismissal that he and Jessica both agree would likely be granted because then Mike's informing on Kevin would not be necessary and Mike would have to serve his full sentence.
  2. Harvey says he represents Kevin, but is actively working against his best interests, and admits as much to Cahill and Jessica.
  3.  Also, Harvey "represents" Kevin, but has to convince Cahill to tell him what Kevin's in jail for?  That's not only a matter of public record, but it's beyond ridiculous not to know why your client is in jail.
  4. Harvey has absolutely no professional ethics left and neither do Cahill, Donna or Jessica.

BTW, Donna, you don't "deposition" someone, you "depose" them. (And requesting depositions doesn't preclude a ruling on the motion to dismiss.  Depositions don't have some "special" power.  One just moves to delay the depositions until after the decision on the motion to dismiss! Harvey not making the effort to do that is malpractice.  Now, the judge may well decide that discovery should proceed in case something relevant comes out of it, but that's for the judge to decide.) 

I don't understand how Harvey was able to bring Sutter into prison for a "practice deposition" with Kevin and Mike.  Can he just show up anytime he wants, with anyone he wants, to see Mike and Kevin, together?  When a lawyer does visit an incarcerated "client" (Kevin) perhaps he could bring an associate or other support staff, but Mike is definitively not a lawyer, and is not working for Harvey's law firm, even though, hilariously, Kevin later says in their cell that Mike is Sutter's "lawyer"!

So now Cahill is willing to risk collusion and thus potential imprisonment if discovered to bring down Sutter?  Why? Harvey's an idiot about these things, but I don't get Cahill's risk taking.  He would not enjoy prison at all.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

So:

1. Harvey represents Sutter, but doesn't want to move for a dismissal that he and Jessica both agree would likely be granted because then Mike's informing on Kevin would not be necessary and Mike would have to serve his full sentence.
  2. Harvey says he represents Kevin, but is actively working against his best interests, and admits as much to Cahill and Jessica.
  3.  Also, Harvey "represents" Kevin, but has to convince Cahill to tell him what Kevin's in jail for?  That's not only a matter of public record, but it's beyond ridiculous not to know why your client is in jail.
  4. Harvey has absolutely no professional ethics left and neither do Cahill, Donna or Jessica.

All valid points but let's be honest. From day one this show has never presented the real world in the judicial or even the financial industries. It's been entertainment value rather than factual presentation. I think that was the success as the story lines had entertainment value that we enjoyed but even that is gone as the story lines have gotten so convoluted that even preposterous treatment of our judicial process has gotten boring.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

Once again, wardrobe seems to be the only department working on this show who still seems like they give a damn.

The only bone I have to pick with wardrobe is Rachel. I have had female friends who worked at jails as teachers or counselors. They were not allowed counseled not to wear skirts or anything too tight because of the population they were dealing with. I find it hard to believe that Rachel or anyone with as much legal experience/knowledge as she is supposed to have would visit a client in a blouse as tight and cleavage-revealing as the one she had on.  I know this is a shallow comment, but what she was wearing took me right out of the story. 

• Love 2

Does Harvey have a satellite office out by the prison?  Their office is at least an hour and fifteen minutes away from the prison on a good day.  So Harvey is spending three hours in the car sometimes multiple times each day?  And I guess they just keep the welcome mat out for him and whoever he wants to bring in?

And Rachel also has time  being a paralegal, attending law-school, and getting her hair blown out/clothes tailored extra tight to take trips to another random prison and also harass former public defenders about dead-end cases from a decade ago?  Her special snowflake attitude with the first lawyer on her death row case really over the top.  Talk about being an unprofessional, privileged person.

• Love 1

Hubby doesn't watch this show anymore, but he was sitting on the couch, working on his computer while I watching and he looked up to ask why Donna and/or Louis couldn't just ask the homeowners if he could have a couple of hours to walk the house with his decorator/architect. Good question, hubby. Gooooooood question.

• Love 4

I still watch this show but only on demand. It's always been ridiculous and unrealistic but I could still get into the storylines.  Nowadays, not so much. 

Harvey has always been obnoxious to me. The fact that he hired Mike and put his career and firm in jeopardy just to amuse himself is awful. He's extremely loyal to Mike, which is great.  However, he's not the least bit humble about a situation that he,  an accomplished attorney brought on himself and everyone else around him. 

Mike is also available obnoxious,  though less so than Harvey.  Also,  why aren't we getting to see him use his mind in jail? He's been average,  at best,  intelligence-wise.  His brain was his claim to fame.  And he had way more street smarts before.  I think he should do his time and not entertain any schemes to get him out beforehand. I know he misses Rachel but isn't she busy being a paralegal/law student/pro Bono lawyer in training/hero to a guy on death row? She can wait.  Or,  better yet, the relationship can crumble under the strain of prison.  I liked her more before she got romantically  involved with Mike. She was smart, ambitious,  and human.  Now she just whines and obsesses over Mike like he's a kid at a sleepover and he left his retainer at home. Mike being a fraud shows poor character.  He didn't need to be a fake lawyer to help people. 

Donna is annoying.  She should really get a man.  Or reconnect with her dad.  Or do some part-time local theater work.  Or get a new job since she has nothing work-related to do.  I don't remember Donna being this needy.  She tries to be a hero and clearly needs too much reassurance. 

Jessica seems aloof and oddly dressed for the office.  But she's Jessica.  So that's that. 

Louis is written inconsistently so it's hard to figure out where he's coming from.  The house thing seems silly since he clearly doesn't have the resources to buy a suit that fits. He could ask Donna to help him. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I don't understand how Harvey was able to bring Sutter into prison for a "practice deposition" with Kevin and Mike.  Can he just show up anytime he wants, with anyone he wants, to see Mike and Kevin, together?  When a lawyer does visit an incarcerated "client" (Kevin) perhaps he could bring an associate or other support staff, but Mike is definitively not a lawyer, and is not working for Harvey's law firm, even though, hilariously, Kevin later says in their cell that Mike is Sutter's "lawyer"!

I fanwanked it so that they just said Sutter was going to visit Kevin - it'd make sense if he was on the list of approved visitors. Harvey being in there too? Sure.

Mike being in there made absolutely no sense.

• Love 1

So Kevin is in federal prison for the drunk driving.  This bugged me enough to look it up and from what I can tell, the only way he could really be in for 3 years is if a minor was injured in the accident.  (The federal DUI penalty (among other things) is 6 months in prison, though they can tack on more if there were injuries and other special circumstances.)  Oh well, at least it's technically possible.  

The whole practice deposition was weird but it just reinforced how dumb the show was to resolve Mike's fraud this way.  I only like him when he is doing the bad-ass attorney thing.  

• Love 2

I would like this show so much better if posters would now be saying "Hey, I saw the first episode the other day and had forgotten that Mike originally wasn't a lawyer - I wonder where they would have gone with that storyline if they hadn't dropped it"

I finally figured out what bugs me about the actress that plays Rachel - whenever she is supposed to be very serious (her big dramatic lines), she whispers;  It is like she went to the David Caruso school of emoting.  

On 8/18/2016 at 7:10 PM, timimouse said:

I was actually hoping that when the interior designer found out about Louis' big plan to buy the house just to keep her close, that she would go running for the hills. I don't find it sweet or romantic. To me, it is disturbing. Bordering on psycho-stalker. And why Donna was encouraging it had me even more confused. She should've stuck to her guns and insisted he drop the charade and just ask her out.

If I were the designer, I would have thought Louis was a creep - "You've only known me for a few days, we have spent what, maybe two hours together, and you buy a house just so I can decorate it and you can be closer to me? Stay away from me or I am getting a restraining order."

• Love 5

Oh yes, I meant to comment on him (AR) last episode.  He looks much older than I'd expect him, too.  Not that I expect him to look as he did in Cybill or The Guardian or anything.  Then again, maybe it's just the thinning poofy hair that is making him look not so good.  And kudos to him for aging naturally. 

• Love 2

Suits-verse: "You were willing to buy a multimillion dollar home just so you could spend time with me? That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard. Of course I'll go out with you!" *swoon*

Reality: "You were planning on buying a multimillion dollar home all so you could contrive a way to spend time with me in hopes you could somehow convince me what a genuine person you are, even though that relationship would have been predicated on a yuuuge lie? That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard. I'm filing stalking charges against you, weirdo."

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎19‎.‎8‎.‎2016 at 4:34 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Harvey has absolutely no professional ethics left and neither do Cahill, Donna or Jessica.

All Harvey cared for is to get Mike out of prison. And all Cahill cares for is to revenge the guy whose fault is that his mom's pension fund lost money and the poor mom never could visit Spain or even retire from her teacher's post.  

On ‎19‎.‎8‎.‎2016 at 5:48 PM, rur said:

The only bone I have to pick with wardrobe is Rachel. I have had female friends who worked at jails as teachers or counselors. They were not allowed counseled not to wear skirts or anything too tight because of the population they were dealing with. I find it hard to believe that Rachel or anyone with as much legal experience/knowledge as she is supposed to have would visit a client in a blouse as tight and cleavage-revealing as the one she had on.  I know this is a shallow comment, but what she was wearing took me right out of the story. 

Rachel dresses now more modest than before when Mike was free and PSL was thriving. Her blouse was much less cleavage-revealing than when she went to visit Logan's home.