Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Who do you think out of the 19 kids got the short end of the stick?

For the girls I think its a tie between Jordyn and Jana. Poor Jordyn was tossed aside when Josie was born and her parents' haven't cared about her since. She has to share her birthday, there's footage of baby Jordyn crawling down the stairs and no one is paying any attention. She could have seriously been hurt then. Or her following Michelle around wanting for something only for Michelle to tell her to go find Jana.

Jana basically lost her childhood when Michelle had her breakdown and decided instead of stop having more children she would force her children to raise them since then. The poor girl was far too young when she had to start raising her brothers and sisters. She does everything while her parents' praise Jessa or Jill and do absolutely nothing to raise their children, when she dares to admit to being unhappy she gets sent to be reprogrammed. The poor girl blames herself for her feeling bad when she has every right to be upset at having to give up her childhood because her parents' refused to stop having children when they realized Michelle couldn't handle it and make Jana do it instead.  The girl never gets a break when she goes to DC to visit her brother what is it for? To babysit. She had to go along with Jill for the midwife thing because Jill couldn't go alone when clearly Jana didn't want to go. 

• Love 9

Wow.  He seems, dare I say it, almost normal.  Has a real job (manual labor) and a position on the side with actual responsibilities (constable).  There might be hope for a Duggar child yet.

Maybe he's putting himself out there now in hopes of finding a potential wife?

Wow.  He seems, dare I say it, almost normal.  Has a real job (manual labor) and a position on the side with actual responsibilities (constable).  There might be hope for a Duggar child yet.

Let's hope Duggar Towing brings in a decent amount of business because aren't his other jobs volunteer positions -- volunteer firefighter and constable? And while I can see the Duggar females going fundie lite simply because they are the ones who will have to bear the children, breastfeed, keep house etc. -- I think the older Duggar boys will want their brood of 8-10 or more kids so JD better be making money from his towing business. If the girl he's been seen with is the one he's courting -- she looks like Erin Bates with the big hair.

Who do you think out of the 19 kids got the short end of the stick? I think it was Jordyn.  She was doted on by J'Chelle and Boob, and then Josie was born three months ahead of schedule, just 8 days before her first birthday. I've always thought Jordyn was a gorgeous  and smart child. I'd adopt her. Is her birthday always going to be lumped with Kenzie and Josie,  because they're the same age for 8 freaking days?! Jordyn is a year older. Let her have her own spotlight. 

I love Jordyn. She's such a laid back little girl. I really feel she is the forgotten child along with Jenny.  In the promo shots for the new season, when she is sitting on the church steps holding the sign (one of Jill's gimmicky Pinterest wedding things), she has a perma-smile and rosy cheeks and is just gorgeous.

Jenny I just call sad Jenny. She's so sweet and introverted, but doesn't appear to be the typical Duggar. She doesn't really look like all of them. Ever since she was a baby, she was always so serious and sad. 

I think it was Jordyn for the girls, but the chunk of boys from Jed and Jer down to Justin got the short end of the stick. They're never seen as individuals, just a hulking mess of noise and dirt. I wish we would see more of each individual kid.

Exactly. The twins down to Justin, I get them all mixed up.  I guarantee if you ask Michelle to say one of their birthdays on a whim, she wouldn't have an answer.

I think I liked JD better when he was portrayed as the strong silent type -- the hard worker who was in the background -- kind of like Joseph is now. Having actually seen him on camera -- SO excited about trashing Chad's car or SO proud that he's kept the guys away from his twin or just running around the house with his brothers like some kind of pre-teen -- you see what a doofus he is. He doesn't come across like a man but more like a big child, but then he has a pudgy middle aged man look on top of that. I know fundie men are uneducated and under-exposed to the world, but from what little we've seen of Chad and John Webster and just from pics of Brandon -- they don't seem like that. I'm guessing the kind of girl/girl's family that thinks JD is a catch is similar to Anna's family thinking Josh was a huge catch.

• Love 5

There's pics with Jana and the camera guy, Mr. Jim, at a fair in Indiana, both are wearing a name tag of sorts around their necks and he's got a tee shirt with "19 Kids and Counting" on it. Josh and Anna were there too, but no lanyards. What kind of fundy groups are based out of Indiana? Are there any? I'd think Josh would have to be a resident of any state/county/city for at least a year before he could run for any office. 

It might be nice for Jana. It would be a lot less responsibility, smaller house, fewer kids, less to do. She might have her own room and Josh is her brother, can't she tell him to go jump if he bugs her? Maybe she has a friend in Anna.

There was that episode where Jana and J_____ went to visit Josh and Anna in DC.  During dinner, Jana was standing up holding Marcus and eating.  Anna made a comment along the lines of, "That's an advanced maneuver for someone who isn't even a mom."  Oh, the shade Jana threw.  I swear she deadpanned the camera like, "Seriously?  Seriously."  It was awesome.

• Love 8

I'd like to think Jana and Anna are friends and maybe they are because they're the same age group, but Anna definitely has a bit of an attitude because she's married with 3 kids. She made that comment re Jana eating while holding one of HER kids and also in the same visit talked about how they need to get Jana married off. I can't imagine any single woman feeling good about someone who talks down to them simply because they haven't married and popped out babies. It probably is a break from Jana's day to day -- much easier to help Anna with 3 kids than to have primary responsibility of so many more at the Duggars' and when she's in DC, I do think they are out and about doing more things so it's probably just a change of scenery from Arkansas.

• Love 2

There was that episode where Jana and J_____ went to visit Josh and Anna in DC.  During dinner, Jana was standing up holding Marcus and eating.  Anna made a comment along the lines of, "That's an advanced maneuver for someone who isn't even a mom."  Oh, the shade Jana threw.  I swear she deadpanned the camera like, "Seriously?  Seriously."  It was awesome.

Jana probably has had that maneuver mastered since she was 8. There are thousands of moms in the world that have never given birth. She's had more experience raising children then Anna has had.

• Love 12

I was watching a rerun yesterday (I know; I need an intervention); the one where Josie dumps a load in her leggin's.  JB initially took charge, but Jana -- or was it Jinger? -- very promptly and helpfully stepped in, and then Joyless was shown saying they showered and changed her.  Both she and Jinger had big smiles on their faces when they were discussing it.  I honestly don't think they mind this?

But surely to heavens Grandma minds 70 loads of washing per week!

There is a rumor that John David is either in the getting to know you phase or is quietly courting.  He's been seen in photos near the same young lady in the last few months. 

Hee!  I love how in this world simply being seen "near" a girl means you must be courting her.

Oh, no, Indiana! I live in Indiana.

Well clearly you have to move now, mbutterfly, before you're contaminated! :-)

• Love 2

Since I read somewhere, I wish I could remember where, that Boob attended his first ATI conference at 15; this makes me wonder about Grandma.

That doesn't seem right - JB and Michelle used birth control until the twins, and I think Josh wasn't homeschooled until after kindergarten? I thought ATI didn't happen until after the miscarriage, and it was a slow spiral. I always figured Grandma Duggar was a typical conservative Christian who never bought into the ATI stuff. Didn't she also wear pants in the early episodes?

Edited by alt0233

Loved it. I watched the video of the girls talking about what they want, and just have to say to Jill: STFU--Maybe what God is trying to teach Jinger with her desire to live in a city is to RUN LIKE HELL and that it's totally ok and normal to not want what your sisters want. Jill's comment made me want to smack her upside the head. Brainwashed!

• Love 3
Jill's comment made me want to smack her upside the head. Brainwashed!

I've often had that feeling when it comes to Jill or tell her to shut up because she nearly does all of the talking for the girls. From early on to now its nearly always Jill talking. The other girl sitting with her usually has a bored expression on her face like why am I even here? Even when a question is asked to all of the girls or another girl Jill usually is the one who answers or corrects her sisters answers. Jill, some of us actually want to hear from the other girls especially, when their the ones being asked a question.

• Love 2

I've often had that feeling when it comes to Jill or tell her to shut up because she nearly does all of the talking for the girls. From early on to now its nearly always Jill talking. The other girl sitting with her usually has a bored expression on her face like why am I even here? Even when a question is asked to all of the girls or another girl Jill usually is the one who answers or corrects her sisters answers. Jill, some of us actually want to hear from the other girls especially, when their the ones being asked a question.

I just had a terrible thought. Maybe Jill is the next Michelle. Derick seems normal enough, but will be the type of guy Jim Bob is--so in love with his wife that he'll do whatever she says and go along with all the kooky stuff.  I shudder to think...

Josiah turns 18 this week.  (Thursday, I think ).  I hope he faked compliance during his ALERT incarceration and gets the hell out of Dodge.  Of all the kids, he seems to be the most unhappy with the lifestyle.  No kool-aid for him. 

• Love 5
I just had a terrible thought. Maybe Jill is the next Michelle.

I can't decide whether its Jessa or Jill that's the next Michelle. Jessa basically does nothing and I can't see her doing the stay at home wife cleaning her house and taking care of kids. She doesn't care about her buddies or doing her chores, she happily skips out on even more since she entered into a courtship. Just as Michelle does nothing all day long. But Jill does do all of the talking and correcting her sisters for years in past episodes. Jessa was also suppose to be the first one to court but Jill blew ahead with a courtship, wedding and now baby so the attention is firmly on her. Just as Michelle loves having all the attention on herself. Six days after her sister's engagement is announced she announces to the world she's pregnant? Most people I know would have waited a couple weeks or even a month to give their sister their time in the spotlight before making that kind of announcement. They could have even waited until this season "ends" which probably is with Jill's wedding to make the announcement. Instead she chose just days after Jessa's engagement was announced?

• Love 2

I keep waiting for somebody to make the escape.  I used to want to see a little branching out, a little more hanging with Amy or her mom, some real classes at a real college with real fellow students.  But no, that hasn't happened.  I remained bummed out.  Now I want the whole enchilada---somebody has to get out of Dodge, in a big way, impossible to explain by Jim Bob.

I really want to rescue Jana, Joy Anna, Johanna and Jennifer. They would have so much fun here in the Chicago area and of the girls they seem the most over the whole thing.

Yes, especially to Jana and Joy Anna. During the Derick/Jill proposal, they were smiling but it absolutely looked like a fixed smile, "I'm smiling because I'm on TV but I am sooooo over this but I don't have enough saved for a plane ticket to Anywhere But Here"

• Love 1

Sorry to say it, but I don't see any of these kids jumping ship.  I would love it if one or two developed some original thought patterns, but they have been raised this way their whole lives and I don't see how any of them would have the guts to rebel or live a more independent lifestyle.

• Love 1

andromeda331, until you mentioned it I never noticed how much Jill talks over and corrects her sisters. It's really freaking annoying. When Jinger said she wanted to live in a city and Jill immediately jumped in and rephrased her statement I wanted to punch her. It's scary how those kids aren't allowed to have an independent thought or desires outside the family party line.

• Love 3

Have been watching Dishing with the Duggars -( I am not working right now so I have some time on my hands) Just watching the shows when the Bates and Duggars went on a trip . Amy was with them- Gosh I love her- she is a hoot and a half. Maybe she can fill some of the younger girls with all those evil things like collage,living on your own and dating more than one guy.. We can only hope that one of them can defect to the other side some day. 

• Love 1

I'd like to think Jana and Anna are friends and maybe they are because they're the same age group, but Anna definitely has a bit of an attitude because she's married with 3 kids. She made that comment re Jana eating while holding one of HER kids and also in the same visit talked about how they need to get Jana married off. I can't imagine any single woman feeling good about someone who talks down to them simply because they haven't married and popped out babies. It probably is a break from Jana's day to day -- much easier to help Anna with 3 kids than to have primary responsibility of so many more at the Duggars' and when she's in DC, I do think they are out and about doing more things so it's probably just a change of scenery from Arkansas.

As a single woman with no kids, I can tell you those types of comments do NOT go over well lol. Not that it's any of their business why I either don't/can't have children, but it's my decision to make. Just like it's their decision TO get married and have kids. Regular people usually understand the "to each their own" theory, but the Duggars only know the "our way is the only way" theory, and it really makes them look like assholes a lot!

• Love 9

As a single woman with no kids, I can tell you those types of comments do NOT go over well lol. Not that it's any of their business why I either don't/can't have children, but it's my decision to make. Just like it's their decision TO get married and have kids. Regular people usually understand the "to each their own" theory, but the Duggars only know the "our way is the only way" theory, and it really makes them look like assholes a lot!

I can only imagine how hurtful Anna's remarks were to Jana. It's hard enough for "regular" single women to take those passive-aggressive digs let alone a young woman who comes from a culture that revolves around marriage and babies. Even Jill has become very sanctimonious since marrying Derick. All of a sudden she's an expert on relationships, never mind she's only been married for two months. It seems like their circles are very cliquish. It's the marrieds versus the poor, pitiful, lonely, miserable singles. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
I can only imagine how hurtful Anna's remarks were to Jana. It's hard enough for "regular" single women to take those passive-aggressive digs let alone a young woman who comes from a culture that revolves around marriage and babies.

What a thing to say to the girl who has spent her entire childhood raising her brothers and sisters, running her parents' household and doing all the work. And to the same girl who only gets to come visit her brother and sister-in-law when they need someone who watch their children so they can go skiing. I would love Jana to tell Anna off or even her whole family but that'll only get the poor girl sent back to be reprogrammed. 

• Love 3

I really want to rescue Jana, Joy Anna, Johanna and Jennifer. They would have so much fun here in the Chicago area and of the girls they seem the most over the whole thing.

Don't forget Jordyn! Don't leave her behind!! :(

Yes, she's forgotten by her family enough, don't forget her!

• Love 3

Sometimes watching this show makes me want to move to Arkansas, camp out in their town, and make it known that if any of the kids want to escape I would help them no questions asked. All they hear from Jim Bob and Michelle is about the evils of the world outside the compound, but there are so many more options between their lifestyle and being a coked-out stripper in Vegas. The Duggar kids, especially the older girls, need to know you can live a conservative lifestyle without feeling shame for wanting to hold hands or kiss before marriage. God won't strike you dead for reading a book not called the Bible.

• Love 10