Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Oh, OK, Amy-and-Josie-under-Amy's-veil are cute as heck. Credit where credit is due.

Cute pic, but we all know Josie. Amy was probably hiding her anxiety that the walking petri dish would ruin the veil or stain her dress. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3

I'd never seen this naked cake thing before. I actually kind of like it. This one echoes Amy's dress, to me--the simple white with neutral-colored sash. I do think it would have looked nce with a few strategically-placed real flowers.

I think you are right about the cake working with Amy's dress, SometimesBites.  It echos the color of her bridesmaid's dresses, too.   And looking back at the pictures, I noticed a lot of branch decor and simple lights.  It was probably a good choice of cake, given that.  But I agree, a couple of simple flowers wouldn't have hurt.  Especially since she chose to go with no kind of "topper" at all.  It seems just a touch bare with absolutely no ornamentation at all.

On my cake decorators FB page I see naked cakes all day long they are really popular. 

Are they much less expensive than a "traditional" cake?  I would think they must be.  Seems like a good way to save a lot of money, so you can spend it on things like, oh maybe ... an open bar or something, heh

About the naked cake.  Not really my style, but I can see most of my family really happy with it.  Most of them scrape off the frosting before they'll eat a slice of cake.

Most wedding cakes are so covered in too-sweet, too-thick frosting (or that inedible fondant) they are often not that good to actually eat.  This cake does seem like it might really be worth tasting.  

Frankly, I am surprised Amy showed such restraint.  She strikes me as the type who would have had a really frou-frou wedding, but her decor and attire are pleasantly uncomplicated.

Oh and Michelle looks like shit. I agree.   

• Love 10

Didn't care for the cake either, but it really was the smartest choice to make under those circumstances. Anything else would have pooled onto the floor before the ceremony was over. If Amy had her heart set on a gleaming white buttercream or cream cheese cake, she needed to find herself an air-conditioned venue. And I think the arrangements, overall, seem to have been too hurried for that.

I never thought of that.  Of course! It was hot.  Duh!

Edited by Ilovemylabs
  • Love 2

Didn't care for the cake either, but it really was the smartest choice to make under those circumstances. Anything else would have pooled onto the floor before the ceremony was over. If Amy had her heart set on a gleaming white buttercream or cream cheese cake, she needed to find herself an air-conditioned venue. And I think the arrangements, overall, seem to have been too hurried for that.

The barn is really a purpose built banquet hall, so it might have been air conditioned. Still, it's an odd looking choice in a wedding cake from a bride who undoubtedly likes performing "foodgasm" faces.

duggar%252Bking%252Bwedding%252B000595.j

I would like to see a pic of Amy's cake as it was displayed at the wedding.  You know, what the whole table looked like. Because I can see that kind of "naked cake" being a fine choice for certain types of weddings (low key, maybe rustic or the beach).  But it looks like the rest of the decor for her wedding was just a little too fancy for such a simple cake.  I'd like to see how it fit in with the rest of the reception decor. 

Sorry for the giant picture - I don't know how to shrink it down

When I've seen those cakes before, they've always been decorated with some fresh flowers or, in some cases, fruit. Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a bit, placed strategically. Sort of like cake ikebana. Very pretty and actually much more sophisticated and classy than most of the usual cakes, when they have the flower and fruit decorations. I never saw one in this form.

Edited by Churchhoney

I know the wedding rules have been relaxed and broken- brides have best men, numbers of attendants do not have to match, but I hate that Mullet is in a white/cream dress. At least it's not the green shirt. Most of the J'slaves look pretty good. New clothes for all, way to open that wallet Jim Boob.

To me, it just looks like they ran out of frosting for the cake.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 1

I know the wedding rules have been relaxed and broken- brides have best men, numbers of attendants do not have to match, but I hate that Mullet is in a white/cream dress. At least it's not the green shirt. Most of the J'slaves look pretty good. New clothes for all, way to open that wallet Jim Boob.

To me, it just looks like they ran out of frosting for the cake.

We should all be thankful Mullet didn't wear one of her puffy sleeved blouses & jean skirt. Maybe Grandma hid them in the laundry.

• Love 1

Ok, I'm not getting the leggings on the 2 flower girls.  Did I miss something?  It looks so stupid.  Did Michelle make them do that?  For heaven's sake its a wedding, what did they think was going to happen?   Again, it looks ridiculous. 

Ok, I'm not getting the leggings on the 2 flower girls.  Did I miss something?  It looks so stupid.  Did Michelle make them do that?  For heaven's sake its a wedding, what did they think was going to happen?   Again, it looks ridiculous. 

I'm assuming the leggings are to keep the undies from showing when the girls are playing and running around. But there isn't a reason for them to be so long. A pair of stretchy shorts would perform the same function without being seen while the girls are just standing there.

• Love 5
Oh, OK, Amy-and-Josie-under-Amy's-veil are cute as heck. Credit where credit is due

I think the photographer was very wise to have this done in black and white.  Amy looks great, and she's very appropriately featured, but Josie's manner of dress looks disheveled and sloppy.  The black and white obscures that.  It would be a very different pic if done in color. 

• Love 4

I think the photographer was very wise to have this done in black and white. Amy looks great, and she's very appropriately featured, but Josie's manner of dress looks disheveled and sloppy. The black and white obscures that. It would be a very different pic if done in color.

I actually thought this was one of the more talented, competent fundie photogs of the ones we've seen them use so far.

• Love 11

When I've seen those cakes before, they've always been decorated with some fresh flowers or, in some cases, fruit. Sometimes a lot, sometimes just a bit, placed strategically. Sort of like cake ikebana. Very pretty and actually much more sophisticated and classy than most of the usual cakes, when they have the flower and fruit decorations. I never saw one in this form.

It would have been nice if they used candles or flower petals on the table to offset the lack of decor on the cake.

• Love 3

Did Amy exclude all of her cousins because she knew they'd only wear ugly bridesmaids dresses?

My guess is Amy wanted to have her wedding her way and didn't want to deal with all the Duggars' ridiculous restrictions and modesty rules. The J'slaves would have sucked all the fun out of the bridal party activities.

• Love 18

I actually thought this was one of the more talented, competent fundie photogs of the ones we've seen them use so far.

Are we sure this is a fundie photographer? He comments about dancing until his feet feel off. He may be a Christian but that doesn't sound Fundie

• Love 6

I wonder if Amy bought the dresses or if the bridesmaids bought their own. I've never been in, or heard of a wedding where the bride bought the bridesmaids dresses like the Duggars, and possibly, Michaela Bates did.

My guess is Amy wanted to have her wedding her way and didn't want to deal with all the Duggars' ridiculous restrictions and modesty rules. The J'slaves would have sucked all the fun out of the bridal party activities.

BitterApple - I so agree!  Can you imagine dealing with all the Duggar "modesty"  bs.  Nobody deserves having to deal with that for their wedding.  From what I remember when Jessa was picking  her brides maids  dresses out they were something like $50. I don't remember, but did she only have her sisters as brides maids? If so, that would explain why Boob paid for them. I have been a bm in numerous wedding and paid for all my dresses.

I like Amy - she is a fame whore but so are all the Duggars. She at least has some spunk and is her own person.

• Love 7

I completely agree. The rules and demands would have been out of control. And they would have been very in-your-face about it. Asking the Duggar girls to be in the wedding would have in essence turned the wedding over to JB.

• Love 8

Jinger needs to lay off the self tanner.  She looks horrible and so unnatural.  It's also obvious that Jessa wanted the attention toward her.  Her dress wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for the extra white lining at the bottom.

• Love 5

Jinger needs to lay off the self tanner. She looks horrible and so unnatural. It's also obvious that Jessa wanted the attention toward her. Her dress wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for the extra white lining at the bottom.

Seriously, she needs to stop with the Dollar General sunless tanner. She looks like an Oompa Loompa who used one of those body stretching aps to take a few pictures.

Jinger needs to lay off the self tanner.  She looks horrible and so unnatural.  It's also obvious that Jessa wanted the attention toward her.  Her dress wouldn't look so bad if it wasn't for the extra white lining at the bottom.

Oh, that was Jinger?  I thought Tan Mom came to the wedding.

• Love 10

Seriously, she needs to stop with the Dollar General sunless tanner. She looks like an Oompa Loompa who used one of those body stretching aps to take a few pictures.

I have my theories about the self-tanner on Jinger. I really do worry for her well-being.

• Love 1

JoeJitsu, do tell...

Some people like to tan because it gives the appearance of being slimmer and more toned. With Jinger's already slim figure, I worry that she's using tanning in one of two ways: make herself appear slimmer or camouflage something about her appearance. Maybe I'm just projecting, but I feel that she has body image issues. Well, who wouldn't living in that fucked up house?

• Love 5

Oh my GOD that cake looks amazing. I'm imagining a cinnamon coffee cake with frosting taste to it. No Rice Krispies tossed on baby's breath for this wedding!

Famy annoys the hell out of me and I wish she'd disappear from the spotlight now, but her wedding was pretty well done, right down to the water bar, which I think was a great idea for her non-alcohol drinking crowd. Her multiple-DUI asshole of a husband should have been forced to drink only from that bar.

• Love 4
Some people like to tan because it gives the appearance of being slimmer and more toned. With Jinger's already slim figure, I worry that she's using tanning in one of two ways: make herself appear slimmer or camouflage something about her appearance. Maybe I'm just projecting, but I feel that she has body image issues. Well, who wouldn't living in that fucked up house?

Yes.  I agree.  This is what I thought you were saying. 

Oh my GOD that cake looks amazing. I'm imagining a cinnamon coffee cake with frosting taste to it. No Rice Krispies tossed on baby's breath for this wedding!

Famy annoys the hell out of me and I wish she'd disappear from the spotlight now, but her wedding was pretty well done, right down to the water bar, which I think was a great idea for her non-alcohol drinking crowd. Her multiple-DUI asshole of a husband should have been forced to drink only from that bar.

Someone upthread said it was some kind of cheescake.  Yum, but the cinnamon coffee cake sounds delish too.  I actually thought the cake looked kind of elegant in a rustic way, and fit the venue.  I do wonder if there was more embellishment not shown, like an addition of flowers or fruit.  I liked it, and knowing that it was a cheesecake, it seems a fitting look for it.

• Love 6

Amy sang at Jill's wedding, but I don't remember her being a part of Jessa's. I don't remember seeing Amy pictures of her at all, although I must admit that I didn't see the 100 exclusive new pictures. Given that Jessa was showing up her cousin, I wouldn't put it past her to include some Famy pics.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Should I assume that even though the bridsmaid's dresses showed no cleavage or leg, the Duggar girls wouldn't have been allowed to wear them? And who would make that decision? If Jill was asked to be in the wedding does JB still tell her what to wear or is it just Derick? And how about Anna? Who makes the decision for her?

• Love 3

I'm just fascinated with how well put together and elegant Amy's wedding looked in comparison with her cousins'. Like, everything looked better, even the guests! Except for Jessa's wedding dress. Jessa's dress was fabulous perfection in every way and while Amy's dress was very pretty I didn't think it fit her body type very well, it made her look a bit squat. Did wonders for her 'girls' though.

Does anyone know how many guests Amy had? Because I can't help thinking that the Duggar girls would've had a larger budget to work with, but their choice to invite everyone and their dog meant that that budget got stretched really thin, hence ice cream in the parking lot and home-made wedding cake.

• Love 4

I'm just fascinated with how well put together and elegant Amy's wedding looked in comparison with her cousins'. Like, everything looked better, even the guests! Except for Jessa's wedding dress. Jessa's dress was fabulous perfection in every way and while Amy's dress was very pretty I didn't think it fit her body type very well, it made her look a bit squat. Did wonders for her 'girls' though.

Does anyone know how many guests Amy had? Because I can't help thinking that the Duggar girls would've had a larger budget to work with, but their choice to invite everyone and their dog meant that that budget got stretched really thin, hence ice cream in the parking lot and home-made wedding cake.

I agree she did a nice job. I think I read somewhere her guest list was around 400.

Amy always kind of reminded me of Brittany Spears in that she tries so hard with fashion and image but never quite hits the mark. She out did herself with the wedding though.

• Love 6

Having watched Jill's wedding and Jessa's wedding, I think both would have been vastly improved by having those invited dogs show up!

• Love 4

Famy's photographer posted a bunch of new pictures on his blog. 

The pix are beautiful. Love the cake. It matches her dress.

At first I thought she was having her make-up done by Carmindy from What Not to Wear. Thought it was a TLC crossover thing.

Jessa's slip/hem extender thing is ruining the Jgirls pic. The photographer should've hidden her in the back. And someone should burn those stupid brown sandals while she's sleeping.

Josie is not the only one with leggings under her dress. And they couldn't push them up under her dress for 5 minutes? Jana is slipping in her Mom duties.

Were there any flowers at all???

• Love 2

While I generally try not to read too much into Jenny's Grumpy Cat persona, I do wonder if the poor girl suffers from headaches? After all, Michelle admitted in the episode where Jenny got glasses that she had been suffering from headaches as a result of her eyesight, yet we almost never seen pictorial proof that Jenny wears her glasses. :-/

Hope you're not in pain, Jenny. Hope you're just a future bada$$. 

I was talking with a friend earlier about the family,looks wide I dont really think there is one truly stunning Duggar in the entire bunch,which is strange,usually in big familys at least one kid Model material,Id say Jana is the best looking of the girls,dont get the fuss over Jessa.

• Love 3

Someone should have washed and brushed Josie's hair for the wedding. She looks so messed up.

Remember the show where Michelle was doing Josie's hair and she used the pink baby lotion stuff on it? I think that look is intentional.

• Love 1