Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Regarding Josie's leggings, I imagine along with licking the counters she likes to lift her dress.  The leggings prevent her flashing her underwear at everyone.

That's my guess anyhow.

So then how about a pair of cute little short bloomers that would only show if she flashed someone. The leggings make a cute little outfit look sloppy.

• Love 6

Well Amy got the top right corner of the cover of People. Too bad she has no career to promote.

We should do a pool on how soon Amy becomes pregnant, if she isn't currently that is. She's coming up on 30 soon. If she wants kids, she should start soon. I do  wonder whether she wants them though. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. 

• Love 1

We should do a pool on how soon Amy becomes pregnant, if she isn't currently that is. She's coming up on 30 soon. If she wants kids, she should start soon. I do  wonder whether she wants them though. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. 

My thoughts too, Wellfleet. A lot of sacrifices are made when becoming a parent. I'm not sure Amy has it in her to make the sacrifices and give up her own personal spotlight.

Regarding Josie's leggings, I imagine along with licking the counters she likes to lift her dress.  The leggings prevent her flashing her underwear at everyone.

That's my guess anyhow.

Yeah, I get that. At that age I would have put shorts on my girls -- that was pretty much a given whenever they wore dresses or skirts (hello, monkey bars. We had those little legging-style shorts in every color.) But it wouldn't have been visible in the formal pictures. Just there in case, you know, they suddenly started turning cartwheels. Which they would have, but not during the formal pictures. Probably.

But back to the Duggars. I feel like this just comes off as more, "LOOK!! LOOK HOW MODEST WE ARE!! Even the flower girl dresses had to be modified because we are just. So. Modest."

• Love 10

Wasn't this wedding thrown together rather quickly?  Maybe she's already pregnant.

• Love 2
I think Jinger has said that she's the only sister who doesn't require the perm. 

That was Jessa with the naturally curly hair, as far as I remember. It was in that episode where Jinger was sitting in a chair getting a home perm and making her weird faces because they were pulling too tight, etc.

I think that was more muffin top than boob.

I wasn't going to say, it's not so much cleavage as it is her ladies are sitting atop her pooch which got pushed up by the dress/corset/eight pairs of Spanx.

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 3

Do you think she would?  Even though many of the older kids and parents are dithering, I would  hope that each of the siblings could be evaluated on their own.  But this community is so enmeshed that maybe that's not possible.  Poor lonely J's if that's the case. It'd be great to see one of the kids marry fundie-lite and start wearing pants and not having a million kids.

Kelly not liking the Duggars has nothing to do with the kids, it's the parents she doesn't want anything to do with. Have you seen who her kids married? They are well respected people from their click, not hillbilly trash like the Duggars.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7

I think that's a Duggar twin standing with Jinger. It doesn't look like a Bates boy to me

In the photo where Jackson and Johannah look like the bride and groom, Jinger is standing next to a Bates. In the one where they remember to include the real bride and groom, there's no Bates.

Either Amy is pregnant or she's learned to haul the fish in as soon as you get one hooked.

I bet his family have money.

Edited by Kokapetl

One photo has Jinger sandwiched between Trace and Lawson Bates.

Did I see the Hartono boy in one of those pics? He's everywhere! Is he an honorary Duggar? (What an honor!) He's like the 20th Duggar.

• Love 4

Wasn't this wedding thrown together rather quickly? Maybe she's already pregnant.

She was married within two months of engagement, so I'd say yep, definitely preggers. Or she was determined to seal the deal before Dillon came to his senses and called things off.

One photo has Jinger sandwiched between Trace and Lawson Bates.

Did I see the Hartono boy in one of those pics? He's everywhere! Is he an honorary Duggar? (What an honor!) He's like the 20th Duggar.

Aren't there 3 Hartono boys plus their sister Jennifer?

Who are those three guys on the end with Jinger?  That doesn't even look like a Bates to me. 

IKR? And is the one on her right holding Marcus? The one on her left does look a little like Lawson based on some recent pics I've seen here, but why would he be a Amy's wedding????

Have the Duggars never been to a formal occasion? I realize that an afternoon wedding at a farm doesn't call for black tie, but couldn't someone have tucked in the younger boys' shirts?

Well, I suppose Jana's too busy right now helping out with four M'kids, and maybe Izzy as well at times. And maybe Jinger and Joy are just over it. After all, Joy just came back from a foreign land where people may have been smiling. And Jinger wore denim to the wedding.

So then how about a pair of cute little short bloomers that would only show if she flashed someone. The leggings make a cute little outfit look sloppy.

Hey, now, you wouldn't want her to get used to wearing the equivalent of shorts. Gotta train her to keep those knees well covered at all times.

• Love 1

She was married within two months of engagement, so I'd say yep, definitely preggers. Or she was determined to seal the deal before Dillon came to his senses and called things off.

She insinuated that she was saving certain things for marriage (which she would have in common with her cousins), so maybe that's why the short engagement.

Exactly.  My granddaughter used to wear bike shorts under her dresses til she got old enough not to lift her dress or do headstands in them.  They were short and white and didn't show unless she "performed".  

• Love 3

Wasn't this wedding thrown together rather quickly?  Maybe she's already pregnant.

I don't even know enough about this to have an opinion, but my assumption, since she pre-arranged a wedding special, was that she scheduled her wedding for when TLC had a hole in their schedule at a low-viewership time. Because even if all of this mess hadn't happened, they had to be getting tired of trying to make fetch happen with Amy.

• Love 2

See, this is what bugs about Amy's persona. Do I wish that she hadn't gotten married with her boobs pushed up so far that she needed a brazilian on her cleavage? Yeah, kinda do. Do I think it would be nice if she didn't have quite so many pictures on her feeds pointed up at her miniskirt? Yeah, again, kinda do (my daughter feels strongly that I should say that I'm a neanderthal about skirt length, so, duly noted). 

But the problem I have with it is that I see it as nothing but the flip side of Jim Bob's shit. The women in his household are made to cover themselves because they live to respond to the male gaze? Well, Amy's the rebel. She hangs it all out there, because presenting grand swathes of your body to attract the male gaze is what 'fun' girls do. 

JMO, an actual Duggar 'rebel' would wear whatever they felt comfortable in, not feel the need to emphasize or de-emphasize their bodies, and would be too busy living an awesome and fulfilling life to chronicle their life on social media pretty much at all.

All of which is to say that I think all this prurient bullshit pretty much invited the speculation about Amy's presumptive chastity, but honestly I don't care if she's had the 82d Airborne up there or just a few moths. It's absolutely none of my business. And I'm tickled that there's something about that unfortunate young woman's life which is absolutely none of my business which she's uncharacteristically chosen not to share with me.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 8

She insinuated that she was saving certain things for marriage (which she would have in common with her cousins), so maybe that's why the short engagement.

Well, I doubt she saved vaginal intercourse.

Wearing PJs in the same room as a man?

I didn't see this discussed but maybe I missed it?

What does Amy do for a living. I had NO clue she was close to 30.  I thought she was like 19 or something...that totally doesn't make sense but she sounds so young and silly. 

• Love 3

What does Amy do for a living. I had NO clue she was close to 30.  I thought she was like 19 or something...that totally doesn't make sense but she sounds so young and silly. 

If I'm not mistaken she is a Nanny, Oh and a Country Singer. ;)

• Love 4

Remember the blogger couple who announced they were pregnant after the husband surreptitiously used a pregnancy test with her stale urine from an unflushed toilet? And then they announced they "lost" the baby? And then he was Ashley Madisoned? I think Amy and Mr Amy are gonna try and become something like that.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

What does Amy do for a living. I had NO clue she was close to 30. I thought she was like 19 or something...that totally doesn't make sense but she sounds so young and silly.

Amy nannied for a short while, but it wasn't years or any length of time where you'd consider it a career. I only found out she was 30 during the time the molestation scandal broke. I thought she was around Jinger/Jessa's age. No wonder she was desperate and married a guy she admitted she couldn't stand for the majority of the time they knew each other.

• Love 1

That's my guess anyhow.

In an article (linked here a while back) by that fellow fundie who was at the homeschooling campariffic with the Duggars, one picture showed Josie in a vehicle with several other children. The other kids were smiling for the cmera and Josie was literally hanging upside down from the ceiling. Might just as well give her the leggings.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 6

In an article (linked here a while back) by that fellow fundie who was at the homeschooling campariffic with the Duggars, one picture showed Josie in a vehicle with several other children. The other kids were smiling for the cmera and Josie was literally hanging upside down from the ceiling. Might just as well give her the leggings.

And maybe skip the skirt altogether...

• Love 4

Cash bar? Of all the gossip to spew forth from this family over the last few months, this is the hardest rumor for me to swallow. Dude's nickname (I'm my head) is DUI Dill. His family has money. I'm sure their friend's were doing keg stands the minute the Duggars left. The bar had to be Open.

• Love 4

No.She.Didn't.

Seriously if you can't afford even the cheapest bottom shelf Vodka, just don't even do alcohol at the wedding. Stick to water and Costco powdered lemonade mix. I just can't with these people.

In my area it is typical to have an open bar during the cocktail hour while waiting for the wedding party to arrive, and then a cash bar during the reception. Or to have 2 or 3 free alcoholic beverages floating through on trays throughout the reception that are free. Many don't do open bar both for the cost and potential liability.

• Love 6

She hasn't nannied in quite some time. I don't think she's worked at all, aside from pimping products/stores on Instagram, since TLC paid her for the Nashville specials.

This was my impression too. I think Amy never got any type of "real" job - or trained for one - because she expected to be married much sooner than actually ended up being the case. And she apparently wasn't serious enough about her music career until recently - that might have worked out better than it did if she had [though I doubt it].  But it is the stretch of all time for Amy to refer to herself as a nanny. Nannies are individuals with actual earned credentials, who've been trained by qualified & accredited organizations for a minimum of six months, and preferably for a year or two, in health care & first aid, domestic skills and most importantly, ALL areas of child care and development, from newborns through school-age children. The 17-year old [or the 28-year old] from down the block who watches kids after school until their parents get home is not a nanny. She's a babysitter, plain and simple.

• Love 3

In my area it is typical to have an open bar during the cocktail hour while waiting for the wedding party to arrive, and then a cash bar during the reception. Or to have 2 or 3 free alcoholic beverages floating through on trays throughout the reception that are free. Many don't do open bar both for the cost and potential liability.

Yep, it's pretty common to have free beer and/or wine but make hard liquor cash only.  I don't have a problem with cash bars.  The bride and groom should do whatever they can afford as long as root beer and ice cream aren't the only options.

• Love 11

My only issue with cash bars is to let me know ahead of time so I can hit the ATM.  

Okay, I'm lying, cash bars annoy me.  I sat through your wedding ceremony in a dress and heels.  The least you can do is get me loaded on semi-decent whiskey.

• Love 11