Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

B4sjiMl.jpg

Holy criminy. Seriously, this is one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen. ETA: Welcome to what Michelle sees just as JB says, "Brace yourself, honey." But it doesn't take very long.

In the pictures I've seen of the Duggar's at the wedding, they looked to me as if they were attending a funeral.  I realize the wedding took place in Arkansas, where it was hotter than a furnace and so humid you could nearly drink the air, so maybe that accounts for the facial expressions, but it certainly didn't look like a joyful event for Big Daddy's gang.  

I can't stand Amy, but part of me would like to see her get her own show and soar to stardom while the other Duggar's continue to spiral downward.  Ironically, the entire family seems to be getting much more media attention in their decline than they did in their heyday.  Maybe it's because I never watch the program, but I certainly never saw this much Duggar coverage before.  

Hmmm....I think that would be a little bit like Kate Gosselin crossed with Snooki. That scares me just a little bit.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 6

Can someone post more pictures of what the girls wore to the wedding? I've seen a few pictures but nothing showing their feet and I don't think I've seen Jana at all.

What little I have seen doesn't seem so bad to me, especially for an outdoor summer wedding that was likely hotter than hell. But I also own a mustard cardigan so apparently I have no taste.

• Love 2

Can someone post more pictures of what the girls wore to the wedding? I've seen a few pictures but nothing showing their feet and I don't think I've seen Jana at all.

What little I have seen doesn't seem so bad to me, especially for an outdoor summer wedding that was likely hotter than hell. But I also own a mustard cardigan so apparently I have no taste.

Jana looked super cute. Too bad she was on babysitting duty all evening because she might have otherwise caught the eye of a nice fella. 

http://okmagazine.com/photos/cinderella-duggar-jana-babysitting-josh-kids-rehab/photo/1001312819/

Thanks Janarella! I think Jana looks just fine- cute dress, wedge sandals, hair is done nicely, and it doesn't look like she's wearing raccoon make up.

I think Jana looked just right for the event, but I almost always DO think she looks very nice. She puts off such a different vibe than her sisters. I'd give a pie to know what goes on in her head.

• Love 3

Some how, and I can't figure it out, but Michelle's hair still looks mulletish. There is a shot of her with her hair blowing in the wind, and something about it doesn't make sense.

11kywwp.jpg

She's clearly hacking at the front on a routine basis, but the rest is just ignored.

• Love 1

Agreed. I love the color and it goes great with her hair. I hope she wasn't too warm in that jacket. I like how the  color kind of matches the sash on Amy's dress.

Completely agree. Deanna looked 10 times better than Me-chelle did in either of her girls' weddings. Deanna looks like she cared and prepared for the day. Me-chelle looked like she wore whatever was on the first hanger she grabbed when reaching blindly into her closet.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 5

The shiny gray ill fitting monstrosity that J'Chelle wore for Jill's wedding was, hands down, the ugliest mother of the bride dress I've ever seen. Where were those 19 kids when she came out dressed in that fugly thing? No one apparently had the guts to say, "Mom, that's hideous. Please change."

I still think it was loaned or given to her by Kelly Bates, who wore it (without the stupid add on modesty bib) to one of her kid's weddings. It didn't look great on her either, but at least it fit.

I don't think J'Chelle's dress for Amy's wedding was that bad. The white/cream wasn't necessarily the best choice of color, but at least it looked reasonably contemporary. When she shows up in something other than an ugly ass green puff sleeve button down shirt, long denim skirt, and old lady shoes, it truly is a cause for celebration. Now if she (and her headship) would only realize that frizzy mullet-like long perms went out 30 years ago, she might take a few baby steps into the current century.

• Love 8

The shiny gray ill fitting monstrosity that J'Chelle wore for Jill's wedding was, hands down, the ugliest mother of the bride dress I've ever seen. Where were those 19 kids when she came out dressed in that fugly thing? No one apparently had the guts to say, "Mom, that's hideous. Please change."

I still think it was loaned or given to her by Kelly Bates, who wore it (without the stupid add on modesty bib) to one of her kid's weddings. It didn't look great on her either, but at least it fit.

I don't think J'Chelle's dress for Amy's wedding was that bad. The white/cream wasn't necessarily the best choice of color, but at least it looked reasonably contemporary. When she shows up in something other than an ugly ass green puff sleeve button down shirt, long denim skirt, and old lady shoes, it truly is a cause for celebration. Now if she (and her headship) would only realize that frizzy mullet-like long perms went out 30 years ago, she might take a few baby steps into the current century.

Even JimBob seemed to know the Jillard mother of the bride dress was fug. Best compliment he could muster was "well, you can't say that dress isn't modest!"
  • Love 1

About the hair. Remember how great she looked after that makeover? Straight hair. She is a pretty woman. But "daddy likes the curls". Does anyone think "daddy" says he likes the curls because they take away from her attractiveness and she won't be attractive to men? (Not that she would go astray, but other men might look at her differently). Or maybe she too thinks it is a kind of shield?

• Love 1

About the hair. Remember how great she looked after that makeover? Straight hair. She is a pretty woman. But "daddy likes the curls". Does anyone think "daddy" says he likes the curls because they take away from her attractiveness and she won't be attractive to men? (Not that she would go astray, but other men might look at her differently). Or maybe she too thinks it is a kind of shield?

Or "daddy likes the curls" because Bill Gothard likes the long curls and has therefore declared that long curls are what make woman's hair her "crowning glory" as decreed by The Lord. And that makes Bill Gothard's and daddy's sex drives holy...and biblical.

Could go either way. Or both.

• Love 2

Even JimBob seemed to know the Jillard mother of the bride dress was fug. Best compliment he could muster was "well, you can't say that dress isn't modest!"

Im sure Michelle is a gay man trapped in a womans body,that dress she wore at Jills wedding was like a tribute to the Tin Man from Oz.

She also has no heart....

• Love 3

Jana seems to be the only Duggar female that actually takes care of her hair. She looks put together and neat in her pictures. I hope the reason she's still single is her own choice, as in "No way am I starting my own nuthouse."

I would love to see her break away, and live happily.  Maybe get work as a nanny,  at least she'd get days off and a room of her own. 

• Love 5

No. Seriously. Did he say that??

Yes, he did.

And I believe the Kelly/Michelle MOB dresses were a coincidence. Michelle mentioned the girls shopping with her and finding the dress on the sale rack. I don't think Michelle and Kelly wear the same sized clothing.

48aa1b95cec22003ecc8bd6d894a5090.jpg9e8ad6f4aa39e5bdaa77e4e0ac218ebf.jpg

• Love 2

Notice how we haven't seen pictures of any of the Duggars posing with the bride and groom? My guess is that none of the Duggar kids (even the legal adults) were allowed to take a photo with Amy with her bare shoulders and breastesses. Have we missed the pictures of the Duggars posing with Amy and her new husband? Yeah, Amy latched onto the Duggar fame train, but she was also around to help the so-called Mother-of-the-Year corral her kids on field trips, and help plan birthdays and showers. Even in the face of their eldest son being exposed as a hypocrite perv, they won't even pose for a picture with Amy because their "Christian image" might be further tarnished by the presence of boobs (besides JB) in the photos? Not only that, but make sure to repost the 10 month old wedding photos of the famewhoriest "pretty" daughter the same week, to remind us what a proper and modest wedding should look like? Wow.

Kelly vs. MEE-chelle. It COULD be the same dress. How much shorter is MEE-chelle than Kelly? There are the same amount of ruffled "tiers" on the bottom, but MEE-chelle has not only added that dopey modesty panel up top, but also another piece of material on the bottom, making it a full length dress. SO, she COULD have gotten the dress from Kelly (FREEBIES!) and taken it to a shop and match the fabric for the bib and extra panel on the bottom. I wonder if CinderJana got stuck making those moderations, too? And it looks like Kelly DID add a modesty panel, but it's high enough to hide cleavage, but low enough not to look completely ridiculous. Kelly's looks more like a camisole, which many women wear with V-necks that plunge a little too low.  Michelle's looks like chastity body armor. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 11

Or perhaps since Amy is trying to distance herself from the Duggar family she chose not to have pictures taken with them.

Nah, Amy is still dropping their names every chance she gets, keeping herself in the spotlight.  This is from this morning's ROL:

Determined to brighten Anna’s spirits, Amy treated the mother to some much-deserved spa services. “I felt like Anna needed to be pampered so I got her a mani-pedi certificate,” she explained. “I feel like she needs that.” ...

But Amy did not stop there. “I gave Aunt Michelle a gift certificate for her favorite restaurant so she and uncle Jim Bob can have a really sweet date night,” she revealed, saying that her 19 Kids And Counting family members have, “been through so much and it means the world to me that they want to come to my wedding even though their whole world is turned upside down right now.”

It seems like if Amy's gifts were really just about love and generosity and caring, she might have skipped giving an interview about it. Hmph.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-pampers-anna-with-spa-services-after-cheating-nightmare-with-josh/

• Love 7

It seems like if Amy's gifts were really just about love and generosity and caring, she might have skipped giving an interview about it. Hmph.

inorite? I think she may have overestimated how much the media were interested in her as something other than a Duggar family member with no pesky loyalty issues. And mostly when I see those gift certificates, it's when someone's having a shower, so I can't help but wonder where Amy got them to begin with.

• Love 2

Did Amy really make that stupid crack about how she doesn't have to wear floor-length skirts anymore? Was she serious? Has she had a stroke? Did the interviewer have a stroke? Aren't there like five thousand hours worth of footage of her not wearing floor length skirts around the Duggars? That was nationally broadcast? As recently as a few months ago?

• Love 3

Nah, Amy is still dropping their names every chance she gets, keeping herself in the spotlight.  

Oh for God's sake, Amy, just stop talking.

• Love 8

Did Amy really make that stupid crack about how she doesn't have to wear floor-length skirts anymore? Was she serious? Has she had a stroke? Did the interviewer have a stroke? Aren't there like five thousand hours worth of footage of her not wearing floor length skirts around the Duggars? That was nationally broadcast? As recently as a few months ago?

Amy Duggar got married Sunday night, and she'll now proudly call herself Amy King.

"It's a relief," she tells ET exclusively. "It feels like the stress is gone. I don't have to be perfect anymore. I don't have to worry about wearing long skirts. And I got to marry my best friend!"

Yes, he did.

And I believe the Kelly/Michelle MOB dresses were a coincidence. Michelle mentioned the girls shopping with her and finding the dress on the sale rack. I don't think Michelle and Kelly wear the same sized clothing.

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone designed that dress. What a horrible thing to unleash onto an unsuspecting world.

• Love 17

Amy Duggar got married Sunday night, and she'll now proudly call herself Amy King.

"It's a relief," she tells ET exclusively. "It feels like the stress is gone. I don't have to be perfect anymore. I don't have to worry about wearing long skirts. And I got to marry my best friend!"

*facepalm* What was more stressful, Amy? The freebies or the billions of strings TLC must have had to pull to get you your "connections" in Nashville for the freaking two-hour special about your hilarious singing career?

ETA: her best friend of six months.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 7

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone designed that dress. What a horrible thing to unleash onto an unsuspecting world.

Looks like an extra panel was added to the bottom of MEchelle's dress as well as the neckline. Otherwise I'm thinking it's the exact same dress that she "borrowed" from Kelly. Wooofffff that is a butt ugly dress. I believe Kelly said she found it on the clearance rack at Dillards. Should have stayed there.

• Love 6

Yes, he did.

Geez. Be sure to admire my oh so modest wife!! Who looks like a drunken robot dressed as a Christmas tree. Why is it that all I reall see is enormous boobs? My gosh, that is unattractive!

Really annoyed at the LOOK HOW MODEST WE ARE!!!

• Love 10

So who wore it best? (Alright Amy's isn't quite the same.)

bbt-s05e08-amys-purple-dress-418x580.jpg9e8ad6f4aa39e5bdaa77e4e0ac218ebf.jpg48aa1b95cec22003ecc8bd6d894a5090.jpg

Sheesh. I gotta go with Mayim. But I will say that this post caused one of those "LOL, scared the cats" moments.

And Michelle added an ANKLE PANEL? Because otherwise that dress was so very sexy?? Hahahahahahaha!!!! X infinity.

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 5

Amy probably re-gifted the mani-pedi & restaurant gift certificates. And really, when someone's life is turned upside down, the biggest gift would be not to talk about it in a national interview.

Lol, yes, because a $25 mani-pedi in an Asian strip mall salon is all Anna needs to get over the fact that she's got four kids under five and her husband has just been exposed as a child molester AND an adulterer. Gel tips for everyone!!!

I agree the best way Amy can help is to shut her trap.

• Love 11