Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

That's a really nice cake for a party of just 14, with 2 of the attendees Dillard's employees and probably aren't allowed to eat the cake.

Wait, wait. I thought we were all invited to meet and greet the bride-to-be and get cake and food. KDP said so! Maybe the masses are in roped off in the small kitchen electrics department. 

Sales on the registry aren't exactly zipping along. Can someone please buy this poor woman a pizza pan?

• Love 3

The cake is probably cardboard underneath.

"Duggar Studios" was there filming, but fanned out to different dept's. Some were found in women's lingerie, while one was found humping a male mannequin from behind.

A younger boy was directed to the shoe dept. after shouting NIKE NIKE ! over and over again, then passing out by the nine inch heels.

So much sin in a single outing.

Poor (F)Amy. She went from a TLC-sponsored wedding extravaganza to coverage provided by Duggar Studios (which still needs our support, barf).

• Love 4

That's a really nice cake for a party of just 14, with 2 of the attendees Dillard's employees and probably aren't allowed to eat the cake.

I'm thinking that it's a dummy cake and the cake that was served was a simple sheet cake since a real wedding cake is expensive.

• Love 6

In her case, "bubble" may just be another word for "airhead."

I'm sorry, but Amy's phony-baloney ain't-I-the-adorablest smile in that photo makes me want to kick her teeth in. ..... And actually, I'm not sorry. : )

Do they not have enough bathrooms at Dillard's? Shoulda waited to take the photo until the ladies room line cleared.

You owe me a keyboard, Churchhoney.  I scared the dog, too.

• Love 1

It was probably one of those deals like they do at book signings where you don't get to meet the author unless you buy the book. You don't buy something off the registry then no cake for you!

Judging by the picture the shower was lame. Two or three of those people are likely Dillards employees, Michelle, Deanna and Grandma are relatives, so that leaves what, five or six people?

• Love 8

It was probably one of those deals like they do at book signings where you don't get to meet the author unless you buy the book. You don't buy something off the registry then no cake for you!

Most likely. But KDP posted that everyone who comes gets cake or food regardless [of whether or not they bring a gift]. I'm not sure that post is still there, however. Plans may have changed or maybe King Dill Pickle had to be silenced (put back in the jar) for his own good. 

• Love 4

Amy must be screaming inside. She's an f-list celebrity. She came very, very close to hitting the d-list with her reality show. It's GOT to hurt. I hope she sings Josh songs of lamentation, every day, for the rest of his life. That's punishment enough.

Also, the decor and food:

amy-duggar-inline-back.jpg

*takes a sip of punch, spits Jessa's hair out*

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

I'm confused by the low attendance generally. Makes me think this has to be just one among multiple showers. But if that's the case, who was this shower supposed to include? Didn't seem to be a family-run shower or a church-run shower or a we're-friends-of-Amy-from-school-and-jobs shower. It kind of seemed to be an Amy-run shower. What did I miss? Who announces their own shower? Or was someone else actually in the forefront? Was this actually intended to be a leghumper-heavy event that fizzled? Or what? ...And were there any chairs at this shower or were you just supposed to stand up next to the bathmat display during the festivities?

ETA: And what the heck are all those hanging rags? It looks like somebody started to make those little floaty ghosts for an outdoor Halloween tree but stopped when they realized that pink, green and gold are not Halloween colors. ... And I guess we now know what A's wedding colors will be?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

It seems a little odd to me that the younger girls aren't attending the shower. Do you suppose they are ALL busy with the Bates wedding or something?

Naw it's because Famy has learned the art of grifting and Boob doesn't like it since it takes away from him and his grifting.

IF the Duggar Studios did indeed film the whole mess errr I mean the precious, sweet, amazing, purposed event, will they be having a pay-per-view on it?

• Love 3

Wow that set-up is embarrassing, even for a low-rent Duggar affair. Between the cheesy backdrop, hanging kleenex, kool-aid punch, illegible A&D floral display, and the sign that looks like it was handwritten by a 5 year-old, I don't know which is worse. Scratch that, Jessa's scraggly too-long hair floating over the punch bowl is the worst.

These people aren't even on the air anymore and we STILL don't have enough hours in the day to cover all the snark!

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Scratch that, Jessa's scraggly too-long hair floating over the punch bowl is the worst.

I guess she took the group shot, so that's why she's not in it? Maybe she couldn't find the perfect angle to prevent looking fat.

Edit: Here's the article http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-celebrates-bridal-shower-with-fiance-dillon-king-photo-201598

THEY CLAIM 300 GUESTS. Please.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

I guess she took the group shot, so that's why she's not in it? Maybe she couldn't find the perfect angle to prevent looking fat.

Edit: Here's the article http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-celebrates-bridal-shower-with-fiance-dillon-king-photo-201598

Bwahahahhaaa Boob wants to be able to cry at Famy's wedding otherwise she would have just gone to the courthouse. Hmm me thinks Boob set her up so they can get some teeeveeeee exposure  (not happening).

• Love 3

So I'm guessing Dillards wants to offer this to customers as a side service but not to groups of 20 (including Howlers with video equipment) so they asked Amy to give the stupid magazine the low-end number for how many people she had imagined would attend?

Or else she just counted everybody in the mall that day as having attended.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Or else she just counted everybody in the mall that day as having attended.

That's not even enough for food for 50, let alone 300. Come by for a free swallow of punch and a single mint!

• Love 5

That's not even enough for food for 50, let alone 300. Come by for a free swallow of punch and a single mint!

Famy probably thought it was extra fancy since they had glass bowls! Maybe Dillard's went with a cheap Boob approved Fundie set up?

• Love 2

300 people in the department store at the time maybe.

“When I first met him, he insulted me. It was when ruffles were really in style and he’s like, ‘What the heck are you wearing?’ So we just started laughing that night and hanging out. I was like, ‘Well, if he’s going to be that honest I might as well keep him around,’” she told Us. “I had no intention of ever dating him. I never thought he was attractive. Never flirted with him. Never kissed him. Nothing! Until one night all of our friends went camping and I kind of looked at him different.”

Those are all really good indications about the relationship I'm sure.

Dillon's design work suggests Amy will learn to love Zubaz.

Amy is looking forward to walking down the aisle, and has even Facetimed cousin Jill Duggar for advice.

More like Facetimed Jill to point her towards the Dillard's registry website. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

“When I first met him, he negged me. It was when ruffles were really in style and he’s like, ‘What the heck are you wearing?’ So we just started laughing that night and hanging out. I was like, ‘Well, if he’s going to be that honest I might as well friend zone his ass,’” she told Us. “I had no intention of ever dating him. He could do nothing for my career. I never thought he was attractive. I thought he was gay. Never flirted with him. Never kissed him. Nothing! Until one night all of our friends went camping and I looked at the pee stick.”

• Love 10

I was going to take a quote from the article but as I read on....practically every thing in it is cringe-worthy.

So what I'm kind of left with is, Dillard's reached out to them!!! Really!

I used to like Dillard's.

Oh, and Dillon's opening line to get her interested in him? "What the heck are you wearing?" Nothing like a good insult to start a couple on the road to bliss.

ETA and what JoanArc posted. : )

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

I'm confused by the low attendance generally. Makes me think this has to be just one among multiple showers. But if that's the case, who was this shower supposed to include? Didn't seem to be a family-run shower or a church-run shower or a we're-friends-of-Amy-from-school-and-jobs shower. It kind of seemed to be an Amy-run shower. What did I miss? Who announces their own shower? Or was someone else actually in the forefront? Was this actually intended to be a leghumper-heavy event that fizzled? Or what? ...And were there any chairs at this shower or were you just supposed to stand up next to the bathmat display during the festivities?

ETA: And what the heck are all those hanging rags? It looks like somebody started to make those little floaty ghosts for an outdoor Halloween tree but stopped when they realized that pink, green and gold are not Halloween colors. ... And I guess we now know what A's wedding colors will be?

This is the "first of three(!)" bridal showers. A department store seems like a bad location for a bridal shower, people will attend, maybe buy the cheapest thing, and quickly drift off and look at shit they wanna buy for themselves.

I think the hanging rags are supposed to be pompoms or something. I like the elegance of the black vinyl exhibition banners too.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5

A COUSIN of the disgraced and cancelled Duggars still getting press?  For someone who's whining that she didn't get the TLC gravy train, she seems to be doing OK.  I know US magazine is not exactly the top of the line rag mag, the fact that she even got a story is pretty impressive.  It must have been a really slow news week.  Are Ben and Jennifer on vacation?

• Love 2

I assume the other two will be at Kohl's and Belk?

What is Dillards market position? In Australia we have two department store chains, total. David Jones is the 'upscale' one , and Myer is the 'middle of the market' one. Re: Dillards, Wikipedia says "Its main competitors are JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, and Bon-Ton, regional nameplate stores such as Belk, Younkers, and Von Maur, while its rivals in the upscale market include Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue."

The saddest thing about that Us Magazine article is "By Stephanie Webber and Megan French"

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

What is Dillards market position? In Australia we have two department store chains, total. David Jones is the 'upscale' one , and Myer is the 'middle of the market' one. Re: Dillards, Wikipedia says "Its main competitors are JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, and Bon-Ton, regional nameplate stores such as Belk, Younkers, and Von Maur, while its rivals in the upscale market include Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue."

The saddest thing about that Us Magazine article is "By Stephanie Webber and Megan French"

Well, in my perception the middle market is sort of bifurcated, and Dillards is sort of the high end of the middle market, along with Macy's and Belk (don't know about the other regional ones). Dillards and those are definitely pricier and more designer-oriented than places like Sears and Penneys.

And, yeah. The idea that that's a double-bylined "article." Amazing.

(Didn't you used to have Daimaru? I remember being in one of those in Melbourne once...)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

"I never thought about dating him...until one night I realized I was about to hit 30 with no education, money or job experience, still living at home with my parents, my singing career flopped, and all my friends had left me in the dust. I just had this feeling that Dillon was the perfect guy for me!"

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 20

Well, in my perception the middle market is sort of bifurcated, and Dillards is sort of the high end of the middle market, along with Macy's and Belk (don't know about the other regional ones). Dillards and those are definitely pricier and more designer-oriented than places like Sears and Penneys.

And, yeah. The idea that that's a double-bylined "article." Amazing.

(Didn't you used to have Daimaru? I remember being in one of those in Melbourne once...)

Daimaru opened two stores in the early 90s, but quit the Australian market by 2002
  • Love 1

I'm sure there are many exceptions, but I have to say that among my acquaintance, marriages that begin with this kind of statement seldom end well.

It's obvious he was just a friend for years, they were both drunk and/or horny at the same time, they hooked up, she got knocked up, and now they're settling. It was all the lord's plan.

• Love 11

It's obvious he was just a friend for years, they were both drunk and/or horny at the same time, they hooked up, she got knocked up, and now they're settling. It was all the lord's plan.

Yes...Baby Jesus would approve.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 5

That is keeping in line with what the Duggar's have served guests at the last 2 weddings.    Well, I might be over doing it, half a mint.

• Love 3

And no Duggar sisters, just Michelle and Grandma?

Sorry, having trouble quoting from my phone, but I think the Duggar girls were there as actual guests. Note that in Amy's team pic that there's a Dillard's employee on the far left. But she really needs to get over the premise that MEchelle did actual work. Not buying that for a nanosecond.

• Love 1

Bwahahahhaaa Boob wants to be able to cry at Famy's wedding otherwise she would have just gone to the courthouse. Hmm me thinks Boob set her up so they can get some teeeveeeee exposure  (not happening).

The article said her mom (Jim Bob's sister) wants to cry at her wedding. Not Jim Bob, himself.

• Love 1

“When I first met him, he negged me. It was when ruffles were really in style and he’s like, ‘What the heck are you wearing?’ So we just started laughing that night and hanging out. I was like, ‘Well, if he’s going to be that honest I might as well friend zone his ass,’” she told Us. “I had no intention of ever dating him. He could do nothing for my career. I never thought he was attractive. I thought he was gay. Never flirted with him. Never kissed him. Nothing! Until one night all of our friends went camping and I looked at the pee stick.”

I think she noticed that the weddings and babies were edging out the 'end of season' Amy episodes that no one really watches.
  • Love 2

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-duggar-celebrates-bridal-shower-with-fiance-dillon-king-photo-201598

Huh? Amy's picture-perfect ivory and white BCBG jumpsuit looks like an old-fashioned maternity top to me.

I vote food baby. She HAS been eating everything that's not nailed down of late. Peeps are gonna talk if she chose a form-fitting mermaid number rather than a ballgown.

eta: Here's the pants suit. Famy binge-posted food and clothes pics last night on IG. 

https://instagram.com/p/6JZvDAtkGy/?taken-by=amyduggar

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

The article said her mom (Jim Bob's sister) wants to cry at her wedding. Not Jim Bob, himself.

Oops I miss read it but in my mind I can see Boob saying that anything to take the attention off of Famy. lol

Why did MEchelle show up looking like she just rolled out of bed? Really can't you put some effort into picking something nice to wear?

• Love 1
Has it been confirmed that Amy is pregnant?[/quote

I don't know and if she was the news would have been broken already. Leaves me wondering if she visits Uncle Boob so she can steal pregnancy tests from Aunt MEchelle.

• Love 1

No, she's not pregnant. She claims that she and Dillon are waiting to consummate their relationship, although I'm pretty sure they did that before the engagement. I think they are tying to put that genie back in the bottle. She went on to say that she'd made "mistakes" in the past, but wanted to get this right. LMAO! Way to Duggar Brand your lurid past! She was just missing the part about giving away pieces of her heart. 

I wish I could remember where I saw this, but it was right after the engagement was announced. Hilarious stuff. The one good thing that came out of the piece was that she said that she wants to hold off having kids. HA! 

• Love 6

No, she's not pregnant. She claims that she and Dillon are waiting to consummate their relationship, although I'm pretty sure they did that before the engagement. I think they are tying to put that genie back in the bottle. She went on to say that she'd made "mistakes" in the past, but wanted to get this right. LMAO! Way to Duggar Brand your lurid past! She was just missing the part about giving away pieces of her heart.

I wish I could remember where I saw this, but it was right after the engagement was announced. Hilarious stuff. The one good thing that came out of the piece was that she said that she wants to hold off having kids. HA!

So they were doing it before the engagement, but not during it?

I think Amy will be able to manage her own birth control, especially once she's had her own unplanned Amy (paternity undetermined).

• Love 1

I noticed that the dress Amy is wearing in the photo with the ladies at the shower is different from what she's wearing in the US magazine article in the photo with KDP (so not actually taken at the shower?) and neither are the white Bababooie pantsuit that was referenced.

eta: I take it back - in the group photo and the famy-KDP pic, she is wearing the same dress. But it's not a white pantsuit, like the magazine article says (so what, who cares??)

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 1