Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Famy's engagement pics (the first two blog posts...may be three by later in the day); they also did pics of a mud fight. I didn't realize one brought five changes of clothes and moved to five different venues to capture the feeling of engagement. Then again, I'm nowhere nearly as self-indulgent as Our Famy.

http://www.thebenfieldblog.com/

cotwl.jpg

They got her to stop with the super enthusiastic bubbly toothy smile, and I can hardly recognize her!

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

we criticised Jessa and Jill's registries for being too downmarket, were criticising Amy's for being too upmarket. Maybe one day the Duggars will have a registry that's juuust riiight.

Downmarket I buy - Ben and Derick would be happy with potato chips and cereal, but upmarket? The Duggars don't do upmarket well, buy used and all that. Unless you factor in all the luxury items they have, but aren't dwelt on by the cameras.

• Love 2

Famy's engagement pics (the first two blog posts...may be three by later in the day); they also did pics of a mud fight. I didn't realize one brought five changes of clothes and moved to five different venues to capture the feeling of engagement. Then again, I'm nowhere nearly as self-indulgent as Our Famy.

http://www.thebenfieldblog.com/

WTF are they going to do with all those pictures? And this is just the engagement.

• Love 4

I don't think it's tacky to have a registry, but I do think it's incredibly tacky to solicit gifts from people who aren't even invited to the wedding. Bribing people with handwritten thank-you notes really just put the cherry on the sundae.

• Love 14

The fiancee is not cute, and looks like he's going to get real big.

Hey, he's alive, breathing and presumably straight. He also hasn't headed for the hills like all of Amy's other boyfriends. It doesn't matter if he's a donut away from looking like Josh, Amy will officially be a member of the "I's married now" club and can go on double dates with Jessa and make fun of Spinster Jana behind her back.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

Hey, he's alive, breathing and presumably straight. He also hasn't headed for the hills like all of Amy's other boyfriends. It doesn't matter if he's a donut away from looking like Josh, Amy will officially be a member of the "I's married now" club and can go on double dates with Jessa and make fun of Spinster Jana behind her back.

Does he have a wallet? That's all Amy cares about.
  • Love 5

Really Famy? I know this is where she registered, but how many people do you know who have stores throwing them wedding showers? #giftgrab2015 DESPITE what she claims in this post. 

https://instagram.com/p/6GefGjtkOr/?taken-by=amyduggar

Am I the only one who doesn't even understand what it means for a department store to "host" a shower?  Is this a thing now? And, if so, for how long? It may be the griftiest thing I've ever heard of.

• Love 14

Am I the only one who doesn't even understand what it means for a department store to "host" a shower? Is this a thing now? And, if so, for how long? It may be the griftiest thing I've ever heard of.

Somehow Amy convinced Dillards she has enough leghumpers who will come to the store and buy a whole bunch of crap. She tried to be slick and say she's not looking for money or gifts, but seriously, who shows up to a wedding shower empty handed? Her level of grifting is surpassing Jill and Jessa's; a feat I didn't think was possible.

• Love 13

I know. This is un-freaking-believable. I've NEVER heard of a store hosting a shower either, but BitterApple nailed it. I hope all her  local 14 year-old leghumpers (I'm sure there's a lot of crossover between her leghumpers and Jessa's) show up without Mommy and without presents. LMAO! 

• Love 8

Somehow Amy convinced Dillards she has enough leghumpers who will come to the store and buy a whole bunch of crap. She tried to be slick and say she's not looking for money or gifts, but seriously, who shows up to a wedding shower empty handed? Her level of grifting is surpassing Jill and Jessa's; a feat I didn't think was possible.

No kidding. I hope nobody shows up. Unbelievable. I suppose they'll decorate the place with the 500 engagement photos.

• Love 1

I noticed that in the last pic I saw of Josh holding the new baby, Anna crawling up his side (because someone might steal him, you know), that newborn baby had on a matching tshirt under her top. Starting her out early!

That's so Meredith doesn't defraud Josh! Anna is on her game!

Hi, lone time lurker and finally escaped from the Prayer Closet! I should live there in regards to these people! Happy to be here!

• Love 9

I am stunned.  Amy is not considered a major celebrity, is she?  I can see one of the Kardashians needing 26 hand towels and/or a $140 trash can because they seem to know a lot of people and spend an inordinate amount of time entertaining, but Amy and intended?  I'm further stunned by the comments following the Instagram posting about the Dillard's (or Dilliard's as Amy posts) shower.  So many of them are all over it, even though Amy and intended insist they don't want gifts (but hey, Dillard's IS having a sale)  Incredible.    

• Love 3

I just realized that I actually have MORE responsibilities than Michelle, even with her giant barn of a house and umpteen kids and grandkids, and I'm childless ! Forget about her not doing ANY housework, she does nothing at all that isn't Pretty Precious Princess Me-Me-Me centered. She's the Anti-Mother. 

How many lattes can you drink on your treadmill while your own flesh and blood look like they're auditioning for Annie ? 

It's a hard knock life, indeed.

So true! I have more responsibilities than Michelle and I have ONE child (& two small dogs who think they are also our children).

• Love 2

A donut away.....BAHAAAA

• Love 2

Are "tacky" and "greedy" colors? How about "transparent"?

Tacky and Greedy are now the official colors !      "Money(that's what I want) by Berry Gordy is the official wedding song.

Reception held in McDonald's parking lot, guests allowed one dollar menu item, no drink.

• Love 2

Really Famy? I know this is where she registered, but how many people do you know who have stores throwing them wedding showers? #giftgrab2015 DESPITE what she claims in this post. 

https://instagram.com/p/6GefGjtkOr/?taken-by=amyduggar

Wow. So is this a wedding shower hosted at the store so invited guests can buy stuff there, or is it a meet and greet where fans can come and buy them things?

Either way, TACKY. But it's a Duggar, so I bet Jill and jessa are angry they didn't think of it first, but there are always a bunch of baby showers!

I always got the feeling Amy was one of those girls who got 'engaged' everytime she wanted to justify pre-marital sex, and that's probably why she has had so many alleged engagements but never a marriage. I also think she was holding out for some sort of TLC special, but looks like that won't happen, so she might as well snag whoever is around. That music career went no where, there's no more TLC and she's pushing 30 with no post high school education, no real work ethic, etc. Better try to make a career of being a Wife.

• Love 4

Good grief. Don't her nails even have a design on them? I suppose she has as much right to that kind of thing as anybody else, but whenever I see nails like that on somebody who presumably should have a lot of work to do around a house -- tending to kids, playing with kids, lugging groceries, gardening, cooking, cleaning, hauling kids and their stuff hither and yon in the car -- I never can figure out how she has the time to get her nails done that way and how the nails stay done. I must just be extraordinarily messy and slow, but I don't think I could fit that kind of manicure into my schedule, and I know that I couldn't keep a fancy manicure pristine for more than about 20 minutes without spilling poster paint or glue or bleach on it or chipping a nail off with a hedge clipper or something. To me, that's such a sign that she doesn't live anything like the life you'd expect of the mother of a large brood.

I am soooooo not going to defend MEchelle as a parent, homemaker, or anything else, but I think those look like nail wraps, not a regular nail polish manicure. They're relatively inexpensive, quick to apply, and they last really well...I have painted, scrubbed the tub, done dishes, etc., and had mine last for a week before looking bad.

• Love 1

I am soooooo not going to defend MEchelle as a parent, homemaker, or anything else, but I think those look like nail wraps, not a regular nail polish manicure. They're relatively inexpensive, quick to apply, and they last really well...I have painted, scrubbed the tub, done dishes, etc., and had mine last for a week before looking bad.

Yep. You're probably right! On the other hand, if somebody has 19 homeschooled kids with uncombed hair, years-long learning gaps and a diet consisting of tater tots and instant oatmeal, it still strikes me as perhaps a misplaced priority!

• Love 5

Yep. You're probably right! On the other hand, if somebody has 19 homeschooled kids with uncombed hair, years-long learning gaps and a diet consisting of tater tots and instant oatmeal, it still strikes me as perhaps a misplaced priority!

I don't disagree with you there! But MEchelle wants what she wants. (And to my great sadness, I gave birth to a child very much like that.)

Dear Amy and KingDillPickle,

I'm so sorry I can't travel to Arkansas to connect with you at your wedding shower in the Home department of Dillard's. I'm very glad that you aren't asking for gifts or $ because that would be tacky since I'm not invited to the wedding. However, I would love to chill and hangout with a bunch of strangers at the store and get cake and food regardless. Will you send me a handwritten card anyway?

Love,

B&J

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 7

I don't disagree with you there! But MEchelle wants what she wants. (And to my great sadness, I gave birth to a child very much like that.)

Oh, dear. Well, it takes all kinds to make a world, as they say. Sometimes "wanting what you want" is a very valuable trait for all of us, if its owner wants the right thing. So you never know.

She's bubbly as long as there's money concerned. She was certainly pissed off and vented her anger when she found out that she wasn't getting a freebie TLC wedding. 

Shower had a 3-tier cake. REALLY????

• Love 5

Oh live it up Amy.  I'd be pissed to provide a ton of food refreshment for a cheap family that only gives 1 present.  Hope the Duggers don't show up to "help" at the Bates girl's wedding.  Totally hindrance, not help.  I'd lose my mind at that many people coming while I was trying to get ready for bed, let alone a wedding.  Since the store was throwing this gig, I hope more people than that actually attended.  And I hope people had sense enough not to bring the rug rats since the store might want to protect their merchandise from destruction.  They'll probably have a good redneck life, not my cup of tea, but there are a lot of happy rednecks.  Though her's looks self-destructive so he may not be around long, unfortunately.

• Love 6

Sometimes I'd like to be half as bubbly as Amy.  As you get older your bubbles usually burst.

In her case, "bubble" may just be another word for "airhead."

99m51l.jpg

Nicer than the average Duggar wedding cake.

978uok.jpg

I guess only people with credit cards were invited.

I'm sorry, but Amy's phony-baloney ain't-I-the-adorablest smile in that photo makes me want to kick her teeth in. ..... And actually, I'm not sorry. : )

Do they not have enough bathrooms at Dillard's? Shoulda waited to take the photo until the ladies room line cleared.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

The cake is probably cardboard underneath.

"Duggar Studios" was there filming, but fanned out to different dept's.  Some were found in women's lingerie, while one was found humping a male mannequin from behind.

A younger boy was directed to the shoe dept. after shouting NIKE NIKE !  over and over again, then passing out by the nine inch heels.

• Love 15