Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I don't think Jessa really gave a shit.

With the show over, and with Michelle's reproductive organs having given up the ghost, I think Michelle's gonna fixate on Josie and smother her with attention, which frees up Jana to give Jordyn some decent attention.

Yes and yes! The only thing Jessa has ever cared about is Jessa. Jordyn has ALWAYS been The Forgotten One. She didn't even get a decent shot at toddlerhood before Precious Miracle Josie stole her thunder. 

And poor Jenni. She's the most miserable birthday girl I've ever seen. Usually, a trip to Chuck E Cheese rates more than than the barest glimmer of a smile with 8 year olds. Then again, most kids get to go with their friends. She gets to go with her siblings. Where are HER friends??? 

As for Hannie, looks like they've broken her. I wish I could take all three of these girls and show them what a normal childhood looks like. 

• Love 7

I don't think Jessa really gave a shit.

With the show over, and with Michelle's reproductive organs having given up the ghost, I think Michelle's gonna fixate on Josie and smother her with attention, which frees up Jana to give Jordyn some decent attention.

I dunno, Jordyn didn't look this out of place before her mother got married to Ben. Its actually pretty sad.

• Love 6

As for Hannie, looks like they've broken her. I wish I could take all three of these girls and show them what a normal childhood looks like.

From what we saw in the 'Smuggars in California/M4 jinder reveal' episode, it would seem her J'slave training has definitely begun. She's the one who picked M3 when he face planted.

• Love 2

She was also a champ at diapering the baby dolls (wasn't that with Sierra?) in one of the lead up episodes to Jessa's wedding. Jenni and Jordyn weren't having any of that! Josie? She might have licked her baby doll. LOL

• Love 3

And poor Jenni. She's the most miserable birthday girl I've ever seen. Usually, a trip to Chuck E Cheese rates more than than the barest glimmer of a smile with 8 year olds. Then again, most kids get to go with their friends. She gets to go with her siblings. Where are HER friends??? 

Speaking as an ex-child-not-permitted-to-have-friends, it's a horrible thing to do to a person. Warps you for life. Even worse when it's done by parents who, as kids, had friends. Michelle should be very ashamed of herself. Also horrible is the fact that this never crosses her mind.

• Love 8

I imagine that IF Mechelle contemplates the kids having outside friends, reminds herself that her older kids were each others' best friends, and they all turned out okay (in her mind). We've seen that change (aside from modernizing their wardrobes a bit) is glacial to non-existent with these people. 

• Love 1

I know Gothard insists on families not really socializing with anyone else, but seriously - I wonder if JimBob and Michelle isolate their kids to keep them from 'the world' contaminating them, if they're just too lazy, selfcentered and overwhelmed to bother with picking up and dropping off kids, OR if they were terrified that the Josh situation would be revealed to the world. Now that that cat is out of the bag, I think the Sister Momas are busy courting or gone, and Michelle doesn't give a care about anyone but herself.

• Love 3

I know Gothard insists on families not really socializing with anyone else, but seriously - I wonder if JimBob and Michelle isolate their kids to keep them from 'the world' contaminating them, if they're just too lazy, selfcentered and overwhelmed to bother with picking up and dropping off kids, OR if they were terrified that the Josh situation would be revealed to the world. Now that that cat is out of the bag, I think the Sister Momas are busy courting or gone, and Michelle doesn't give a care about anyone but herself.

My guess would be all of the above.

Having the kids friendless fits in perfectly with all of JB and M's various needs and agendas. And since neither cares about anything but themselves, nothing beyond that fact ever penetrates, I expect.

• Love 6

They still insist on putting Jennifer in pink at her own damn birthday party. Don't these people watch their own show? She hates pink and purple is her favorite color. Even a peripheral watcher like me could tell you that.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 12

Once she's grown up, Jenny will make Jessa look like Jill. It's nice to see her (sort of) smiling at her party16gn04p.jpg

Usually she's so serious looking. 29g1wrq.jpg

I like Jackson's irrepressible nature.

How old will Jackson have to be to outgrow the little girl's group?

Too bad we can't be the sister moms to the Lost girls now that most of theirs have flown the TTC coop or could care less (talking to you Jessa).

Do some of those shirts seem small to anyone else? I'm looking mainly at Jordyn's. Poor Hannie, looks like she is wearing adult sized shoes. Can't imagine her trying to walk around the animal farm/safari in those.

• Love 4

I think that Jackson only has one or two years left with the girl, he's 11 now. I like that he's been able to be part of some group in the family. Justin and James don't seem to like him that much.  Johannah is the only one he has an equal sibling-friend relationship with. Jackson does seem babyish for his age, but he'll mature at his own pace. 

Hopefully, Jackson and Johannah can keep their alliance and they don't break them apart like it seems they did Josiah/Joyanna.  Jinger and Joseph have a bond too that we saw on the show a few times - I was surprised how close they actually are. I only noticed it when Joseph went to ALERT and she called him handsome. 

• Love 2

I don't know who any of these kids are by name except Princess Josie. I'm assuming the one girl in pink with her hair pulled tightly back is Jenny?? She is a beautiful little girl, no doubt. I wish upon a star that we see a pic of Jenny one day with a nose piercing. I don't want to see her rebel to the point of some of my friends kids on FB - not to a point of walking, talking drug using, street walking rebellion - just a subtle "yeah, this sucks; I'm going to a real college!" rebellion. I would pay to see that.

• Love 7

Those poor kids - I can't imagine what warped ideas they must have of what real mommies and daddies do. Sure, they have lots of parties and visitors, go on many globe-trotting trips that would make anyone envious, but do they get hugged if not on camera ? Tucked in at night with a kiss ? Spend any on-on-one time with either/both parent(s) ?

I just realized that I actually have MORE responsibilities than Michelle, even with her giant barn of a house and umpteen kids and grandkids, and I'm childless ! Forget about her not doing ANY housework, she does nothing at all that isn't Pretty Precious Princess Me-Me-Me centered. She's the Anti-Mother. 

How many lattes can you drink on your treadmill while your own flesh and blood look like they're auditioning for Annie ? 

It's a hard knock life, indeed.

• Love 13

Once she's grown up, Jenny will make Jessa look like Jill. It's nice to see her (sort of) smiling at her party

Good observation! I'm sure the 'original four' are going to be very, very jealous when they're in their 30's, with dumpy zillion-pregnnacy bodies, and their much younger siblings are young, attractive, and getting all the attention. And we call Jessa a bitch now, just wait!

• Love 6

I think Jessa has a lot of Mechelle in her and it won't be long when her future kids are raising each other and she's sitting around like the queen.

I hope she starts off with six boys in a row.

ETA: I meant this when I wrote it. But then I realized that soon after boy two is when she'd start paying attention to Jordyn again.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Those poor kids - I can't imagine what warped ideas they must have of what real mommies and daddies do. Sure, they have lots of parties and visitors, go on many globe-trotting trips that would make anyone envious, but do they get hugged if not on camera ? Tucked in at night with a kiss ? Spend any on-on-one time with either/both parent(s) ?

I just realized that I actually have MORE responsibilities than Michelle, even with her giant barn of a house and umpteen kids and grandkids, and I'm childless ! Forget about her not doing ANY housework, she does nothing at all that isn't Pretty Precious Princess Me-Me-Me centered. She's the Anti-Mother.

How many lattes can you drink on your treadmill while your own flesh and blood look like they're auditioning for Annie ?

It's a hard knock life, indeed.

I actually think she had her elliptical machine set up in a location so she didn't have to look at her urchins.
  • Love 3

I'm thinking the boy in the reading picture isn't allowed to have Josie on his lap since the incident with Josh taught JB & MAD that it could defraud him.  So Jordyn has to hold her and that's just Jordyn's life.

• Love 11

On an episode Michelle was doing Josie's hair. She rubbed stuff that came out of a pink baby lotion bottle. It seemed

Like she was greasing it up with the stuff. Then JB says sort of absentmindedly "you're beautiful Josie......just like your mama".

• Love 1

I hope she starts off with six boys in a row.

ETA: I meant this when I wrote it. But then I realized that soon after boy two is when she'd start paying attention to Jordyn again.

Haha, yeah Jordyn might be the right fit as per her LinkedIn. Jill has an entire community to care for her kids. Jessa gets whichever lost girls Anna doesn't need. Happy Birthday girls! Yeesh.

I think Jordyn's hair looks more unkempt in that photo than Josie's.  Josie has kind of wavy curly hair, it doesn't lay flat. Jordan though just looks like she has fly-aways.

However, that doesn't mean it didn't look fine in the morning and she has since played her hairstyle away.  So I don't really judge them for home photos. But when they are out at speaking engagements and look raggy and unwashed, that's when I judge Michelle for not taking care of her children.

I think Jordyn's hair looks more unkempt in that photo than Josie's. Josie has kind of wavy curly hair, it doesn't lay flat. Jordan though just looks like she has fly-aways.

However, that doesn't mean it didn't look fine in the morning and she has since played her hairstyle away. So I don't really judge them for home photos. But when they are out at speaking engagements and look raggy and unwashed, that's when I judge Michelle for not taking care of her children.

By the time Johannah and Jenny were Jordyn's current age, their hair had been sorted out, and it was being grown long. The lack of parental effort and attention really shows in Jordyn's appearance.
  • Love 1

I'm thinking the boy in the reading picture isn't allowed to have Josie on his lap since the incident with Josh taught JB & MAD that it could defraud him.  So Jordyn has to hold her and that's just Jordyn's life.

And the Duggars being the Duggars, it would never occur to anybody that maybe he could just sit between them.

On an episode Michelle was doing Josie's hair. She rubbed stuff that came out of a pink baby lotion bottle. It seemed

Like she was greasing it up with the stuff. Then JB says sort of absentmindedly "you're beautiful Josie......just like your mama".

Looks to me as if someone might have done that in this picture. Tried -- although maybe didn't try very hard -- to sculpt some curly do with product of some kind.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Only Princess Joe-Z has the honor of having her hair styled by her real mother. Here's Michelle in the process of crispening Miracle's hair, and causing some traction alopecia:

r8s9kl.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

Jenny and Jordyn have always looked miserable. Jordyn hasn't smiled since she was an infant.  I wonder what her life would be like if Dolly Parton had taken her.  J'Chelle needs to wake the heck up, and see how her lack of parenting is affecting her children. Even though it's too late for all of them.

• Love 1

Josie's hair is that weird in-between length where you can't really do anything with it. It's too short to braid or put in a pony. If they blow-dry it straight it will just frizz back up in the humidity, however the texture is so fine that if they overdo the gel it looks limp and greasy.

• Love 3

Well one thing is for sure MEchelle always takes care of MEchelle, her nails are nicely painted for the I am doing Josie's hair pic.  Josie doesn't look happy about it.  Anyway, out of all of the lost girls I feel sorry for Jordyn the most.  

That was when Josie said - and which one is she?  

• Love 5

From the photo of Michelle fixing Josie's hair with her "blinged out" nail polish and manicure, can tell you that she does nothing around that house. When I had my kids at home, and I was the "chief cook and bottle washer" there, I couldn't keep my nail polish on until the end of the day...my hands were either scrubbing something, someone, or were in sink water...she's a lazy, entitled little girl of a woman who has been pampered since HER laundry room episode years and years ago....she has bilked it for all it's worth. This woman has admitted to shoplifting as a teen, so there you have it...already a dishonest heart in her...I think those two aren't worth very much in the integrity department. They are frauds, IMO, and I'd like to lump Grandma Duggar in with them too...She's the first grifter in the bunch.

Oh, sorry, that should have gone in the Michelle and Jim Bob thread....I thought I was on that one...My apologies.

• Love 6

If this is real, Famy's getting married on 9/6, and she's planning on drinking booze out of designer decanters and glasses. #giftgrab2015

If it's fake, someone went to a LOT of trouble!

http://www.dillards.com/registry/ItemList.do?registryNum=128965431&cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-p2ClxyRrqWQ-_-null-_-null&linkshare=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.registryfinder.com%2Faffiliate

As of just now, $270 of the $11,000 registry has been purchased. Do you think if I purchased a $4 napkin (the proper word is serviette), she'd write a thank you note and pay the $1.20 to mail it to Australia?

• Love 8

Well one thing is for sure MEchelle always takes care of MEchelle, her nails are nicely painted for the I am doing Josie's hair pic.

Good grief. Don't her nails even have a design on them? I suppose she has as much right to that kind of thing as anybody else, but whenever I see nails like that on somebody who presumably should have a lot of work to do around a house -- tending to kids, playing with kids, lugging groceries, gardening, cooking, cleaning, hauling kids and their stuff hither and yon in the car -- I never can figure out how she has the time to get her nails done that way and how the nails stay done. I must just be extraordinarily messy and slow, but I don't think I could fit that kind of manicure into my schedule, and I know that I couldn't keep a fancy manicure pristine for more than about 20 minutes without spilling poster paint or glue or bleach on it or chipping a nail off with a hedge clipper or something. To me, that's such a sign that she doesn't live anything like the life you'd expect of the mother of a large brood.

• Love 7

I noticed Michelle's fancy polish, too. That hair doesn't scrunch itself and that bronzer and blush combo doesn't trowel itself on, either. Priorities, priorities. It's more important to gussy up that countenance and keep your husband occupied than to make sure your children are clean.

• Love 7

As of just now, $270 of the $11,000 registry has been purchased. Do you think if I purchased a $4 napkin (the proper word is serviette), she'd write a thank you note and pay the $1.20 to mail it to Australia?

They just posted a bunch of pictures yesterday with the pricing gun. They still think that their wedding date and registry are being kept secret. I posted in a picture of them in his car not wearing seatbelts that it would suck if they didn't make it to Labor Day a married couple. I never went back to see whether any of the leghumpers figured that one out. I hope someone got it; they can't ALL be that obtuse! LOL

• Love 2

I'm surprised they allowed Jenny out in that dress without a T or tank under it. It is so lightweight with big arm holes. So much for modesty.

I noticed that in the last pic I saw of Josh holding the new baby, Anna crawling up his side (because someone might steal him, you know), that newborn baby had on a matching tshirt under her top. Starting her out early!
  • Love 4

They just posted a bunch of pictures yesterday with the pricing gun. They still think that their wedding date and registry are being kept secret. I posted in a picture of them in his car not wearing seatbelts that it would suck if they didn't make it to Labor Day a married couple. I never went back to see whether any of the leghumpers figured that one out. I hope someone got it; they can't ALL be that obtuse! LOL

She seems to usually wear a seatbelt, just not when she's with him. Not a great sign.
  • Love 4

I feel really sorry for the Duggar kids who are literally told that they must report every 'impure' thought to their parents.  That's abusively intrusive and extremely sexually inappropriate for a parent to expect their teenager to report their sexual fantasies to them.  I'm sure they try not to have those thoughts just on that basis, but then to be told they have to share it - report it, it's just inappropriate and really borders on sexual abuse in my opinion.

• Love 16

She seems to usually wear a seatbelt, just not when she's with him. Not a great sign.

He was already in a major accident earlier this year (claims he was wearing a seatbelt then...I'm dubious). At any rate, you'd think they would have learned their lesson, given that he was laid up for quite a while and she was at the hospital a lot. Geez. 

• Love 2

Defrauder I can't imagine telling your parents these things, and obviously Josh didn't report everything, every time it happened.  I don't know why a kid would do that.  Seems you wouldn't tell them much, maybe make up some little thing and let it go.  I will tell you that if I were courting, dating whatever a Duggar boy I'd be horrified if anything about me came out in these confessions.  Hell no, I would go.  His parents might think they need to know about their son, which is abusive and ghoolish, but they damned sure wouldn't get the chance to know about me.  I'd be so far down the road I'd beat the roadrunner by a mile.

• Love 11

Famy's engagement pics (the first two blog posts...may be three by later in the day); they also did pics of a mud fight. I didn't realize one brought five changes of clothes and moved to five different venues to capture the feeling of engagement. Then again, I'm nowhere nearly as self-indulgent as Our Famy.

http://www.thebenfieldblog.com/

• Love 3

Famy's engagement pics (the first two blog posts...may be three by later in the day); they also did pics of a mud fight. I didn't realize one brought five changes of clothes and moved to five different venues to capture the feeling of engagement. Then again, I'm nowhere nearly as self-indulgent as Our Famy.

http://www.thebenfieldblog.com/

we criticised Jessa and Jill's registries for being too downmarket, were criticising Amy's for being too upmarket. Maybe one day the Duggars will have a registry that's juuust riiight. Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1