Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Awwww, poor Amy doesn't deserve all this.

And yes, it's possible to be a carrier for herpes and not know it. This whole article seems pretty nasty towards people who did little else than have a familial relationship with some reality TV fame "stars" and let their own daughter enjoy a few (but pretty limited) perks that came with that.

• Love 7

Wow, these sites are really starting to cross the line. As far as I know, Terry, Deanna and Amy had nothing to do with the molestation cover-up nor did any of the incidents happen on their watch or under their roof. They don't deserve to have their personal business put on blast just because Josh effed up.

• Love 8
(edited)
I don't think he did. Defendant claims he had never been diagnosed with Herpes, and although the details of the urology exam were redacted (to us), defendant states the examination showed no evidence he has herpes (or had it).

Plaintiff ultimately failed to answer the defendants interrogatories, didn't show up to court, and defendant was awarded costs.

I'm a bit suspicious of this document. Why aren't the defendant's interrogatories shown, and why is the plaintiff's name redacted?

Edited by Kokapetl

Wow, these sites are really starting to cross the line. As far as I know, Terry, Deanna and Amy had nothing to do with the molestation cover-up nor did any of the incidents happen on their watch or under their roof. They don't deserve to have their personal business put on blast just because Josh effed up.

I wonder if these stories are going to cause a rift between Amy and the rest of the Duggars. I could see her being resentful of Josh et al for causing this mudslinging in the media. It's caused greater scrutiny on her which isn't fair.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wish the media would keep focus on who really matters in this scandal. It seems Intouch is doing pretty well at that, but Radar publishes all the trashy stuff.

Getting herpes is unpleasant, but I'm kind of surprised you can attempt to sue for $1M. Kind of hard to truly prove, unless the victim was a virgin (and that's hard to prove, too).

EDIT: This whole thing has likely cost Amy her own show, which isn't fair. I'd rather have seen it fail all on it's own.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4

I wish the media would keep focus on who really matters in this scandal. It seems Intouch is doing pretty well at that, but Radar publishes all the trashy stuff.

Getting herpes is unpleasant, but I'm kind of surprised you can attempt to sue for $1M. Kind of hard to truly prove, unless the victim was a virgin (and that's hard to prove, too).

EDIT: This whole thing has likely cost Amy her own show, which isn't fair. I'd rather have seen it fail all on it's own.

I am not a lawyer, but allegations or imputations "of loathsome disease" are considered defamatory per se, innately damaging, so if Terry Jordan does not have Herpes, he may have a case against Radar Online.

• Love 1

I am not a lawyer, but allegations or imputations "of loathsome disease" are considered defamatory per se, innately damaging, so if Terry Jordan does not have Herpes, he may have a case against Radar Online.

Wow.  I know Amy went to Nashville and thought the Duggar name was helping her, but after the past few months, one has to wonder if she will get a new stage name.  IMO, that won't help her.  She's not that talented.  But I did like Amy.  

Deanna and Terry must be hating the fact that they are relatives of the famed family.  

At this point, I would be changing my name and moving far away.  Thanks Josh.

I don't know where to put this or if it's even been mentioned, so I am putting it here. AR put vehicles search on the internet and it looks like Amy's last name is Duggar. Deanna seems to go by Duggar-Jordan. It's the same website people have used to search for the various Duggar real estate properties.

I wish the media would keep focus on who really matters in this scandal.

Me too. The biggest crime Amy ever committed was being annoying. Leave her and her family out of this.

• Love 3
(edited)
Me too. The biggest crime Amy ever committed was being annoying. Leave her and her family out of this.

Amy's singing could be considered a crime.

I agree.  Leave her and her family out of this.

ETA: congrats to Amy.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 1

Bless the lord, heathen cousin Amy has purposed to be wed.

I hope she takes some of the Duggar girls out on a wild bachelorette party to a wing place that actually sells beer, but that seems unlikely. Very very unlikely.

• Love 3
(edited)

https://instagram.com/p/5GWhqKAbDp/

Looks like real champagne (too dark of a bottle to be Martinelli's)! I hope her cousins didn't see this. LOL As for Amy, good for her. Let's say a year until the wedding, another for her to pop out the first blessing; that puts her at 31! Though frankly, I don't see her having more than two, even though she will certainly quit any pretense of working that she has maintained all these years. 

eta: Amy was proposed to in the following dress, which means she's kept a secret for a day or two. She just tweeted a pic of the actual proposal, but I don't know how to upload pics here and don't want to copy my twitter. 

https://instagram.com/p/5GX-WANWYz/

The other girl is her BFF, Julie. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

When I looked at her engagement picture on instagram I looked at some of her other pics and was happy to see a few of James and she talked about Jill and Joy.  Maybe Jill's buddies can find a pal in Amy and her boyfriend.

(edited)
she will certainly quit any pretense of working that she has maintained all these years. 

I'm curious about this. How, exactly, has Amy been eating, and keeping a roof over her head, and so on through the past umpty-ump years? I understand that the Duggar horde get their food trays and a dorm bed as benefits of their imprisonment, but how could an adult niece who doesn't actually live inside the institution sustain herself for a decade on (apparently?) occasional babysitting jobs? Not to mention pay for vain attempts to launch a singing career? Surely she must have had some more substantial jobs than I've heard about? Are her parents secretly well off or something?

Edited by Churchhoney

I'm curious about this. How, exactly, has Amy been eating, and keeping a roof over her head, and so on through the past umpty-ump years? I understand that the Duggar horde get their food trays and a dorm bed as benefits of their imprisonment, but how could an adult niece who doesn't actually live inside the institution sustain herself for a decade on (apparently?) occasional babysitting jobs? Not to mention pay for vain attempts to launch a singing career? Surely she must have had some more substantial jobs than I've heard about? Are her parents secretly well off or something?

She apparently has worked as a full time nanny for over 30 families. She also played the 'Zany Relative' on '19 Kids'.
  • Love 1

I take her at her word that she's a full time nanny. Her filming/travel would have been very small segments of time. (I've been a nanny - you get vacation, sometimes paid, depending on the arrangement.) Even the whole "Duggar on her own" bit probably paid for itself if you are used to living on a nanny's salary.

• Love 1

I never noticed the shades on the front door or windows before. I wonder if those have been put up since the scandal.

Scott Enlowe definitely had them installed on the dormer windows for filming purposes, probably installed them on the other doors and windows on that side of the house if they weren't already. The sunlight was ruining his shots or camera/lighting setups or something.
  • Love 1
(edited)

In order of age it is Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie. My guess is Johannah in purple, Jennifer in green and Jordyn in turquoise. And we all know who Josie is.

Edited by GeeGolly

Jenni never looks happy.

She seriously is the second coming of Jessa. A bit more withdrawn, non-conformist, hates pink, and is the prettiest of the younger girls. Hopefully by the time she's ready she will have a much better selection than mushmouth ignoramus Bin.

Hannie's feet are nearly always covered in dirt.

Well, let's hope it's from playing outside, and not from walking barefoot on the Duggar floors! At least if they're dirty from her playing outside then we know that she's still somewhat enjoying being a child, and not a servant. 

• Love 1

Ok, the Pickles page on Facebook says the other kids are members of the Hovind family, whoever they are.

The grandfather of the stranger kids, Kent Hovind, just got of prison after serving 10 years for tax related stuff. There is a picture on the Internet of JB in the car with Kent on the day of his release.

• Love 2

Ok, the Pickles page on Facebook says the other kids are members of the Hovind family, whoever they are.

They're the grandchildren of one of Jim Bob's favorite tax felons, Kent Hovind. Children of Eric Hovind.

Hannie's feet are nearly always covered in dirt.

I kind of like that about Hannie. But it's because I imagine that it's because she's likes to play outdoors, run around and dig in the dirt. Hope that's the source and not just, you know, dirty floors and no baths.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm confused (nothing unusual).  I wasn't familiar with this Kent Hovind so I googled him.  He just got out of prison (after serving nine years), but his son wrote a blog, saying that his dad had been acquitted of all four charges, and made the following statement: 

"During Dr. Hovind’s first month of release, he will be on Home Confinement and therefore, is not able to accept speaking engagements. Following this period, he will begin his five-year probation status and will only be able to travel outside the Northern District of Florida via court order."

If he was acquitted, why would he be serving a five-year probation period following his release?  And nine years in prison followed by an acquittal?  Someone please explain this nonsense to me because I'm lost!

eta: O.K., I just read some more and found that there were two separate court cases.  The first resulted in his incarceration, and the second, having to do with being found guilty of four charges including contempt, ended with him being acquitted of those charges.

Edited by parisprincess

He's basically an old fashioned con man that was caught by the IRS because he couldn't explain cash payments into personal accounts. Mostly he was making money through a Creationist theme park and not declaring the income and claiming he had 501c non profit status when he didn't. (Hope Derick is paying attention.)

But he WAS acquitted for a contempt of court charge. So I guess all those other charges were nothing too...

• Love 2

Boy, those Duggars hang out with a bunch of felons, cons, a drugged out doctor and devoted their lives to some guy with a penchant for underage girls feet.

Oops, I forgot the cop who counseled Josh for molesting who is a pedophile in prison.

• Love 9

Those little Duggar kids are really cute. The second wave of girls might have a better time of things, no babies to raise, more attention paid to them, relaxing rules (often happens for the younger kids), parents more stable financially (I don't think JB would have squandered the money).

• Love 3

I think they will have some advantages, but I don't think they will have ANY education or attention. It's hard to think that could get worse, but I don't think anyone cares now.

• Love 2

Does anyone else think that Josie may have mild Cerebral Palsy? Between her arm movements during the THs and that in almost every picture someone is holding her arms, as well as being a micro-preemie, it seems likely to me.

• Love 1