Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I so want to adopt Jordyn, that poor neglected child needs someone to really love and care for her.  She totally reminds me of Cozette from Les Miz.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/7229459/Cosette-from-Les-Misrables

A few weeks back TLC replayed the episode where Jordyn got her head stuck in the railing. After Boob got her out, she immediately reached out to one of the J'Slaves. Michelle went over and tried to comfort her and Jordyn kept turning her head away and wouldn't acknowledge her. How telling is that? I mean, what small child doesn't make a beeline straight for their mother after a painful/scary experience?

• Love 11

I have a theory that JB's obsession with TLC money is going to backfire on him someday...he needs the TLC gravy train, and TLC needs drama.

So someday one of those kids is going to grab a producer and pitch a storyline where they escape from the compound. And JB will be over a barrel; if he stops it he showcases how controlling he is, and if he lets it happen he gets sweet, sweet ratings and drama, but also has to let one of his minions go.

That's how I would escape if I were one of those kids, because TLC would sell JB out in a heartbeat for that kind of drama.

• Love 5

It's a little funny that Jordyn rejected her "mother"'s attempts to comfort her for the cameras, because for YEARS Jordyn toddled after Michelle begging for attention only to be told to leave her alone and go to her sisters instead.  Well, Michelle, you got what you wanted, and now the entire viewing audience can see it. 

• Love 8

Why do Jordyn, Jenny and Josie always look unkept? Do the Duggars not own a hairbrush for them? 

I think the J'Slaves are out of fucks to give. I think they've realized they can put total effort or zero effort into raising their siblings and they'll still see no return on their investment. Michelle doesn't appreciate them regardless. 

• Love 9

I know it makes me sound like a mean old lady but does anyone else find Josie really annoying?

Incredibly so.  If she's delayed, I feel bad for being so annoyed by her, but if she's not, she's just very badly-behaved and obnoxious.  I felt the same way about Jackson and James when they were younger.  (Actually I still kind of do.)

I know it makes me sound like a mean old lady but does anyone else find Josie really annoying?

Oh my God, yes. I've seen two year-olds with more maturity and self-control than what Miracle Baby displays at four. I do feel badly if she has issues, but something about her personality is so goddamned grating. It doesn't seem like anyone else in the family likes her either. When Mack talked about not wanting to leave Arkansas because she'd miss Jordyn, she conveniently never said anything about Josie.

• Love 3

I was actually endeared to James tonight. He was like a whole different kid. And his deadpan bon mots were kinda funny.

But he doesn't exactly resemble the others, does he? Hmmmm, Michelle, got something to tell us? (J/K)

• Love 2

Jackson was annoying (to me anyway) as a little kid but I have to admit, he was hilarious.  I never quite understood the things he was saying/trying to say, but he always had a funny way of putting things.  Also, I just felt badly for him - I always got the impression that Michelle didn't like him much.  Maybe because she called him out as a pants-wetter on camera.  With Josie I just don't find any endearing qualities to make me look past the spoiled brat behavior. 

I missed tonight's episode so I don't know what James is like these days - as the kids get older they seem to fade into the background more and more.  Either the editors think they've outgrown their cuteness or they're sick of being filmed. 

Another mean old lady here, and I find Josie really annoying, too. I also hate the way she bosses poor Jordyn around.

• Love 2

I was actually endeared to James tonight. He was like a whole different kid. And his deadpan bon mots were kinda funny.

But he doesn't exactly resemble the others, does he? Hmmmm, Michelle, got something to tell us? (J/K)

James looks like Amy and his Aunt Deanna. If you happen to catch any of the old epis, the resemblance is crazy. I agree he was a hot ticket tonight. I'm happy he gets to chaperone Jill's date next week because he's one of the Duggar kids who seems to get very little one-on-one attention.

• Love 1

Maybe Josie`s problem is she got parental attention far longer than any of the younger boys and girls and then it just stopped. She is annoying but the poor kid is probably confused as hell. Especially if she is delayed.

• Love 2

I haven't actually been able to watch an episode in a while, but I have a feeling that most of the annoyance with Josie's behavior stems from a few different. things.  First, she's the baby and traditionally parents are more lax on the discipline train with the last kid.  Second, she's the miracle baby.  Maybe they feel like they can't correct her behavior because she's such a miracle.  (Not saying she's not a miracle, and that they are lucky and even i'll used a Duggar word, blessed that she made it. However, aren't all of your kids miracles?)  Third, maybe Jana and the rest of the girls are scared that if they try to correct bad behavior, there could be some fallout from the parents.  I can't imagine what i'd do in their place.  We'd all love to say oh we'd do x, y, or z but not being there, and living in that situation daily it's hard to say.

• Love 1

Didn't Michelle tell Josie that the world doesn't revolve around her? Well then she needs to be taught how to behave properly. Ship her off to Anna who seems to be doing a good job with Mack--at least when she talks she talks like a 4 year old not an 18 month old like Josie.

• Love 1

James looks like Amy and his Aunt Deanna.

He really does.  If you put everyone into a lineup and asked me which kids belong to which parents, I would assume James and Joy were Deanna's kids.  (They got the sassy 'tude from that side of the family, too.  Annoying though I find James to be, I enjoy his complete dismissal of his mother - pretty much everyone on Jill's team seems to hate Michelle more than the others, I've noticed.  Maybe it's because Jill is the best sister mom.) 

• Love 3

Oh, I hate to be the one to say it, but Josie isn't the most immature four year old I've seen this summer.  There was one at my grandson's birthday party who made Josie look completely normal.  Amazingly I only know one other person who saw the same thing and went that child needs an evaluation.  She and her brother could teach Josie look at me lessons, too.  Part of is just the age. I actually think that Josie would fit in well enough with a four year old day care group after two to four weeks to learn cooperative behavior and schedules. 

• Love 2

Did we recently see Jennifer Hartano (sp) on camera? I read in another thread that she just graduated from Pensacola Christian college in Florida. Anybody think that there's a chance that the Duggars would approve of her as a wife for John David? Personally I think it would be awesome to see one of their kids marry somebody of

a different background..but don't the Hartano's pretty much have the same beliefs as the Duggars?

I like Jackson and always have. He's a little ham, but as PP said, he has a funny way of putting things.

I'm glad they're putting in some shots of the Howlers. This season is going to be pretty boring if they just focus on Jill and Jessa, seeing how we already know a lot of that information.

• Love 2

I had the impression that the Hartonos' live in another country. Is that correct? I always found it strange that they can afford to just "jet over to the USA" whenever they feel like it and stay a long time. Who pays for that? Also, I think that someone has a heart for Jana...Frank Sun?

• Love 1

Definitely.  She is the most annoying howler.  Hopefully, she does not grow up to be a spawn of Mullet and learns from her own experience.  She has no manners and the kiss is SO annoying!  

Oh my God, yes. I've seen two year-olds with more maturity and self-control than what Miracle Baby displays at four. I do feel badly if she has issues, but something about her personality is so goddamned grating. It doesn't seem like anyone else in the family likes her either. When Mack talked about not wanting to leave Arkansas because she'd miss Jordyn, she conveniently never said anything about Josie.

Because Josie is a cling on and no fun!

James looks like Amy and his Aunt Deanna. If you happen to catch any of the old epis, the resemblance is crazy. I agree he was a hot ticket tonight. I'm happy he gets to chaperone Jill's date next week because he's one of the Duggar kids who seems to get very little one-on-one attention.

One question- does he have a seatbelt in that truck?  I could not tell.  I think they would rather do without that safety measure than risk a frontal hug out of the clans view. 

If I'm not mistaken the Hartonos were enrolled in college in Arkansas and stayed with the Duggars during school breaks.

The Hartonos went to Pensacola Christian so it was cheaper to stay with the Duggars than fly home during school breaks.  At least one of them has now graduated.

Jonathan and Jennifer Hartano are friends of the Duggar family, John David and Jana met them back in 2010 on their mission trip to Indonesia. They seem to visit the Duggars on a regular basis.

Thanks!

Agreed. I think Jana looks a LOT like her Aunt Deanna; we saw some old photos in one episode, and Deanna was lovely.

In the looks department, Josh remains the wildcard for me. No idea who he looks like. He doesn't have the standard Duggar look.

I think Josh, Jinger and Jennifer look alike, but  also can't for the life of me figure out who they look like - maybe like one of Michelle's parents or siblings? 

Edited by WTFFF

Things that make me really SAD & MAD about the Duggar Kids and Michelle:

Seeing Jana in the Far East/China episode carry a designer Diaper Bag to be used for a sibling.

Watching Joseph being dropped off at ALERT on a field with his duffle bags - cried my eyes out.

Hannie and Jenny running around with hair balls and dirty clothes.

Josie - watching her mimic her older siblings speech patterns and being scorned - she is not liked by the others.

Michelle being addicted to pregnancy with no "special blessing" to come...Addicts lie. She is an addict. What will Michelle use to replace the pregnancy addiction? Unlike drugs, booze, shopping, sex, food, etc...there is not something that replaces pregnancy. Only maybe hypocondria? Because pregnancy got her out of physical activity and having to be accountable...only thing that I can think of with the same benefits, but not the same positive attention.

By hypochondria are you thinking of Munchausen's?  Hypochondria is a fear of health related problems, not an addictive behavior; while those with Munchausen's actively induce symptoms to gain attention.  Which, yeah, I can see Michelle doing.  Or maybe she'll just finally acknowledge the miracle child's delays once she realizes that she can exploit them to get sympathy.

I think Josh, Jinger and Jennifer look alike, but  also can't for the life of me figure out who they look like - maybe like one of Michelle's parents or siblings? 

I think they look like Michelle. There's also a recent photo of Jordyn on the Duggar Instagram where she literally looks like Michelle's twin. Which to me is funny, because I had always thought she resembled Boob.

If John David is indeed courting, I think it would be great if he could tell his parents and TLC that they want to keep it private, including keeping his wedding off-camera. If indeed he marries a fundie girl just like him, her parents may want this to be the case anyway. It would be amusing to see an announcement made to People magazine in which "John David Duggar marries!" and nothing is mentioned on their show at all until after the fact. Just because Jim Bob and Michelle are huge famewhores, it doesn't mean that all of their children are going to be too, especially as they get older. Maybe a few of them realize that once you've given away your privacy, you can never get it back. 

While I agree it's inappropriate to speculate on the sexual orientation of minor children, statistics tell us two of the kids could very well be gay ... and my heart breaks for those kids. My only hope here is that Amy, who probably has a gay friend or two, will be someone they can go to for kindness and understanding, and that eventually, they can learn to live on their own in the world, without the need for their family's approval. 

Seriously, can you imagine how hard life is going to be for any child who comes out as gay in the Duggar family?  

Edited by Literata

If John David is indeed courting, I think it would be great if he could tell his parents and TLC that they want to keep it private, including keeping his wedding off-camera. If indeed he marries a fundie girl just like him, her parents may want this to be the case anyway. It would be amusing to see an announcement made to People magazine in which "John David Duggar marries!" and nothing is mentioned on their show at all until after the fact. Just because Jim Bob and Michelle are huge famewhores, it doesn't mean that all of their children are going to be too, especially as they get older. Maybe a few of them realize that once you've given away your privacy, you can never get it back. 

I think that this is why Boob started Duggar Aviation. It is a way to keep John David under his control.

I actually think that Josh and Anna really surprised Jim Bob and Michelle by taking the DC job.  Let's remember that JB has said many, many times that his wish is for the children to stay close to home, and he's done everything he can to arrange that.  It's also part of the Gothard creed that you are not to have a boss over you, and Josh does, but he's fine with that.  And I actually think that Josh may be somewhat resentful that he was never allowed a real education to prepare for a life like the one he has, and is really glad to have found a backdoor way in.  He always said he wanted to be an attorney, and there was just no way, given the life JB and Michelle were providing, that he could do that.  Obviously the car lot and the little dollhouse weren't enough for them.  And they left.

Now Jill and Derrick get a lovely home within reasonable driving distance, and John David is getting an aviation company....it will be interesting to see what he does with Jessa and Ben.

• Love 2

Josh has no one else to blame for his lack of education but himself. He is a big boy now. He still rides on his family name and being the first child. He seriously thinks he got the job in D.C. because of his strong work ethic and skills. He enjoys the attention he gets, and he has the same driven ego as Jim Bob. He should be grateful to his parents having nineteen kids and turning into major famewhores.

actually think that Josh may be somewhat resentful that he was never allowed a real education to prepare for a life like the one he has, and is really glad to have found a backdoor way in.  He always said he wanted to be an attorney, and there was just no way, given the life JB and Michelle were providing, that he could do that.  Obviously the car lot and the little dollhouse weren't enough for them.  And they left.

I agree with this. After listening to him on the ridiculous fundie radio podcast, I don't find him quite so insufferable.

IIRC correctly from the first couple of specials, Josh was much more like Josiah and whichever Jed/Jer twin wrote the poem ... not quite as much into dirty jobs, and maybe a bit more cerebral -- a BIT more, although "cerebral" is stretching it with this crew -- than the others. I wonder if his rebellion, or mini-rebellion, at 15 or so was precipitated by his wanting more for himself.

And I do think he lucked out with Anna. There are things about her that make me nuts, but given that he married basically so he could get laid on a regular basis, he could have done worse. I think she has half a brain and a mind of her own, although she's been indoctrinated not to use it. I so hope those two slow down the baby-making. 

Well, as Josiah is now 18...I hope that if he is the gay one and realizes it, he has a real support network somewhere, rather than a "we'll pray it away" group of people like his family.

I hope so, too. I posted in another category about hoping perhaps Amy, who almost certainly has gay friends, can be someone any gay Duggars go to for compassion, if not support. And I wholeheartedly agree about the creepiness of speculating about the sexual orientation of minor children, but I sincerely doubt there's only one gay Duggar. 

My fear, which will almost certainly come true, is that any gay Duggar kids will simply marry people of the opposite gender, repress everything, and live their lives without ever knowing romantic love, or simply live on the down-low, having relationships on the side. Either way, how sad. 

• Love 5

Michelle being addicted to pregnancy with no "special blessing" to come...Addicts lie. She is an addict. What will Michelle use to replace the pregnancy addiction? Unlike drugs, booze, shopping, sex, food, etc...there is not something that replaces pregnancy. Only maybe hypocondria? Because pregnancy got her out of physical activity and having to be accountable...only thing that I can think of with the same benefits, but not the same positive attention.

I thought the same thing.  Every time the family had to go on some stupid adventure, she was excused because she had the golden child to take care of.  I really think she is just a lazy creature- (geez at first I used a much worse word! ) that uses pregnancy to get attention and DO NOTHING.  Oh wait, she does nothing after the birth as well.  Now that the uterus has stopped giving out favors… it will be interesting for sure.  

As someone mentioned, she is totally not into her grandchildren.  She is nothing more than jealous that they did not come from her womb and grant her another 15 months of being lazy.  (That is 9 months of pregnancy and 6 months of being close to the child before handing it over to the slaves).  

• Love 2

I honestly just can't see how, after nine months of having a child growing inside you and 6 months of taking care of them; waking up in the middle of the night for feedings, etc., you would not feel some sort of attachment or motherly love for this child. Even if you've had lots of kids, don't you want to at least be a big part of their rearing and see that they have good lives and get good educations so they can go forward in life?

It seems Michelle doesn't care; nor have true motherly emotions.

• Love 4

The thing about Anna that I think is different is that she worked with her father doing prison ministry. Out of all of the ministry out there, that's the one that no matter how innocent and simplistic you want the world to be going into it, you are going to come out of it with a complicated and thoughtful worldview to the extent that you as a human being are capable. There is no way to shelter yourself in that world.

And my point about Josh was mostly in relation to his parents and what they will do regarding other children. I think they may realize that they simply thought they could just assume the other children would imitate their lives and planned accordingly. Josh and Anna basically corrected that right out if the box. I don't think we will see any more blathering on about "leave and cleave" fake nonsense and pretending that all of the children are content with physical labor and tiny homes.

• Love 1