Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Who are those people posing with Austin? Or are they just random fundie bystanders, and the photo just shows he's there?

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

It would be interesting to hear from a couple who has only been married a couple of years if they honestly talked about all of the adjustments that they have gone through living together. But I’m sure they wouldn’t say anything but platitudes about marrying their best friend and it’s all been so easy and isn’t God great? 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Who are those people posing with Austin? Or are they just random fundie bystanders, and the photo just shows he's there?

it was just to show he was there and involved in the discipleship summit thing. I tried to add a comment on the pic saying of course he was there since he, joy and Gideon were at one point listed as staff on their website.

For whatever reason, it would not let me add a comment with the pic

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

it was just to show he was there and involved in the discipleship summit thing. I tried to add a comment on the pic saying of course he was there since he, joy and Gideon were at one point listed as staff on their website.

For whatever reason, it would not let me add a comment with the pic

Gideon was listed as staff?!

• LOL 9
7 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It would be interesting to hear from a couple who has only been married a couple of years if they honestly talked about all of the adjustments that they have gone through living together. But I’m sure they wouldn’t say anything but platitudes about marrying their best friend and it’s all been so easy and isn’t God great? 

But Austin has given interviews where he's said marriage is hard work, and Joy has admitted to a tendency of being hurtful and then "clamming up" in their relationship (I think this was in the marriage retreat episode). So it's not like they try to present an image of marriage as all rainbows and light.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Gideon was listed as staff at one point in time. I can't find it now, but it was over a year ago when I saw it. The Forsyth daughter and son in law were also listed, but none of their children.

• Useful 4
12 hours ago, graefin said:

But Austin has given interviews where he's said marriage is hard work, and Joy has admitted to a tendency of being hurtful and then "clamming up" in their relationship (I think this was in the marriage retreat episode). So it's not like they try to present an image of marriage as all rainbows and light.

Austin also said a few months after Gideon was born (if I’m remembering correctly) he can see why some people get divorced. I don’t think Joy was there when he said it but if she watched the episode or even heard Austin say that to someone then that’s gotta hurt, I hope she never did. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Austin also said a few months after Gideon was born (if I’m remembering correctly) he can see why some people get divorced. I don’t think Joy was there when he said it but if she watched the episode or even heard Austin say that to someone then that’s gotta hurt, I hope she never did. 

Austin's dad is divorced, so Joy knows its approved of in their family.

• Useful 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Was Austin’s father  (and former wife) part of the cult when they divorced?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Just because the dad is divorced doesn't mean it's really approved of in the family, though. I've seen some really weird double standards on that issue in some families. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I knew Austin’s dad was divorced whether they approve of it or not I highly doubt. I think that Austin’s dad joined a cult that disapproves of divorce never mind a whole lot of other things on purpose. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Austin's dad may have gone a similar route as Katey's dad - maybe they weren't really part of the fold when they got divorced from their first wives, and then they grew more ingrained into the cult with the second wives. The difference is that Austin was a product of the second marriage, whereas Katey was a product of the first marriage.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Just because the dad is divorced doesn't mean it's really approved of in the family, though. I've seen some really weird double standards on that issue in some families. 

These people are nothing if not hypocrites. 

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

These people are nothing if not hypocrites. 

Yeah in my experience it's either a) this happened in my previous sinful life, and I am making up for it with a vengeance by being over-the-top now or b) there is some special exemption for me and my divorce that makes it okay but doesn't apply to you other godless sinners. 

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah in my experience it's either a) this happened in my previous sinful life, and I am making up for it with a vengeance by being over-the-top now or b) there is some special exemption for me and my divorce that makes it okay but doesn't apply to you other godless sinners. 

And many idolize and support people who have cheated and been divorced multiple times 🤷‍♀️

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Portia said:

What is poor Hannie wearing? Did she raid an elderly aunt's closet? 

It was for a "western" themed supper, so probably went with whatever costume she could pull together... Granted most of the other kids in the photo went with plaid shirts and/or cowboy hats, but the Duggars like to be different (see their interpretation "ugly Christmas sweater party").

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Her face is finally coming into its own. She looks like a distinct person now.

I hope the cake was made just for her, with love; then it doesn’t matter what it looks like 🥰

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I have a soft spot for Jenni from early on. I remember she loves animals and I think it was her 9th birthday she was treated to a horse ride, another time she was genuinely happy. I felt so bad for her when her sister mom, Jill went to SA, she was sad. They did a show where the lost girls were playing with dolls to learn how to care for babies and Jenni was not into it.  I really hope she has more to look forward to than marriage and babies.  So go Jenni!

Yes. I’ve always felt the same about Jordyn too. They never really had their mother, and once Josie was born it was Game Over. It’s incredibly sad.

• Love 3
Just now, zenme said:

Yes. I’ve always felt the same about Jordyn too. They never really had their mother, and once Josie was born it was Game Over. It’s incredibly sad.

Speaking of Josie, I'm surprised that she wasn't at Jenni's birthday lunch. Jordyn was there. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Jenni always seems to be one of the only ones who never wears a skirt - she always either wears a dress or jumpers. Also, I worry about her posture. She's emerging as one of the taller girls now but may be self-conscious about it so it looks like she is slouching.

I think she's self-conscious about her chest. She's very busty, poor thing. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

The younger girls look like they will be prettier than some of the sisters.

I think so too. They don't seem to be going through the tween awkward phases that plagued some of the J'Slaves.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2021 at 4:10 PM, Zella said:

It could be that the wife wanted the divorce, Why is everyone assuming that the man initiated it?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

It could be that the wife wanted the divorce, Why is everyone assuming that the man initiated it?

My statement you quoted had nothing to do with who initiated the divorce. In my experience, fundie judgment on divorce is less preoccupied with who filed and the fact that there was a divorce. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Austin's dad was divorced prior to him being born. His mother has never been divorced.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Zella said:

My statement you quoted had nothing to do with who initiated the divorce. In my experience, fundie judgment on divorce is less preoccupied with who filed and the fact that there was a divorce. 

But if it was the wife who wanted it why would it be held against him?

39 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

But if it was the wife who wanted it why would it be held against him?

Logic, consistency, and lack of hypocrisy have never been calling cards for them.

• Love 18
On 8/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, awaken said:

Her face is finally coming into its own. She looks like a distinct person now.

I hope the cake was made just for her, with love; then it doesn’t matter what it looks like 🥰

She doesn’t really look like any of her sisters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Actually it was probably about her new breastfeeding post...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPGZjkLpIL/

I have NO problem with breastfeeding, and NO problem with breastfeeding in public. Zero. I breastfed my own kids for over a year apiece. It was great for all of us.

But - right or wrong - some people DO have a problem with it! And that is EXACTLY who Amy is trolling. Good grief. If that's what People is commenting on - it's EXACTLY what she wanted. 

She is right up there with Jeremy. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, skatelady said:

I have NO problem with breastfeeding, and NO problem with breastfeeding in public. Zero. I breastfed my own kids for over a year apiece. It was great for all of us.

But - right or wrong - some people DO have a problem with it! And that is EXACTLY who Amy is trolling. Good grief. If that's what People is commenting on - it's EXACTLY what she wanted. 

She is right up there with Jeremy. 

🙄

I bottle-fed and there was love in every drop as  well. 

• Love 19

The only pic I have of breastfeeding my daughter, which I did for a year and a half, is an early one.  Me exhausted, the house a mess, and baby getting breakfast.  Mr. X took it, while we were on the couch.  I certainly never would have staged it the way Famy did, in the middle of a field, and all made up and dressed up!  Did she hire a photographer, I wonder?  She IS as fame-seeking as Jeremy.  I'm glad I wasn't young when SM became a thing.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The only pic I have of breastfeeding my daughter, which I did for a year and a half, is an early one.  Me exhausted, the house a mess, and baby getting breakfast.  Mr. X took it, while we were on the couch.  I certainly never would have staged it the way Famy did, in the middle of a field, and all made up and dressed up!  Did she hire a photographer, I wonder?  She IS as fame-seeking as Jeremy.  I'm glad I wasn't young when SM became a thing.

not sure about hired, but yes, a photographer is tagged in the pics https://www.instagram.com/morganemeryphotography/

Morgan Emery

Capturer of pure, natural moments. Creator of joy filled experiences 🙌🏻 Maternity | Newborn | Family
Wife to my HS sweetheart, mama of 3 wild children.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3