Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

We really don’t know much about the NDA as Amy speaks in double talk and half truths. JB hasn’t said much if anything and neither has Deanna. But it seems like the first we heard was after Mary passed away, most likely since she was no longer a mediating factor in the family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Zella said:

My biggest thing with Amy is one of my things with Derick. Shit or get off the pot. Stop with the passive-aggressive vaguebooking teasers and either say something clearly or shut the fuck up. The more coy they are about, the less sincere any of the motives seem. 

Perfectly said 👏

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

We really don’t know much about the NDA as Amy speaks in double talk and half truths. JB hasn’t said much if anything and neither has Deanna. But it seems like the first we heard was after Mary passed away, most likely since she was no longer a mediating factor in the family.

I wonder if the NDA thing went something like this. Amy, as an adult and not a child of JB, signed an NDA in order to appear on the show. Then later, after Mary's death, for some reason JB "reminded" Amy that she had signed an NDA. Which presumably was written in broad enough terms ,to keep her quiet about whatever it was she and JB may have been disagreeing about. That would be like JB: not forking out money to pay a lawyer to prepare a new NDA, but threatening Amy with the one she'd signed for the show. And it apparently worked.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

What is her caption even supposed to mean?

I wondered that too. The only thing I could come up with is maybe Deanna and Amy went to the TTH to get Mary and TLC was filming and she then started to be included in filming.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I wondered that too. The only thing I could come up with is maybe Deanna and Amy went to the TTH to get Mary and TLC was filming and she then started to be included in filming.

Yeah, that's it. TLC saw a girl in jeans and thought it would be an interesting juxtaposition with her Little House cousins.

• Love 8
On 7/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, BitterApple said:

Amy needs to stop. You don't threaten to expose family secrets and then turn around and use your cousins as clickbait. She's a really shitty person.

She really is. As an outsider who wants all the dirt on the Duggars, I'm technically on "her side," but as a human being with a sense of basic decency, it's so incredibly awful of her to publicly talk shit about her family while still playing at happy families when it's convenient. If there really is an NDA (and I have my doubts), I'd have no problem with JB suing the hell out of her if she breaks it. And I say that as someone who thinks NDAs are sketchy as hell and that JB is an evil asshole. THAT is how awful I find Amy's behavior.

Frankly, I think the reason Amy loves doing these teases about exposing Duggar dirt without actually offering anything--other than the obvious desire for attention--is that she actually doesn't know much worth sharing. She and her mom were firmly out of the family loop. She may have been close to Mary, but Mary actively worked to make JB's family famous ("Alice" was right about everything else, I'm going to believe what she said about Mary)--she wasn't going to spill much. Amy was only ever tolerated by the rest of the family. Maybe Jill has told her some stuff now, but she never witnessed anything the public would find interesting. I doubt she knows much more than we know or can reasonably guess based on their beliefs.

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

She really is. As an outsider who wants all the dirt on the Duggars, I'm technically on "her side," but as a human being with a sense of basic decency, it's so incredibly awful of her to publicly talk shit about her family while still playing at happy families when it's convenient. If there really is an NDA (and I have my doubts), I'd have no problem with JB suing the hell out of her if she breaks it. And I say that as someone who thinks NDAs are sketchy as hell and that JB is an evil asshole. THAT is how awful I find Amy's behavior.

Frankly, I think the reason Amy loves doing these teases about exposing Duggar dirt without actually offering anything--other than the obvious desire for attention--is that she actually doesn't know much worth sharing. She and her mom were firmly out of the family loop. She may have been close to Mary, but Mary actively worked to make JB's family famous ("Alice" was right about everything else, I'm going to believe what she said about Mary)--she wasn't going to spill much. Amy was only ever tolerated by the rest of the family. Maybe Jill has told her some stuff now, but she never witnessed anything the public would find interesting. I doubt she knows much more than we know or can reasonably guess based on their beliefs.

I so agree. I think I've gone on record many times saying I don't hate the Duggars, but there are a few of them I dislike and their behaviors spur me to become activated into temporary hate.

Josh I do hate. Amy and Derick I strongly dislike. Michelle and JB I dislike. But anyone of the four of them can behave in ways that raise the bar to hateful disgust. 

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

infz24t2gt971.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

My best friend posted on facebook some pictures from the 4th when her niece's and nephew's families were over to swim. The pictures were fine, but there was one of a little girl walking on the deck, probably around 2 or 3, topless in a diaper. I told her that this is a picture she might want to delete because of pervs getting a hold of it. Its sad but it is life. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I deep down think that Joy thinks Josh is innocent.

Go Amy !

I don't thinkk Joy thinks hes innocent. I think she hasn't been told much, if anything. She was the youngest of his victims. I might be wrong, but I doubt she believes hes innocent. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, beckie said:

I don't thinkk Joy thinks hes innocent. I think she hasn't been told much, if anything. She was the youngest of his victims. I might be wrong, but I doubt she believes hes innocent. 

Amy should talk to her about posting nearly naked toddlers on SM.

• Love 6

Amy's house is still for sale - price drop of $26.500 June 30, now $399,000. Apparently people aren't flocking to buy Amy and Dillon's over priced house next to Joy and Austin with JB and Meech owning the lot on the other side of Joy and Austin and the proposed Duggar Luxury RV Park across the street.....

I wonder whatever happened to that JB plan.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Amy's house is still for sale - price drop of $26.500 June 30, now $399,000. Apparently people aren't flocking to buy Amy and Dillon's over priced house next to Joy and Austin with JB and Meech owning the lot on the other side of Joy and Austin and the proposed Duggar Luxury RV Park across the street.....

I wonder if it's overpriced for the area? 400k in Arkansas to live across the street from a potential RV park seems kind of high. They must have an insane amount of land to be asking for that.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

400k in Arkansas is like 1 mil In other parts of the country. To live across the street from the trailer park. Honestly, the best buyers would be Jim Bob and Michelle, not that you get top dollar... but it’s a pretty good way to launder a hush money payment to Amy.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Considering their house hasn’t appeared on Trulia or Zillow as for sale,  their agent sucks. They’ve already had an open house.

I can see it on Zillow today with option to set up a tour

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Granted, I'm in NJ where housing prices are ridiculous even in a buyer's market, but I imagine Amy's house/property must be a mess of epic proportions if they can't get a buyer. People here have been paying upwards of 100K+ over asking, even for houses that need a lot of work. Is Amy's location just to far too commute anywhere?

• Love 2

That house if it were in my area would be going for the low 700,000.00 if it was listed at that price that Amy had originally listed it would have been sold within 15 minutes of first being listed. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Maybe no one wants to live next door to some hillbilly Duggars.

I think Amy is probably among them.

I had the property order a bit mixed up, Amy's house is between joy's and property owned by JB & Meech trust

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yikes, Amy falls somewhere in between Jill and Jessa in decorating styles, but somehow they both do better than her.

Nice bathrooms, nice laundry room. The kitchen, IMO, is awful and the rest of the house is decorated so poorly, its hard to see past it. It does look like there's a small in-law suite downstairs.

(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, since a few months into the pandemic, the average house is selling in like two weeks. I wonder why Amy's house isn't.

My bet is that it's because it's a $200,000 house they're trying to sell for $400,000. Also, Duggars either live or own the land on both sides of it. Arrrrghhhhh! 😁

According to realtor.com, $399,000 still puts them $75,000-plus above the current median sales price in northwest Arkansas. Doesn't seem to me that that house is an above-the-median dwelling or is in an above-the-median location. So -- still overpriced.

Of course don't they have tax liens and all sorts of other money needs? So they've priced based on hope (and arrogance), not reality, probably. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5