Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm no lawyer, but I would be surprised if the NDA expires simply because the show was cancelled. Maybe one of our attorneys can chime in? 

Not a lawyer, but I think it is for a time span, not tied to the show. I remember John and Kate’s NDA’s like 10 years long, regardless of if the show was on there or not. It would make sense, to protect reruns, merchandising, etc.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Not a lawyer, but I think it is for a time span, not tied to the show. I remember John and Kate’s NDA’s like 10 years long, regardless of if the show was on there or not. It would make sense, to protect reruns, merchandising, etc.

That makes sense. Most of the NDAs I've read about seemed indefinite in length. I suspect Amy is mainly just being coy and using this to draw attention to herself because she's every bit as thirsty as Jeremy, despite knowing damn well that the NDA already exactly spells out whether or not she was still bound by it and for how long. 

• Love 18

I'm really curious about this alleged NDA, because--and please correct me if I'm wrong--the first we heard of it was from WOACB as an explanation for scrapping that interview with Amy. Amy had been talking shit about the Duggars-often in unflattering ways-for years at that point. Hell, I think it's safe to say that for a while, a significant portion of her income was from the tabloids. So when did she sign it and why? It must have been fairly recently, because otherwise JB could have sued her multiple times by now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I'm really curious about this alleged NDA, because--and please correct me if I'm wrong--the first we heard of it was from WOACB as an explanation for scrapping that interview with Amy. Amy had been talking shit about the Duggars-often in unflattering ways-for years at that point. Hell, I think it's safe to say that for a while, a significant portion of her income was from the tabloids. So when did she sign it and why? It must have been fairly recently, because otherwise JB could have sued her multiple times by now. 

My theory has always been if there was an NDA, that it probably occurred during the settlement phase of Mary's estate. The timing would have been right since I don't remember it happening before then, and that's really the only situation in which I see Jim Bob having something that would give Amy the incentive to sign since she did seem genuinely close to her grandmother and I could see her definitely wanting some keepsakes of Mary's. I could also see the buyer's remorse evaporating pretty fast as the initial shock and grief wore off. 

My guess has always been Mary's presence may have required Amy (and Deana) and Jim Bob to play nicer with each other than they did, and once she was gone, the gloves came off entirely. 

That being said, if it was revealed that there was never an NDA and Amy just liked to conveniently evoke one for reasons, that wouldn't surprise me either. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Go ahead and spill tea, Amy. JB would be a total fool to go after her and so would TLC, the backlash would be big. Add to that the pedophile trial…

Right, why did she even sign it? And what can JB really do about it if she does talk?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And what can JB really do about it if she does talk?

Most of what I know about NDAs comes from the Weinstein case, but from what I've read, you can lose a lot of money in the subsequent lawsuits and be liable for damages. One of the things that really surprised me about reading up on that case was how enforceable the NDAs were and how much even wealthy, famous people feared the consequences of breaking one. 

I'd venture to say Jim Bob probably has a lot on his plate with Josh and losing the show, but I think Amy would likely find herself having the everloving piss sued out of her if she broke an NDA. And I'm not sure that she really is financially stable enough to pay for the lawyer bills, let alone the damages if she lost. 

• Love 8
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

I want to say that I heard that the NDAs (both Amy and Deanna's) were signed in 2015, in the wake of Joshgate.

That would make sense! 

But who's lawyer made them sing the NDA's? JB's or TLC's? I can see JB not wanting his family secrets to come out, but I'm not sure I understand TLC's motives. The only thing I can think about is that they could reveal behind the scenes stuff like how a lot of events are fake.

If the NDA's were from JB, it would not matter if the show was still on or not. So again, my guess is that it's from TLC.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

From Amy's instastory today, it appears that she was prohibited from talking about the show. But in her conversations with WOACB, she said she can't talk about them at all in anything other than very general terms (eg. "I love my family.").

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Death and money mess with a lot of families and it seems the Duggars are no exception there, but Amy is quite the bitch. The show had only been canceled a couple of hours prior to her IG story. She actually said Derick's name and tagged both Jill and Derick in the post. To me, she wasn't just soliciting legal advice from Derick, she was pulling them into the drama. Egging them on to speak out. This is Jill's family. Her sisters, brothers and parents. I hope Derick is smart enough not to get dragged into Amy's selfish drama.

The music industry has one hit wonders and my mom use to call many toys, one hour wonders - Amy falls somewhere in between. Amy's spilling of the tea would make the tabloids for less than a week. She'll also lose some SM followers because even many Duggar haters will lose interest in her after she says what she has to say. But Amy is a Duggar, so she'll milk this for all its worth if she can get by the NDA. So I hope Amy is prepared to fade away, just as the Duggars will in the coming months.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Exactly, but let’s say it was because of the evil contract!

For some reason, I think she tried several times. I know there were several shows dedicated to the ‘Country Star’ plot line. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness. Amy would have sold more than her soul if she thought she could make it big. With Deanna right by her side.

Lol, right? The reality is Amy didn't make it because she has no talent. That might've not even been an obstacle if she was a hot blonde with big jugs, but she isn't. She's an average girl with a below average voice. But hey, if standing on her moral soap box eases the pain of failed dreams, then so be it.

• Love 9
On 6/29/2021 at 8:08 PM, Zella said:

That makes sense. Most of the NDAs I've read about seemed indefinite in length. I suspect Amy is mainly just being coy and using this to draw attention to herself because she's every bit as thirsty as Jeremy, despite knowing damn well that the NDA already exactly spells out whether or not she was still bound by it and for how long. 

Um, yeah... she should have a copy of the NDA, and if she doesn't understand it, Derick would have to read it in order to tell her, lol.

If she never got a copy of the fully signed NDA, then that's a whole other set of potential problems for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Amy’s really milking this NDA thing for all the attention she can get. Publicly asking Derick and now asking her “fans” if it’s still legally binding. If she really wanted to know that, she’d make an appointment and consult an attorney. My guess is that she’s already been told that the NDA is still in effect, but she’s teasing us with the possibility that she MIGHT be about to spill some juicy insider details.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Zella said:

My biggest thing with Amy is one of my things with Derick. Shit or get off the pot. Stop with the passive-aggressive vaguebooking teasers and either say something clearly or shut the fuck up. The more coy they are about, the less sincere any of the motives seem. 

You have a good point. I think Amy has more clout than Derrick because this was actually Amy's family. I believe her version of events a lot more than his, because she was there longer, and saw a LOT more. I can believe that Derrick is more upset about the financial magic tricks JB was playing, but you know what- they got a settlement, so that is SETTLED. 

Amy may want a settlement or she may just be angry and bitter (for some valid or not valid reasons- I dont know).

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You have a good point. I think Amy has more clout than Derrick because this was actually Amy's family. I believe her version of events a lot more than his, because she was there longer, and saw a LOT more. I can believe that Derrick is more upset about the financial magic tricks JB was playing, but you know what- they got a settlement, so that is SETTLED. 

Amy may want a settlement or she may just be angry and bitter (for some valid or not valid reasons- I dont know).

I think they both have some legitimate gripes, but I don't trust either of them any farther than they can be thrown. And the fact remains that both of them were more than happy to benefit from the show and the family name until it wasn't convenient for them anymore. I would have a lot more respect for both of them if they were willing to admit their own fault/culpability with going along with the family gravy train and, again, if they'd just actually say something if they're going to say something rather than playing little games. I can't stand people who do that in general. Say what you mean, and mean what you say! 

They both come across as thinking they are the biggest victims in this story, and I also find that highly unflattering. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I would have a lot more respect for both of them if they were willing to admit their own fault/culpability with going along with the family gravy train and, again, if they'd just actually say something if they're going to say something rather than playing little games. I can't stand people who do that in general. Say what you mean, and mean what you say! 

They both come across as thinking they are the biggest victims in this story, and I also find that highly unflattering. 

You have a lot of good points. I think if Amy is going to come off as sincere she would be transparent about her own motivations about appearing on Counting On, what she hoped to gain, how that didnt work out, and what she knew/didnt know from day 1.

But also I think JB played the "I am the elder, we are family." card, and got his Mom to back him up into having Amy sign the NDA, because "if you dont you'll hurt the family." You cannot pull the family card, but then decide to do things that hurt the family. So its okay for JB to enable Josh to hurt the family economically, but not let Amy talk to the press? I would be pissed too.

I just don't think Amy thinks she is a bigger victim than Jill, I believe she loves Jill and has a lot of pent up anger at her Uncle that she can now let out given she no longer has to think about her Grandmother's wishes. She may have choice words about her cousin Josh's behavior and how that was covered up (which is valid).

In Amy's shoes I would probably step away, because engaging in the media scrutiny isnt going to help me move forward. I would bitch and moan to my husband, but I would try and treasure my relationship with Jill (and other cousins) and not give any more emotional energy to JB or the lost TLC gravy train.

• Love 12

I just don't think this is really Amy's story to tell. Though she certainly had contact and hung out with them, she was never a captive resident of the compound and could always choose to walk away and do her own thing. Now if anyone from Jana down, except for Josh & Anna, wants to spill, I'd probably listen because it was their lives that got screwed up from the actions of their crazy father and mother and criminal brother. It would seem more respectful of her cousins to let them decide what to spill.

• Love 21
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

My biggest thing with Amy is one of my things with Derick. Shit or get off the pot. Stop with the passive-aggressive vaguebooking teasers and either say something clearly or shut the fuck up. The more coy they are about, the less sincere any of the motives seem. 

And these are the two people closest to Jill. I wish she had a better social circle to draw on.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I just don't think Amy thinks she is a bigger victim than Jill,

I think Amy really does think she is, though, and it's not just limited to this. I still can't get over her trying to compare herself to Meghan Markle's situation a couple of months ago and still somehow sounding like she had it worse. LMAO She seems like a compulsive one-upper. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think Amy really does think she is, though, and it's not just limited to this. I still can't get over her trying to compare herself to Meghan Markle's situation a couple of months ago and still somehow sounding like she had it worse. LMAO She seems like a compulsive one-upper. 

I did not know about that! Thank you- what a drama queen.

8 minutes ago, RowdyCam said:

I just don't think this is really Amy's story to tell. Though she certainly had contact and hung out with them, she was never a captive resident of the compound and could always choose to walk away and do her own thing. Now if anyone from Jana down, except for Josh & Anna, wants to spill, I'd probably listen because it was their lives that got screwed up from the actions of their crazy father and mother and criminal brother. It would seem more respectful of her cousins to let them decide what to spill.

I agree with you. Let me be clear- Amy has no right to talk about what was done to any of the Duggar kids (that would be a violation of their privacy), but she has every right to talk about what JB/Michell/Josh did or said to HER and if he used her love of her grandmother to manipulate her into signing an NDA. I also think if JB asked her to cover up or lie about Josh's crimes that is fair game too.

But the rest of it, you are 100% right, that is her cousins' story to tell.

• Love 14
(edited)

Amy may very well have her own stories to tell re:  JB, Josh, etc.  She should stick to those stories, though, and stop playing games (or at least the alluding to alleged tea) with other people's lives.  That's gross.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, RowdyCam said:

That's pretty much my take as well. I'm not sure what Amy hopes to accomplish by dishing dirt. Josh's kids have enough to overcome by being the offspring of a pedophile. Do they really need to see more salacious stories plastered all over the Internet? 

As far as the NDA, Amy chose to sign it so she could appear on the show. She was willing to make a deal with the devil, hoping to launch a singing career. That plan failed and now all of a sudden she's the wronged party. Does JimBob deserve to be thrown under the bus? Sure, but that doesn't make Amy any less of an attention-seeking money grubber either. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

I just hope that all this publicity about Amy, and anything that she will say, does not screw up the case against Josh.  Like talking so much on social media or to the "news magazines" that his lawyers can complain that he can't get a fair trial.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

As far as the NDA, Amy chose to sign it so she could appear on the show. She was willing to make a deal with the devil, hoping to launch a singing career.

Is THAT why she signed the NDA? I am glad you guys are giving me a bigger picture.

I thought JB made her sign the NDA in order to be able to see little cousins and stay "in the family" , and that he tried to strong arm Jill into one but she and Derrick refused and that is why she isnt allowed over to the TTH without JB's express permission. I didn't know the NDA was just to appear on the show.

I didnt know! Thanks @BitterApple

• Love 2
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Is THAT why she signed the NDA? I am glad you guys are giving me a bigger picture.

I thought JB made her sign the NDA in order to be able to see little cousins and stay "in the family" , and that he tried to strong arm Jill into one but she and Derrick refused and that is why she isnt allowed over to the TTH without JB's express permission. I didn't know the NDA was just to appear on the show.

I didnt know! Thanks @BitterApple

My understanding was she and DeAnne signed NDA's to get out of their contracts with TLC. This happened in 2015 when the first scandals were revealed. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Bean421 said:

My understanding was she and DeAnne signed NDA's to get out of their contracts with TLC. This happened in 2015 when the first scandals were revealed. 

You guys know more than I do!

I thought that JB demanded she sign the NDA to protect his financial interests and Josh's antics, not TLC.

• Love 5

If I'm remembering correctly, Amy's falling out with the Duggars had nothing to do with the Josh scandals. And Deanna was featured on the show helping Mack and her cousins make a CD in 2018

I believe the NDAs were signed after Grandma died, in 2019, and were a deal with JB, not TLC.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6