Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, SMama said:

I think it’s great Jill has a support system. While thinking about Amy I had somehow forgotten about Deanna. That woman is beautiful and looks nothing like her ass of a brother. Not all is lost as Jill has her aunt and her cousin. Israel and Sam will get to experience things they never would have if tethered to the TTH.

I know this exposes what a rotten human being I am. I hope Josh is convicted or pleads out. On that day, when he is going to prison, the Kings and the Dillards should post a picture at Wellingtons holding champagne glasses. Big smiles on their faces. Screw you Volderjosh! Yeah, I know I’m going to hell. 

If you’re going to hell I’m right there by your side! And proud of it.

• Love 8

Oh Lord. 

I have mixed feelings about Amy, and her being all friendly with that waste-of-bandwidth twit on WOACB definitely doesn't move the needle to the positive side of the meter. Sigh. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I've been thinking for a while now that Amy is probably where WOACB is getting some of her insider information, and this doesn't exactly dispel that notion for me. 

I confess. I watched WOACB's live after the hearing. I'm sorry - I won't do it again. During the live Katie's phone rang. Her phone conveniently states the name of the person calling. Guess who it was? Amy. Supposedly. She answered and said "I'm live right now." And then paused the live.

Amy is a bit of drama queen and so I'm not sure she's the most reliable source. Add Katie's twists and turns and well... that's not a good mix.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 5/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

That's all Deanna can do. She's also bound by an NDA.

That's quite a statement from Deanna.  JB must be livid.  I cannot begin to imagine how Boob's hair must be all a' flutter while he spins around in circles trying to put out various fires, attempting to silence his family's social media, throwing money at lawyers, etc.

Meanwhile, Michelle sits in a corner sipping a Starbucks, rocking back and forth, staring at nothing, and the Lost Girls wander aimlessly, taking care of each other.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

I was thinking about the younger Duggar sons today when I read a comment about James' bond with Jill who was his sister mom. 

In the Josh topic recently, I posted about a podcast on YouTube by a guy named Justin. [I'm calling it a podcast although it's on YouTube because it's audio only, no video.] Justin is a couple of years younger than Josh. When he was a teen, his fundie parents started attending JB's "home church." Justin is no longer a fundie, and has been reading through journals he kept back then. In these podcasts he discusses things from his journals, and what he thinks of the fundie world, IFB, IBLP, and the Duggars. He and his wife are on the podcasts, and they sound like very intelligent, articulate, and thoughtful people. 

In this podcast, Justin starts off by talking about how and when he met the Duggars. His dad decided they would attend church at the Duggars's house. He said it was 'two houses before' the TTH, a crappy tiny little house. So crowded that you literally walked in and had to find a place to stand. He also said it was smelly - he said it smelled like "toddler hands." LIke, he explained, when a toddler eats Cheetos and smears it all over their hands and then spends hours playing and has those smelly dirty hands. He said, the whole house had that vibe. It was gross and overwhelming to the senses.

But the point - and I do have one, I think - of mentioning this, is what he said about the little Duggar kids at that time. He was a young teenager himself at the time. 

What was appealing about the Duggar house, he said: it was a circus. There was a pack of really little boys  (Jed, etc.) and Joy Anna. He said that group was like a little dust devil going around and creating chaos everywhere. It was so apparent that those little boys wanted attention from somebody, so bad. From anybody - like an older boy, or a dad. He and his brothers would walk in and it felt like they immediately had two little Duggars clutching onto each leg. It was “cute” - and clearly this wasn’t the perfect little goody two shoes family shown on TV.

He spoke affectionately about the then little kids - I think this is the group known as the Howlers here. I thought it was so interesting that a teenaged boy would understand that those kids were so starved for attention. I don't know if James was one of them, but if this was back in 2004 - 2005, he might have been. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

He and his wife are on the podcasts, and they sound like very intelligent, articulate, and thoughtful people. 

I listened to the first two podcasts.  The info about the Duggars was pretty interesting, but honestly, the guy sounds tortured when he talks about his feelings when he was younger.  I really hope he's getting therapy.  I couldn't bring myself to listen to number three.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I listened to the first two podcasts.  The info about the Duggars was pretty interesting, but honestly, the guy sounds tortured when he talks about his feelings when he was younger.  I really hope he's getting therapy.  I couldn't bring myself to listen to number three.

I saw last night where he announced he will do one more and stop, rather than do the 12 he had planned, because he just couldn't do them anymore. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Yes, he did sound intense. I focused more on what he said about the Duggars (and took some notes) than on what he said about his personal experiences. He mentioned that he'd undergone some kind of trauma while in the fundie world. If he explained that at all, it must have been in one of the parts I skipped. He and his wife talked about how the IFB/Gothard/IBLP fundie belief system is about power and control. I can believe that he's realized he's not in a place to do a dozen of these podcasts. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, Zella said:

I saw last night where he announced he will do one more and stop, rather than do the 12 he had planned, because he just couldn't do them anymore. 

I still want to listen to the ones he's done, but it is sad that it's bringing up bad memories. I'm glad he realizes it though.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

FBB7761C-1BAC-485F-8C2A-8A42F9ABD8B1.jpeg

It really is quite remarkable how these boys all are nearly bald before they ever need to shave. There be some funky hair-follicle hormones running in that family...

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

It really is quite remarkable how these boys all are nearly bald before they ever need to shave. There be some funky hair-follicle hormones running in that family...

Maybe it’s the tater tot casserole ?!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I remember when he was a baby! Damn I’m old!

He and Hannie were best buddies when they were little kids, and they were the stars of the show IMO.  I’m sure that JBoob put a stop to that as soon as they became adolescents.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Oh wow.  Those last lines on Amy's post about Grandma Duggar.  Who could she be referencing? 🤔  You do have to wonder if her cousins are too dim get it.

Yeah, she could have left that out, IMO

• Love 3
On 5/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, BigBingerBro said:

fn8m9346uv071.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I thought this was the sidekick , Danielle from Pickers, and I was in the wrong thread.

(Cute pic and I love Danielle.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Oh wow.  Those last lines on Amy's post about Grandma Duggar.  Who could she be referencing? 🤔  You do have to wonder if her cousins are too dim get it.

When I first read her post I didn’t think of SexPest immediately.  I thought she was referring to the world/our nation in general.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Or “date”...

IMO the Duggars have done this at least twice before - with Joy and Justin. Denied any kind of relationships between an underage child and a future partner, while in reality those children ARE essentially dating/courting/whatever. The Duggars allow it, but hide it from the public.

• Love 11