Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

less the show continues, and the current camera hogs (the parents, Jessa, Jinger and Jer, and Anna) are shoved aside now and then to make time for the Lost Girls to have more camera time? They won't have the name recognition for the huge numbers of SM followers that the older daughters have racked up. I don't know if Kendra is thirsty for the spotlight but I think the producerslike her and she seems to have a good onscreen presence. And regardless of their love (or not) for the spotlight, the show is going to focus on engagements, weddings, and babeez, which also lets out the Lost Girls from getting much screen time as individuals, until they get a courtship or a biblical betrothal followed by their wedding special episode and birthing video

Do you think people are really gonna give a shit about 45 year old Jessa and her 9 kids? 40 year old Jinger doing Instagram stories on wonder mops you can buy for the low price of $50 each? Fame and popularity have a shelf life. I know they were always have a core group of pathetic like humping fans. However, everything else will soon fade away. 

I’m sorry, it’s just the older I get the more life is about what you have to offer, and not superficialities. And all these people have are physical and spiritual superficialities.  Kardashians of the soul. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Do you think people are really gonna give a shit about 45 year old Jessa and her 9 kids? 40 year old Jinger doing Instagram stories on wonder mops you can buy for the low price of $50 each? Fame and popularity have a shelf life. I know they were always have a core group of pathetic like humping fans. However, everything else will soon fade away. 

I’m sorry, it’s just the older I get the more life is about what you have to offer, and not superficialities. And all these people have are physical and spiritual superficialities.  Kardashians of the soul. 

So true.

And I'd bet that even the majority of people who like them now do so because they got attached to them as young kids in the "interesting" situation of there being a billion kids in one house. And that a lot of their popularity now is mainly a nostalgic holdover of feeling for those kids. 

It's hard for me to see a lot of people falling for the "Kardashians of the soul" (to which -- YES)  if they'd been introduced to the audience as 20-somethings instead of as young teens. As 20-somethings they're just young couples with some kids that do literally nothing and live in situations that aren't particularly remarkable in any way. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Bahahaha at Hilaria. 

Claire and the Caldwells also commented. And someone else mentioned the upcoming wedding.

I see some similarity between Justin and Joe's Garrett. Hopefully he ages better. What little cuties all those Duggarlets were, and how far downhill they slid...

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

And I'd bet that even the majority of people who like them now do so because they got attached to them as young kids in the "interesting" situation of there being a billion kids in one house. And that a lot of their popularity now is mainly a nostalgic holdover of feeling for those kids. 

I’m guessing Jingle has 1 million followers because it is too much work for approximately 500,000 people to hit unfollow on Instagram.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

In their case, I sort of wonder whether there isn't a rule against Duggar-defined excessive hair washing (and showering, actually). I doubt JB wants to pay for a lot of water. And imagine what that hair does to drains and pipes.

It might be hard to escape calling an actual plumber if they washed their hair very often, I'd guess. And we know JB wouldn't want to pay for that. 

My family had rules like that. No more than two inches of water in the tub. No showers unless you'd been sprayed by a skunk or set on fire or something.

Females could wash their hair once a week and it had to be in the basement, where you could open the big floor drain or -- preference of TPTB -- dump your used water into buckets, carry it outside and dump it there (great fun in January)  

No shower, sink or mixing faucet down there either. Hair was washed in a dishpan that you carefully filled with a mix of near-boiling water from one faucet (which was about a foot from the water heater) and freezing water from the other. Sneaking a hair wash in the bathroom was occasionally done by females with shorter hair but dangerous, since you had to leave the door ajar, spies were always on the prowl for illicit activities, and, again, you couldn't use the shower. Good times. 

I'm not saying the Duggs are this extreme (all the people in charge of their house were born in the 20th century, not the 19th, for one thing). But I wouldn't be surprised if there are rules to offset excess water usage (not for environmental reasons, of course) and possible plumber calls. 

Plus, hygiene and a clean appearance doesn't seem to be of much concern to anybody. They spend very little time around regular people, so they probably don't see it as a norm.  I expect dirtier Duggars are more approved by the family authorities than ones seeking more cleanliness really. 

I could be wrong, but I think they went over the showering schedule in one of the early specials. I think what we were supposed to get out of it was that they didn't bathe every day because -- tee hee -- there are SO MANY of them. This was when they were younger and not when they had a house full of adolescents who bathed 1-2 times per week.

I also think there might have been a snippet in one of the later episodes about how the J'Slaves cared for their beautiful [sic] long tresses, and I recall that the washing was done in a sink or basin.

• Useful 5
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

These are indeed the lost girls.  I know this is a still of a video, but I like the look on Jennifer's face - like she's been over it for years and is plotting her escape once she turns 18.  I guess I can dream.....

On a shallower note, I look at these girls and see little to no resemblance to most of their siblings.  I see some Jana in Johanna and I know Josie is the image of young Michelle.  Maybe a little bit of Jessa in Jennifer?

Of these four, I hope one of them breaks away and comes back for the other three.

I don't see a happy ending for any of the youngest Duggars.

Their parents are long out of shits to give about any of them, and I don't see JB making any effort to arrange marriages for them unless there's something in it for him -- either the show, or some kind of political advantage. I don't think they'll "break away," so much as "drift away" instead. The "Lost Girls" moniker may have been given to them in jest, but it's probably the reality of their situation, too.

• Love 2

With regard to the showering situation, I also think that JB didn't want too much showering because it's less time being alone and naked and possibly masterbating. Which we can't have any of. 

• Love 15
21 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Why does he have a picture of himself as a child on his nightstand?

Why does he have the picture?

It's a picture that he thinks is cute?  He remembers when it was taken, and it's a special memory for him?  He's one of 19 kids and this is the closest he can come to having a picture just of him?

Why is it on his nightstand?

Where was he living at the time he posted it?  If he's at the TTH, his nightstand is probably the only space that's just for him.  If he's staying with someone else... Same reason.

There's also the darker possibility that he just said that to give the picture more of an emotional meaning to fans.  He's a Duggar.  They have lived their lives for the public for the last 13 years, and in that time they have been shown to lie, obfuscate, and pander to the public, all in the name of grifting Jesus.  He knows no better, it's how he was raised.

I prefer to think that it was something fun he and his brothers did together.  It's not unknown to have people recreate pictures later on.  I've got a family member who took pictures of her three young sons sitting on a rock wall overlooking the ocean.  She's got a few more pictures of the same kids sitting in the same order at the same spot, taken every few years.  They've never been posted online, though.  The family doesn't have strangers fans they need to keep engaged for a TV show

• Love 18
On 4/2/2021 at 9:03 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

And she did!

jjj.jpg

That one REALLY feels the need to let on that she's in the know for everything the Duggar boys do, isn't she? It's never enough to simply make a comment, no, she presses home that she KNOWS the Duggar boys.

Hilary, hun, you're a middle aged woman hankering after just out of puberty teenage boys. It's not becoming

• Love 20
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Hey, I grew up in a house with 5 kids, my parents and my grandfather.  And a single bathroom.  The house was over 100 years old.  The tub was one of those claw foot jobs and you could get 4-6 inches of water into it before the hot water was gone.  Due to the time it took for the water to heat up again, only maybe two of us could bathe in the evening.  No shower, just the tub.

And, yet, I managed to wash my face, brush my teeth and wash the rest of me in the sink daily, even when I couldn't take a bath.  So did my parents and all of my siblings and Grandpa.  Because that is how we were raised and that is what people do the world over.   In Europe and much of the rest of the world, hot water heaters are also small and many homes don't have central heat, so the bathroom is cold in the winter.  And, yet, people manage to keep themselves clean and wash themselves regularly.

I do volunteer work in El Salvador where people often don't have running water in their homes and have to haul it from the local school or town hall for washing.  And, yet, those people manage to keep themselves cleaner than the Duggars look.  Every little kid brought in to our clinics was practically shining with a clean face, clean hair and clean outfit, often their Sunday best, to see the American doctors.  Their parents would've been mortified for their kids to be out in public, at the church no less, looking less than perfect.

The Duggars are dirty and unkempt because the choose to be.

Yeah in the 1940s when my grandparents were growing up, they didn't have electricity, running water, or indoor plumbing, and they only did Saturday night baths, but they were still clean. Daily hygiene was still what you did. Bath night was just the only night you took a bath. I think the poor Duggar kids are dirty because nobody even gives a shit enough to instruct them, which is just so sad. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

That one REALLY feels the need to let on that she's in the know for everything the Duggar boys do, isn't she? It's never enough to simply make a comment, no, she presses home that she KNOWS the Duggar boys.

Hilary, hun, you're a middle aged woman hankering after just out of puberty teenage boys. It's not becoming

she does seem to like to imply she is in on the inside jokes with these young "dudes" - she loves the Bates bros and the Loganflying4jesus guy, the @gabenator - Gabriel Johnson, who filmed the Clairitin wedding and Travis Wickstrom, who seems to be a pal of Robby Spivey

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

18 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

she does seem to like to imply she is in on the inside jokes with these young "dudes" - she loves the Bates bros and the Loganflying4jesus guy, the @gabenator - Gabriel Johnson, who filmed the Clairitin wedding and Travis Wickstrom, who seems to be a pal of Robby Spivey

I look at it as symptomatic of a woman's lot in life trapped in this patriarchal prison.   By her age she can probably stop worrying about new blessings and diapers, yet at the same time the sum total of her purpose in life is over.   I can see these women reaching the summit and thinking, is this all there is, and then desperately scanning the horizon for something, anything that looks new and interesting.   I can understand thinking  how it would be way more interesting to plug into the wide open potential of being a young male with options in life ahead of you.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I look at it as symptomatic of a woman's lot in life trapped in this patriarchal prison.   By her age she can probably stop worrying about new blessings and diapers, yet at the same time the sum total of her purpose in life is over.   I can see these women reaching the summit and thinking, is this all there is, and then desperately scanning the horizon for something, anything that looks new and interesting.   I can understand thinking  how it would be way more interesting to plug into the wide open potential of being a young male with options in life ahead of you.

i agree to some extent. But it seems more she has a bunch more children to marry off and is feeling she has cracked the elite fundy circle and wants to stay there.

Jase surely is courting some girl near the Spivey's. He certainly did not "just walk through the door" unexpectedly at the Spivey's house a week after the Clairitin wedding to visit Hilaria or Robby

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i agree to some extent. But it seems more she has a bunch more children to marry off and is feeling she has cracked the elite fundy circle and wants to stay there.

Jase surely is courting some girl near the Spivey's. He certainly did not "just walk through the door" unexpectedly at the Spivey's house a week after the Clairitin wedding to visit Hilaria or Robby

Probably correct.

I wouldn't blame any of the Duggar's still sentenced to a term at the TTH to visit anywhere they were likely to get some decent meals, be able to sleep in a bed not in the cell block and maybe be able to take their own sweet time in a hot shower or soaking in a bubble bath just because they feel like it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Wait, when did Jason visit the Spiveys on his own? I've heard rumors that Jason is courting, in addition to Jana and Jeremiah. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Wait, when did Jason visit the Spiveys on his own? I've heard rumors that Jason is courting, in addition to Jana and Jeremiah. 

Posted March 7th:

5339A355-813E-44C3-A5FC-A04E5EDADCF9.jpeg

• Love 1

thanks @ginger90 for adding the pic

can any one get detail on the logo on Jase's hat. that will be the give away if it is some ranch in texas.

Justin wore the spivey construction shirt well before courting was announced it seems

4 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah in the 1940s when my grandparents were growing up, they didn't have electricity, running water, or indoor plumbing, and they only did Saturday night baths, but they were still clean. Daily hygiene was still what you did. Bath night was just the only night you took a bath. I think the poor Duggar kids are dirty because nobody even gives a shit enough to instruct them, which is just so sad. 

You might also spend time in the bathroom alone, so just stay dirty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

FA861E2B-FA5A-4E09-9E6C-72108E6AD78E.jpeg

Appears to sell sportsmen's gear.   "Shoot by sight.,  Walk by faith."   I'm thinking it's like visiting Magnolia for guys.

Appears they have a show on the Sportsman's channel.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Appears to sell sportsmen's gear.   "Shoot by sight.,  Walk by faith."   I'm thinking it's like visiting Magnolia for guys.

Appears they have a show on the Sportsman's channel.  

yes - and Jase has been pictured in the Woodsman orange t shirt as well. Austin is shown posing with a dead creature on their site. These manly men and their paying for hunting trips on a "ranch" I think austin was on the "ranch" in oklahoma for his photo op. JB has taken abunch of the boys to these trips.

but anyway false alarm on courting there

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Are there any details on who he is rumored to be courting? I think I've vaguely seen speculation/rumors he is courting but nothing as specific as for the two Left Behind twins. 

(edited)
8 hours ago, Zella said:

Are there any details on who he is rumored to be courting? I think I've vaguely seen speculation/rumors he is courting but nothing as specific as for the two Left Behind twins. 

In the lonely hearts thread, someone said that BuckVenture guy has two daughters. The thread had a pic of one. So maybe courtship with one of them?  Not sure where they live though. 

Edited by Tdoc72
Remembered which thread
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I can’t remember what thread it was on (possibly the sweet friends, Jed’s, or Justin’s) but someone said that BuckVenture guy has two daughters. The thread had a pic of one. So maybe courtship with one of them?  Not sure where they live though. 

I want to say Oklahoma. 

8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

In the lonely hearts thread, someone said that BuckVenture guy has two daughters. The thread had a pic of one. So maybe courtship with one of them?  Not sure where they live though. 

I have the storyline solution for the sinking ratings.   Duggar courtrship and wedding with one or both daughters of Buck Ventures guy.  

What's so riveting about another Duggar wedding or two?    You mean I'm the only one who wants to watch what happens if JB has a "falling out" with someone whose company motto is "Shoot by sight.  Walk by faith."?   

• LOL 12
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Translation: Where did these two come from? They must be the two who Josie always talks about.

Hahaha hahaha. Johannah kinda looks like Jana and Jenny doesn't look like anyone else in the family. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Hahaha hahaha. Johannah kinda looks like Jana and Jenny doesn't look like anyone else in the family. 

Johannah sometimes looks more like Joy to me. But yes, here she looks like Jana

And I agree, Jenny does not look like any of other sisters. That's actually interesting

Josie also does not look like other girls to me, more like Michelle

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Johannah sometimes looks more like Joy to me. But yes, here she looks like Jana

And I agree, Jenny does not look like any of other sisters. That's actually interesting

Josie also does not look like other girls to me, more like Michelle

I agree, Hannie, does have Jana and Joy traits, but I think Jenny and Jordyn have some of their traits as well, just in different ways. You could say Jenny is like the Jill of the bunch, they don't really resemble their sisters, but in many pictures they surprisingly do. And Josie is Michelle's mini-me.

• Love 3

I feel like Michelle asking this, but which girl is which? (I can't identify any of the younger girls on sight, except for Josie.) 

They're both really pretty. I can see a bit of Joy's face shape in both of them. The one on the left also looks a lot like Jana. And the one on the right looks a lot like Justin, actually, to me. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I feel like Michelle asking this, but which girl is which? (I can't identify any of the younger girls on sight, except for Josie.) 

They're both really pretty. I can see a bit of Joy's face shape in both of them. The one on the left also looks a lot like Jana. And the one on the right looks a lot like Justin, actually, to me. 

On the left, facing the screen, is Hannie, the other is Jenny.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It doesn't hurt to start shopping early!

Someone posted earlier that JB is "getting stricter" with the girls, and it's also been reported that he had a fairly serious case of COVID. If JB is worrying about his mortality, he's not going to want to miss the opportunity to meddle in the lost girls' marriages. I could easily see him wangling some kind of "biblical betrothal" nonsense for the younger girls with the expectation that they would marry at 18.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

On the left, facing the screen, is Hannie, the other is Jenny.

2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Johanna looks like a young, female version of Josh to me. Someone else pointed that out a while ago and I will apparently never be able to unsee it.

I will show myself to the remedial section.   I genuinely read @rue721's comment, scrolled back up to @GeeGolly's comment to try and figure out which girl was being compared to Josh, thought to myself, wait, there's only two girls in the picture, if one is Hannie and one is Jenny, how do I know what Johanna looks like?

Felling like I might be an alum of SOTDRT trying to get the players sorted in my mind.

• LOL 8