Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Can nothing be just a memory anymore? Pee sticks and now breast milk?!

You fucking fed your kid. Something you'll be doing for the next 18+ years. A requirement of the job called parenting.

I'm not sure what this breastmilk jewelry is supposed to represent - mother child bond, sacrifice, accomplishment? Like what the actual fuck?!

This is not the same as a lock of hair from the first haircut or the first lost tooth. This about some random milliliter of milk expressed out of a boob.

Amy's uncomfortable, tacky, mini crystal ball thing she calls a ring, is really only one step removed in looks and function from a Ring Pop. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 18
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I checked out some prices on these oh so special rings and it seems like $300-$800 is the average.  I realize that I am just a bleeding-heart liberal. but why not take that money and donate to a charity that feeds kids who don't have enough to eat?

in Amy's case, maybe she could have used the money to pay the delinquent taxes on her home

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9

Ughhh....not breast milk jewelry! I have a close friend who proudly posted her breast milk "pearl" necklace charm on Facebook awhile back. She viewed it as a necessary commemoration of the hard work she did in breastfeeding. I don't understand why the growing child in front of you is not commemoration enough of one's sacrifices as a parent. Creating jewelry out of one's own bodily fluids is just beyond me.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

in Amy's case, maybe she could have used the money to pay the delinquent taxes on her home

Notice her hand is resting on a Louis bag. Could be a fake, but it doesn't seem like rendering unto Caesar is Amy's first priority. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Distressed sweaters are in style right now. I'm guessing the pandemic helped leaning into the comfy relaxed trends.

I do not have a problem with someone wearing a favorite comfy sweater that's seen better days,  but, I will never understand anyone wearing stuff that is new but manufactured to look old.  

• Love 14
On 1/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I can't get over her posting that with the holey sweater.  Maybe it's an old hand-me-down or gift she got that has sentimental value or something.

Maybe it's an old one she keeps in the car in case she goes out thinking she doesn't need a jacket but finds herself colder than she expected. The cuff looks to be in bad shape too.

• Love 3

I'm a little younger than Amy and while distressed sweaters aren't my style, they are a thing for sure. Her sweater definitely has that intentional distressed look (that includes the cuff, which has a very regular pattern/look to it). I'm pretty sure it's not some really old or worn-out thing.

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

r7ki0qyzu5c61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The dark hair looks nice on her. Social media breaks can be nice, but I wonder how long this will last for her. Don’t get me wrong- she can take as short or as long a break as she wants, (no judgment) but without SM would she still be relevant? Is she making any money from it? Or is she done on the Duggar gravy train?

Whatever is best for her and her family she should do. 

• Love 7

That whole "with everyone entitled to their own opinion" is a bit much for Amy? lol

Not quite sure what she meant by that, but it reads like she only wants to see posts that share her opinion. How gracious of her.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That whole "with everyone entitled to their own opinion" is a bit much for Amy? lol

Not quite sure what she meant by that, but it reads like she only wants to see posts that share her opinion. How gracious of her.

I thought the same thing.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I thought the same thing.

Yes, I was trying to think of what to say about that last night and gave up, but it's a real asshole take. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If still doesn't read well. She wants an echo chamber of "real" stuff. Whatever her definition of "real" is. 

If you open up your SM to thousands of strangers, you’re going to get all kinds of different opinions. If you don’t want that, make it private. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 10
On 1/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, ouinason said:

I think she really meant "with everyone thinking they need to share their opinion".  

If that's true, its only slightly better. I'm guessing she puts her stuff out there because she loves the positive feedback. So we're kind of back to her only wanting agreeable posts.

I totally get her becoming tired of the off the wall, have nothing to do anything, negative posts, but that's part of the game.

• Love 5

I read Amy's "everyone's entitled to their own opinion" bit in the context of the rest of the sentence mentioning fake news and politics...as in, she was tired of the constant fake news being shared as fact and political arguments and people feeling entitled to their own opinion regardless of what the actual facts are. I can't disagree with that, if that is indeed what she meant. Opinions that fly in the face of facts and evidence that are presented as equally valid make me angry and frustrated. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, thehorseofpower said:

I read Amy's "everyone's entitled to their own opinion" bit in the context of the rest of the sentence mentioning fake news and politics...as in, she was tired of the constant fake news being shared as fact and political arguments and people feeling entitled to their own opinion regardless of what the actual facts are. I can't disagree with that, if that is indeed what she meant. Opinions that fly in the face of facts and evidence that are presented as equally valid make me angry and frustrated. 

I have a sneaking suspicion Amy has a shaky grasp on distinguishing between fact and opinion herself, though. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Zella said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Amy has a shaky grasp on distinguishing between fact and opinion herself, though. 

Ha...no disagreement there! I may agree with the overall sentiment but I suspect it would end there if I ever actually talked to her...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

0F23053F-0A8A-4355-8B7F-4284E5102F8C.jpeg

Lady, you did a reality show about how your relationship sucked within a year of your marriage. It doesn’t take much for the imagination to wander. Plus, it seem more like a marriage of convenience and settling then love. But don’t worry, you’ve got a few more years before the inevitable divorce. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Is Amy really comparing herself to Meghan Markle?? I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head. 

I opted for a snort laugh. For real, Amy? For real? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2