Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

How close are Jim Bob and his sister now, after their mom's passing? Has anyone spotted them together often since? I highly doubt that JB and Michelle approved of Deanna's earlier life circumstances. I think they 'accepted' Deanna because of Mary. I thought that for years. Now that Mary is out of the picture, Jim Bob and Michelle's true feelings will come to light simply by their party guest lists and family 'get togethers'. I doubt Amy and Deanna will be included much.

• Love 2

Deanna is also bound by an NDA, which is why I think JB tried to pull a fast one on them when they were grieving the loss of Mary. Deanna never mentions her brother or his family. 

You remember correctly, @Zella. Derelict said that he refused to sign an NDA last year. I assume this is the same timing as the Amy/Deanna NDAs. And yes, Amy called them NDAs.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Zella said:

Yes I could see this! And I do agree with you that there had to be some incentive for her to sign, regardless of how she feels about it now. 

I wonder if perhaps Mary had loaned Amy and Dillon some money to start their businesses.  We know they've got some financial problems that have been dogging them for a couple of years.  If Mary loaned them some money, there's no way JB wouldn't have known since he's always been up in his mother's financial business and there's no way he wouldn't have insisted on a loan repayment plan with interest and all of it written down.  Now, when Mary was alive, she could control things and could waive payments or simply tear their checks up; but. once she was gone, all bets were off and surely JB wouldn't be so forgiving.  Meanwhile, one option for Amy to pay back the money would be to shop around some very private and embarrassing details about JB and Michelle who, I suspect, were not altogether kind and loving to the rest of the family.  So, JB decided on a quid pro quo.  Amy, Dillon and Deanna sign an NDA to prevent them from selling the juicy story and the loan paperwork ends up in the shredder and the loan is forgiven.  Deanna would've done it in a heartbeat and I don't think Dillon and Amy had much choice in the matter, they needed some breathing room.  Meanwhile, Derick and Jill were offered some sort of incentive, possibly financial, to do the same; but Derick is just not that desperate.

I don't put it past JB to do whatever it takes to keep his skeletons firmly in the closet.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
On 9/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Wait, they had a lien placed on their house and opened the cigar place a few months later? A business that notoriously doesn’t turn a profit right away? Mkay.

They must be in a shit-ton of debt. I can't imagine either business is anywhere close to being profitable. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Who are the girls in the back seat? The girls have "friends" outside of the compound?

The one peeking out from behind Johannah is the mysterious cousin Emily, who Anna scrubbed from her Instagram awhile back when it was rumored she was the live-in help for the M-kids. Not sure who the other girl is. But yes, I do think the younger Duggars have a much wider friend circle than the older Duggars had when they were that age. I've seen some Instagrams of some of their teenage friends, and one girl had a bunch of videos of hanging out at the TTH with the younger Howlers/ older Lost Girls, and it all looked so oddly normal... Of course I'm sure their friends carefully vetted that they're the right kind of Christians and all that, but it didn't seem as heavily chaperoned as one might expect...

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Jills body language in that photo- similar to the photo at Lauren’s baby shower- looking uncomfortable, arms crossed over the body, hands clenched. 

• Love 6

It looks as though Michelle is sitting right next to Jill (and moved to take the picture). On purpose? Because she misses her? To be right there to remind her to keep in line? Or just happened to work out that way?

I'm guessing maybe Jessa and Ben split the kids to give everyone a break, but Ivy never leaves Jessa's side. I get that she's nursing, but Ivy is over a year and certainly can go for a time without it. I so looked forward to the rare times when I got a short break from my kids. It looks like Joy got a little break.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Who are the girls in the back seat? The girls have "friends" outside of the compound?

Johanna looks like she's 18 in that picture, wow.

Seems like the family must know either an actual Gothard-related or a Gothard-similar group of families with teen daughters in their general area these days. (and maybe are cultivating these friendships a lot lately as a potential source of some marriage partners for the gazillion kids they'll soon be wanting to marry off?)

I remember pictures of Hannie doing local anti-abortion protesting (?) with some teen girls (all a bit older than Hannie, probably?). And then there's at least one girl (maybe two?) who's been in photos that also included her, I think. Girls in this apparent group have spoken of Anna as being an important part of the godly portion of their lives and in one case as a great personal mentor -- which that girl said she'll be paying back by being a personal mentor to Hannie. (Makes me shudder, since I can just imagine what these "mentorships" consist of. "God'll really love you best if you stay married to a cheating, deadbeat husband and have a zillion children with him!!!")

Edited by Churchhoney
On 10/11/2020 at 4:09 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

The one peeking out from behind Johannah is the mysterious cousin Emily, who Anna scrubbed from her Instagram awhile back when it was rumored she was the live-in help for the M-kids. Not sure who the other girl is. But yes, I do think the younger Duggars have a much wider friend circle than the older Duggars had when they were that age. I've seen some Instagrams of some of their teenage friends, and one girl had a bunch of videos of hanging out at the TTH with the younger Howlers/ older Lost Girls, and it all looked so oddly normal... Of course I'm sure their friends carefully vetted that they're the right kind of Christians and all that, but it didn't seem as heavily chaperoned as one might expect...

Lot more awe-struck families now the Duggars are "famous" compared to when the J'Slaves were growing up.

Let's not forget that the J'Slaves were carrying the burden for a mega family so a bit hard to make time for sweet friends. 

I do wonder if any of the four harbor resentment towards their younger siblings for being able to have an actual childhood. Only Jessa looks headed towards a large family out of the four. It's definitely out of the realm of possibility for Jana, Jill, and Jinger. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Lot more awe-struck families now the Duggars are "famous" compared to when the J'Slaves were growing up.

Let's not forget that the J'Slaves were carrying the burden for a mega family so a bit hard to make time for sweet friends. 

I do wonder if any of the four harbor resentment towards their younger siblings for being able to have an actual childhood. Only Jessa looks headed towards a large family out of the four. It's definitely out of the realm of possibility for Jana, Jill, and Jinger. 

Jinger was 14 and Jana was 18 when the show got picked up for regular seasons. Before that it was one or two episodes a year. From Jackson on down, they've always been on a show. Although the younger ones appear less often now, I'm not sure they have private childhoods either. And the four youngest girls, plus Mac made a CD.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jinger was 14 and Jana was 18 when the show got picked up for regular seasons. Before that it was one or two episodes a year. From Jackson on down, they've always been on a show. Although the younger ones appear less often now, I'm not sure they have private childhoods either. And the four youngest girls, plus Mac made a CD.

They had more of a private childhood due to 19K&C ending and their older siblings marrying/reproducing. It hasn't been fully private but probably more than had 19K&C not been rebranded as Counting On.

Not too much longer though and they will be expected to help carry Counting On as well. Gotta start pulling their weight within the family. A few more siblings will have gotten fired and/or quit by then. 

I've given up on the show ever getting canceled. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The younger kids have far less privacy, but I think what @PikaScrewChu was getting at, was that the younger ones have more of a childhood because they have less physical work to do in the care of younger siblings and the running of the mega household. 

Johannah will never have the childcare responsibilities Jana and Jill had (even if she helps out her sisters with their broods), JD and Joe had more physical work to do around the home than Jackson will have. Especially since Jana is still here, even though the older kids are having families and bringing the little ones over, they do go home, AND there are more "parents" per child. There is not a constant stream of babies and toddlers that need 24/7 attention on the shoulders of teenage girls. 

• Love 13

Also, the Lost Girls will never have to be responsible for years and years of waking babies during the night.  Michelle couldn't be bothered to tend to her own babies' needs at night.  She needed her beauty sleep after a night of unprotected sex.

Some of those oldest girls even had to sleep with their baby siblings.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

The younger kids have far less privacy, but I think what @PikaScrewChu was getting at, was that the younger ones have more of a childhood because they have less physical work to do in the care of younger siblings and the running of the mega household. 

Johannah will never have the childcare responsibilities Jana and Jill had (even if she helps out her sisters with their broods), JD and Joe had more physical work to do around the home than Jackson will have. Especially since Jana is still here, even though the older kids are having families and bringing the little ones over, they do go home, AND there are more "parents" per child. There is not a constant stream of babies and toddlers that need 24/7 attention on the shoulders of teenage girls. 

That's precisely what I was getting at. You could argue that Joy got more of a childhood than her four older sisters. Not nearly to the level of Hannie, Jenni, Jordyn, and Josie but she didn't have the level of responsibility that the J'Slaves did for very long.

Jackson is now 16 and he's still lumped in as a "little kid" with Tyler in the family. That would have been unthinkable for JD, Joe, and Josiah. Even Smuggar was "working" at 16. Jackson is the only Howler left to discuss on this thread (unless we are counting Tyler as an honorary Howler...)

• Love 10
On 10/11/2020 at 11:59 PM, awaken said:

Jills body language in that photo- similar to the photo at Lauren’s baby shower- looking uncomfortable, arms crossed over the body, hands clenched. 

Precisely my thoughts looking at the picture.

• Love 1
On 10/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, BitterApple said:

Hannie and Jenni are beautiful girls. It's so weird how the Duggars produced pretty daughters but such derpy looking boys. How does that happen? 

I've wondered that myself.  The girls as they get older have each grown into their own version of pretty/attractive, and to be sure I think each Duggar girl is very pretty in her own right.  But the boys each look like a slice of Wonder Bread (with Josh being the squished lumpy end of the loaf that no one wants).  I wonder if they'd seem more attractive if they had been allowed to develop their own personalities.

On the other hand, the Bates boys are conventionally attractive but all seem like massive douche-canoes, so who knows.

P.S. I'm sitting here laughing to myself at the word "derpy." 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I've wondered that myself.  The girls, as they get older, have each grown into their own version of pretty/attractive, and to be sure I think each Duggar girl is very pretty in her own right.  But the boys each look like a slice of Wonder Bread (with Josh being the squished lumpy end of the loaf that no one wants).  I wonder if they'd seem more attractive if they had been allowed to develop their own personalities.

On the other hand, the Bates boys are conventionally attractive but all seem like massive douche-canoes, so who knows.

Personally- I think women do more to alter their appearance than men do, and are allowed to express our personality visually which makes women more interesting to look at. 

Given none of the Duggar sons have particularly striking features, are prone to male pattern baldness (which can age men quite quickly), and don’t develop their bodies in an athletic manner they end up looking like a group of non descriptive brown haired white men. 

Feature wise I think Josiah and Jer are the best looking. Josiah had a spark to his eyes that they killed. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I've wondered that myself.  The girls as they get older have each grown into their own version of pretty/attractive, and to be sure I think each Duggar girl is very pretty in her own right.  But the boys each look like a slice of Wonder Bread (with Josh being the squished lumpy end of the loaf that no one wants).  I wonder if they'd seem more attractive if they had been allowed to develop their own personalities.

P.S. I'm sitting here laughing to myself at the word "derpy." 

I love that someone else besides me uses the term Douche Canoe for Duggars and there kind

• Love 3

It was sadly known that Jana was sharing her bed with a 3 year old Josie. Just awful IMO. I agree that the younger children were let off the hook in the childcare, household duties as they didn't have the younger ones after them to care for. Michelle was/is one lazy woman who never really grew up; she never developed cooking/housekeeping skills. She struggled as a young housewife to keep her household going and then she had the laundry room breakdown and gave up. JB saw that she couldn't handle it so they handed the responsibilities to the girls....yet, they kept adding babies to the mix. Illogical and stupid of them IMO. God does not love them any better for continually reproducing. I believe He wants us to be good parents to the children we have and can care for properly.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

It was sadly known that Jana was sharing her bed with a 3 year old Josie. Just awful IMO. I agree that the younger children were let off the hook in the childcare, household duties as they didn't have the younger ones after them to care for. Michelle was/is one lazy woman who never really grew up; she never developed cooking/housekeeping skills. She struggled as a young housewife to keep her household going and then she had the laundry room breakdown and gave up. JB saw that she couldn't handle it so they handed the responsibilities to the girls....yet, they kept adding babies to the mix. Illogical and stupid of them IMO. God does not love them any better for continually reproducing. I believe He wants us to be good parents to the children we have and can care for properly.

I agree. If JB and Michelle were actually emotionally responsible people who just happened to be very fertile, when Michelle had her laundry room break down they would've gotten her help (mental/emotional as well as physical help LIKE A NANNY/HOUSEKEEPER) and STOPPED having children.

Joe would've been the last and another adult would've helped her run the household. Not that Jana/JD/Jill wouldn't have had "responsibilities" the oldest children in large families always do, but it would've been reasonable and not all encompassing. (Im not including Josh because he is a douche). There'd be no howlers and lost girls to be raised by their older sisters (not trying to wish them out of existence but that doesn't make JB and Michelle any less irresponsible).

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

hey would've gotten her help (mental/emotional as well as physical help LIKE A NANNY/HOUSEKEEPER)

I mean they did grift that 'Nana' lady. That's as close as control freaks will let outsiders in.

• LOL 2

Oh, Lord. If that post Amy received had more Capital Letters, Jesus talk, and exclamation points, it could absolutely be from JillR, pushing herself and Plexus. SM can be such a swamp and that's just one example. Ugh. Imma go onto IG and post a supportive comment to Amy, I think.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Typical of the Duggar leghumpers. Every time one of the Duggar daughters or daughters-in-law have a baby, they get a ton of responses saying "The new baby is so cute! I can't wait until they have another one!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I feel like I want to tell that poster - Amy is 34 and has one child, she's fine.

17 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wonder if the poster was being sarcastic? Four babies by age 20 seems a little bit of an extreme example. 

Yeah, if that's the standard, then Kendra is falling behind.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I wonder if the poster was being sarcastic? Four babies by age 20 seems a little bit of an extreme example. 

I thought it was sarcasm. If not then maybe the poster meant by age 30? The only way a virginal woman who got married at 18 could have four babies by 20 is if she had multiples. 

Okay, I worked it out and technically if she got married on her 18th birthday, got pregnant that day, and had a baby every nine months, she would have her fourth baby the month before her 21st birthday. So, physically it could happen but realistically she'd probably be 21-22 before she had her fourth.

Edited by Nysha
Obsessive number challenge
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't tell if that person is trolling or serious.

I can’t either, but I know when I had only one child pretty much everyone in the world felt entitled to comment on it, and to tell me I’d be fine having another (I would not have been fine). Then we acquired four other kids more or less by accident, and no one was happy with that, either. There’s no pleasing the kind of people who want to judge people’s family size and composition. If I were Amy, I’d be deeply irritated by this. 

• Love 19
33 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I can’t either, but I know when I had only one child pretty much everyone in the world felt entitled to comment on it, and to tell me I’d be fine having another (I would not have been fine). Then we acquired four other kids more or less by accident, and no one was happy with that, either. There’s no pleasing the kind of people who want to judge people’s family size and composition. If I were Amy, I’d be deeply irritated by this. 

Yes , if she was being sarcastic ,unless she was a very close friend of Amy's and this was a joke between them, it just is not funny.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Amy said it was sent to 3130, and from there she sent it to herself.

Well, that’s not self-serving at all They make this thing called a screenshot...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5