Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

uhso4okkzkk51.jpg

Josie: Wait, what’s going on? I thought there was going to be finger painting?

Hannie: Well, there’s never going to be anything but babies in our lives and I’m resigned to that.

Jordyn: I hate all of these people and one day they will pay.

Jenni: Life has no meaning. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
On 9/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, Panopticon said:

Josie: Wait, what’s going on? I thought there was going to be finger painting?

Hannie: Well, there’s never going to be anything but babies in our lives and I’m resigned to that.

Jordyn: I hate all of these people and one day they will pay.

Jenni: Life has no meaning. 

I think you hit the nail on the head.  The faces of girls totally depressed by what they see as their future.  I hope they all get as far away as possible as soon as they turn 18.

• Love 18
21 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

e9e3x5yqwrl51.jpg

Nope, nope, nope. Can't make me listen to that.

"The Duggar Girls." How sad to be just lumped into a herd by sex. They really did everything they could to keep their kids from developing as individuals.

1 hour ago, questionfear said:

Yea if even one person thought I was doing anything like that to my kid, I'd put the world on blast to let them know there's no way in hell I'd do that, so I don't blame Amy if she was upset enough by someone thinking that to clarify it. 

Sometimes I think Amy purposely puts herself out there to cause trouble, but in this case she's 100% justified IMO. 

I would imagine it would be a pretty maddening for Amy to be lumped in together with the rest of the Duggars when it comes to their more bizarre behaviors, especially when it comes to child rearing practices. I'm sure her kid will go to public school, will be allowed to play with whatever toys he wants, will be encouraged to dance and sing and enjoy music and will be able to play with girls and boys as he grows.  I just hope that, in talking about blanket training, Amy isn't implying that any of her cousins use it either.  

• Love 15

in a bizarre twist in looking at duggar properties today to see if Justin "bought" a house. I saw the IRS has a lien on amy and dillion for over $50,000 in back taxes. from 2016 and 2017 so the penalties are the biggest part.

the lien was placed 3/9/2020

there is also a certificate of indebtedness on file from feb 2019 from state of arkansas

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 9
17 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean, I agree with Amy and all...

But I wonder what prompted her to post this?

She may also be standing up for Jill. IIRC Derick has used the word abuse on tweets. I do know that Michelle didn’t start blanket training until Bert and Ernie. That does not mean that it didn’t affect all the other kids. I’m rather impressed with Amy’s post. For all her fame whore ways it speaks volumes that she waited until her beloved grandmother passed away. It sure didn’t stop Boob from bad mouthing his father and sister while Mary was alive. 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, SMama said:

She may also be standing up for Jill. IIRC Derick has used the word abuse on tweets. I do know that Michelle didn’t start blanket training until Bert and Ernie. That does not mean that it didn’t affect all the other kids. I’m rather impressed with Amy’s post. For all her fame whore ways it speaks volumes that she waited until her beloved grandmother passed away. It sure didn’t stop Boob from bad mouthing his father and sister while Mary was alive. 

She also had her own son last year. She became a mother about a year ago and that seems to have made her more outspoken. Her son is getting to the age where blanket-training would start. It may have more to do with that than Mary's passing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

But I wonder what prompted her to post this?

Jill's been opening up about what REALLY went on in that house with her. Remember, Amy always had supervised visits.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Jill and Derick bound Izzy in a blanket more than once and posted the pictures on SM. I realize true blanket training is tempting your child with a toy and swatting them when they leave the blanket to get it, but Derick & Jill won't win any prizes for their first year raising their "spoiled" child.

Its probably best Amy does not mention the Dillards with this.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SMama said:

LOL I knew exactly who you were talking about! 😂😂 But it only works if you mention the two of them together.

It probably is all a combination of Jill sharing with Amy, Mary's passing, and Amy's son becoming of age. Count me in who believes that Amy may not have had any idea about the blanket training until Jill talked about it with her. My impression of Amy's experience with IBLP is that she may have done a few things but not become completely entrenched, and thus would not have had the same knowledge.

• Love 5

In interviews, Amy has stated her father was abusive toward her. This could contribute to her wanting to squash the blanket training talk.

Amy and her husband are putting their house on the market. Perhaps that’s how they will pay off the lien.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Amy and her husband are putting their house on the market. Perhaps that’s how they will pay off the lien.

That was my first thought. I knew about them putting the house on the market before I knew about the liens. 

Don't forget, Amy has had an NDA slapped on her by JB. She can't directly speak about her cousins, save Jill.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That was my first thought. I knew about them putting the house on the market before I knew about the liens. 

Don't forget, Amy has had an NDA slapped on her by JB. She can't directly speak about her cousins, save Jill.

joy and austin own the property on both sides so let's guess who buys/ends up with amy and dillon's house

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2

mary owned all three properties one went to amy and dillion and the other 2 went from mary to the JB and michelle trust and then quit claim to Joy and Austin. all 3 are on a side road next to the Duggar Luxury RV resort site

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

That's a good point about Amy becoming a mother--that very well could have played a role in her becoming more outspoken about her Duggar relations. It also wouldn't surprise me if Jill becoming estranged from the family played a role too. In the past couple of years, there's been a lot of changes for Amy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's a good point about Amy becoming a mother--that very well could have played a role in her becoming more outspoken about her Duggar relations. It also wouldn't surprise me if Jill becoming estranged from the family played a role too. In the past couple of years, there's been a lot of changes for Amy. 

To be clear, she can only talk about her Duggar relations in very vague terms. Boob had both Amy and Deanna sign NDAs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

To be clear, she can only talk about her Duggar relations in very vague terms. Boob had both Amy and Deanna sign NDAs.

Has that been confirmed? If so, I strongly suspect that JB's tradeoff for settling Mom's estate was an NDA, which is pretty despicable. Otherwise, I'm not sure why either one would agree to it. 

• Love 6

It really doesn't make sense to me, either. Granted, I am kind of paranoid about NDAs after reading the Ronan Farrow and Kantor/Tuohy books about Weinstein earlier this year, which delved a lot into abusive NDAs to silence people. 

My guess--and it is purely a guess--is that he may have made it a requirement for her getting whatever from her grandma's estate if he was the executor. I don't think it's something she ordinarily would have agreed to, so I think there must have been something she really wanted in exchange for it (and as close as she was to her grandmother, I could see things connected to Mary having great sentimental value for her) AND I think she would have to be sufficiently emotional enough about whatever it was to not immediately respond to the request with "um, no, never." I think grief over the tragic way that Mary passed and the fact that a lot of people can be pretty ignorant about the ins-and-outs of settling estates may have made her more vulnerable to agreeing because I'm sure if she had consulted with an attorney, they would have urged her not to sign and/or would have told her that the executor can't add their own requirements.

As I said, this is all purely conjecture on my part. But I'm not sure under what other circumstances she would make that decision to sign. However, I could see it being a snap decision born out of ignorance and grief that she immediately regretted after a short period of time. 

But @emmawoodhouse brings up an excellent point in that what is Jim Bob's incentive in apparently wanting one? What else could possibly be knocking around as a skeleton in his closet that he's that determined to cover up? Unless it's just a power trip, which I wouldn't rule out for him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Amy brought up blanket training without even mentioning the Duggars, so I would think the NDA is not in violation. It's enough for those of us who know the Duggars well enough to connect the dots, but at the same time she does not explicitly mention the Duggars. She still didn't have to mention anything at all, and yet she did.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Zella said:

It really doesn't make sense to me, either. Granted, I am kind of paranoid about NDAs after reading the Ronan Farrow and Kantor/Tuohy books about Weinstein earlier this year, which delved a lot into abusive NDAs to silence people. 

My guess--and it is purely a guess--is that he may have made it a requirement for her getting whatever from her grandma's estate if he was the executor. I don't think it's something she ordinarily would have agreed to, so I think there must have been something she really wanted in exchange for it (and as close as she was to her grandmother, I could see things connected to Mary having great sentimental value for her) AND I think she would have to be sufficiently emotional enough about whatever it was to not immediately respond to the request with "um, no, never." I think grief over the tragic way that Mary passed and the fact that a lot of people can be pretty ignorant about the ins-and-outs of settling estates may have made her more vulnerable to agreeing because I'm sure if she had consulted with an attorney, they would have urged her not to sign and/or would have told her that the executor can't add their own requirements.

As I said, this is all purely conjecture on my part. But I'm not sure under what other circumstances she would make that decision to sign. However, I could see it being a snap decision born out of ignorance and grief that she immediately regretted after a short period of time. 

But @emmawoodhouse brings up an excellent point in that what is Jim Bob's incentive in apparently wanting one? What else could possibly be knocking around as a skeleton in his closet that he's that determined to cover up? Unless it's just a power trip, which I wouldn't rule out for him. 

When was the last time Amy was on Counting On? An NDA may have been a requirement for appearing. 

• Love 1

I was thinking that while legally I doubt Jim Bob could make settling the estate dependent on signing an NDA, he could possibly make it a condition of Amy going to the TTH or attending any event with the minor children.  He could theoretically tie it to production of the TV show as birthdays and such might be filmed.  

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I was thinking that while legally I doubt Jim Bob could make settling the estate dependent on signing an NDA, he could possibly make it a condition of Amy going to the TTH or attending any event with the minor children.  He could theoretically tie it to production of the TV show as birthdays and such might be filmed.  

That's true. I do want to clarify that I never thought the tying of the estate settlement to an NDA was legal. In fact, as I noted in my original post, the executor doesn't have the power to make additional conditions--they're supposed to be fulfilling the wishes set forth by the deceased, not adding their own. But I do think it is a gambit I could see him pulling, hoping that she would be ignorant enough of the norms and distraught enough to agree to it without thinking or consulting a lawyer to tell her no. 

Am I delusional or didn't Derick also claim around the same time there was an NDA he refused to sign? 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if Amy misused the term non-disclosure agreement and actually signed a personal confidentiality agreement, which is more often used for non business dealings, a legal pinky swear. She obviously would have needed to benefit somehow or it would be silly to sign it. What that benefit is, is a mystery.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm wondering if Amy misused the term non-disclosure agreement and actually personal confidentiality agreement, which is more often used for non business dealings, a legal pinky swear. She obviously would have needed to benefit somehow or it would be silly to sign it. What that benefit is, is a mystery.

Yes I could see this! And I do agree with you that there had to be some incentive for her to sign, regardless of how she feels about it now. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm wondering if Amy misused the term non-disclosure agreement and actually signed a personal confidentiality agreement, which is more often used for non business dealings, a legal pinky swear. She obviously would have needed to benefit somehow or it would be silly to sign it. What that benefit is, is a mystery.

Getting to see her minor cousins at the TTH and attend their events? Amy was very close to Joy, who's legally an adult but likely she cares about her relationship with some of the other Duggar cousins (outside of Jill and Joy-Anna). She may have been trying to keep the peace so that her son (Daxxon?) could see his second cousins- Amy is an only child I can see her Duggar cousin relationships being meaningful to her even if she thinks her uncle is a douche-nozzle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5