Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I mean, they're dressed appropriately for working on lawn mowers, so kudos for that, but nothing about this picture screams "keeping cool."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Portia said:

I mean, they're dressed appropriately for working on lawn mowers, so kudos for that, but nothing about this picture screams "keeping cool."

Yup. Two ice creams and a truck bed full on sun heated water.

• LOL 5

Good for Amy! If she has any contact with her cousins, aside from Jill, she doesn't post about it.

Given Mary's estate, I have to think that Deanna is still stuck dealing with her brother on some level. I'm sure she keeps such interactions as short and sweet as possible. 

• Love 10

Has Amy even appeared on the show since the Counting On reboot? If so, I don't recall. Her TLC NDA should be long expired.

According to Derelict, Boob tried to get him to sign an NDA just last year. They haven't been on CO for over 3 years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

My guess is if Amy signed an NDA, it was recent and probably connected to something about Mary's estate. I've said this before, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mary's presence made various members of the family keep the peace with each other. Once she was gone, there may have no longer been an incentive for Amy and JB to even pretend to like each other. I wouldn't put it past JB to basically say if you want any share in your grandmother's possessions, you need to sign on the dotted line. Otherwise, I don't know what incentive she would have had to sign. 

• Love 14

I'm pretty sure Deanna also has an NDA, so being tied to Mary's estate is a very good read on what the dynamics are. But I'm surprised that Mary didn't name Deanna a co-trustee. She seemed to be favored over Boob. But penis, I guess. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure Deanna also has an NDA, so being tied to Mary's estate is a very good read on what the dynamics are. But I'm surprised that Mary didn't name Deanna a co-trustee. She seemed to be favored over Boob. But penis, I guess. 

That is interesting. Maybe she and her husband had an irrevocable trust, so there was no taking JB off, no matter what? 

It also wouldn't surprise me if he pulled a fast one and had talked his mother into making him the sole executor. If I was in Mary's position, I probably would have picked an attorney over JB. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jon and Kate’s were 10 years.

Amy was a bit player. I doubt they locked her down for 10 years. Besides, when referring to it, she references Boob, not TLC. 

It also appears that Derelict's TLC NDA had also expired if Boob w was trying to lock him down last year. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That wasn't TLC. That was part of their divorce agreement.

Nope.  The TLC NDA lasted 10 years.  

Since then Jon, Hannah and Collin have lived an open and happy life without the harpy and TLC suppressing their collective voices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Nope.  The TLC NDA lasted 10 years.  

Since then Jon, Hannah and Collin have lived an open and happy life without the harpy and TLC suppressing their collective voices.

We've discussed this in the past. 

"Kate Plus 8 star Kate Gosselin‘s ex-husband, Jon Gosselin, has been under a court ordered gag order for the past 10 years. So, Jon was unable to speak publicly about Kate. Now the gag order has expired, and Jon is telling some of Kate’s secrets."

"Today, with his gag order lifted, he sits down with Dr. Oz to set the record straight and tell his side of the story.  He opens up like never before about allegations of cheating, abandonment, child abuse, and what he says really happened behind the scenes."

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Interesting because of Jill's long silence on SM

I'm taking this as a good sign. If there was something bad going on Amy wouldn't have posted a cheery message complete with picture of an alcoholic beverage. I'm assuming Jill is either taking a break, or they went away and didn't post because they don't want a backlash. 

• Love 9

Derelict implied that they had "drinks" in his thank you post to Dillon and Amy. They had a full meal, so his adding drinks as a separate item is how normal people would reference adult beverages. I think real drinks were consumed by the Dillards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Did Derick ever reference consuming alcohol before now? The U of A kind of has a reputation as a party school, and it wouldn't surprise me if he'd feel excluded from social events for other law students if he didn't drink.

I'm not much of a drinker and have a lot weird hang-ups when I do drink (seriously, I'm really annoying to drink with), so I missed out on quite a few socializing events when I was at the U of A in grad school. My classmates were nice about it every time I made my excuses to not be there, but that was the primary form of hanging out, so I missed out on a lot of shared experiences with everyone else because I was too embarrassed to tell my classmates that coming from a family of alcoholics really gave me some fucked-up complexes about drinking.

In any event, I just assume the law school had the same atmosphere.

• Love 9
On 8/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m glad Jill has Amy in her life.  I know many snark on her, but I like Amy. She seems fun, authentic, caring and like she is genuinely interested in having a relationship with her cousin. She hasn’t made any more missteps than any other young person trying to find their path in life.  I think it’s good for Jill to be around her, and good for her to be around Jill too.

I'm glad Amy is a positive family member in Jill's life, too. She is an example of being a christian and still living a modern life. Plus, Jill needs someone from her family to love her unconditionally and now that Jenny's getting older I'm sure she's being brainwashed to believe her buddy/mom is an unrepentant sinner.

I bet I'm not the only person here grateful that online social media wasn't around when I ws young & impulsive.

• Love 19
On 8/19/2020 at 5:46 AM, GeeGolly said:

We've discussed this in the past. 

"Kate Plus 8 star Kate Gosselin‘s ex-husband, Jon Gosselin, has been under a court ordered gag order for the past 10 years. So, Jon was unable to speak publicly about Kate. Now the gag order has expired, and Jon is telling some of Kate’s secrets."

"Today, with his gag order lifted, he sits down with Dr. Oz to set the record straight and tell his side of the story.  He opens up like never before about allegations of cheating, abandonment, child abuse, and what he says really happened behind the scenes."

Wouldn't you love having your parents play out this crappy long-running battle on television and in magazines? Those poor kids. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What an odd combo. The baby is Bella. 

That is... not a good photo. The outfits are terrible (of course), the colors of the outfits are terrible together, the framing is terrible, it's too far away so you can't see the people. Check, check, check, check on Duggar art direction.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Could the baby be Addison? She lives across the lawn.

No they tagged Si and Lauren in the photo. You had to go Instagram to see it. 

Maryella also lives on the property. 

I think from a distance all babies look alike. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Remind us who she is? A photographer?

She's a really good friend of the family. Because older people are considered a better influence than kids of a similar age. She was in a photo with Jeremiah, but I actually suspect he may be courting someone else.  She and her sister Lydia could be a match for any of the Duggar boys. 

• Useful 2