Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

JTTH is held in Northern Michigan. I don't think they have sessions until Spring. 

There's one held in Michigan, but there's also one held in Big Sandy, Texas. I seem to recall the Duggars going to the Big Sandy one.

• Useful 1
(edited)

The Duggars always went to Northwoods, which is in the UP of Michigan. There was a meeting with Gothard first. Obviously, they skip that step now.

I don't think any of the five older girls attended JTTH after Gothard's ouster, but Hannie could well attend at the Big Sandy campus, which became IBLP HQ about a year after Gothard was forced out.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2

I’m wondering how the downturn in restaurant jobs is going to affect Mr. Amy’s new business. Or Amy’s business in general. Things aren’t looking so hot for restaurants in my area. Lots of places that I’ve been open less than two years of closed permanently in the last couple days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

that was posted monday - quite the debate in the comments on the fb page.

one comment was

'I fully support you and your partners decision to stay open. I don't understand why some people are up in arms over your choice, but praise other business owners that stay open; because they vowed to feed kids and families on school meal programs no longer available. I commend the owners of Jersey Mike's, Marcos pizza, and Wright's BBQ for that offer. In the end it's your decision. I will definitely be eating at your establishment, and those few that chose to stay open. Need to help support our local business owners and workers."

another was

“Also, we want everyone to know we are taking additional measures to disinfect high-touch surfaces and are educating the team on best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention”

You know what the CDC actually recommends- staying the fuck home. Stop putting people at risk and stop putting your employees at risk.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

3130 will be closed as of Monday. I wonder how long Wellington's will be able to keep their doors open for indoor dining?

Looks like Amy is keeping her online business open, saw that she might make a tiny bit of income.  I can’t imagine losing both incomes at once. I hope Amy or Mr. Amy both have some kind a marketable skill for a recession economy.  

• Love 5

Wellingtons got the message, finally, and have closed the dining room and went to carryout and delivery.

Due to recent updates concerning COVID-19 (Coronavirus) at the state level, Wellington’s will be closing our dining room beginning Friday, March 20th until further notice. During this challenging time out Curbside Pickup will continue to operate as well as a limited Delivery program. Those details follow:

* Free deliver within a 5 Mile Radius of our location
* $5 delivery within a 10 Mile Radius
* $30 minimum order for delivery
* Beer and bottled wine available per ABC
* Cigars available as well

During this challenging time, we ask that you consider our remaining staff as you place your pick up or delivery orders. Tips are appreciated.

For more information on closings and COVID-19 updates:
https://ecs.page.link/EHPmX

wellingtons2.jpg

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 6

Just FYI, Gov. Hutchison had issued an order for all restaurants to do this yesterday. However, many in my local area had already done so before it was mandated. Dillon waited to the bitter end. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He went past the mandate if they just closed Friday. (It sounded like they were open today.)

I'm not 100% sure when it went into effect--I wasn't eating out so didn't pay too much attention to it beyond seeing all the closed notices on social media. The order yesterday may have gone into effect today.

But that wouldn't surprise me if they screwed that up. Everything about that whole operation has been botched from even before it opened. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3

Hmm I just quickly googled a couple of different respected news sources, and none of them gave an in effect day/time for the restaurant closings. It doesn't say effective immediately, but that is the vibe I am getting. What a shit you are, Dillon. 

8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They couldn't have been that busy to begin with. But staying open is just irresponsible.

Agreed, especially when so many more area restaurants were proactive about trying to do delivery/takeout/curbside before it was mandated. In my area, one restaurant--one of my favorites actually!--closed the dining room early this week but is cooking up family-size batches for people to purchase (like huge batches of pasta that are much cheaper than they should be priced) and another one also closed inside but is giving away extra produce cheaply. They're small businesses, and I know this has got to be hell for them financially, but I really respect them for trying to be responsible and help the community.

Edited by Zella
Batches, not patches, damnit! ;)
  • Love 17

Crystal Ball Katie interviews Amy. It's long (and I didn't watch it all), but it's quite good. Amy's best story was when the Duggars took her to an ATI retreat. She hated every second of it and called the Gothardites "robots." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

😲 That video is  already taken down. Katie Joy is Livestream on YouTube right now about how it wasn't YouTube, or Amy's doing.

JB acts fast! 

Edited by McManda
18 minutes ago, McManda said:

😲 That video is  already taken down. Katie Joy is Livestream on YouTube right now about how it wasn't YouTube, or Amy's doing.

JB acts fast! 

I stopped watching the explanation a couple of minutes in, but it sounded like she said that Amy called her and asked her to take it down because "someone" wanted it gone. Was there more to it? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I stopped watching the explanation a couple of minutes in, but it sounded like she said that Amy called her and asked her to take it down because "someone" wanted it gone. Was there more to it? 

So I watched some of the live stream of the aftermath and from what I glean is that it seems KJ made the video private after Amy asked her to. Amy asked her to because, it seems, Amy was threatened by "someone" with a lawsuit of it wasn't taken down. (KJ doesn't say names but it's very clearly JB.)

From what I can gather, Amy didn't even say anything much about her family, just that she was not a fan of IBLP or the retreat she went on.

KJ also mentions some things not relating to Amy in her veiled allegations against JB and his bullying, namely that is been confirmed (has it?) that Josh is the one being investigated by Homeland Security and ICE, and that is related to Josh "fraudulently buying property already owned by someone else" (though I'm confused why either department would be investigating that kind of crime) and Anna is likely will be called to testify. 

I imagine KJ will leave her Livestream up, it might be worth a watch for someone more up to date on the Duggar drama. I'll admit I'm the wrong person to be summarizing.

I wonder if the same thing will happen to her planned video with Derrick?

• Useful 11

I can't imagine what Amy would have said that would make JB threaten a lawsuit with all the publicity that suing a family member would bring. Honestly, I think Amy just regretted doing the interview for whatever reason and came up with the best excuse you could think of to get the youtuber to take it down without a fuss. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Katie strongly hints that it was Boob.

I'd say she more than strongly hints. She basically says it's him without using his name, directing her comments towards "someone" and calling out "someone's son" "Josh". I don't think it's Michelle. She's too loopy on benzos.

Edited by McManda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I can't imagine what Amy would have said that would make JB threaten a lawsuit with all the publicity that suing a family member would bring. Honestly, I think Amy just regretted doing the interview for whatever reason and came up with the best excuse you could think of to get the youtuber to take it down without a fuss. 

Maybe, but JB obviously thinks he can keep things within the family secret. I wouldn't be surprised if he assumed that the threat of a lawsuit was enough to Amy to retract the video and keep her mouth shut about the reasons.

I imagine if it was really just regret on Amy's part she could have just said as much. Bit Amy's also asked her life -by choice- on shows like Marriage Boot Camp so I'm not sure what about this would make her personally balk. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

Maybe, but JB obviously thinks he can keep things within the family secret. I wouldn't be surprised if he assumed that the threat of a lawsuit was enough to Amy to retract the video and keep her mouth shut about the reasons.

I imagine if it was really just regret on Amy's part she could have just said as much. Bit Amy's also asked her life -by choice- on shows like Marriage Boot Camp so I'm not sure what about this would make her personally balk. 

Did Amy reveal any secrets other than that ATI retreat? I really wish I had seen that interview! She's just always been so eager to capitalize on the Duggar name even though it's pretty obvious JB has always kept her at arm's length. I love when she trash talks them, but I don't actually believe she knows much (unless Jill has been confiding in her...now THAT would be a story.)

• Love 8

They did talk about Jill a bit, but didn't mention her banishment by Boob. Amy just said she'd always be there for her. 

Here's Katie's rebuttal in full. I've never seen her so pissed 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Maybe it was less actually fearing he'd go through with it and more not just wanting to put up with the bullshit storm he could create in the family? I can envision him aggravating the shit out of his sister to get to Amy, and Amy deciding that's more trouble than it's worth in the middle of a pandemic that has probably hit both her and her husband's income pretty hard. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why would Amy cave to Boob though? If she didn't say anything damaging about the family or even mention them, what grounds would there be for a lawsuit? 

I agree. I haven't seen or heard any of what went down, but you can't get sued for commenting on truths.

I think it's pretty shitty to talk general smack about one's family without a purpose though. Did Amy have a reason for doing this interview?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Is it possible that his political consultants have convinced JB that highlighting the Duggar IBLP connection at all would be a big threat to Jed!'s election chances? And that those election chances are really really important to JB right now?.....

I realize that this, like all  the other potential explanations people have thought of, seems too stupid and trivial to make a huge fuss over....But somebody obviously did tell JB that at some point earlier, since he pretty obviously scrubbed Jed!'s resume of the "executive director" of the godly youth camp that was just obliquely ATI-connected....when initially the plan had clearly been to point to that fake position as part of Jed!'s qualifications for office. 

Just as @Zella noted about Amy, JB may be super-anxious right now (just like lots of other people) and that would fuel his control-freak behavior....

And I agree that none of this is any actual grounds for a lawsuit -- but, valid legal claim or not, I expect that's what JB often threatens when he wants something (like other big dumb bullies I could mention...) .... and if Amy's got anxiety going, too, and she almost certainly has, it'd make an mpression on her....

That amounts to very little. (and not that JEd!'s got any actual political chances...) But it's all I got. 

Mysterious. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

NDAs.  The plot thickens. One of our legal people tell me if they are enforceable or not? I have read even though you have to sign them they are often unenforceable. 

Amy may soon be hurting for dollars. Either Jim Bob can supply them to her or the media can supply them to her when she talks about Jim Bob. I wonder which one he would prefer? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

NDAs.  The plot thickens. One of our legal people tell me if they are enforceable or not? I have read even though you have to sign them they are often unenforceable. 

Google tells me:

NDAs are legally enforceable contracts, but they're now coming under increased scrutiny from lawmakers, attorneys and legal experts. Some states have even introduced legislation to ban them altogether when they involve claims of sexual misconduct.

• Useful 8
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Google tells me:

NDAs are legally enforceable contracts, but they're now coming under increased scrutiny from lawmakers, attorneys and legal experts. Some states have even introduced legislation to ban them altogether when they involve claims of sexual misconduct.

Thanks. I have read a lot about them regarding the current administration especially with staff members being forced to sign them. Apparently they can be broken but I don’t know the inns and outs of that. It sounds like Amy was probably talking around one in this interview. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. I haven't seen or heard any of what went down, but you can't get sued for commenting on truths.

I think it's pretty shitty to talk general smack about one's family without a purpose though. Did Amy have a reason for doing this interview?

Amy didn't talk smack at all. It seems she wanted to do this interview to showcase the "real" Amy.

et respond to the last post. Amy didn't talk much about her time on TLC other than to point out that producers wanted her as a foil. She pointed out that she was never a rebel but was just living a regular person's life. Nothing there to break an NDA.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Thanks. I have read a lot about them regarding the current administration especially with staff members being forced to sign them. Apparently they can be broken but I don’t know the inns and outs of that. It sounds like Amy was probably talking around one in this interview. 

NDAs are not unique to the current administration nor the worlds of politics and business in general.  It is a way of protecting inside information or trade secrets.

In the military, this is the reason for security clearances, which give access to certain levels of information, depending on the level of clearance.  And disclosure of classified  info is a crime.  

On point, TLC has been notorious regarding enforcing NDAs.

Edit ... I guess the real question is why anyone would hover around Amy.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 3