Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I've never really had the impression that Dillon had much of a work ethic.

I'll bet he will hire a manager and just just be the owner that comes in when he wants, eats food, drinks whiskey, smokes cigars, yells at them and goes home.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'll bet he will hire a manager and just just be the owner that comes in when he wants, eats food, drinks whiskey, smokes cigars, yells at them and goes home.

I think that's probably his plan, but that isn't really a recipe for success in the restaurant business.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe around 50% of all new restaurants fail in the first year and only about 20% survive long term. The odds are against Mr Amy before he cooks his first steak. It probably would have been smarter to open a cigar bar.

And on top of that, the restaurants that do make it do not turn a profit for at least 3 years.   I am friends with the proprietors of a nearby Italian restaurant and all 3 of the partners there have other sources of income.  The two main partners have wives who work fulltime jobs that provide the essentials like health insurance.  Amu and Dill each being small business owners is a recipe for disaster. 

• Love 10
On 1/19/2020 at 10:14 AM, Zella said:

If it were just the prices, that would be one thing, but the menu looks like it was created by someone on crack and has no clear rhyme or reason.

The fact that Dillon's restaurant's opening has been delayed for months as he bumbles his way through issues with the name and other factors also makes me seriously side-eye the prices. If his food was really good, he'd probably get away with it, but as is, I don't have great confidence in his ability to do anything. 

And truthfully, if the restaurant were in Fayetteville or Bentonville, I'd still think it was a little overpriced, but it would be nowhere near as incongruous as it being in Springdale and hyped as some sort of glamour lounge and charging those prices. Springdale is the kind of place where people move a few miles from their place in Springdale, so they can tell people they live in Rogers rather than Springdale. Fairly or unfairly, it's considered the armpit of NWA. 

Everything looks kinda heavy and basic and bourbon glazed, but there’s two poke bowls. It’s just odd.

• Love 8
On 1/18/2020 at 8:14 PM, Zella said:

And truthfully, if the restaurant were in Fayetteville or Bentonville, I'd still think it was a little overpriced, but it would be nowhere near as incongruous as it being in Springdale and hyped as some sort of glamour lounge and charging those prices. Springdale is the kind of place where people move a few miles from their place in Springdale, so they can tell people they live in Rogers rather than Springdale. Fairly or unfairly, it's considered the armpit of NWA. 

I wonder if this had anything to do with Dillon getting a liquor license? I think he's had (multiple?) DUIs. It may be that Springdale has lower standards, or maybe the family has some juice in Springdale that they don't have in neighboring communities?

It's weird that his place is next to Amy's store and near a church. Does he think that men will stop in for a whiskey and a cigar while their wives shop? Does he think that people will drop by on their way home from church?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Amy’s husband strikes me as the kind of dude who likes to go out and hang out in bars and then one day decides “I should open my own!” despite having zero experience or training in the hospitality industry. That generally does not end well. 

I heartily agree.  My brother-in-law runs a bunch of pubs, and it's hard work and doesn't always end well.  Mr. Amy's menu looked like he came up with a lot of hip food and threw it all together, so there's no rhyme or reason to it.  Pubs that actually specialize in something, so people know what they're getting when they go, seem to work better.

• Love 7

The menu looks a lot like the one for the brewery here in town.  Their menu items include everything from bacon fat popcorn to a caprese salad to fish tacos to filet mignon. It’s weird but offers a variety for everyone.  Our town is a little smaller than Springdale (25,000) but it’s one of the most popular places in town.  I don’t think the menu is all that weird.  His clientele won’t think twice, they’ll just be looking for something that they think sounds good.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

Thank you!  The food sounds good.  I’m just wondering if they’ll stay busy enough to be able to pay the chef.

Someone mentioned upthread that Dillon had several DUI’s.  If so, he sounds like he may have had an alcohol problem.  If so, the last place he needs to hang out is in a bar.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Which J-slave is on the right with her hands up, like she's Vanna White revealing a letter?  It's so completely inapporopriate that it's hard to put into words.

Johannah AKA Hannie. It could also be four babies in a trench coat. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Can you imagine Robert Irvine [Restaurant Impossible] or Gordon Ramsay [To Hell and Back] trying to fix Dillon's place when it needs help? And having to deal with the whole Duggar family when they show up at the sound of cameras?  I just want to see an big angry Englishman go nuclear on these idiots so badly.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 1/20/2020 at 2:14 PM, TeeMo said:

Amy’s husband strikes me as the kind of dude who likes to go out and hang out in bars and then one day decides “I should open my own!” despite having zero experience or training in the hospitality industry. That generally does not end well. 

from the story page of wellingtons, Dillon is one of 5 partners. He is one of 3 Operations partners plus a general manager and a marketing partner.

https://wellingtonnwa.com/story

Edited by crazy8s
changed the link to work
  • Useful 7
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Which J-slave is on the right with her hands up, like she's Vanna White revealing a letter?  It's so completely inapporopriate that it's hard to put into words.

Agreed. And the smug smirk on the girl behind her is just terrible. 

• Love 11
On 1/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Yeah but Dillion is NOT Vivian Howard.

But he knows the Duggars!!!

On 1/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Yeah but Dillion is NOT Vivian Howard.

But he knows the Duggars!!! He's married to the Rebel Duggar! 

• LOL 7
31 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I would like to invite these girls to sit down with the following:

- a woman who is pregnant as a result of a being raped

- a woman who is pregnant with a child who will have severe physical and mental handicaps and defects

- a pregnant women who she herself is mentally or physically disabled and unable to deal with pregnancy or a child

- a severely drug-addicted woman.

I would like them to explain to THEM why abortion is not a good choice.  I want to hear what they say....

I'm sorry if this triggers anyone but these people REALLY piss me off.

Me too. Unfortunately I don’t think they would care about these women and just tell them Jesus will save them etc etc 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

Me too. Unfortunately I don’t think they would care about these women and just tell them Jesus will save them etc etc 

Exactly, nor would they extend a hand to help any of these women after the baby is born. Defend in the womb, neglect once born. 

• Love 22
On 1/19/2020 at 3:23 PM, cmr2014 said:

The restaurant looks fine to me. I thought that the menu looked good.

I kind of thought cigars were over, but I don't really keep up on what millenial men are into these days, and I could see a market for this type of hyper-masculine environment.

On the other hand, does this guy have ANY experience in the restaurant business? Running a restaurant is an enormous amount of work and requires loooong hours. I've never really had the impression that Dillon had much of a work ethic.

Well, that Missional Wear Calvinist emporium I found sponsoring Jer's G3 conference the other day has a whole selection of cigar holders with various Calvin-friendly slogans and artwork. "Enjoy Calvinism" and "soli deo gloria," and so on. 

So apparently there's a cigar trend going among Calvinist-guys-who-think-they're-cool-and-hip. And since "Reformed/Calvinist guy" is an identity that, inexplicably to me, has now extended to Baptists, maybe that's a rising cigar trend they're seeing. 

https://www.missionalwear.com/products/cigar-holders

They also sell Calvinist flasks at Missional Wear. So the whiskey will work, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I would love to have the Photoshop skills to replace those signs with "My Body, My Choice" and "If You're Against Abortion, Don't Have One", then post the pictures all over the Internet.  

Those girls would certainly get a lot of attention.  

• Love 20
8 hours ago, kokapetl said:

82447270_2535416309890496_84100781549656
Yeah, fuck off kids. 

Ha. I read that sign and, since I am blessed with an inability to tell any of these people apart, I automatically assumed those are the women who had abortions and regretted doing so.

Going to guess that’s not what they were going for?

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 18

If any of them are able to eventually escape this cult (doubtful) and start thinking for themselves, they are going to regret this photo. I said some real stupid stuff as a young “Christian”, I would die if those stupid things were plastered on the internet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Can you imagine Robert Irvine [Restaurant Impossible] or Gordon Ramsay [To Hell and Back] trying to fix Dillon's place when it needs help? And having to deal with the whole Duggar family when they show up at the sound of cameras?  I just want to see an big angry Englishman go nuclear on these idiots so badly.

I'd pay to watch to watch that. I don't care which one they get Irvine or Ramsey it would be awesome to seem deal with the Duggar family showing up and being annoying. They'd put a nip in that so fast and I'd love to see them telling JB off about his "expertise". Plus I'm pretty sure Dillon's an idiot. So he probably could use all the help he can get from real experts.

• Love 3
On 1/20/2020 at 1:02 PM, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if this had anything to do with Dillon getting a liquor license? I think he's had (multiple?) DUIs. It may be that Springdale has lower standards, or maybe the family has some juice in Springdale that they don't have in neighboring communities?

It's weird that his place is next to Amy's store and near a church. Does he think that men will stop in for a whiskey and a cigar while their wives shop? Does he think that people will drop by on their way home from church?

Where I'm from there's a bar next to every church, maybe that works for them as well. 

That group of ignorant little girls with zero agency in regards to their lives need to go home and stay away from grown up issues. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Where I'm from there's a bar next to every church, maybe that works for them as well. 

That group of ignorant little girls with zero agency in regards to their lives need to go home and stay away from grown up issues. 

I’m hoping that when they grow up a little they realize that instead of helping their cause with that behaviour, they made a mockery of it. I get that critical thinking skills and self control come with maturity, but they need supervision for now. Where were their headships when this pic was taken and posted?

• Love 4

So who explained to these girls the mechanics of getting pregnant anyway?  Do their parents all really give a comprehensive sex education lecture that illustrates how tab A fits onto slot B?  With illustrations?  

Do they even know what an abortion actually is?  An adult somewhere gave them those signs, so I imagine those asshats are just pleased as punch to see those girls posing for Jesus.  And the girls probably have almost no factual knowledge of the whole issue.  Idiots. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5