Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, PuffinFizz said:

“God has great plans for this little girl” really like what? Meet a guy and become a breeding machine ok.

Six more years until they marry her off in a desperate attempt to keep the show going a little longer

6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She's 10 and the Duggars have never married anyone off in this generation before 19. 

Who knows what might happen if they get desperate to keep the show going?  Even if they wait until she is 19, she's already more than halfway there.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Portia said:

"Every child is a miracle" = "FU, Internet."

I think Josie looks downright pretty in the last pic. I hope the poor thing is outgrowing I her weird looks. 

She’s looking more and more like her mother. 

Make of that what you will...

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Six more years until they marry her off in a desperate attempt to keep the show going a little longer

I get the feeling that Michelle is going to keep Josie her "Miracle Baby" well into adolescence.  The rest of the Lost Girls will all be married off before they are 20, but Josie will never be able to become an adult until Michelle passes.  Josie will be the Fundy Baby Jane/Little Edie/Merricat Blackwood.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She’s looking more and more like her mother. 

Make of that what you will...

For all her awful beliefs and behaviors, I will say Michelle is not a bad looking woman.  She needs new hair and clothes, but, for having birthed 20ish children she doesn't look bad.  Still, not a fan, at all!!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Portia said:

"Every child is a miracle" = "FU, Internet."

I think Josie looks downright pretty in the last pic. I hope the poor thing is outgrowing I her weird looks. 

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

For all her awful beliefs and behaviors, I will say Michelle is not a bad looking woman.  She needs new hair and clothes, but, for having birthed 20ish children she doesn't look bad.  Still, not a fan, at all!!

There's a picture floating around of Michelle when she was around 5(?) years old. Josie actually looks a lot like her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

There's a portrait somewhere in a dark attic that shows her true age and the continued warping of her nature. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 21
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

There's a portrait somewhere in a dark attic that shows her true age and the continued warping of her nature. 

It's not in the attic. It's David Rodrigues's face. . . . 😉 

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They had no problem with their offspring dating 17 year olds. It'll happen.

And they've always been careful to wait for the wedding when everyone is at least 19.  It's possible they will change their minds, but it's also possible that they will continue with this trend. 

Snarkers said Kendra and Lauren would be married before their 19th birthdays and that didn't happen. Snarkers said John David would marry an 18/19 year old no matter how old he got and that didn't happen. (His wife is 2 years and 3 months younger than he is.)

I could someone getting married 18 and particularly the grandchildren getting married younger.

I wonder if part of it is TPTB of TV prefer everyone to be at least 19 on television. The youngest Bates brides have been at least 19 (Josie and Alyssa.) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Temperance said:

And they've always been careful to wait for the wedding when everyone is at least 19.  It's possible they will change their minds, but it's also possible that they will continue with this trend. 

Snarkers said Kendra and Lauren would be married before their 19th birthdays and that didn't happen. Snarkers said John David would marry an 18/19 year old no matter how old he got and that didn't happen. (His wife is 2 years and 3 months younger than he is.)

I could someone getting married 18 and particularly the grandchildren getting married younger.

I wonder if part of it is TPTB of TV prefer everyone to be at least 19 on television. The youngest Bates brides have been at least 19 (Josie and Alyssa.) 

I think the reason we haven't seen 18 year olds getting married is due in part to the one expectation of marriage - that the guy have some type income and a home. It's a bit difficult for a guy to have both of those in place in their teens (see Ben) and unless the guy is considerably older than the intended bride, she'll have to wait until the guy has those things in place.

I'm not familiar with Alyssa B's courtship/marriage, but Josie and her now husband had to wait to even begin their courtship because the Bates parents felt she was too young.

I believe Josh and Ben were the youngest grooms of the bunch. IMO, Josh scrambled to get married due to his unhealthy preoccupation with sex and Ben wanted the hot Fundy TV star.

• Love 7
On 12/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, JoanArc said:

But will they still wheel her around in a stroller and will the new intended get said stroller or will he have to buy his own?  Many questions!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

think the reason we haven't seen 18 year olds getting married is due in part to the one expectation of marriage - that the guy have some type income and a home. It's a bit difficult for a guy to have both of those in place in their teens (see Ben) and unless the guy is considerably older than the intended bride, she'll have to wait until the guy has those things in place.

Have these two criteria been met in reality or is it just more made for teevee bullshit? Derrick was some halfassed missionary. RFP was an ex-jock in search of a flock to fleece. Did Bin ever have a job that didn’t involve his now father-in-law? Austin comes closest, with the flipping? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Have these two criteria been met in reality or is it just more made for teevee bullshit? Derrick was some halfassed missionary. RFP was an ex-jock in search of a flock to fleece. Did Bin ever have a job that didn’t involve his now father-in-law? Austin comes closest, with the flipping? 

Ben had jobs when he still lived in Hot Springs. He helped his dad in the windshield repair business, and he worked as a go-fer at an insurance company. Then he moved into the TTH shed and became Boob's lackey.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

At least she got a drippy sundae all to herself. 

I've always suspected that after the birthday boy or girl is photographed with the drippy sundae, Jim Bob asks for an extra spoon and eats most of it himself.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I've always suspected that after the birthday boy or girl is photographed with the drippy sundae, Jim Bob asks for an extra spoon and eats most of it himself.

I’m sure he just picks up the glass and licks the chocolate off the outside. 

It's hard to believe the Howlers were little guys and Jackson wasn't even born when the Duggars' first TV special aired. 15 years later and the youngest Lost Girl, Josie, is 10.

Since I've been posting here, Joy and 4 Lost boys have moved from this thread to the Lonely Js, with Joy only being there for a hot minute. In eight years this thread will only have Amy in it.

How time flies when you're snarking.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Jordyn seems happy this birthday compared to her very sad last couple of birthdays. Remember Jordyn's pained expression at the noisy skating rink last year.  Michelle went on and on about how much Jordyn loves Jesus, and loves to carry babies, and has a Servant's Heart?!

And the year before that, little Jordyn standing on a chair in the super noisy TTH, with Michelle blathering on and on about Jordyn's cute dress being bought at the thrift store and they saved so much money? Michelle kept touching Jordyn, poking really, and poor Jordyn was recoiling from Michelle's touch while trying not to fall off the chair!

• Love 5
On 12/12/2019 at 10:10 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Ben had jobs when he still lived in Hot Springs. He helped his dad in the windshield repair business, and he worked as a go-fer at an insurance company. Then he moved into the TTH shed and became Boob's lackey.

We still don’t know for sure what Ben does/studies/works at and for whom. Maybe that great secret wo be revealed to us one day 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 12/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, lookeyloo said:

We still don’t know for sure what Ben does/studies/works at and for whom. Maybe that great secret wo be revealed to us one day 

If Ben was doing something that demonstrated real ability or maturity, they'd make sure we knew about it. Since his occupation is shrouded in secrecy, I think the answer to "What does Ben do all day?" is probably "Nothing much."

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

If Ben was doing something that demonstrated real ability or maturity, they'd make sure we knew about it. Since his occupation is shrouded in secrecy, I think the answer to "What does Ben do all day?" is probably "Nothing much."

Exactly.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree. Jessa got incredibly snippy and defensive when asked a harmless question about it on Instagram, so I'm inclined to believe he's not gainfully employed. There's been several instances on the Bateseseses' show where husbands couldn't make outings and vacations due to work, but Bin never seems to have that problem. I think they live off the show and Boob, and that's it. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Portia said:

What purpose does the big-ass plant serve?

Besides being a dust catcher?

Maybe it's a sunny corner & it needs some shade.

Call me old, but I like a more traditional theme of farm animals and trains  for a baby boy.  It's just my opinion, but the woodland theme could wait til he's older. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Besides being a dust catcher?

Maybe it's a sunny corner & it needs some shade.

Call me old, but I like a more traditional theme of farm animals and trains  for a baby boy.  It's just my opinion, but the woodland theme could wait til he's older. 

I like this nursery design. I’m sure as the baby grows and develops his own taste they will change it. I like the colors and the texture in the fabric. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How old are the fence slats? I wouldn't hang old slats with possible lead-based paint over my child's crib.

And chaos is right, too much happening in that room.

I'd imagine that they are distressed rather than actually old. 

• Love 1