Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

On 11/18/2019 at 1:38 PM, PradaKitty said:

Yeah... If Jackson was actually a sophomore in high school he would most likely be spending a lot of time stuffed in his locker...

But, meanwhile, Jyler looks like a cool kid.

I'm still putting my money on Jackson and Josie making a run for it someday. Those other SisterMoms are naturally assuming the pose of the Fundie Belly Cradle (hereby known as the FBC). I know Josie has a modified version, but that's just to throw Mullet off her scent.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I bet Famy was secretly worried Michelle was going to try to sneak the baby away with her when they left. 

The only reason Michelle would entertain another baby is if she could pass it off as Blessing #20 to TLC and that ship has definitely sailed.

Besides, she’d just tell a random female J’slave to steal it and take care of it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Eh... to me, that's an old-fashioned and/ or stereotypical view of high school. I teach freshmen, and have had plenty of small/ shrimpy male students over the years, including several extreme examples. Do they sometimes get teased about their size and/ or physique? Sure. Is it their defining characteristic? No. They all have strong friend groups, talents, etc. I have a boy now who I am willing to bet is shorter than Jackson, maybe a little heavier but not by much, and has a very "young" face. People who didn't know him would probably guess he was 9 or 10 instead of 14. But he's a star soccer player and seems like a very well-adjusted kid. 

Now don't get me wrong, if you threw Jackson into a high school tomorrow, he most likely would be bullied, teased, etc. But that has more to do with his god-awful, sheltered upbringing than his appearance. Had he been in school all along, he'd have his niche (I'm picturing him as a theatre or band kid, but who knows...) and friends his own age and I doubt his physique and baby face would be much of an issue.

I think that one of the reasons that JB went down the Gothard path had to do with home schooling. I think that he was small when he was young and was teased a lot -- I think his dad did a lot of the teasing, too.

I think that JB had a very simplistic understanding of what made someone "cool" when he was a teen. He wanted to be a star athlete and date a cheerleader. I doubt it ever occurred to him to get involved in any activities where his lack of physical size wouldn't be an issue. I think Jackson would have suffered in a normal high school for the same reason. If he had come home and said he wanted to join the band, his parents would have said "no" because they play secular music -- ditto for theater, or a gaming group.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Eh... to me, that's an old-fashioned and/ or stereotypical view of high school. I teach freshmen, and have had plenty of small/ shrimpy male students over the years, including several extreme examples. Do they sometimes get teased about their size and/ or physique? Sure. Is it their defining characteristic? No. They all have strong friend groups, talents, etc. I have a boy now who I am willing to bet is shorter than Jackson, maybe a little heavier but not by much, and has a very "young" face. People who didn't know him would probably guess he was 9 or 10 instead of 14. But he's a star soccer player and seems like a very well-adjusted kid. 

Now don't get me wrong, if you threw Jackson into a high school tomorrow, he most likely would be bullied, teased, etc. But that has more to do with his god-awful, sheltered upbringing than his appearance. Had he been in school all along, he'd have his niche (I'm picturing him as a theatre or band kid, but who knows...) and friends his own age and I doubt his physique and baby face would be much of an issue.

Thank you, from the parent of tiny kids who look much younger than their years. I hope people wouldn’t reflect negatively on me as a parent due to their natural size and later maturing!  There’s a wide spectrum of normal development, and I won’t fault the Duggars or Jackson for that. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I wonder if this engagement (or at least the announcement) was hastily arranged within the past 245 hours to provide a distraction from the breaking news.

I wondered the same thing, but I don't get the impression it is an official announcement, just speculation. I could totally see the Duggars thinking that would work, though, and being bewildered that people are way more interested in the raid story. 

• Love 5

It was neither officially announced or confirmed so it's fake news. They could be in a courtship/getting to know, but it's not technically an engagement until it's announcement. Also the Duggars are all basically engaged when they announce the relationship, but they still technically announce a courting period of at least a month or longer. Given they're young ages, I think it would be a longer courtship ( 🙄 so at least 3 months).

Besides I'm not sure what job/money prospects Jason has. If he was looking to be a used car salesman, it's not a good industry for a Duggar to be in right now. 😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a couple of Duggars marry a couple of siblings from another family. There's only a few fundie families of the Duggar type so it's slim pickin's out there for them, at least as far as variety goes. Fortunately for them, the other families have their children in litters too so there's several to pick from when it comes time to mate, errr, I mean marry. 

• Love 6
On 11/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, Barb23 said:

All the girls look like ragamuffins to me.  Well, Hanny's not too bad but as @Puffin  noted, the layered summer dresses (in Winter) are not a good look.  Where are all the clothes they bragged about getting at that consignment store sale a few months back?

So Jackson went from being a kid who never seems to grow to Ed Grimley.  Poor kid.  But his countenance is beaming so he's got that going for him.

• LOL 1
On 11/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, cmr2014 said:

I think that one of the reasons that JB went down the Gothard path had to do with home schooling. I think that he was small when he was young and was teased a lot -- I think his dad did a lot of the teasing, too.

I think that JB had a very simplistic understanding of what made someone "cool" when he was a teen. He wanted to be a star athlete and date a cheerleader. I doubt it ever occurred to him to get involved in any activities where his lack of physical size wouldn't be an issue. I think Jackson would have suffered in a normal high school for the same reason. If he had come home and said he wanted to join the band, his parents would have said "no" because they play secular music -- ditto for theater, or a gaming group.

Just an aside, our orchestra is playing this weekend in my venue.  Music they are playing?  Cold Play, The Beatles, Black Sabbath and more.  It made me laugh.

I think you are onto something re JimBoob and homeschooling.  It wasn't just that he was small, I am sure it had to do with his sanctimonious, judgmental behavior.  Who wants to hang with that when all you want to do is enjoy some Def Leppard or Madonna (this was the 80s!)?

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a couple of Duggars marry a couple of siblings from another family. There's only a few fundie families of the Duggar type so it's slim pickin's out there for them, at least as far as variety goes. Fortunately for them, the other families have their children in litters too so there's several to pick from when it comes time to mate, errr, I mean marry. 

Jill Rod is counting on that/salivating at the idea.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 11/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, ginger90 said:

64D76BD6-2245-4D25-B6A3-B01137BFD845.jpeg

Those poor little girls are always dressed in such ratty assed clothes!  And young Jackson's hairline is already receding, poor kid!  Would it kill Big Daddy to spring for some fashionable attire for his girls and some hair transplants for the boys???  Just sayin.........

• Love 10
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

Those girls always look like waifs. Are they that blind to what they wear? Seriously?

Maybe they look at family photos from when their older sisters were their age, and are just glad they've been spared the perms and frumpers...

In all seriousness, though, they hang out with each other and other fundies. Granted many fundie families are less ragamuffin-y looking (and just looking at Anna's kids alone, who are constantly around and always nicely dressed might provide some clues), but maybe they're mostly too young to really notice? And it's not like they're ever interacting with the masses, where someone might make fun of their clothes and make them self-conscious.

Johannah looks like she's started to care (take the skirt off and she'd look indistinguishable from any other girl her age in the fleece and leggings), but maybe the others really haven't noticed yet...

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Maybe they look at family photos from when their older sisters were their age, and are just glad they've been spared the perms and frumpers...

In all seriousness, though, they hang out with each other and other fundies. Granted many fundie families are less ragamuffin-y looking (and just looking at Anna's kids alone, who are constantly around and always nicely dressed might provide some clues), but maybe they're mostly too young to really notice? And it's not like they're ever interacting with the masses, where someone might make fun of their clothes and make them self-conscious.

Johannah looks like she's started to care (take the skirt off and she'd look indistinguishable from any other girl her age in the fleece and leggings), but maybe the others really haven't noticed yet...

That's the reason why children have PARENTS -- pre-teens don't always make great decisions. When I was that age, my mother supervised my clothing purchases, and had the final word as to whether I could leave the house dressed "like that" or not. Those parents are just 100% checked-out, and Jana just don't have any f@cks left to give.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's the reason why children have PARENTS -- pre-teens don't always make great decisions. When I was that age, my mother supervised my clothing purchases, and had the final word as to whether I could leave the house dressed "like that" or not. Those parents are just 100% checked-out, and Jana just don't have any f@cks left to give.

Well, yes, that's a given... it's a weird combination of not caring what their kids wear but also caring that they're modest. So they've been ingrained to wear the stupid layers, even though there are plenty of decent, non-layered modest options out there.

I wonder if all the older sisters have just checked out/ don't care, or if part of it is that they had to endure terrible fashion when they were young and think the younger girls deserve nothing less...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 11/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, Puffin said:

I don’t get why they buy sleeveless dresses that Josie wearing then put a t-shirt underneath. Why buy them in the first place. 

Because stuffing other crap under and hanging other crap on your slightly revealing clothing is the only way you can flaunt your modesty. 

These are people who buy bridesmaids' dresses shorter than they're willing to wear so that they can sew pillow slips onto the bottom of them. Because looking hideous is the best revenge. Apparently.

It's all about showing how glorious and godly you are compared to the rest of humanity. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
On 11/19/2019 at 10:44 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

What I want to know who is hiding behind the kid with the bow tie? It looks like a girl's head just behind him.

I'm not convinced that's a person. It would have to be extremely short because if it's as much as two and a half feet tall or so some part of the feet and legs would be visible between Jackson's legs, but there's nothing like that visible.

I think it's more likely the top of some kind of decoration or furniture on the window sill or bench or whatever that is between the kids and the window. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On 11/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, Oldernowiser said:

That gene pool is getting scary shallow.

Well, this fact has brought down more than one monarchy over the years. So maybe there's a silver lining....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Once again, the entire photo is horribly composed.

They were going to see Amy's new baby. There was every reason to expect that photos would be taken. There is simply no excuse for the shabby appearance if the little girls.

We've seen that "half-splits" pose from J'Tyler before. I don't know if he just enjoys it, or if he's attempting to appear shorter than Jackson.

I don't know if it's another person, a tumor, or an unfortunately placed plant behind Jackson. But, you know what -- TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE!!!! They're FREE!!!! If  the photo comes out poorly -- take another.

And, once again, we have the ridiculous head-to-toe photo of the entire group. This is a photo of a BABY. Can anyone find the baby in this photo? 

• Love 17
On 11/19/2019 at 5:54 AM, Puffin said:

I don’t get why they buy sleeveless dresses that Josie wearing then put a t-shirt underneath. Why buy them in the first place. 

I think it's probably a jumper. Fundie women seem to favor that type of dress.

• Love 4

"It’s quite amazing to see everyone playing together at the same time!!"  Yes, that's called a band/ensemble, or in this case, a music club.  That's what's supposed to happen.  Dipshit.

Their whole ideal of dressing "modestly" is gag-inducing.  If someone unfamiliar with the family (or maybe even the US) asked them about their modesty standards, they would have that poor soul believing that the rest of us dress like hookers or sluts 24/7.  What pressure do they put on the boys as far as the modesty rules?  I'm guessing none.  After all, if a boy/man is having undesirable thoughts, it's only because a young lady is wearing the wrong clothing.  Never mind the fact, he can just be a horn ball with no outlet because they haven't been matched in an arranged marriage able to find the one.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, sixlets said:

"It’s quite amazing to see everyone playing together at the same time!!"  Yes, that's called a band/ensemble, or in this case, a music club.  That's what's supposed to happen.  Dipshit.

Their whole ideal of dressing "modestly" is gag-inducing.  If someone unfamiliar with the family (or maybe even the US) asked them about their modesty standards, they would have that poor soul believing that the rest of us dress like hookers or sluts 24/7.  What pressure do they put on the boys as far as the modesty rules?  I'm guessing none.  After all, if a boy/man is having undesirable thoughts, it's only because a young lady is wearing the wrong clothing.  Never mind the fact, he can just be a horn ball with no outlet because they haven't been matched in an arranged marriage able to find the one.

I think I’ve seen every Duggar male’s package at lest 10 times each this year alone.  It’s like they buy jeans intending to show it off. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I think I’ve seen every Duggar male’s package at lest 10 times each this year alone.  It’s like they buy jeans intending to show it off. 

Where's the vomit emoticon? All I can do is 😫

• LOL 3

No one could find a better outfit for Josie to wear at a public performance? Once again she is wearing a thin summer dress that looks like it came from the bottom of the rag bag with a modesty layer underneath.  The poor thing already has a natural  waif-like look about her.  She doesn't need to add to it by the clothes she wears.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, JoanArc said:

It’s all they’ve got to sell. They’re unemployed, uneducated, amd unattractive...but theoretically they have Olympic-level swimmers! You, too, can have a zillion babies!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
On 11/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, cmr2014 said:

Once again, the entire photo is horribly composed.And, once again, we have the ridiculous head-to-toe photo of the entire group. This is a photo of a BABY. Can anyone find the baby in this photo? 

I can’t even see the baby clearly when I zoom in, the photo composition is so poor and blurry.  What kind of hideous old tech did they use?

• Love 3

I wonder if it's head-to-toe because they had to fit everyone in horizontally.  After all, you can't have boys standing one behind the other, it might give them ideas!  Girls, no problem!

• LOL 3