Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ljohnson1987

The Other Duggars: The Howlers, Lost Girls, Grandma Duggar and Amy

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whoever is composing and taking Amy's photos does a good job, especially recently.  That's a lovely shot.

I remember Jessa's tight shirt, belly button showing, bathroom pictures when she was pregnant with Spurgeon.  Amy may have had a lot of pictures taken, but they have looked much better. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Yes, it is and by having her holding pumpkins, we're not subjected to womb cradling!  

I give pregnant women a break about womb cradling at this point in pregnancy. You walk around feeling like baby is about to fall out.  Plus, it helps relieve the pressure on the back!

Wrapping your arms around a non-existent bump is still dumb though. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Famy's having her scheduled C-section right about now. Too lazy to post her IG/story.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kudos for Amy for addressing the probable negative Csection comments ahead of time.  I agree with her that it is each mother's decision & people need to respect that.  

Wishing her all the best from another Csection mom. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Daxton is not a good name...

At least she is listening to her doctor. And is not endangering herself and her baby. Ahem Jilly and Jessa. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

I hope she doesn't get negative comments for scheduling a c-section on the advice of her doctor. Why would anyone object to that? The health and safety of her and her baby is way more important that being able to brag about your perfect vaginal birth. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I hope she doesn't get negative comments for scheduling a c-section on the advice of her doctor. Why would anyone object to that? The health and safety of her and her baby is way more important that being able to brag about your perfect vaginal birth. 

I've already seen people calling her out for the C-section.  Jinger  decided to be induced because of the problems Jill and Jessa had (if I remember correctly). There could be something going on that Amy isn't going into detail about. I'm just glad she has a real doctor and is going to a hospital and not ending up in an emergency situation.   

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad Amy is listening to her doctors. You go Amy! You do you! Stay strong! You got this! 

I've had several friends who've had c-sections and several friends born by c-sections.  It makes me really mad to see people trying to make women feel lesser for having c-sections. You have to do what's best for the mother and the baby  and sometimes that's a c-section. C-sections saved the lives of some of my loved ones. 

Anyway most of the comments I see on Instagram are nice. I'll leave this piece of idiocy from the comments for people to laugh at:

"I sure wish you could use your voice to empower women to be educated on birth. A small frame or "big baby" is never a reason to have a planned c-section. Being healthy with a low-rise birth is to attempt to deliver naturally. I would think that the midwife in your family would have made sure you were educated on such a monumentally important topic. This makes me sad for you, I'm not trying to be judgey, but my doctor also told me the exact same thing and I refused the planned section and delivered a healthy baby vaginally. These experiences shouldn't be chosen for us through lack of education about birth and convenience in the part of your doctor. The big baby/small frame excuse is a myth and a lie in 99% of cases."

Yes the midwife in Amy's family would know more than a doctor.🤨 Also the midwife in the family had two huge babies that required her to have c-sections. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes the “midwife” in Amy's family would know more than a doctor. Also the “midwife“ in the family had two huge babies that required her to have c-sections. 

Midwife. Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha!

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Amy seems to believe in birth control, as she's been married for a while.  Her mother must have believed in it, as well.  Good for them, and Amy is right to have a real doctor's plan in place.  

I've heard more "unusual" names than Daxton before.  Compared to Spurgeon, it's very palatable.

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

People need to STFU with their opinions sometimes.  I legit don't understand why anybody cares how somebody else's baby comes out, as long as it does come out.  I grant I am childless and thus don't have personal experience forming my opinion; but in this case, I think it only helps!

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

After Jessa, Jill, and Joy it's refreshing to see a Duggar going to a doctor and listening to that doctor. Of course it would be a non JimBoob spawn Duggar but I'll take what I can get. Good for you Amy, from a fellow c-section mom(though mine was an emergency)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

You do you, Amy!  Four c-sections here.  I usually swore at the nurse the first time I had to get up to go to the bathroom, but they give you nice drugs, and by the time you get home, it’s not too bad. No Sitz bath either!  (My friends’ vaginal birth stories made me pretty happy I just had to get “unzipped”. 😂)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

My 1st child was born vaginally, he was typical size and weight. I have the pelvis size of a 10 year old boy (exaggeration). In other words, he was a little too big for the exit, but with medical intervention we finally got him out. My first child's birth was anything but pretty. 

Whether Amy is correct or truthful in the reason given for the c-section I wish her the best.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Such a big FU to her cousins, especially Jilly and Joy. I think Famy will have 2 kids tops, she is not messing around with her blessings health.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

You do you, Amy!  Four c-sections here.  I usually swore at the nurse the first time I had to get up to go to the bathroom, but they give you nice drugs, and by the time you get home, it’s not too bad. No Sitz bath either!  (My friends’ vaginal birth stories made me pretty happy I just had to get “unzipped”. 😂)

I always thought that if I had children I'd push for a c-section, just based on the experiences of all the women in my family. All the c-section only women haven't had any issues. All the ones who've had vaginal births end up with various degrees of incontinence and prolapses. 

You just know the Jill is pissed that Amy isn't attempting a vaginal birth. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Why am I not surprised that they had a formal photoshoot and a People exclusive? 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why am I not surprised that they had a formal photoshoot and a People exclusive? 

Would you expect anything less from FAmy?

Meanwhile, King Dill Pickle is looking rather chunky.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad Amy and the baby look healthy. 

FWIW, Jill posted something on Amy's announcement of her c-section and it was supportive, kind, positive, etc. . I don't remember but it was something like "Yay! You're having a baby!".  And yes Jill definitely started her comment with Yay!. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

You just know the Jill is pissed that Amy isn't attempting a vaginal birth. 

Not to mention, at home with her "midwife" family member there to guide her through the birthing process.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why am I not surprised that they had a formal photoshoot and a People exclusive? 

I also think it's hilarious that they are looking at each other instead of the baby. C'mon y'all, remember the reason People Magazine showed up!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And balding.

I personally couldn't care less who is chunky or balding, or who might have had any sort of cosmetic issues. no one appears to be clinically obese or have any other relevant problems for a brand new family. All the luck and joy to them.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

It's just a harmless snarky observation, not a treatise on his moral character. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Such harsh colors to wrap a new little life in. The balloon arch and full sized blanket are a little much.

There's such a contrast between the Duggars, Bates and Amy in regard to their birth experiences.

Alyssa Bates seems to walk into a dressing room (birth center) and walk-out minutes later with a new outfit and no fanfare with a baby in her arms. Her sisters have an entire crew of family huddled around their hospital beds, all cheering, yelling and praying.

Jessa seems to have a small crew of family in the home, under the cover of darkness (albeit with a TV crew) and then play pass the baby around with the entire crowd.

Kendra had what I consider a typical birth, with Jinger coming in second with her 'come for a weekend stay at my cabin and do puzzles' hospital birth.

And then Amy, probably a semi-private hospital birth, with the public fanfare of royalty except with no fans.

I imagine Lauren will have a Bates sized crowd during labor and delivery, in the hospital with her own bedroom set including bedside steps, a 9 x 12 framed photo of Balloon Period Asa, new baby dressed in a pink frilly dress, with socks, shoes and giant hair bow, wrapped in a blue (Asa) blanket and enough balloon arches to fill the room.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Such harsh colors to wrap a new little life in. The balloon arch and full sized blanket are a little much.

There's such a contrast between the Duggars, Bates and Amy in regard to their birth experiences.

Alyssa Bates seems to walk into a dressing room (birth center) and walk-out minutes later with a new outfit and no fanfare with a baby in her arms. Her sisters have an entire crew of family huddled around their hospital beds, all cheering, yelling and praying.

Jessa seems to have a small crew of family in the home, under the cover of darkness (albeit with a TV crew) and then play pass the baby around with the entire crowd.

Kendra had what I consider a typical birth, with Jinger coming in second with her 'come for a weekend stay at my cabin and do puzzles' hospital birth.

And then Amy, probably a semi-private hospital birth, with the public fanfare of royalty except with no fans.

I imagine Lauren will have a Bates sized crowd during labor and delivery, in the hospital with her own bedroom set including bedside steps, a 9 x 12 framed photo of Balloon Period Asa, new baby dressed in a pink frilly dress, with socks, shoes and giant hair bow, wrapped in a blue (Asa) blanket and enough balloon arches to fill the room.

I commented on Reddit that after seeing Amy's ridiculous balloon arch, I can't wait to see what Lauren to do to top it. I know a lot of extra people in my real life and I have never seen anything like that in a hospital lol.

Amy drives me nuts because she plays the Jessa game. Makes a controversial vague comment to get people talking. Like, the c section comment of " her frame being small and she has an 85% chance of needing a c section" 

I think sometimes less is more. Why not just say Daxton arrived today by csection ( and not give any reason??) She opens herself up to be criticized by over sharing *just* enough. 

At either rate I am glad they are both healthy and happy! Still don't like the name. I am calling BS on her instagam reason for her csection, but I am sure it was recommended by some reason or another that she doesn't want to explain. Much Better than a disaster home birth like JIll or Joy or Jessa

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Why announce the csection at all?  I have several friends who had csections, and their birth announcements didn't specify the method of delivery.  The birth announcements for my sons certainly didn't mention anything about the hours of labor and complications in delivery.  

I guess she felt that announcing a planned csection would get her more attention.  She did get an exclusive with People, so I guess what's TMI to me is good publicity for Amy.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I guess she felt that announcing a planned csection would get her more attention.  She did get an exclusive with People, so I guess what's TMI to me is good publicity for Amy.

I think an exclusive People story is now a mark of success in Duggarland. Jessa must have been crushed that she didn't score one for Ivy's birth.

  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The only way for Amy to do her cutsie "BRB" post was to reveal the planned c-section. Of course she could have skipped the post all together and just went to the hospital and had the baby.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Congrats to Amy, she can drink again!  The only Duggar to resume that particular activity after giving birth, I believe.  

  • Laugh 13

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only way for Amy to do her cutsie "BRB" post was to reveal the planned c-section. Of course she could have skipped the post all together and just went to the hospital and had the baby.

Oh, nooo. . . that would be too easy. It's so haaaard being a celebrity and influencer, ya know. Have to keep your fans informed name in front of your followers. Life in the glare of the spotlight, it's relentless. Oh, wait, was that a spotlight, or just the flash of her phone taking the selfie...? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm going to give FAmy a pass on announcing that it was a c-section.  It does avoid thousands of questions and insane speculation.  She a social-media maven after-all. The debate is endless when the other ladies have given birth.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B29AEAEA-F268-4E92-9FC3-A60BFC27E472.jpeg

Jesus, this is even sadder and less personal than usual -- maybe they phoned it in because she doesn't have a "servant's heart." She looks (to me) to be very sad -- very much a lost girl. She's 14 though, and that's a tough age for people who aren't members of a cult, too.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow. Jimbob’s twin!  Lucky girl 😒

To me, she looks like a female Smuggar. Poor thing. 😕

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post

I think she is very pretty. I'm so sorry that she was born into a cult, is the 16th out 19 kids, and has lived her entire in the public sphere. 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, yogi2014L said:

I commented on Reddit that after seeing Amy's ridiculous balloon arch, I can't wait to see what Lauren to do to top it. I know a lot of extra people in my real life and I have never seen anything like that in a hospital lol.

Amy drives me nuts because she plays the Jessa game. Makes a controversial vague comment to get people talking. Like, the c section comment of " her frame being small and she has an 85% chance of needing a c section" 

I think sometimes less is more. Why not just say Daxton arrived today by csection ( and not give any reason??) She opens herself up to be criticized by over sharing *just* enough. 

At either rate I am glad they are both healthy and happy! Still don't like the name. I am calling BS on her instagam reason for her csection, but I am sure it was recommended by some reason or another that she doesn't want to explain. Much Better than a disaster home birth like JIll or Joy or Jessa

I see your balloon arch and raise you a one man band!  Cause you know there won't be space in the birthing room for a marching band to usher in little Siah. 

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I see your balloon arch and raise you a one man band!  Cause you know there won't be space in the birthing room for a marching band to usher in little Siah. 

I don't know - I think Lauren will have an arch of white balloons in memory of dear Asa, their first child.  The one with whom their little girl will always be compared.  😭

  • Like 4
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

To me, she looks like a female Smuggar. Poor thing. 😕

13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

She looks (to me) to be very sad -- very much a lost girl. She's 14 though, and that's a tough age for people who aren't members of a cult, too.

She looks sad to me too & agree she looks like a female Smuggs.  But sometimes she comes across to me as being mad.  Like asking herself why was she born into this crazy family & what she needs to do to get herself out of it.  I first noticed it on Jinger's wedding photos, the same time we noticed her maturing which makes sense.   Maybe she's having questions like Joy did. The ones that Joe snuffed out. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

Share this post


Link to post

I see a lot of Joy and even a little Jana in her in the middle picture with JB.

4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

 Maybe she's having questions like Joy did. The ones that Joe snuffed out. 

Let's hope there's no Joe in her life to snuff them out. I don't see Jackson being a great spiritual leader. Of course, the lost girls seem glued to Jana, and we can probably guess what kind of counsel she's dispensing...

  • Like 5
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Mom & Dad Duggar? Who signs a message to their own kid with their last name?

Parents who know the child was raised by her older sisters. 

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I don't see Jackson being a great spiritual leader. 

 Ha ha. This made me giggle! He may not be a spiritual leader, but he is a preacher mechanic! (Or wait a minute… Maybe that was James, or Justin? )

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure that it's Justin who is the preacher mechanic. I wonder if he's still working with Pa Caldwell?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I see a lot of Joy and even a little Jana in her in the middle picture with JB.

It's the chin.  I'll be interested to see how her looks settle out after she's finished growing into them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size