Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ljohnson1987

The Other Duggars: The Howlers, Lost Girls, Grandma Duggar and Amy

So they invited the two virgins Jana and Laura?  How very nice of them.  I would bet after watching kids being squeezed out right and left, they will both stay single.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, emma675 said:

That waitress in the back looks OVER IT. I love her.

Well, she probably realizes that she will be tipped in million dollar tracts. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 7
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

*Gasp* Is Lauren the only one not clutching her bump??? Is the world about to end?

But she does have a tassel on it...

Oh you know that tassel is Asa's balloon string.   Aaaaand that left hand could be in full bump-clutch.

Kendra looks the best by a mile. Bump-clutch notwithstanding.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’ll put this here, since Amy posted it.

I saw this picture and my first thought was, "poor Joy." It must be hard for her with the baby-celebrating shenanigans of her sisters-in-law and cousin. I hope she takes time away from the circus to heal.

Also, could Anna look any more frumpy?

Edited by jcbrown · Reason: more snark
  • Like 4
  • Sad 9

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’ll put this here, since Amy posted it.

This photo just made my heart hurt for joy. Not too long ago, she was in the group of expectant moms. I hope people are being gentle with her. It’s so hard to go to a baby shower when you’ve just lost a baby. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 11

13 minutes ago, awaken said:

I hope people are being gentle with her.

With this crowd? I hope so, too, but these are some of the meanest, fake nicey-nice people on earth.

• Like 7
  • Sad 9

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I just had to look up the difference between a baby shower and a baby sprinkle, and whoa are the claws on the Duggar women out.  A sprinkle is supposed to be a lower key affair for a second (or third, etc) child--less money, fewer guests, fewer and cheaper gifts, etc.  I guess none of these Christian women could throw Amy a real baby shower for her first shower. 

I wonder if perhaps this was Amy's compromise to keep the party-pooper Duggars away from her "real" shower, or else the Duggars could not bare to co-occupy space with Amy's slutty, heathen friends and decided to throw her a small, Duggar-appropriate shower of their own... Either way, I would hope that Amy did have another, bigger, non-sprinkly shower.

• Like 22

1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I wonder why no Jill? They're back in town.

Maybe they're still feuding over the emojis?

• Laugh 7

I'm pretty sure that's Jill sitting between Jessa and Kendra - in grey.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

I'm pretty sure that's Jill sitting between Jessa and Kendra - in grey.

You're right! How on earth did I miss her?

• Laugh 3

So, maybe The Great Emoji Feud of 2019 has been settled peacefully after all. 😉

That or she just ignored Jill through the whole event. . . .

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4

4 hours ago, emma675 said:

That waitress in the back looks OVER IT. I love her.

Probably because she had to play babysitter to the younger girls who had to sit at the ‘kids’ table.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I see Jill managed to untangle herself from Derecks boy parts and bed to go somewhere. Guess that week they didn’t do it 6 times. 

• Laugh 15

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Amy writes a manifesto.

"Different phases in our lives"? With the exception of Deana and Michelle, they're all in the same baby-making phase. A phase they'll all remain in for the next 10 years or so.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Different phases in our lives"? With the exception of Deana and Michelle, they're all in the same baby-making phase. A phase they'll all remain in for the next 10 years or so.

Jana is not married. Johanna down to Ivy are still kids....Deanna and Michelle are post menopausal, so I get where she was coming from with that post. It was about all the women in the family spending time together. I would’ve called it a “multi-generational celebration” rather than “phase of life” but that’s just my way of phrasing things. 

• Like 21

And “different phases of our lives” in a more micro-sense also non-obviously acknowledges Joy’s recent loss, which I read as subtle and thoughtful/considerate.

Given that the major thing in Amy’s life has understandably been this pregnancy, my guess is she was also referring to the non-gestating/parenting (Jana and Laura, and the minor females/girls), the parenting but not-gestating or postpartum (Jing, Jill), and those doing the fourth trimester (Jessa), in contrast to her own and the Duggar in-laws’ pregnant phases. When you’re *in* those phases with your peers and friends, they do feel different, even though 5-20 years before or after those phases they’re kind of one phase. (No kids vs infants vs school-aged vs teens, etc.)

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Amy writes a manifesto.

She didn’t mention Jill 🤣

I would have been like and thank you cousin Jill for all your emojis filled Instagram.

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised Ivy is in her stroller in front Auntie Jana rather than her mother who is on the other side of the photo?

• Like 9
  • Sad 8

I get why Jessa is in the back with Jill and Anna, they are the tallest of the women. I was thinking more that regardless of which baby it is, he/she always seems to be near Jana. I mean it would make more sense for Michelle to hold her own granddaughter, FFS. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

010AEC71-30C8-40DC-910B-FFE7EAF328D0.jpeg

That is the stuff of nightmares.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 12

Nothing like hiking in an ankle length dress (Josie... whose sleeves also look weird/ cumbersome) and open toe sandals (Johannah, Jordyn). 

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

010AEC71-30C8-40DC-910B-FFE7EAF328D0.jpeg

I guess that takes care of  Science class for the week.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 14
  • Sad 4

On 8/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, JoanArc said:

It is free to listen to, just click play, Jed’s bit is in the middle.  For someone that was homeschooled he cares a lot about local school boards. And yes, he sounds really really uneducated. 

In line with their thinking, those local school boards are hotbeds of the enemy, which continues to raise up armies to fight against the mighty armies  of Doug Phillips, Bill Gothard, and Jim Bob Duggar! They must be brought into line by Jed the Idiot and the other uniquely capable troops of these generals for the correct Jesus! 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, Oldernowiser said:

“To smoke what the world calls the finest cigars from around the world.”

Um, what?

Hey, that was my favorite part! My favorite part in the world! 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is whiskey and cigars a growing trend?

It was a growing trend in the late 90s. 

And for some years after that it was dwindling trend. 

I don't know what it is now. 

Although maybe things are different in Arkansas. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Although maybe things are different in Arkansas. 

We're usually a little--or a lot--behind. 😉

Most of the Arkansas guys I know drink whiskey, but they're not going to go to some hipster bar to drink their daily fifth of Jack. LOL 

And most of the hipster guys I know in Arkansas who actually live in Fayetteville might want something a little snootier than whiskey. Though I guess if it was snooty-enough whiskey, maybe that would work. 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

On 8/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Barb23 said:

Why am I not surprised Ivy is in her stroller in front Auntie Jana rather than her mother who is on the other side of the photo?

Apparently baby Ivy is with her real mother Jana. Jessa seems to love and care for her first two sons only. Jessa is, after all, her mother’s daughter. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Sad 3

Funny how Jessa's boys and Ben, have been to every event Jessa has gone to. Want to bet Jessa made it a girls event only? The one and only girls event until the incoming half dozen are born, then we'll see the return of the boys and Ben.

I feel bad for Amy and Deanna as Mary surely would have been there. Does Amy have a grandma on her father's side?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Amy has never talked about grandparents from Terry's side. Or any relatives at all, come to think of it.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zella said:

We're usually a little--or a lot--behind. 😉

Most of the Arkansas guys I know drink whiskey, but they're not going to go to some hipster bar to drink their daily fifth of Jack. LOL 

And most of the hipster guys I know in Arkansas who actually live in Fayetteville might want something a little snootier than whiskey. Though I guess if it was snooty-enough whiskey, maybe that would work. 😂

Now that I'm in my late 30s, I appreciate a nice sippin whiskey especially bourbon.   I also enjoy a nice place to drink without idiotic college students.  I can't get that drunk anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I want to punch that idiotic face.

Which one? Jimblob or Meechelle? 

• Laugh 6

Boob's big mug made me nauseous, but Michelle has that pasted on grin, too.

It's got to be a toss-up.  Those poor kids.

• Like 4

This is sad. From other pics on her Insta, this actual shower was smaller than the cheap ass sprinkle.

• Sad 8

I knew Amy was having a proper baby shower with her friends. She had the 'sprinkle' for the Duggars because they are cheap party poopers. I bet she even foot the bill for everyone. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Like 9
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I want to punch that idiotic face.

We could sell raffle tickets. To me, his stupid mug says, "look at how many lives I've ruined! 19 kids and I've stifled every one of them!"

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Howlers, current and former, howlin'. Second slide is a video.

"Hey, kids, let's sing a dirge about hope!"

That is the least hopeful-sounding song about hope I've ever heard. It sounds like it is pitched too low for most of them, it is crazy slow in tempo, and they all sound medicated. I'd say keep your day jobs except they don't believe in day jobs. Or jobs of any kind.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now that I'm in my late 30s, I appreciate a nice sippin whiskey especially bourbon.   I also enjoy a nice place to drink without idiotic college students.  I can't get that drunk anymore. 

Is it wrong that my 26 year old son turned me on to Irish Whiskey? Seriously, Jameson. Especially Coopers Croze. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it wrong that my 26 year old son turned me on to Irish Whiskey? Seriously, Jameson. Especially Coopers Croze. 

Nope. Not wrong a bit. Thanks, son!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Other than wine,  my husband only drinks Scotch.  Single malt scotch.   Glenlivet.  The older the better.  The older the more expensive.

A caveat.  One sip puts me to sleep!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 5:03 PM, jcbrown said:

That is the stuff of nightmares.

Truly.  I needed a spoiler alert for that clenched-grinning mug!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, louannems said:

Truly.  I needed a spoiler alert for that clenched-grinning mug!

Word. I’ve always said his face needs to be behind a cut. 

• Like 2