Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

But how much disposable income do those women have? Sure there are some wealthy SAHMs out there (like the ones on the Real Housewives franchises), but most families living on just one income have to watch their money carefully. These women may flock to Amy's store at first because of the Duggar connection, but once they see the prices, they'll do more gawking than actual buying. And the ones who come because they're hoping to see Jessa modeling the clothes or some other Duggars like Michelle, Jill or Jana hanging out there will be disappointed (because I don't think that's going to happen).

If their husbands work for Walmart or one of the other corporations (in the office/corporate headquarters; not in the store), they may have more money. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I imagine that as the family's grown, Jana's run out of fucks to give. Not only does she have to shop for, organize and wrap presents for the main Duggars, but all the in-laws, grands and random Duggar-adjacents as well. That's a total of what, fifty people, give or take? I'd say to hell with it and chuck their crap into plastic bags as well. 

Wow. Do we know this or supposing?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

i feel for Hannie, sitting in that chair Indian style, with the blanket over her lap. Can you even imagine having to act "formal" all the time in a skirt? I literally can't imagine not changing out of my "real" clothes in record time before doing anything, into sweats or shorts. Can you imagine never getting to chill on the couch, unladylike, or even just sit with your knees apart? I love dresses and wear them to social events a majority of the time, but it's mind boggling to think of never getting to truly relax. Sure, people in the 1800's couldn't wear sweats either, but they also didn't have TV or big comfy couches. I could see the marrieds being comfortable enough to sit in an immodest way in the company of just their spouse, but I can't imagine having to be modest all the time in a huge household, especially since they think men are so easily tempted. 

Well, Josh IS lurking in the back there. ((shudders))

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

So festive!  How special those kids must feel, what with the community closet, shared underwear, dorm style bedroom and sister-moms to raise them!  Even if they don't have room to hang stockings, it is possible to get Christmas gift bags at the Dollar Store.  Or use plain shopping bags but actually decorate and personalize them.  But, no, nothing says loving parents like taking a sharpie to a plastic grocery bag.

One trip to Dollar Tree would do it. A red stocking with a fluffy top for each of them....then a set of glitter markers. Each kid could decorate their own.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised Josie's bag doesn't say "#19" on it.

• Love 22

Yeah the Duggars really don't have an excuse. My grandma makes an annual pilgrimage to the local dollar store on the day after Christmas to stock up on Christmas bags for .50 a piece. Between that and reusing them, she has a huge stockpile of gift bags. It's not that hard. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Portia said:

It's also possible to save and re-use inexpensive gift bags, festive-looking holiday boxes, bows, ribbon, and even tags if you're careful. This year at our house, my 30-year-old daughter pointed out some ribbon that she bought herself when she was still in college. That sort of thriftiness is supposed to be the Duggars' bread and butter! 

Yep, it's one of the many skills the Duggar kids learned at home so that they could have terribly successful lives as adults -- as JB repeatedly pointed out in that "The Duggars Go to College" video over on JB's and M's thread...... And here we see how well they learned it.....Along with other important stuff like the importance of browning ground beef before you chuck it into a casserole and so on. 

The flat-out hypocrisy and next-level dereliction of duty of those two shitheads is truly amazing. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, drafan said:

Well, Josh IS lurking in the back there. ((shudders))

One trip to Dollar Tree would do it. A red stocking with a fluffy top for each of them....then a set of glitter markers. Each kid could decorate their own.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised Josie's bag doesn't say "#19" on it.

You can bet Jordyn's says #18.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I included a pic of Josh’s headlights. 

4A62FFD944DA51C860A24A451FC39ADB.img-158

I wonder what those boys are watching so intensely on their phone. Josh is going to pop any one of these days now

Edited by Marthalord
  • Love 4

I'm thinking Josh is wearing a women's shirt. It definitely is too small but the neck size and length have me thinking it's a ladies' shirt. Wonder if he knows, because it's a sin to dress as a different gender by their rules.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Marthalord said:

I wonder what those boys are watching so intensely on their phone. 

I thought they were all Duggar boys. I mean the Duggars have a lot of boys and it's their house. But I just looked at the photo carefully and realised that's Lawson Bates and Trace Bates in the background and at least two of the boys on phones are Bates boys. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I thought they were all Duggar boys. I mean the Duggars have a lot of boys and it's their house. But I just looked at the photo carefully and realised that's Lawson Bates and Trace Bates in the background and at least two of the boys on phones are Bates boys. 

Good eye, I zoomed in and that’s definitely Lawson (can’t tell the younger Bates boys apart so the rest are a mystery). Seems weird they’d be at the Duggar’s house for Xmas, though. 

Edited by Kbo
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Good eye, I zoomed in and that’s definitely Lawson (can’t tell the younger Bates boys apart so the rest are a mystery). Seems weird they’d be at the Duggar’s house for Xmas, though. 

I noticed one of the younger Duggar boys at the Bateses' house in a Christmas photo. I'll see if I can find it; it was on Instagram I think.

The more I think about it, I think it was an Instagram story - it was a little video, so those have a limited lifespan. Just in case though I just looked at some of the Bateses photos and didn't see the one I remember. I think it was Justin.

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

It’s some of the Bates boys alright. For some reason I can’t figure out, they’ve been spending Christmas and NY at the Duggar residence for at least 3 years now. So it’s not really suspicious as in someone’s courting or getting married in the near future. It just doesn’t make any sense to miss Christmas with your family for 3 years in a row. What’s the deal with that?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Marthalord said:

It’s some of the Bates boys alright. For some reason I can’t figure out, they’ve been spending Christmas and NY at the Duggar residence for at least 3 years now. So it’s not really suspicious as in someone’s courting or getting married in the near future. It just doesn’t make any sense to miss Christmas with your family for 3 years in a row. What’s the deal with that?

Maybe their Christmas present is to get to pretend they have friends their own age. .... And as the Gothard empire wanes, you now have to travel all the way from Tennessee to Arkansas to find other guys your age you're permitted to hang with. ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
On 12/31/2018 at 12:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking Josh is wearing a women's shirt. It definitely is too small but the neck size and length have me thinking it's a ladies' shirt. Wonder if he knows, because it's a sin to dress as a different gender by their rules.

That is so funny & you may be correct.  I commented a while back that Josh looked like he was wearing a ladies shirt in one of the photos. IIRC, the shirt was blue & had some kind of pattern like polka dots on it, something a man wouldn't usually wear.  Someone replied they had the same or similar shirt with the design on it  & she used it as a nightshirt. 

• Love 4
On 12/31/2018 at 1:52 AM, mimionthebeach said:

You can bet Jordyn's says #18.

That's what I was thinking! Josie is always soooo special! They would say:

josh

josh's fam

3 and wife

4 and sons...but nothing for her headship!!!

5 and fam

nah, forget her, she lives too far away, and won't remember we didn't get her anything. We'll send her a blessing through Jesus!

7 and fam

8 and wife 

9 and fam

josie 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That's what I was thinking! Josie is always soooo special! They would say:

josh

josh's fam

3 and wife

4 and sons...but nothing for her headship!!!

5 and fam

nah, forget her, she lives too far away, and won't remember we didn't get her anything. We'll send her a blessing through Jesus!

7 and fam

8 and wife 

9 and fam

josie 

And Michelle and Jim Bob. And the magic number they were vying for, 20 - for Tyler.

• Love 5
On 12/30/2018 at 7:50 PM, Zella said:

Yeah the Duggars really don't have an excuse. My grandma makes an annual pilgrimage to the local dollar store on the day after Christmas to stock up on Christmas bags for .50 a piece. Between that and reusing them, she has a huge stockpile of gift bags. It's not that hard. 

You don't need even need to wait until the day after anymore. My Publix puts all of the decor, bags and wrapping at 50% off December 22nd so you can just wait and get it cheap and be on time. 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Loves2Dance said:

You don't need even need to wait until the day after anymore. My Publix puts all of the decor, bags and wrapping at 50% off December 22nd so you can just wait and get it cheap and be on time. 

The Duggars claim to be thrifty do-it-youselfers.  Why not take fabric scraps from sewing or quilting and have the kids sew gift bags. That's what I do.  Uses what's on hand and doesn't cost me anything.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, beagletime said:

The Duggars claim to be thrifty do-it-youselfers.  Why not take fabric scraps from sewing or quilting and have the kids sew gift bags. That's what I do.  Uses what's on hand and doesn't cost me anything.

But that takes effort...

The Duggars were thrifty because they had to be, not because they wanted to be. That became perfectly clear when TLC rolled in. 

• Love 16
On 12/31/2018 at 12:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

There's more room for his Moobs.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, beagletime said:

I hate when we have to think for the Duggars.  

ETA: That's a great idea to make reusable cloth gift bags. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

They must already have a million gift bags. I tuck away the bags all the time and reuse them. I think between me and my sister we've exchanged one bag about 4 years in a row. She'll give me a gift in it one year and the next year her gift goes in the bag. If we feel extra festive, we'll throw some ribbon or a bow on it. Other than Christmas time, I purchase generic but festive bags that can be used for any occasion.

• Love 7

Cousin Amy's shop website is now offline.  She either doesn't know how to operate a website or the business has already gone belly-up in just three weeks.  Maybe too many returns??? 

Counting On 1.png

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Cousin Amy's shop website is now offline.  She either doesn't know how to operate a website or the business has already gone belly-up in just three weeks.  Maybe too many returns??? 

Counting On 1.png

Down for me, too. I found Shoppe3130 - which looks like Amy's vision, only, you know, successful.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

do y'all think the original 3130 folks got her on trademark infringement?

That's very possible. Or she's using some cheap*ss hosting service that's just gone down temporarily. 

ETA, the more I think of it, the more I'm tickled by the idea that she got slapped with a cease and desist letter about trademark infringement, use of a deceptively similar business name, and maybe also just being a lazy blot on humanity in general. Hopefully a letter that was well-crafted by an intellectual property lawyer and while it would be perfectly appropriate, would nevertheless be likely to scare the pee out of the average human being.

Yes, I am sometimes not a nice person. Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

Well, it's interesting... I give her props if the "inventory" counts are actually up to date, because even big-box stores can't get that right.  I'm amused the testimonials are from customers with green hair (Erin Bates please look away) and tattoos they want to show off... I have no problem with these things, but they're not "Proverbs 31", which was a book of the bible putatively written when Jews thought body modification was a sacrilegious sin... 

Also scratching my head that she's randomly selling potpourri, with a big banner ad attached (any guesses what combination of hay, moonshine, or manure "Hillbilly Homebrew" smells like?).  If she's selling off old inventory from the stall with Grandma Mary, no bueno, because that's random and tacky.  If some local artisan talked her into stocking theirs I'd be less snarky, but that just seems so random and brand-diluting, and i doubt it as generally you'd think a local artisan would demand billing along with the ad...  If you want to run an Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie clone with both clothing and home accessories, then run one.  "Clothing and oh, btw, potpourri", doesn't do it for me. 

Also I think I found something uglier than Joy's schmatta:  Chenille that looks like fringe, plus pearl-studded denim, and whatever the unfortunate toque-looking purse is, all combined in one outfit, is heinous.

image.png.1d43bd5e45527c299ec3400ebc31e3b0.png 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Also I think I found something uglier than Joy's schmatta:  Chenille that looks like fringe, plus pearl-studded denim, and whatever the unfortunate toque-looking purse is, all combined in one outfit, is heinous.

image.png.1d43bd5e45527c299ec3400ebc31e3b0.png 

This looks like something DJ Tanner wore in a 1990 episode of Full House. Please tell me there's better offerings on her website.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This looks like something DJ Tanner wore in a 1990 episode of Full House. Please tell me there's better offerings on her website.

Yes all of Amy's clothes look like clothes circa 1990.  To some extent, the 90s are back, but these are not updated well or at all. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Pretty sure she just went to one of those millions-of-cheap-Chinese-clothes-for-wholesalers places like this    http://vanillamonkey.com/

and picked out a bunch of stuff kind of randomly. 

Is the third testimonial from Jess Seewald? 

If it is Jess Seewald (I wasn't sure), I'm pretty positive she said she was the one who wanted to show off her "ink", so coupled with the margaritas and job, I think we've found a genuine Duggar-adjacent apostate.  Go Jess!

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

As far as I can tell, the Amazeum is a legit science museum. Hooray!

Maybe they will learn some science by osmosis while there ;)

41B9D984-5FCF-4AF6-A543-7D9E37BCAB24.jpeg

Wow!  When I first saw the photo I figured a branch of the Creation Museum had come to Arkansas.  This place looks like a legitimate effort to bring science to kids.

• Love 12