Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, kokapetl said:

If Josie is nine, then those other kids are probably three and five. Not much in common. 

In general, Salvadorans are very small people; then again, so is Josie, but those kids might not be much younger than her, if at all.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, kokapetl said:

If Josie is nine, then those other kids are probably three and five. Not much in common. 

I don't know. Looking at the faces and expressions, I'd bet the older girl is probably around Josie's age. Of course they still probably have nothing in common..... I'd also be surprised if Josie could carry on much of a coherent conversation with anyone, including her age mates. Even in English. I doubt that her environment has fostered that ability. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

The older girl looks like she is aware that she is being condescended to by rich white Americans.  

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The two girls could probably teach Josie more about life, family and love than Josie could teach them. Jesus or no Jesus.

Yes to both of these. The amount they spent to schlep everyone down could have done some actual good. 

• Love 15

Josie is dressed shabbily IMO. "Friends"?...I'm sure they won't keep in contact at all nor will they actually 'know' any of these children. Such a waste of everyone's time and money to travel down there and not even speak their native language. I think those children are annoyed by the "American missionaries" who visit them and take up their time for nothing, really.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Josie is dressed shabbily IMO. "Friends"?...I'm sure they won't keep in contact at all nor will they actually 'know' any of these children. Such a waste of everyone's time and money to travel down there and not even speak their native language. I think those children are annoyed by the "American missionaries" who visit them and take up their time for nothing, really.

More Duggar bullshit. Slinging it is about the only thing they're truly "good" at, I'd say. Grifters and cons to the core. 

• Love 12

Maybe someone pointed out to the so-called parents that Josie wasn't as popular with the general public as they thought.  Not that she's hated, but her golden child status negatively affects many people.  But watching poor Jordyn Grace be pushed to the background and ignored has brought out a protective instinct in even casual viewers.  It makes sense to push her more into the spotlight, especially since the howlers can't be trusted to behave in front of a camera for any length of time but the Lost Girls are always a draw, and the Duggars need a draw these days.  They have lived on screen for so long they don't know how to go home and live quietly. 

I bet they'll never even consider if Jordyn wants to take a prominent position in the spotlight, or to wonder if she'd give up the dubious advantages of being a Duggar for a set of parents who loved her, wanted to know her, and considered it their purpose in life to guide her to a stable adulthood with a good solid background and the skills to make it in the world.

Edited by Zahdii
spelling
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Ok, sorry, but...I see at least two hickeys there. So classy, Amy! I guess we can believe your claims that you have sex alllllllll the time!!!

That dark spot in the middle of her neck has always been there and is some kind of melanin deposit.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Ok, sorry, but...I see at least two hickeys there. So classy, Amy! I guess we can believe your claims that you have sex alllllllll the time!!!

IMG_8169.PNG

Oh my, she looks terrible and bloated.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Mongolian spots? SGirl has them in the most unfortunate places. We had the doctor at the physical exam in China document them, then send verification to SBaby’s pediatrician at home.

I have one on the centre of my forehead 😬😬😬 i did not know that was the name of it, thank you! 

She has a bunch of styles. Some stuff is cute, but it all seems wildly overpriced. Her product names are ... okay. (She called a skirt “catch me singing in the car” cord skirt. Okay.)

None of it looks really appealing, but maybe im not the target. (But who is the target? Women her age?) 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

I have one on the centre of my forehead 😬😬😬 i did not know that was the name of it, thank you! 

I’m glad you now know.  SGirl has grown to treat them as a gift, it makes her special. But she is very aware why they will be questioned. Thankfully the questionable areas are only seen by her pediatrician. In the first county I practiced as a CPS SW so many kids were illegally removed from their parents due to Mongolian spots. That is why we got on the documentation so quickly.

I wish Amy the best on her new venture. Derick and Amy would have been the perfect couple. Aimlessly doing whatever their work averse selfs thought the Lord was laying on their hearts to do every 3-6 months.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, SMama said:

Derick and Amy would have been the perfect couple. Aimlessly doing whatever their work averse selfs thought the Lord was laying on their hearts to do every 3-6 months.

I see that, but she's way too hot-looking for him. Out of his league, as we used to say back when I was young.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_8169.PNG

I don’t think those are hickeys, I think they are melanin deposits like others said. 

Her face looks fuller than usual (could be because her hair is up) but other than that she looks nice and normal. I like the coat. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I see that, but she's way too hot-looking for him. Out of his league, as we used to say back when I was young.

Since alternative facts rule our reality now, how about them as a couple in an alternative universe? 😉

• Love 3

The top Joy is wearing, however, is hideous. As are most of the other items she has for sale. 

Cousin Amy flamed out in Nashville, and I can't see her being any more successful in the fashion industry if those items are what she's selling.  But the girl doesn't give up, I'll give her that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

The top Joy is wearing, however, is hideous. As are most of the other items she has for sale. 

Cousin Amy flamed out in Nashville, and I can't see her being any more successful in the fashion industry if those items are what she's selling.  But the girl doesn't give up, I'll give her that. 

At least she’s trying!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly! At least Amy shows some interest in something. Unlike say, Jessa, who never ever has.

Yep. It's definitely a 'compared to what" situation. I'm no fan of Der, Jer, Austin or Bin either. But, as with Amy, every single one of them has shown more interest in at least something -- plus at least some small inclination to act on an interest -- than any Duggarling ever has. 

Honestly, the lack of any interests or motivational sparks at all among the young Duggars just baffles me. I guess it might be due mainly to the advent to TeeVee in their lives, so they all became TeeVee stahs and figured that was the be-all and end-all of life. But the apparent 19-for-19 damp squibs still stuns me. Did some life-spark-extinguishing chemical leak from the landfill into the TTH water supply or what? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

The ones that show any spark as teenagers get sent to Alert or Journey to Something and have all their individuality stamped out. By the time they graduate, they've come to realize that their lives are freakin' boring and they have absolutely nothing to look forward to for the future. They're not going to go to college, have a career, or spend their 20s working for Taco Bell and smoking pot on the beach with their friends. They don't actually have friends. Unlike most of the young adults in America, who are encouraged to grow up, move out, and become productive members of society, they're expected to stay home until they're married and the only thing that changes is they now get to have sex and raise their own kids instead of their siblings. Jim Bob is still the boss of them. I'd be pretty amazed if most of them aren't suffering from depression by the time they turn 19 or 20.

• Love 21
On 21/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, Mollie said:

The only thing Amy is trying to do is to avoid working a regular 8 to 5 job.

Her boutique will end up a 10-3 operation, closed Mon-Wed and open a few hours every other Sunday morning. 

• Love 11

Maybe she'll do a special Sunday Champaign sale? She could offer a Dixie cup of cheap store brand champaign or sparkling cider for shoppers to spill while looking at her ugly overpriced outfits.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Maybe she'll do a special Sunday Champaign sale? She could offer a Dixie cup of cheap store brand champaign or sparkling cider for shoppers to spill while looking at her ugly overpriced outfits.

Do 3130 women shop on Sunday? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Maybe I’m not reading this correctly, or I am missing something, but why couldn’t she have said the hours were Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm and closed Sunday?

Yes, but to do that would indicate that Amy has some sort of clue as to how to actually run a business.  So, this way, anyone looking at the sign can understand that the shop is being run by an idiot.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, but to do that would indicate that Amy has some sort of clue as to how to actually run a business.  So, this way, anyone looking at the sign can understand that the shop is being run by an idiot.

Ah. Got it!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I love how the Duggars taught the kids all about debt, finance, working for yourself, etc, but likely left out the statistic that something like 90% of small business fail within 4 years.

Maybe since there's no pregnancies to film lately, Amy will get a show or two film in the store for a Jessa plotline.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I love how the Duggars taught the kids all about debt, finance, working for yourself, etc, but likely left out the statistic that something like 90% of small business fail within 4 years.

Maybe since there's no pregnancies to film lately, Amy will get a show or two film in the store for a Jessa plotline.

I haven't ever seen details, but it does seem as if Jim Bob's small businesses are eternal....or at least eternally resurrectable...Like zombies, maybe? Seems like the car lots and towing businesses and airplane rentals and such go on and on or come and go or...whatever it is they do aside from raising the question whether they're there to actually earn money or to lose it for tax purposes.... 

I expect "working" (?) in and around his "businesses" might give you, if anything, a very...odd...view of how small businesses work...so maybe that's what they've got....

• Love 6