Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay, so I looked up her shop .... And....wow.... cognitive dissonance to the max (for me, anyway). .... 
I was wondering about that store name. And, sure enough, here's the story -- 

'About the shop

3130, It’s from a verse in the Bible.  “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30“  '

And then I tried to put that "beauty is vain" thing together with some of the clothing pics on the site. Like this one, for example -- 

Okay, "beauty is vain," Proverbs 31 woman. .... Amy? Amy? Really? Since when is she so dang religious? And what about her penchant for dressing up like "Pretty Woman." ... hmmm...

And I guess I see a FEW below-the-knee dresses. But I can't say I see a whole lot for Jessa and Jingle to model ........Or for the devoutly modest women you'd THINK that a Proverbs 31 Woman Clothing Store would want as its customers to actually buy and wear.... And how many people who want a low necked, bare-shouldered, knee-showing, hinting-at-showing-the-good-china dress like this one would think to go to a Proverbs 31 Woman Clothing Store to buy it?

Trying to pretend she's a Duggar or even a rebel Duggar sure is getting the Amester to do some weird-ass marketing, if you ask me. 

She dressed up like Pretty Woman once and anyway, you must not have read the bible, the "Pretty Woman" character is exactly the kind of person Jesus used to hang out with. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She dressed up like Pretty Woman once and anyway, you must not have read the bible, the "Pretty Woman" character is exactly the kind of person Jesus used to hang out with. 

Well, that's certainly true of Jesus! ...

But it seems to me that she's not referencing Jesus so much here as she's trying to appeal to the Duggar-type religious person, since they seem to me to be the ones most excited about the Proverbs-31 woman (as far as I know, anyway). And I don't think the Duggar types have a positive response to dresses like the one she's showing here, to movies (or characters) like Pretty Woman, or even to the biblical stories about Jesus hanging out with this type of women. I can't say I've ever heard such a thing from the Duggar-religion-type crowd anyway. They're the ones that say women who even let their knees peep out from below a dress are actively trying to send defenseless men to hell.....I can 't really see a Duggar showing much sympathy for a prostitute, although maybe I'm way off base about that!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm watching a loooong Instagram story from Amy right now and she's talking about her new clothing shop in Arkansas and online shop at shop3130.com, and she says Jessa, and maybe Jing, are going to model for her. Twice now she's said that Jessa will be modeling for her. I don't know if that means on her shop website or what. It'll be interesting to see what kind of clothes Jessa will wear.

She's saying that she and Dillon are in L.A. right now for a couple of days for some TV thing, I think.  She's also saying that she will continue working with the teen girls who are in a court-ordered facility - more like a jail, she says. It's not a group home, but a locked facility. But she's being vague about what she'll be doing with these girls going forward - she's going to "be in their lives." So it doesn't sound like she has any regular hours there anymore.

Maybe Amy is bringing out some modest clothes for fundies that might actually look good. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Maybe Amy is bringing out some modest clothes for fundies that might actually look good. 

Well, my point has been that she'd better do one thing or the other.

What she's got right now seems to serve one set of customers, and if she goes toward fundie clothes then she'll be serving a totally different group. ............And as far as I know, it's really difficult to effectively meet the wants of two diametrically opposed customer groups in the same very small store. 

Given the name of the store, I'd say she should go for nice-looking modest clothes for fundies so her branding makes sense. .... Saying now that she'll bring Jessa and Jingle on board makes it seem as if that could be her plan. But she's going to have to clear out most of her current stock before she can do that..... And of course if she has customers now, they'll leave along with the stock.... So there's obviously a risk in making that shift, too. But she'd have to make a change if she wants to sell the modest clothes, because I don't think modest dressers will want to peruse a web site or a brick and mortar store that also has those plunging necklines and short dresses. .... Nor are they likely to want to sift through those looking for their modest stuff.............And vice versa for the plunging-neckline lovers. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Jessa would look much better if she would at least cut her hair like that.  I do like that shade of blue, also (but not on me.)  hehe, harlot dress :)

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

No, No.  She should model this one from Amy's site:

Counting On 2.jpg

Oh, yeah.  Major side boob cleavage!

• Love 1

Amy says that she has been planning this dress shop for over a year.  The store is located in an industrial area and will probably never have walk-by traffic.  The website is a mess and she doesn't even list fabric content.  Her return policy states that if you buy something on sale or with a discount code, you can never send it back for a refund or exchange. That's no way to treat your customers, build a following or build a business.

Most of the clothes on her website are just plain ugly. Walmart has better styles and selection than Amy's store right now.   

There is already an online store called shoppe 3130.  https://www.shoppe3130.com/ What did Amy title her Facebook page for the store?  Shop 3130.  Amy's website: https://shop3130.com/ She should have done her homework before naming her store, or was she just deliberately plagiarizing and infringing on someone else's business?

She's tried selling clothing online before and failed miserably.  She tried running a kiosk store with Grandma Mary and failed miserably.  This new venture will go the same way.  Too bad she gave up/got fired from her job as a Youth Care Worker in the 28-patient psychiatric facility. She lasted three months.  On second thought, those girls are probably better off without Amy's advice on how they could improve their lives.  Crazy can't help crazy.  

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Barb23 said:

But she would definitely need the modesty Tshirt or turtleneck underneath. 

Don't forget the tacked-on pillow slip at the hem and the white leggings sticking out at the bottom. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Amy says that she has been planning this dress shop for over a year.  The store is located in an industrial area and will probably never have walk-by traffic.  The website is a mess and she doesn't even list fabric content.  Her return policy states that if you buy something on sale or with a discount code, you can never send it back for a refund or exchange. That's no way to treat your customers, build a following or build a business.

Most of the clothes on her website are just plain ugly. Walmart has better styles and selection than Amy's store right now.   

There is already an online store called shoppe 3130.  https://www.shoppe3130.com/ What did Amy title her Facebook page for the store?  Shop 3130.  Amy's website: https://shop3130.com/ She should have done her homework before naming her store, or was she just deliberately plagiarizing and infringing on someone else's business?

She's tried selling clothing online before and failed miserably.  She tried running a kiosk store with Grandma Mary and failed miserably.  This new venture will go the same way.  Too bad she gave up/got fired from her job as a Youth Care Worker in the 28-patient psychiatric facility. She lasted three months.  On second thought, those girls are probably better off without Amy's advice on how they could improve their lives.  Crazy can't help crazy.  

I think the main issue is the name, as Shoppe 3130 does not appear to sell predominantly clothes.

These look like Fashion Nova clothes, Amy probably purchased her clothes from the same Chinese factory but rebranded with a different label. I've heard of many online stores doing this. I doubt she knows anything about the clothes quality or material.

• Love 5
On 12/11/2018 at 2:31 PM, Temperance said:

Well, primarily we have to blame Garry Marshall etc. for making prostitution cuddly and PG-friendly; but there’s a difference between ‘hanging out with prostitutes’ and ‘emulating them’, which is what someone dressed in hooker garb would be doing.  In this analogy, Amy’s dippy husband is the Jesus figure.

also, I’m a little disgusted that my spec about Amy having a shallow knee jerk interest in troubled youth backed up only by flimsy temporary emotionalism came true.  She may be a nice Duggar, but she’s a particularly airheaded one based upon that maneuver, IMO.  Mick Jagger has had relationships longer than Amy was interested in modeling Christlike love for the kids.

• Love 10

Josie at nine gets to go on a missioncation? Silly me, she’s the miracle baby, and they are probably passing out pics of an undiapered Josie in the NICU. Best way to let those Catholic heathens know Josie was saved because Jesus (and not modern medicine).  I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that picture other than I would never share it. What makes me stabby is Michelle covering Josie’s shoulder like she was about to defraud every male in America, those stupid leggins, and their overall modesty preaching.

I didn’t know Pizza Hut has a mascot.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle resembles a linebacker in the last pic.

And doesn't MEchelle have a big ol' eye trap on her shirt?

Is that Jordyn in the green shirt with Josie in the Pizza Hut pics? If so, she's really changing in appearance - her face is maturing and I would not have known it was her.

• Love 1

I’m sure the Bible says somewhere that all adult women must wear mustard at all times.  Probably squashed between the reports of Jesus hating poor people and sex workers. Wait a minute...

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, heckkitty said:

I’m sure the Bible says somewhere that all adult women must wear mustard at all times.  Probably squashed between the reports of Jesus hating poor people and sex workers. Wait a minute...

It’s right before Jesus was born in the manger decorated with 5000 watts of Christmas lights. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

They're about as articulate as the rest of their family, only they talk more, which, given what comes out of their mouths, they probably shouldn't.

• Love 10
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's the best picture of Josie that Michelle could find for them to use on the poster?  Really?

She couldn't be bothered to take a nice new photo of the kid wearing something cute in patriotic red or blue and maybe ran a damn comb through her hair?  Jesus Michelle you're trying to make Josie *happen* at least put a little effort into it, you lazy sow.

She's going for the Preemie Moppet look. "Buy this CD, it will help fund this poor child's daily single meal of gruel."

• Love 6

Since Josie is below the SOS age limit, I imagine JB & M are holed up in a hotel with Josie, seeing the sights while the rest of the family hand out dum-dums & deflated balls and are sitting in the wind blown dirt painting fingernails.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, heckkitty said:

It's that thing about the mustard seed. That's in the "I hate libruls" gospel chapter, right? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Since Josie is below the SOS age limit, I imagine JB & M are holed up in a hotel with Josie, seeing the sights while the rest of the family hand out dum-dums & deflated balls and are sitting in the wind blown dirt painting fingernails.

Omg, that would be so up their alley wouldn't it? I can just picture the scene at the airport: Jana wrangling duffle bags and children into a dilapidated pick-up truck while Michelle, Boob and Josie hightail it to the Hilton.

• Love 12
Spoiler

Oops^^^^^

I'm shocked they remembered Jordyn has a birthday too.

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

47C8A316-A563-46FA-8A00-1A5F1222B3A2.jpeg

1F8316B3-6F9B-4F86-AF7D-E84C50C2CB32.jpeg

5895DF7F-687A-4B9D-A285-449B267E25BC.jpeg

692CDC5F-B3CF-4FDD-B684-68F5ECD08DDA.jpeg

0FE2E124-8B04-4487-9B2A-8EA9BE9AEEBF.jpeg

I'm also shocked to see Mechelle's natural legs & shoes other than her clodhoppers.

Shouldn't the birthday girls be in the picture with the mascot?

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Barb23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oops^^^^^

I'm also shocked to see Mechelle's natural legs & shoes other than her clodhoppers.

I think she is wearing nude-toned hose.  Her legs have a bit of a sheen.  My mom wears compression hose on a daily basis, but she tends to wear the nude ones instead of black.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oops^^^^^

Regardless of their repulsive views and lackadaisical approach to actual child rearing, I think Michelle looks very good for someone who has given birth to that many blessings.  Her spanx is probably working overtime, but, still...

• Love 7
On 13/12/2018 at 12:38 AM, ginger90 said:

47C8A316-A563-46FA-8A00-1A5F1222B3A2.jpeg

1F8316B3-6F9B-4F86-AF7D-E84C50C2CB32.jpeg

5895DF7F-687A-4B9D-A285-449B267E25BC.jpeg

692CDC5F-B3CF-4FDD-B684-68F5ECD08DDA.jpeg

0FE2E124-8B04-4487-9B2A-8EA9BE9AEEBF.jpeg

I just can’t stop laughing at this “the girls loved it” shows us two photos of Jordyn and Josie looking awkward and embarrassed 😂.And don't even get me started on how awkward Jana & Michelle look. Take some good photos or don’t bother. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 21
On 12/13/2018 at 4:45 AM, babyhouseman said:

Here's another article about that interview.  Amy is getting creamed in the comments, and there are a ton of them!  Too funny. https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/amy-duggar-king-gives-tmi-about-wild-sex-

First of all, they don't look super-thrilled to be hanging around with Josie.

Secondly, I'm guessing that these are poor children, and yet they are better put together than any of the lost girls. Their clothes fit them, and go together, their faces are clean and their hair is combed.

• Love 17