Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Why does Jenny have such a bloated stomach? I know it's normal for kids to gain a bit of weight before a growth spurt, but hers seems to be concentrated in only one area. I hope she's okay and doesn't have a health issue.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Why does Jenny have such a bloated stomach? I know it's normal for kids to gain a bit of weight before a growth spurt, but hers seems to be concentrated in only one area. I hope she's okay and doesn't have a health 

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1BBBF3C3-9A45-4C0B-A431-B8ABB4D64E11.jpeg

We've noticed Jenny's bloated stomach before. It does seem weird its concentrated in one area and it's even stretching out her shirt.  Any medical people out there that could make an educated guess what it could be? I think someone guessed lactose intolerant before. 

Just some observations about the picture: Why couldn't Jordyn & Josie throw a pair of shoes on?  I know they cant help it, but those two really have some long ugly feet.  (Coming from someone who had large feet growing up.) I know Josie was a micro preemie & kids come in all sizes but what a size difference between the soon to be 9 year olds Mack & Josie. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

1BBBF3C3-9A45-4C0B-A431-B8ABB4D64E11.jpeg

First of all, I'm guessing that the woman standing next to Amy is her mother -- Amy's a carbon copy of her.

I've posted this before about other photos, but why are the feet there at all? Why do the Duggars have so much trouble composing a photo? Put the taller people in the back, group the little girls in the front, and take a photo of their faces!

The person taking this picture could clearly see the little girls' ratty skirts and dirty feet -- why not just crop them out? 

• Love 8
On 10/1/2018 at 11:46 AM, Barb23 said:

We've noticed Jenny's bloated stomach before. It does seem weird its concentrated in one area and it's even stretching out her shirt.  Any medical people out there that could make an educated guess what it could be? I think someone guessed lactose intolerant before. 

Just some observations about the picture: Why couldn't Jordyn & Josie throw a pair of shoes on?  I know they cant help it, but those two really have some long ugly feet.  (Coming from someone who had large feet growing up.) I know Josie was a micro preemie & kids come in all sizes but what a size difference between the soon to be 9 year olds Mack & Josie. 

Pinworms or other parasite?  Pinworms spread like wildfire, you even can get them from touching the handle of a shopping cart.  It's common in kids, like lice.  I've often wondered if the duggars have ever had issues with lice or parasites.  Anyway, a parasite infection could definitely cause a bloated stomach.  If you aren't on top of things pinworms are notorious for reinfection.  :/ 

Edited by Meow25
content
  • Love 5

I don't know about the bloating some people have seen on Jenny, but in that picture it looks to me like she has pulled her arms in her shirt and has them crossed over her stomach.  I've seen kids do this sometimes, especially if they are cold or shy.  Also, I tried to see her arms elsewhere and they aren't there as far as I can tell.  Just my 2 cents.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I don't know about the bloating some people have seen on Jenny, but in that picture it looks to me like she has pulled her arms in her shirt and has them crossed over her stomach.  I've seen kids do this sometimes, especially if they are cold or shy.  Also, I tried to see her arms elsewhere and they aren't there as far as I can tell.  Just my 2 cents.

I think you’re spot on about Jenny’s shirt. Her sleeves look empty, and that odd shaped bulge on her abdomen could just be her crossed hands. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, bythelake said:

I think you’re spot on about Jenny’s shirt. Her sleeves look empty, and that odd shaped bulge on her abdomen could just be her crossed hands. 

I don't know...the bulge seems mainly to be on her left side, so no arm bulge there, plus there's a hand on her upper right arm (Amy's?). If her sleeve was empty, it would press against her side. I suppose just the left sleeve could be empty with that arm under her shirt, but that would seem to be an awkward position.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2

That didn't occur to me, but you are probably right about the arms bulging out her shirt like that.

She could be embarrassed that she's getting boobs.  I know I was, when I was 10 or 11.  I was an early bloomer, and very self-conscious of it.  I remember one boy in 6th grade saying to someone, "she's more stacked than my mom."  I was mortified.  As a shy introvert, I've never liked that kind of attention, especially not as a pre-teen.  And I wasn't even raised with the idea that being a brood mare and helpmeet were my only options.  Poor Jenny.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

That didn't occur to me, but you are probably right about the arms bulging out her shirt like that.

She could be embarrassed that she's getting boobs.  I know I was, when I was 10 or 11.  I was an early bloomer, and very self-conscious of it.  I remember one boy in 6th grade saying to someone, "she's more stacked than my mom."  I was mortified.  As a shy introvert, I've never liked that kind of attention, especially not as a pre-teen.  And I wasn't even raised with the idea that being a brood mare and helpmeet were my only options.  Poor Jenny.

Can't have Jenny's Dirty Pillows out for everyone to see!  I think you are right @Normades (and everyone else).  I too had boobs way earlier than my classmates (bra shopping at 10 anyone?) and it was really uncomfortable.  From comments to strap pulling.  I went to school with assholes.  To this day I am very uncomfortable with low cut shirts.  And to think people pay big bucks for big boobs!  In Jenny's case it also doesn't help that there is an ugly past history in this family.

• Love 9

It doesn’t look to me that she has her hands inside her tshirt, the hang of the t shirt doesn’t look right for her to have slipped her arms out of her sleeves

It looks like her hands are behind her back

Edited by Totally
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know...the bulge seems mainly to be on her left side, so no arm bulge there, plus there's a hand on her upper right arm (Amy's?). If her sleeve was empty, it would press against her side. I suppose just the left sleeve could be empty with that arm under her shirt, but that would seem to be an awkward position.

It’s just that if her abdomen were bloated it would be more rounded. It’s looks like she’s got something under her shirt.

if it is a growth of some sort, I would hope that  Meechelle would take her to have it checked. Jenny’s always been a little overweight, but this seems unusual. There was a picture of her, a few months ago showing her stomach protruding, but nothing like this.

I feel bad even discussing this, no snark intended, I hope it is just her hands under her shirt and nothing more.

• Love 3
On 2018-10-02 at 2:58 PM, Normades said:

There have been a few pictures in which Jenni's abdomen appears distended, so I don't think it's her arms here. I noticed it a while ago and now I'm always studying new photos for it. 

I hope it's nothing serious. 

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 3

I remember seeing a picture a while back of them at the silos, the one where Josh looked greasy and 600 pounds, where people first started talking about it. Jenni looked pregnant! That was an alarmingly long time ago, I think. 

It's this picture! Posted April 9, so not as long ago as it seems, but long enough to get it checked out!

IMG_4742.PNG

• Love 6

The boutique racket seems to be the way that a lot of young, Christian women are going.  I have a few friends who have started hip little boutiques or work at one. I’m not sure how much they sell because I never end up buying anything myself, but they’re still in business and plugging the items they sell on Facebook. Lots of random pieces and lots of random Bible verses.  I think Amy will have a good niche to sell to but I’m not sure if she and her husband have the business smarts (I also don’t know if I’d go into business with a man I was just on Marriage Bootcamp with). Good luck to them.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 2

Amy worked a whole, what, three months? That's long enough. The troubled girls of Arkansas are all saved. NEW PROJECT TIME!

In addition to being a first-time business owner, Amy said the venture is also a new opportunity because she’ll be working side-by-side with her husband, Dillon. Dillon is also a co-owner of 3130.

He must've really needed a job. His medial bills and DUI must've gotten paid off.

Maybe Grandma Mary is an investor?

Rich people often give their kids failing/never-going-to-make-much as a tax shelter or for money laundering. But of course, the Duggars are very moral and good with money. This venture can't fail!

• Love 13

She's going to run a business and keep her job? Even with her husband working, that doesn't seem likely. I think this is the typical Duggar way of misrepresentation: Amy will help troubled teens buy clothes a her store, or may work there as chasers. 

• Love 7

I'm putting this in the miscellaneous category since it involves random tidbits about various Duggar children, but here's Pickles' Q&A with the mysterious "Sam":

https://m.facebook.com/Pickles4Truth/

Obviously take with a grain of salt. If true, there's some stuff we already know: Jessa's mean as a snake, daughters are pressured into accepting husbands Daddy has chosen for them (hello, Joy), but also some encouraging things as well. This person alleges the girls weren't treated differently or seen as damaged goods after the molestations, and he/she contends Jana is unmarried because she chooses to be. I'm hoping these are at least accurate statements.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, JoanArc said:

She's going to run a business and keep her job? Even with her husband working, that doesn't seem likely. I think this is the typical Duggar way of misrepresentation: Amy will help troubled teens buy clothes a her store, or may work there as chasers. 

Wow. For a Duggar, she’s a veritable workaholic!  Have a business AND work a job?!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Her store doesn’t open til December, so l agree - don’t give her too much credit yet for working 2 jobs. Maybe she’ll work PT at the teen home for awhile, but I kinda doubt it.

Meanwhile, how many boutiques survive except maybe in a major tourist area? Correct me if I’m wrong, but how can a little shop compete?

Edited by OpieTaylor
  • Love 5

Correct me if I’m wrong, but how can a little shop compete?

Ia Amy ever on Counting On? there will of course be a commercial, er...neat, sweet, special visit of the store by her favorite cousins. But, even then, this will go like Amy's country music career.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Her store doesn’t open til December, so l agree - don’t give her too much credit yet for working 2 jobs. Maybe she’ll work PT at the teen home for awhile, but I kinda doubt it.

Meanwhile, how many boutiques survive except maybe in a major tourist area? Correct me if I’m wrong, but how can a little shop compete?

It’s allegedly going to be very “shocking”. Amy’s Shocking Boutique.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

In my area of the south, we have a few boutiques that do pretty well.  We only have the basic stores locally and our selection sucks.  I'm sure it's the same near Amy.  Walmart's clothing options are cheap and casual.   Amy could do well for herself if she stocks nice tops and dresses at reasonable prices.  And maybe some costume jewelry.   

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In my area of the south, we have a few boutiques that do pretty well.  We only have the basic stores locally and our selection sucks.  I'm sure it's the same near Amy.  Walmart's clothing options are cheap and casual.   Amy could do well for herself if she stocks nice tops and dresses at reasonable prices.  And maybe some costume jewelry.   

I could see that. I was born, raised and currently live in Chicago, so I’m used to having a vast selection of everything I could want. If you’re from a smaller town or mid sized city, you might not want to order everything online or drive an hour away to a major department store. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, BitterApple said:

On 10/1/2018 at 6:58 AM, ginger90 said:

Oops ^^^^

Maybe Amy got the idea of a store from RHONJ  Melissa Gorga's "Envy" store. Somehow I dont think Amy's will be as classy as Envy.  Plus I would think you would need some kind of business sense, knowledge and/or degree to own & run a store.

Off topic:  There was a stand that sold the best homemade soft pretzels in the shopping center I used to go to. They were the best & they would even. custom make one for you. We always went there first so Son of Barb could get a tray of the Nugget size pretzels, which kept him busy while shopping. The guy that owned & ran it had a tough guy image with beard, tattoos, scraggly jeans, etc. He always had a group of teen aged boys hanging around him. You should have seen the looks on their faces when he told them he owned the business &  graduated from college with a business degree. He told them he always wanted to own a business & needed schooling to know how to do it.  I wonder what happened to him & his stand. They had to move when they transformed the regular Walmart to a super Walmart. 

BtW- no offense to the tough guy image people out there who have beards and tatoos & wear scraggly jeans. 

• Love 4

I love the idea of a guy who had a dream, planned ahead, got the education and is now doing his thing and being himself.  I hope he continued doing well in his new location.

The last time I was in Seattle, there was a crew of landscapers that showed up once a week to do their thing.  Most of the guys rode together in the company vehicles and got to work, but one of them rode his Harley to the job site.  The sight of him tenderly laying out bedding plants in his biker gear was adorable.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

I predict her "boutique" will go the way of the antique mall shop or whatever it was that Amy and Mary were doing.  

Yeah… Whatever happened with that? 

• Love 1

Can she sing, or are they relying on peoples good nature and the story of her miracle birth to win over the audience?

I'm assuming that she's outgrown her licking habit, otherwise it'll be "Oh, say can you <slurp> by the dawn’s early <slurp>..."

• Love 10
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Baby June Josie. I hope singing and performing is something she really wants to do, but who am I kidding? Michelle's desperate for a new show pony to put her back on center stage.

Josie is not allowed to know what she wants to do.

• Love 22