Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

So, regarding this:

TLC should change its name to TLA -- The Lazy Ass network.   Those are my initials... sigh......

Sorry, no offense intended!     It could also stand for That Luscious Angel. (or Aviatrix)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I can't believe a couple of losers like that get a TV special.

I tried to explain who Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey were to my mom when she had paused on their  ABC TV special a few years ago.  "Okay so he's in a boy band and she's a pop singer and they got married and they had an MTV show..." "But that still doesn't explain what they're doing here."  "No Mom it doesn't."   *Nothing* explains the Duggar existence on TV.     I'm just glad Mom doesn't watch ANY TLC shows because if she knew about any of this Duggar bullshit she'd pop a cork.  [Purely PBS and Food Network for her.]  

• Love 9

Dylan pretends to work about 3 times a year. Otherwise, he's building monster trucks to show in Vegas later this year. Famy? She gets money from pimping boutiques. That's their grocery $$. They hope TLC will give them a special. 

Don't watch. Let the leghumpers who still approve of her (greatly thinned/ing) carry her ratings. LMAO

• Love 2

You know I used to not think Amy was fame hungry, but after this year and marriage boot camp, it's written in stars right above her head "needs to be famous"

On 6/9/2017 at 9:46 AM, heatherrrrz said:

You know I used to not think Amy was fame hungry, but after this year and marriage boot camp, it's written in stars right above her head "needs to be famous"

I can only blame her to a point because they keep throwing things like Specials and money at her.

• Love 1

Poor ol' Amy is still looking for a way to be famous.  Thankfully, she's given up on being a singer and finally realized that she isn't one.

In January she decided to open an online clothing shop, Sweet Rachel. The Facebook page for that shop only has 88 likes.  Her inventory is now down to six items. 

Amy and husband then started this YouTube channel in February to post videos of themselves: The Kings Life.  It's already been taken down.

In April she started a blog about fashion to go along with her online shop.  She made one post about fashion and then two posts about problems in her marriage.  Her posts get no comments.

Time to rebrand again.  In May, the duo started calling themselves 'The Southern Kings' and recorded three podcasts answering questions.  The questions are mostly about marriage problems.  Amy has decided that people actually want to hear her advice on marriage.  Dillon doesn't say much because he is completely overshadowed by Amy's annoying, adolescent voice.

Only seven months into their marriage, they went for counseling on the reality TV show Marriage Boot Camp.  “I think the general public and anyone who asks us tends to forget that we’re not there to be involved in some show,” husband Dillon explained. “We’re there going to therapy."

The two revealed that they didn't fall in love like most people do.  They were just drinking friends for about seven years.  On the show, Amy admitted that she actually hit Dillon and said that she didn't want to be with him and didn't want to have children with him.  On a Fox News interview, Amy admitted "Our one year has been difficult."  Also from the interview: "And while Dillon made it clear he had no interest in filming another reality TV series in the near future, his wife hasn’t completely rejected the idea."

So, why are these two so interesting that TLC has decided to give them a special?  I think it is for the same reason that Jill and Jessa got one.  The TLC contract for 19 Kids and Counting, no doubt, had some kind of moral turpitude clause for cancelling the contract.  That would apply to Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh.  But the network had already negotiated a deal for the Jill/Jessa spinoff and also for Amy's wedding to Dillon King.  The idea for a Jill/Jessa show was reinstated (due to some heavy negotiating by Jim Bob for TLC's punishing the victims, I presume).  But, the special for Amy's wedding was cancelled permanently.

Dillon made a big stink about this at the time, because the proposed show was cancelled two weeks after their engagement was announced in July, 2015.  He asked fans to protest to TLC.

I think that TLC was forced to make good on the deal to give Amy and Dillon a special and that is why the one-year anniversary special was created.  Think about that.  TLC doesn't even do one-year anniversary specials for the married Duggar kids and they, at least, have a fan base. Nobody cares about Amy and Dillon. Let us just hope that this is the last we hear about Amy.  She's almost 31-years-old and it's time for her to start acting her age and find some kind of stable job.  She also needs to get a divorce or to quit bitching publicly about how bad her marriage is.    

• Love 14

louanems: That's what I was preparing to type myself...The Kings need to get real jobs, you know ones that require them to actually be at their places of employment, offer benefits and retirement. Build a real life, you two and please grow up before you have ANY children of your own or adopt any.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Poor ol' Amy is still looking for a way to be famous.  Thankfully, she's given up on being a singer and finally realized that she isn't one.

In January she decided to open an online clothing shop, Sweet Rachel. The Facebook page for that shop only has 88 likes.  Her inventory is now down to six items. 

Amy and husband then started this YouTube channel in February to post videos of themselves: The Kings Life.  It's already been taken down.

In April she started a blog about fashion to go along with her online shop.  She made one post about fashion and then two posts about problems in her marriage.  Her posts get no comments.

Time to rebrand again.  In May, the duo started calling themselves 'The Southern Kings' and recorded three podcasts answering questions.  The questions are mostly about marriage problems.  Amy has decided that people actually want to hear her advice on marriage.  Dillon doesn't say much because he is completely overshadowed by Amy's annoying, adolescent voice.

Only seven months into their marriage, they went for counseling on the reality TV show Marriage Boot Camp.  “I think the general public and anyone who asks us tends to forget that we’re not there to be involved in some show,” husband Dillon explained. “We’re there going to therapy."

The two revealed that they didn't fall in love like most people do.  They were just drinking friends for about seven years.  On the show, Amy admitted that she actually hit Dillon and said that she didn't want to be with him and didn't want to have children with him.  On a Fox News interview, Amy admitted "Our one year has been difficult."  Also from the interview: "And while Dillon made it clear he had no interest in filming another reality TV series in the near future, his wife hasn’t completely rejected the idea."

So, why are these two so interesting that TLC has decided to give them a special?  I think it is for the same reason that Jill and Jessa got one.  The TLC contract for 19 Kids and Counting, no doubt, had some kind of moral turpitude clause for cancelling the contract.  That would apply to Jim Bob, Michelle and Josh.  But the network had already negotiated a deal for the Jill/Jessa spinoff and also for Amy's wedding to Dillon King.  The idea for a Jill/Jessa show was reinstated (due to some heavy negotiating by Jim Bob for TLC's punishing the victims, I presume).  But, the special for Amy's wedding was cancelled permanently.

Dillon made a big stink about this at the time, because the proposed show was cancelled two weeks after their engagement was announced in July, 2015.  He asked fans to protest to TLC.

I think that TLC was forced to make good on the deal to give Amy and Dillon a special and that is why the one-year anniversary special was created.  Think about that.  TLC doesn't even do one-year anniversary specials for the married Duggar kids and they, at least, have a fan base. Nobody cares about Amy and Dillon. Let us just hope that this is the last we hear about Amy.  She's almost 31-years-old and it's time for her to start acting her age and find some kind of stable job.  She also needs to get a divorce or to quit bitching publicly about how bad her marriage is.    

I guess give Amy credit for trying?

I'm not sure the folks in reality TV have that much power. From what I have read they pretty much agree to be filmed - end of contract for them. Most contracts state that the powers-that-be can end filming at any time, not air existing footage and have the last word on editing.

Kind of like sign on the dotted line to sell your soul, then hope for the best.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

Do either of them have an actual, paying real job?  She is such a famewhore.

Dill has a small business doing wet ink design, but he doesn't seem to turn out a lot of stuff. He's more concerned about the status of his current monster truck build. @Mollie already detailed Famy's failed ventures. She may get paid a pittance for shilling on IG, but neither she nor Dill are making enough to maintain their lifestyle. I've heard that Dill's family has money; he may have gotten a lump sum payment when he was 21 or 25 (I have a friend who was this fortunate), and they have been living off that. 

They also had an agent during that first year of marriage who got them on Marriage Bootcamp. They certainly weren't invited to do it. I assume the agent also pitched TLC after the wedding special fell through, likely due to Joshgate scandals, although TLC was filming Jessa as early as mid-September. 

Amy and Dillon are living in a house owned by Grandma Mary.  They are remodeling it for her, which means that they painted the walls a drab gray and splotched a dark stain on the wood floors. The interior looks depressing.  I don't know if they get free rent from grandma, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Here's a picture of Amy's ugly bedroom.  This is AFTER redecorating!

0 0 1 a amy.png

Living room. I'd say that Mary is letting them live there rent-free. It's not rentable, and certainly not to Mary's taste. She's got her own log cabin on the compound now anyway. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Living room. I'd say that Mary is letting them live there rent-free. It's not rentable, and certainly not to Mary's taste. She's got her own log cabin on the compound now anyway. 

That's hilarious.  I do like the wood floor though.

• Love 1

Well, I think there was the fixer-upper proviso. Grandma likely  paid for materials, Dillon, Famy, and anyone else they could rope in did the actual work on the place in exchange for rent. Now that the place seems to be done, I wonder if Grandma is charging them, or if they get a free pass like Benessa at her Mold House. I don't think either couple who has lived there has paid a dime in rent. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

No curtains or blinds in the bedroom. Do they live in the woods? Either way, that would not work for me, especially at night.

Maybe the  Dills are quite the exhibitionist & they are hoping to get a Pamela Anderson/Tommy Lee video out of this.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, that house has a really awkward layout, judging by the living room. The lack of blinds or window treatments makes the place look unfinished. 

It just looks dark and depressing to me.  

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

No curtains or blinds in the bedroom. Do they live in the woods? Either way, that would not work for me, especially at night.

Why do I get the feeling that Duggar and Duggar adjacent reality TeeVee Stahs fling open their curtains and turn on all the lights at night? Amy's just skipping the intermediate step. 

13 hours ago, queenanne said:

That's hilarious.  I do like the wood floor though.

When you click on those "signs" the name of the company that sells them -- letterfolk -- pops up on the screen. So the Amester's getting comped for her stupid word pictures ... 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, louannems said:

Do either of them have an actual, paying real job?  She is such a famewhore.

I wonder if Amy & Ding Dong know Jeremy & Auj Roloff from the Little People.  Very similar lives.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ugh, I can't believe Amy grifted a free trip to Mexico, courtesy of TLC. I can't think of two people who deserve it less.

Well, isn't this special, two free loaders who barely worked a day in their lives, get a free trip to Mexico because they are Duggar adjacent get a free trip.  Doesn't the Dill King still own lots of money for previous medical procedures?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3

Looks like we've had a Duggar sighting in Fort Wayne. I was wondering why the plane went there on Tuesday. Looks like they took some of the Howlers to a basketball camp. As you can see, Bateses (and their respective Howlers, certainly) attended. 

Now, JD has to get the plane back tomorrow because someone has to fly Ben to his speaking engagement on Saturday. I forget where it is, but I'm guessing somewhere in Texas? 

IMG_3857.PNG.c93f5fa381e19e1af974af88d112c1be (360x640).jpg

• Love 3
On 6/14/2017 at 11:46 PM, BitterApple said:

Ugh, I can't believe Amy grifted a free trip to Mexico, courtesy of TLC. I can't think of two people who deserve it less.

Amy has been a busy little bee posting seven pictures on Instagram of that anniversary trip which they took almost a year ago.  She's been so busy, in fact, that she forgot to post a 'Happy Father's Day' to her Dad, which she really should have done since she trashed him so badly on her Marriage Boot Camp appearance.  She and her husband Dildo have ruined their relationships with the Duggar 19.  Just what is Amy's claim to fame at this point?  That she used to make an occasional appearance on her uncle's reality TV show years ago?  That she got married two years ago but nobody wanted to film the wedding?  There aren't enough comedy shows on TV so TLC thought they would put Amy on and give us someone to laugh at?

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Mollie said:

She and her husband Dildo have ruined their relationships with the Duggar 19.  

I like that term for Famy's husband. 

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, Mollie said:

Just what is Amy's claim to fame at this point?

I think it's her self-proclaimed status as the "rebel Duggar" (even though she's not actually a Duggar and not much of a rebel). It leads people to hope that she knows a lot of dirt about the family and that she'll eventually spill it. So they keep on paying attention to her and she keeps on teasing them. Personally, I find her and her husband extremely boring, but I don't mind TLC giving them airtime because I'm sure that it really, really pisses Jim Bob off.   

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Since the howlers go to bible basketball camps, wouldn't it make more sense to advertise this trip BEFORE it happens to spread the ministry and get more kids participating?

It would make sense, but with the Duggars, it's all about them.  I don't think they give a crap about the ministry.  All that matters is that they get money & freebies for doing basically nothing.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Kings are in Vegas (Famy saw the Backstreet Boys). Looks like she also bought herself a pair of hooters at some point recently or that's the best padded top ever. 

I'm thinking those girls are store bought and placed in an unnatural spot. Maybe she bought used and saved the difference?

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking those girls are store bought and placed in an unnatural spot. Maybe she bought used and saved the difference?

Why are they discolored?  That's truly bizarre.

She's never had a rack up to her clavicle before other than in that greatly padded/boned wedding dress. There isn't nearly as much padding in this topI vote cheap boob job. They're just rolling through that TLC money, aren't they? 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think so too. Nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery (for adults that can afford it) but that job looks like the implant hasn't settled in yet. For women with naturally large chests there still a softness even with a push-up bra, they look HARD. 

• Love 9