Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ripley68 said:

Man, Amy has a death grip on her husbands arm, and he looks like he is desperately trying to escape

She's probably about to fall over in those hooker boots. They'd be hard to walk in sober, let alone full of wine.

• Love 1
On 3/29/2017 at 3:08 PM, Mollie said:

She should be called "Fat Amy", except that would be an insult to Rebel Wilson, whom I really love.

Rebel Wilson would be the ONLY one to rock and totally own that look....

Is Amy's guy trying to be Richard Gere? ...if so, it ain't working.

Are those thighs the previously lipo-sucked ones?

On 3/8/2017 at 5:31 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Saffy was also the polar opposite of Edina, unlike the Lost Girls who are being groomed to be mini-Mechelles. 

Saffy also was not brainwashed since birth to be the way she was.  Her personality developed over time in response to not having structure and a parent to care for her as one should.  And her brother Serge also went in an opposite direction.  

Both of those kids had the benefit of their grandmother who, although a touch senile on the show, was always there for them.  And that is the one place I do see a similarity between the Monsoons and the Duggars is with Grandma Mary.  Along with the sister moms, Grandma had a lot to do with the care of the J kids.  I think that's also why she moved out...it became too much for her in her old age.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Both of those kids had the benefit of their grandmother who, although a touch senile on the show, was always there for them.

And Saffy, at least, had a father who was around to offer financial support and emotional validation.

• Love 3
(edited)

Is that Jackson on the far left, still stuck with J'Tyler and the List Girls? Isn't he almost 13? eta: Looked it up. He turns 13 and gets his drippy sundae next month. I guess that's when Boob graduates him to "man" status, and he starts working for Duggar, Inc.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

At least they're not  on the roads or sidewalk. And they're not breaking the law in Arkansas.

I see a lot of comments about the lack of helmets on that page, even among the posts which are otherwise complimentary. I guess I'm old, but it doesn't look as though they could do that much damage to themselves riding around in a space like that...I think bike helmets were only beginning to come into general usage when my kids were young, and I certainly rode a bike all over the place throughout my childhood without ever knowing that such a thing existed. I have no idea what the current laws are, but if, as GeeGolly says, they are not breaking the law in Arkansas, I can think of a lot of things to give them more grief about than the lack of bike helmets in a situation like that.

• Love 5

Helmets would be nice, but the bar is low already. Not to mention, the girls are riding incorrectly sized bicycles IN DRESSES. Some of those dresses look long enough to possibly get caught in chains or wheels, and the girls are more likely to run into trouble if the bikes they are riding are so big their feet cannot touch the ground. Those girls will never be allowed to experience riding a bike in pants, so it hardly makes a difference anyways. I probably am being nitpicky here, but one of them is also wearing flip flops. That might be okay for short distances, but if one falls off or gets caught in the chain...ouch. I know few people who have gotten injuries from the bike and flip flops combination. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have no idea what the current laws are, but if, as GeeGolly says, they are not breaking the law in Arkansas, I can think of a lot of things to give them more grief about than the lack of bike helmets in a situation like that.

I think Arkansas is one of those states that doesn't like safety laws or any kind of safety regulations.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 1

The picture is so tiny, so it's hard to tell, but the girls' outfits appear... immodestly clingy. The girl in red appears to be wearing a really short dress and leggings (which, good for her!), while the girl in gray has a longer dress (also over leggings) but it looks SUPER clingy. I know we've mentioned how Jessa's outfits are far from modest despite her claims otherwise; I guess this trend is creeping into the little's outfits as well?

(edited)

My money is on a stiff tailwind. Mechelle Jana would NEVER allow her kids to leave the house dressed so that people could see their buttcheeks. 

(Gah, I'm typing like I'm drunk today!)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

I have no idea what the current laws are, but if, as GeeGolly says, they are not breaking the law in Arkansas, I can think of a lot of things to give them more grief about than the lack of bike helmets in a situation like that.

Well golly gee .

Again, big whoop.  My kids rode their bikes today too, and I'm not promoting it on Instagram or whatever.  It's kind of an everyday thing to do. And they wore helmets. 

And I baked, taught Sunday school, gardened, and made dinner.  And dressed modestly. After all that, i didn't even ask for donations!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The picture is so tiny, so it's hard to tell, but the girls' outfits appear... immodestly clingy. The girl in red appears to be wearing a really short dress and leggings (which, good for her!), while the girl in gray has a longer dress (also over leggings) but it looks SUPER clingy. I know we've mentioned how Jessa's outfits are far from modest despite her claims otherwise; I guess this trend is creeping into the little's outfits as well?

It seems like, from my vague recollections of being an elementary school child on a bike, it's hard to avoid plastering a dress to you when you're sitting atop a bike with a bike seat between your legs helping to pull down the fabric.  (It has been a long time!)

• Love 2

I'm seeing girls holding up bikes. Flip flops really? And yeah... If fabric gets caught up in that chain and you are going at a nice pace. You will be flying through the air really quick. I never wore a helmet (early 90's) though I should have, was in too many wrecks. But, even if my mom made me put it on before I left the house, that thing would have ended up in a bush somewhere to retrieve when I was done. But, I'm not seeing bike riding. Are the boys teaching the girls? 

I wonder if they even really know kids' helmets are a thing? They don't watch the news nor see commercials and I doubt Walmart and such, even stock them in states that don't require them.

Just as I was hitting submit I had a vague recollection of Izzy wearing a helmet 2 sizes too small. Or did I make that up?

5 hours ago, queenanne said:

It seems like, from my vague recollections of being an elementary school child on a bike, it's hard to avoid plastering a dress to you when you're sitting atop a bike with a bike seat between your legs helping to pull down the fabric.  (It has been a long time!)

Reminds me of this:

0 0 1 bicycle.jpg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

I'm seeing girls holding up bikes. Flip flops really? And yeah... If fabric gets caught up in that chain and you are going at a nice pace. You will be flying through the air really quick. I never wore a helmet (early 90's) though I should have, was in too many wrecks. But, even if my mom made me put it on before I left the house, that thing would have ended up in a bush somewhere to retrieve when I was done. But, I'm not seeing bike riding. Are the boys teaching the girls? 

I remember wearing flip-flops riding my bike and having a bit of a nasty fall (don't recall what happened, as I rarely fell off) then coming home to take a shower and clean up the scrapes, to discover that I had managed to scrape off my entire big-toenail. That makes me shudder to this day. I'd like to say that I never wore flip-flops riding my bike again, but I suspect that I probably did, at least occasionally. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
three "and"s in one sentence is a bit excessive
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2017 at 3:12 PM, Ripley68 said:

She HAD to be wearing that for a costume party or something.  The jacket, the boots, she was deliberately copying the look.

Yes, there must have been some occasion.  Maybe a late Halloween party.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Some states you don't even have to wear motorcycle helmets. 

Welcome to Idaho! Actually, minors under 18 have to wear helmets if they're on motorcycles or ATVs, but not bicycles.

17 hours ago, queenanne said:

It seems like, from my vague recollections of being an elementary school child on a bike, it's hard to avoid plastering a dress to you when you're sitting atop a bike with a bike seat between your legs helping to pull down the fabric.  

I guess my point was not so much that it happened, but that the ultra "modest" Duggars saw fit to post a picture of it... 

• Love 2
On 4/9/2017 at 4:37 PM, SnarkyShark said:

Helmets would be nice, but the bar is low already. Not to mention, the girls are riding incorrectly sized bicycles IN DRESSES. Some of those dresses look long enough to possibly get caught in chains or wheels, and the girls are more likely to run into trouble if the bikes they are riding are so big their feet cannot touch the ground. Those girls will never be allowed to experience riding a bike in pants, so it hardly makes a difference anyways. I probably am being nitpicky here, but one of them is also wearing flip flops. That might be okay for short distances, but if one falls off or gets caught in the chain...ouch. I know few people who have gotten injuries from the bike and flip flops combination. 

*raises hand sheepishly*

i nearly cut off a toe at age 11 riding a bike in flip flops.  My friend's front tire got caught in my pedal and down we went.  My foot went backwards and 14 stitches later I learned my lesson.  It was a very painful 4 weeks on crutches for it to heal enough for me to walk on it (the cut was right where the toe bends when you walk).  

I wish I could serve as a PSA for not wearing flip flops to ride bikes to these people.  Then again, it just wouldn't sink in. 

• Love 2

These are the same people who sent their daughters to the rainforest and construction sites wearing flip-flops (during the 19K&C days).  They were also volunteer fire-fighters in flip-flops. (All of these activities dangerous in case of debris or having something land on you foot. )Back then before any of the girls were married, they went everywhere in floor-length skirts and flip-flops, which they defended the same way they do everything else. Later they were allowed to wear more normal clothes and shoes. The last time I watched was during the hiking experience where the girls were in boots and while boots seemed silly, they were definitely a step-up from flip-flops.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2017 at 7:54 AM, Nysha said:

Welcome to Idaho! Actually, minors under 18 have to wear helmets if they're on motorcycles or ATVs, but not bicycles.

You don't have to wear them in Illinois either.  I see helmet-less motorcycle riders when driving my grands places. They always know what grammie thinks of that!

I say "oh look! What do you see?" and they

always answer "Organ Donors, right?"

Yep, I freely admit to brainwashing them on not wearing helmets, (and not to ever start smoking.)

PS..MY kids never wore bike helmets OR seatbelts..but that was long ago, and I've learned *some* things since then, I hope!

Edited by ChiCricket
Because I wanted to.
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Temperance said:
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

These are the same people who sent their daughters to the rainforest and construction sites wearing flip-flops (during the 19K&C days).  They were also volunteer fire-fighters in flip-flops. (All of these activities dangerous in case of debris or having something land on you foot. )Back then before any of the girls were married, they went everywhere in floor-length skirts and flip-flops, which they defended the same way they do everything else. Later they were allowed to wear more normal clothes and shoes. The last time I watched was during the hiking experience where the girls were in boots and while boots seemed silly, they were definitely a step-up from flip-flops.

Surprisingly none of the girls have gotten married wearing flip flops. A pair of bedazzled ones wouldn't be too bad, better than Barefoot Muffy.

• Love 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:29 PM, Honey said:

Yes, there must have been some occasion.  Maybe a late Halloween party.

ON 3/29/2017 AT 10:12 PM, RIPLEY68 SAID:

She HAD to be wearing that for a costume party or something.  The jacket, the boots, she was deliberately copying the look.

Nope.  Here's what Amy said when she posted that picture of herself:

"amyrachelleking. I love this movie.... #Prettywoman 
Confession: In this picture it looks like we had a wild/ crazy night here in Vegas. When in reality we were actually just heading to dinner, inside our hotel and then we crashed for the night. Lol #partyanimals???"

Fat Amy just thought it would be fun to dress like a famous prostitute and parade around a Las Vegas hotel.  This is how Amy shows us that she is a "Daughter of the King", which is supposed to be a reference to God.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, Barb23 said:

Surprisingly none of the girls have gotten married wearing flip flops. A pair of bedazzled ones wouldn't be too bad, better than Barefoot Muffy.

I saw pictures over the weekend of a wedding where the bride was wearing a 1980's puffy wedding dress and white bedazzled flip flops.  The dress was bad enough, but I would have at least worn ballet flats or something like it - it would have looked much better. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree, Amy isn't fat, but you can definitely see how any extra weight she gains is going to go straight to her middle. 

Seriously, Amy is too fat to think she looks like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.   Not to mention the fact that this is what Amy chose to do instead of attending cousin Jinger's wedding that weekend.  (And, Jinger is the cousin she supposedly is closest to.  To this day, she has never met Jeremy.)

0 0 1 Amy.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 3

Does a pedal powered bike need a helmet on private property?

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I agree, although her lousy posture and poor muscle tone make her look bigger than she actually is.

She's not skinny. 

• Love 2
On 4/11/2017 at 3:20 PM, Mollie said:

ON 3/29/2017 AT 10:12 PM, RIPLEY68 SAID:

"amyrachelleking. I love this movie.... #Prettywoman 
Confession: In this picture it looks like we had a wild/ crazy night here in Vegas. When in reality we were actually just heading to dinner, inside our hotel and then we crashed for the night. Lol #partyanimals???"

Fat Amy just thought it would be fun to dress like a famous prostitute and parade around a Las Vegas hotel.  This is how Amy shows us that she is a "Daughter of the King", which is supposed to be a reference to God.

Funny, I've never put it on my bucket list to dress up like a famous fictional prostitute and post a picture of myself wearing it on social media.

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, LilJen said:

Funny, I've never put it on my bucket list to dress up like a famous fictional prostitute and post a picture of myself wearing it on social media.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.   ;  )

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Amy has never met Jeremy?  Seriously?  For as close as they were with Amy, the Dugs sure have shunned her.  

I think Amy shunned the Duggars - they/Josh were tarnishing her brand.

• Love 2