Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

They look like they're playing dress-up, just add endless necklaces and adult pumps. It's sad that even the youngest girls can't wear clothing that fits them. And now poor Josie will be wearing that same outfit for the next 5 years as she grows into each of the dresses.

• Love 5

Jodie really needs a hairstyle that covers her forehead. i say this as someone who has a fringe to cover my forehead, without ia fringe I just look weird, especially in photos 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Married adult people are 500x better socialization companions than your prepubescent sisters- lol. Even when you're single and not a parent. 

No kidding. Anybody over age 12, really. ... Well, except Jim Bob and Michelle, I guess. 

3 hours ago, Totally said:

Jodie really needs a hairstyle that covers her forehead. i say this as someone who has a fringe to cover my forehead, without ia fringe I just look weird, especially in photos 

She does, the poor thing. Both her and Jason have those Stewie Griffin egg heads. I thought Josie would've filled out a bit by now, but she still looks sickly and translucent, like she'd disintegrate if you poured water over her.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She does, the poor thing. Both her and Jason have those Stewie Griffin egg heads. I thought Josie would've filled out a bit by now, but she still looks sickly and translucent, like she'd disintegrate if you poured water over her.

Poor little thing. They paraded her around like a show pony as their "tiny, precious miracle" to push their agenda, and now, they just ignore her like she's part of the woodwork. A child as delicate as Josie needs and deserves far more attention.

Like Saffron Monsoon on AbFab, these girls are "self raising flowers". For those not familiar with the series, her mother, Edwina, chased money, parties, drugs, and sex instead of raising her daughter.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Like Saffron Monsoon on AbFab, these girls are "self raising flowers". For those not familiar with the series, her mother, Edwina, chased money, parties, drugs, and sex instead of raising her daughter.

Before I die I want to party at least once with Edwina & Patsy.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Totally said:

Me too. Where others have a forehead, I have a fivehead. ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Poor Saffy. She would fit right in with the Lost Girls.

Saffy was pretty tough and had pretty strong opinions. I'm pretty sure these flowers just wilt.

Edited by sometimesy
I used pretty 3 times in that short spurt. Is that a record?
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Saffy was pretty tough and had pretty strong opinions. I'm pretty sure these flowers just wilt.

Saffy was also the polar opposite of Edina, unlike the Lost Girls who are being groomed to be mini-Mechelles. 

• Love 8

So now the boys room is populated with Jackson (12), Justin (14), James (15), Jason (16), Jed and Jer (18), Josiah (20), Joseph (22- until he gets married) and Tyler (9). The only question mark is JD. Where is he living? All of those tween and teen boys in one room must be so disgusting.

The girls room is Jana, Hannie (11), Jenny (9), Jordyn (8) and Josie (7).

This family is so jacked up it's not funny.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Totally said:

Fringe is British for bangs, right?

• Love 2

Per the Oxford English Dictionary, "bangs" as a term for the fringe of hair lying over the forehead originated in the stables. Horses' tails were sometimes allowed to grow to a certain length, and then were cut off in an even, horizontal trim called a "bangtail." Racehorses were sometimes called bangtails.

OED cites the first usage of bangs in the context of fringe in the US in 1878. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't get the word 'bangs'. A fringe is a fringe, it's an edge, but bangs don't bang. 

Just add that to the long list of American words that don't make sense.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Just add that to the long list of American words that don't make sense.

My favorite example:  We park on the driveway and drive on the parkway.

16 hours ago, maraleia said:

So now the boys room is populated with Jackson (12), Justin (14), James (15), Jason (16), Jed and Jer (18), Josiah (20), Joseph (22- until he gets married) and Tyler (9). The only question mark is JD. Where is he living? All of those tween and teen boys in one room must be so disgusting.

The girls room is Jana, Hannie (11), Jenny (9), Jordyn (8) and Josie (7).

This family is so jacked up it's not funny.

This is gross (the Boy's Dorm.)  Remember when they used to have bible study in the Boy's Dorm?  No way they could do that now unless everyone going in was armed with a can of Lysol. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

This is gross (the Boy's Dorm.)  Remember when they used to have bible study in the Boy's Dorm?  No way they could do that now unless everyone going in was armed with a can of Lysol. 

I'm sure that room smells like foot and ass and cheesy pong.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2017 at 8:40 PM, Kokapetl said:

I don't get the word 'bangs'. A fringe is a fringe, it's an edge, but bangs don't bang. 

Haha! Yup...I lived in England until I was almost ten, and that was one word that I didn't get used to for the longest time. Even though I now tend to say "bangs" rather than "fringe" it really doesn't sound quite right. But neither does "fringe", really, as it's not something I ever really hear. I need a word for hair hanging over one's forehead that works for me!

• Love 4

Last episodes of Marriage Book Camp I believe Amy said she did not look forward to having a baby.  She may have been a fun Duggar cousin, but it looks like the gruesome births of her cousins may have turned her off from the pain and problems of childbirth.  If my cousins were having the "not a midwifes" and painful births and C sections and toilet births, I am sure I'd back off too.

• Love 5
On 3/8/2017 at 8:40 PM, Kokapetl said:

Google says that it's because when you cut a horse's tail straight across it's called a "bang-tail." .... That would make sense as a derivation but it just pushes the question of meaning one step back. Why's a straight-cut horse tail called a "bang-tail"? Does it allow easier outflow for horse-gas explosions because it's shorter than the usual tail, maybe? 

On 3/9/2017 at 11:42 AM, Barb23 said:

My favorite example:  We park on the driveway and drive on the parkway.

and a can of Febreeze and a face mask. 

• Love 3
On 3/8/2017 at 7:40 PM, Kokapetl said:

I've always been interested in how different English spoken in different places is. From country to country, to state to state, there are big differences. (Actually, I speak Spanish fluently, and there's a lot of differences between countries in that language too.) 

Anyhow,  you all got me wondering WHY a horse's blunt cut tail was called a bang-tail, and found this: http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2011/04/bangs.html

"Why did “bang” mean bluntly cut?

Both Green’s and the OED indicate that since the late 1500s the verb “bang” has meant to hit or thump, and the noun “bang” has meant a blow or a thump.

And “bang” has been used adverbially since the late 18th century, the OED says, to mean “all of a sudden,” or “suddenly and abruptly, all at once, as in ‘to cut a thing bang off.’ ”

Since the bangs on a person’s forehead, like a horse’s banged tail, end abruptly—you might say with a  “bang!”—perhaps the word is simply a case of creative English."

Edited by ChiCricket
Punctuation.
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I've always been interested in how different English spoken in different places is. From country to country, to state to state, there are big differences. (Actually I speak Spanish fluently, and there's a lot of differences between counties in that language too.)

Anyhow,  you all got me wondering WHY a horse's blunt cut tail was called a bang-tail, and found this: http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2011/04/bangs.html

"Why did “bang” mean bluntly cut?

Both Green’s and the OED indicate that since the late 1500s the verb “bang” has meant to hit or thump, and the noun “bang” has meant a blow or a thump.

And “bang” has been used adverbially since the late 18th century, the OED says, to mean “all of a sudden,” or “suddenly and abruptly, all at once, as in ‘to cut a thing bang off.’ ”

Since the bangs on a person’s forehead, like a horse’s banged tail, end abruptly—you might say with a  “bang!”—perhaps the word is simply a case of creative English."

Oh, I do love a fellow language nerd!

• Love 3

Saffy had an education, she was smart, she bucked the trend of what her mother "taught" her and challenged her.  Pity none of these kids stand a chance to do even half that.  Unless we have to wait for Jenny to do that.  Poor little lost girls.  

• Love 3

The thing that annoys me is Amy clearly is in no rush to get pregnant and because lots of little leghumpers follow her, anytime she has a food baby they're like "OMG are you pregnant?" and I don't even like Amy but god it's so annoying to get asked that five hundred times.

40 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The thing that annoys me is Amy clearly is in no rush to get pregnant and because lots of little leghumpers follow her, anytime she has a food baby they're like "OMG are you pregnant?" and I don't even like Amy but god it's so annoying to get asked that five hundred times.

Amy's not going to get pregnant.  She doesn't want to give up drinking booze for nine months.

On Marriage Boot Camp, Amy said that she didn't want to have kids with her husband.  Her husband said, "Is this a marriage where I want to stay in, or do I need to start thinking of an escape plan?"

Amy always looks pregnant because she takes after her mother.

0 0 1 Amy.jpg

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Amy's not going to get pregnant.  She doesn't want to give up drinking booze for nine months.

On Marriage Boot Camp, Amy said that she didn't want to have kids with her husband.  Her husband said, "Is this a marriage where I want to stay in, or do I need to start thinking of an escape plan?"

0 0 1 Amy.jpg

Yeah, she's not the skinniest girl and whenever her stomach looks to be somewhat protruding here come the comments about pregnancy. She even said the other day something about not wanting to give up her wine.

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

0 0 1 Amy.jpg

Severe muffin top. However, Amy must be thrilled that someone took her photo. 

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Not really.  She likes selfies better.

She has the ability to take selfies that make her look thinner. My daughter can do that. She's very bottom heavy, but if you just saw her selfies, you'd think she was very skinny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

She has the ability to take selfies that make her look thinner. My daughter can do that. She's very bottom heavy, but if you just saw her selfies, you'd think she was very skinny.

Amy never wears anything that has a waist.  It's because she doesn't have a waist.  All of her clothes look like maternity wear to me and she is definitely not pregnant.

16 minutes ago, Nysha said:

She claimed that the picture with her mother was 'shopped to make her look fatter. Watching as much as I could stand of that Marriage Bootcamp show, she's not as thin as she'd like us to believe. The pic above was taken before filming; I think she lost a few lbs. before heading out to Hollywood, but she was in no way, shape, or form the thin girl that her selfies want you to believe she is. Definitely a pear, wearing a waterbra or something similarly padded. 

• Love 1

I remember the photo of her and her husband in Vegas and she was wearing the pretty woman outfit. It was not a pretty sight.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I remember the photo of her and her husband in Vegas and she was wearing the pretty woman outfit. It was not a pretty sight.

Is she just too drunk to realize that she looks nothing like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?  She just looks like a piece of white trash.  That pic is from November, the weekend she was supposed to be at best-friend-cousin Jinger's wedding.  Obviously, a trip to Vegas was more important.  To this day, she says that she has never met Jeremy Vuolo.

0 0 1 Amy.png

40 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Is she just too drunk to realize that she looks nothing like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?  She just looks like a piece of white trash.  That pic is from November, the weekend she was supposed to be at best-friend-cousin Jinger's wedding.  Obviously, a trip to Vegas was more important.  To this day, she says that she has never met Jeremy Vuolo.

0 0 1 Amy.png

my eyes...they burn.

2 hours ago, Mollie said:

0 0 1 Amy.png

Oh Amy. Clearly no photoshop was necessary.

i mean, I'd probably look as bad in that outfit- easy - but I know better than to wear it in public.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mollie said:

0 0 1 Amy.png

I am sorry but why did she do this to herself?  It is BAD!  Was she going to a Pretty Woman costume party?  Is this some sort of role playing she and her husband like to do?  Where do you find such a thing?  She looks like a daytime man maker.  That is the most generous thing I could say.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lascuba said:

She did it because she's The Rebel Duggar and needs everyone to know it.

She's the only one who calls herself that.  On Marriage Boot Camp she introduced herself as "the rebel Duggar" and the other reality stars didn't know who she was, what she was talking about or who the Duggars were.  They had never heard of 19 Kids and Counting.   In one of the episodes on that show, she went on and on, yelling and screaming about how she hated being referred to as "the rebel Duggar."  It was a complete farce.  She was never a Duggar anyway.  Her maiden name was Amy Jordan.

She should be called "Fat Amy", except that would be an insult to Rebel Wilson, whom I really love.

0 0 1 Amy.png

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

She HAD to be wearing that for a costume party or something.  The jacket, the boots, she was deliberately copying the look.

Nope.  There was no party.  That's what they wore to have dinner in the hotel where they were staying and then she posted that they went to their room and went to sleep.  And, Halloween was long over.  It was November 5.  "Copying the look" − Yes, Amy likes to look like a hooker, but she's not sexy at all.

Edited by Mollie

I could have sworn she said it was for a costume party, but I must have just assumed that was the case, because I keep forgetting that I shouldn't ascribe normal motivations on these people. 

5 hours ago, Mollie said:

She's the only one who calls herself that.  On Marriage Boot Camp she introduced herself as "the rebel Duggar" and the other reality stars didn't know who she was, what she was talking about or who the Duggars were.  They had never heard of 19 Kids and Counting.   In one of the episodes on that show, she went on and on, yelling and screaming about how she hated being referred to as "the rebel Duggar."  It was a complete farce.  She was never a Duggar anyway.  Her maiden name was Amy Jordan

That's why I can't stand her...she's always claiming trauma over an upbringing that wasn't her own. If one of the actual Duggar daughters broke free and started acting like Amy does? It would still look dumb and all but it would make sense, because that would truly be an act of rebellion and empowerment (real empowerment, not that shit the Kardashians go on about) in light of their upbringing. 

It's like Amy wishes her immediately family was as made-for-tv dysfunctional as the Duggars' are so she could have something "interesting" to talk about. 

• Love 7