Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, MischaMouse said:

That IS her picture. But why? How? Does The Miracle need to be included in everything? Seems so. 

They must have a tiny DMV office with little foot traffic, because if you tried to get your seven year-old's picture taken for funsies out here in Vegas, the staff would look at you like you'd lost your damn mind. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They must have a tiny DMV office with little foot traffic, because if you tried to get your seven year-old's picture taken for funsies out here in Vegas, the staff would look at you like you'd lost your damn mind. 

Last time I had to renew my license in person, I drove 30 miles out to a suburb of Houston and STILL had to wait for 2 hours!  Yeah, that must be a small office, but only 2500 people live in Tonitown.

• Love 1

I may have been in a DMV office in Arkansas that had three people in line when we walked in.  On a "busy" day at the recorder's office there were five people with business to conduct.  Things don't seem to happen there on the scale that they do in a lot of other places.  If they walked in with a film crew, the employees may have wanted to be extra polite.  What bothers me is Josie is always tagging along with, it seems all the activities and continually getting special treatment.  That is neither fair to the other kids or good for her.

Edited by Absolom
Random comma got in there.
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm a Vegas girl too.  I would rather have a sharp stick rammed up my a&& than go to the DMV. And go with a seven year old?  My idea of hell.

• Love 6

Folks line up before the DMV is even open around here. And the DMV staff is not known for their kindness and accommodations. In my neck of the woods you'll often hear people saying maybe so-and-so should change careers and work at the DMV, when referring to an ornery person.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What bothers me is Josie is always tagging along with, it seem,s all the activities and continually getting special treatment.  That is neither fair to the other kids or good for her.

The novelty of Miwacle has worn off with her mother, so the other siblings and experience outside the compound can only be good for her. She's coddled and somewhat feral, so she needs all the socialization she can get.  

Obviously, the DMV doesn't get that much traffic, so Josie wanted her pic taken since she saw her brother get one done. If I had to sit at my desk all day doing nothing, I'd indulge a kid who wanted his/her pic taken, too.

• Love 4

Jordyn doesn't have time for a day out, remember?

“You are such a sweet ray of Sunshine! You love God and others and your prayers during family prayer time are such an encouragement!” Michelle Duggar wrote. “You love to hold babies and be a helper anywhere, laundry, dishes, cleaning, organizing, playing with younger ones and helping other mommies with their little ones!!”

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“You are such a sweet ray of Sunshine! You love God and others and your prayers during family prayer time are such an encouragement!” Michelle Duggar wrote. “You love to hold babies and be a helper anywhere, laundry, dishes, cleaning, organizing, playing with younger ones and helping other mommies with their little ones!!”

Translation: You are such a blessing, because it means I don't have to do shit.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Lulz! We know that's a bold faced lie because a) the Duggars don't use real dishes and b) they sure as hell don't clean. Does Michelle even bother to leave her bedroom during the day to see what goes on in her house?

• Love 5

Jenny was the Lost Girl always frowning and appearing SO miserable in all family pictures.  I do wonder how she is doing.  She may well have troubled teen years ahead.  Speaking of which, why is it that most families I know have at least one troubled teen; my own three all experienced hard teen years, while the many Duggar teens sailed right through adolescent without nary a troubled thought or rebellion of any sort?  No daughter dyed her hair purple, or cut it short.  No boy refused a 1950 style haircut.  No teen refused to attend church.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if these things sound as pathetic and wooden to the kids as they do to us. Dies Jordyn roll her eyes when she reads this bs, or does she treasure these few insincere kind words that her mother bothers to write to her once a year?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

Speaking of which, why is it that most families I know have at least one troubled teen; my own three all experienced hard teen years, while the many Duggar teens sailed right through adolescent without nary a troubled thought or rebellion of any sort?  No daughter dyed her hair purple, or cut it short.  No boy refused a 1950 style haircut.  No teen refused to attend church.

You must be forgetting about Josh.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Folks line up before the DMV is even open around here. And the DMV staff is not known for their kindness and accommodations. In my neck of the woods you'll often hear people saying maybe so-and-so should change careers and work at the DMV, when referring to an ornery person.

Ha! I am stealing that one!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jenny was the Lost Girl always frowning and appearing SO miserable in all family pictures.  I do wonder how she is doing.  She may well have troubled teen years ahead.  Speaking of which, why is it that most families I know have at least one troubled teen; my own three all experienced hard teen years, while the many Duggar teens sailed right through adolescent without nary a troubled thought or rebellion of any sort?  No daughter dyed her hair purple, or cut it short.  No boy refused a 1950 style haircut.  No teen refused to attend church.

Because setting yourself apart from your parent's generation is the normal, natural and healthy process each new generation goes through in adolescence?

But when you're in a straitjacketed, viciously isolated, brainwashed family, you're too depressed and broken in spirit and/or afraid of the cataclysm that might happen if you did one of those relatively minor things.  Or else, in the case of some people who shall be nameless, your impulses to rebel don't run to haircuts or purple dye but are simply murderous. In which case, you either carry them out -- And people say, But he/she was so quiet! -- or you nearly go mad reining them in because you realize that only by doing that can you stay alive and out of prison to get to the day when you can just walk away and not look back. 

Hoping for somebody among the Duggars to be in that last category. It's horrible at the time, but once it's over, if you're Jenny, you can smile some genuine smiles for the rest of your life. 

59 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder if these things sound as pathetic and wooden to the kids as they do to us. Dies Jordyn roll her eyes when she reads this bs, or does she treasure these few insincere kind words that her mother bothers to write to her once a year?

Depends on the kid, probably. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My son once told me (when he was trying to find ways to annoy me even into the afterlife, LOL) that he was going to sprinkle my ashes around the DMV...

• Love 16
3 hours ago, louannems said:

3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

You must be forgetting about Josh.

And ALERT!! At least a couple of them went there. And. . . who knows what else went on (or still goes on) when the cameras weren't filming?

• Love 1
On 2/23/2017 at 3:28 PM, louannems said:

That they have told us about.  There is a reason all those kids get sent to Alert or Journey of the Heart.  I do wonder how they rebel since it can't be as overt as a normal kid like the hair coloring or clothing choices.  

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, louannems said:

Speaking of which, why is it that most families I know have at least one troubled teen; my own three all experienced hard teen years, while the many Duggar teens sailed right through adolescent without nary a troubled thought or rebellion of any sort?  

Jim Boob probably has some "good old boys" on the local police force who won't report any indiscretions of the Duggars.  Some money under the table is always helpful. ;)

• Love 1

For most kids, adolescence is the time where, among other things, they separate from their parents to become their own person (often, apparently, by beginning with being against anything their parents are for!).

Duggars aren't allowed to do this, which may be why they stay out of trouble (except for Josh) and also why they never seem to grow up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

For most kids, adolescence is the time where, among other things, they separate from their parents to become their own person (often, apparently, by beginning with being against anything their parents are for!).

Duggars aren't allowed to do this, which may be why they stay out of trouble (except for Josh) and also why they never seem to grow up.

The Duggar kids are taught to fear God, their parents and the world at large. Fear of hell lowers their likelihood of getting into trouble, and of being independent adults.

• Love 5

Poor little Jenny Duggar will never know until she gets married what it's like not to be surrounded by her family long enough to realize she doesn't want to go back.

• Love 3

I bet a lot of the reason there wasn't more rebellion, besides the obvious brainwashing, was that they weren't socialized, and didn't have to deal with bullying, etc. I do wonder, though, if Jana and Jill experienced some sort of subtle bullying from Jessa and Jinger. I could see them getting to the stage where they threw aside the frump era and ventured into the world of hair straighteners and t-shirts with scarves, and subtly making Jana and Jill feel unfashionable and less-than. My sister was more popular than me in school, and constantly did things like this, where she would improve her looks and then make some sort of almost-snide comment. I wonder if JB and Michelle would have taken this sort of thing seriously. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I wonder if JB and Michelle would have taken this sort of thing seriously. 

I'm betting they wouldn't even have noticed. Or, if they'd been told, that they would have contrived some way to make the bullied people feel even worse. That seems to be their modus operandi. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm betting they wouldn't even have noticed. Or, if they'd been told, that they would have contrived some way to make the bullied people feel even worse. That seems to be their modus operandi. 

Yes, because  in Fundyland, whenever you're sad and not smiling and "keeping sweet", it's all your fault!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Yes, because  in Fundyland, whenever you're sad and not smiling and "keeping sweet", it's all your fault!

After Josh molested his sisters, their bedroom door was locked at night & the girls started wearing legging under their dresses, plus they were told it was not a big deal and forced to forgive him. So, I don't think Jim-Bob & Michelle would have done anything to stop their kids from bullying or protected the ones being bullied.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Nysha said:

After Josh molested his sisters, their bedroom door was locked at night

Was it locked from the outside or the inside?  If there was a fire in that tinderbox of a house, could the girls get out of the bedroom safely or did they need Boob or Michelle to unlock the door?

How screwed up is it that Jana has to share a bedroom with her four youngest sisters now that Joy is getting married soon. I know they redecorated but the video's I've seen don't show the alcove where the youngest slept in those random beds. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ariel said:

Was it locked from the outside or the inside?  If there was a fire in that tinderbox of a house, could the girls get out of the bedroom safely or did they need Boob or Michelle to unlock the door?

Locked from the inside, both doors. I think the TTH is actually more like an Erector Set than Tinker Toys though, as the frame is mostly made of metal.

2 hours ago, maraleia said:

How screwed up is it that Jana has to share a bedroom with her four youngest sisters now that Joy is getting married soon. I know they redecorated but the video's I've seen don't show the alcove where the youngest slept in those random beds. 

I hope that Anna is around a lot and Jana isn't actually having to spend the majority of her time hanging with kids 11 and under. Either way it's got to suck sharing a bedroom with 4 little girls.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Locked from the inside, both doors. I think the TTH is actually more like an Erector Set than Tinker Toys though, as the frame is mostly made of metal.

I hope that Anna is around a lot and Jana isn't actually having to spend the majority of her time hanging with kids 11 and under. Either way it's got to suck sharing a bedroom with 4 little girls.

I don't think it's too common or normal for an unmarried 20 something to hang out with married mommies.  I know my own daughter is Jana's age and she never socializes with married people. She went to college, works a satisfying job, and lives in a condo she purchased.

Of course, Jana is still living at home, so hopefully, she does at least have Anna.

• Love 2

Josie's not tall. She and Mack are the same age; look at the height difference. She's like me....if she was in school, she'd be in the front row of the class picture and probably the shortest person in the class. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't think it's too common or normal for an unmarried 20 something to hang out with married mommies.  I know my own daughter is Jana's age and she never socializes with married people. She went to college, works a satisfying job, and lives in a condo she purchased.

Of course, Jana is still living at home, so hopefully, she does at least have Anna.

Married adult people are 500x better socialization companions than your prepubescent sisters- lol. Even when you're single and not a parent. 

• Love 7